PDA

View Full Version : Coruscant Tales: Hunt for Layla

Daleethria
Mar 20th, 2001, 02:22:31 AM
Daleethria lead the MARCUS from the information bank down to one of the leads that was obtained. The warehouse was the nearest possible location and was the logical choice to "case out", as Sanis would say, first.

She paused in her stride and Daleethria couldn't believe that she actually thought of using the phrase case out. Meditation was in order after this in one form or another. Her mind was too jumbled with nonsensical gibberish with slang talk that Sanis used.

Though ... it did make her smile.

Stopping a block away from the warehouse, Dalethria leaned on a trash receptacle and waited for the contact that Sanis promised her this time.

MARCUS v4
Mar 20th, 2001, 10:59:01 PM
MARCUS skittered around at Daleethria's feet, observing the situation. The warehouse they were at was certainly quite run-down. It was a large building, but the signs of neglect were visible in the broken windows and rusty door panelings. Why they had come to check out this location was unclear to MARCUS. It seemed logical that if the Layla were to be stored anywhere, it would be held in a proper hangar, not some abandoned warehouse. While the cargo doors were quite large on the side of the building, it nevertheless was not the ideal place for a ship to be held.

MARCUS continued to skitter around, his senses heightened as much as they could be allocated.

Dear dear, where is this person we are supposed to meet? I am afraid I do not like this one bit, Daleethria. Who would put such a beautiful starship in such a desolate place?

You know, there are times when my logic programming has to question some of the things that Sanis says. He is highly peculiar at times. Quite puzzling, indeed.

Daleethria
Mar 21st, 2001, 01:04:17 AM
She lowerd her head and narrowed her eyes, staring at MARCUS. It was like he was reading her mind about the things Sanis says. Of course it was impossible ... a droid couldn't do that but perhaps it was her own unique presence that somehow a highly functioning driod like MARCUS could pick up her thoughts?

Nah. Highly illogical.

Dean Malone
Mar 23rd, 2001, 11:51:02 PM
[On a roof opposite of the Warehouse sits Matches, hidden from view behind the small building that holds the stair case that leads to the roof from within the building. He scans the warehouse with his binoculars and makes a mental note of all that he sees. He picks up his black beanie that was lying beside him and slips it on, Making sure no ones watching Matches stands up to stretch his legs. He pulls out the two blasters that were in his two shoulder harness, he makes sure they where loaded and ready. He puts on his black leather coat and slings over his shoulder the heavy blaster rifle that he had brought, He sits back down and awaits his back up]

Daleethria
Mar 31st, 2001, 06:21:07 PM
She was patient and there wasn't any sign yet of where this Matches was. There was no set place to meet which made this all that much more difficult.

A small flash of light caught her attention as she was looking around. She casually looked up and saw someone up on the rooftop right across the street. From this vantage point, Daleethria could not tell if is was friend or foe and her senses through the Force only told her that it was a human.

Lightly kicking MARCUS with her boot, she nodded back with her head towards the building across the street, hoping that the droid might know more.

Darth Ryanos
Apr 10th, 2001, 01:54:10 PM
Poised in a dark corner on the rooftop behind this individual, the possessed bounty hunter ran a scanner to find it's identity. The i.d. came up being a certain individual who went by "Matches." Waiting for the opportune moment to strike, he pulled the EE-3 blaster carbine out of his tunic and checked for ammo. He had enough to wipe this one out millions of times. This would be much easier than what he was used to. All this "client" wanted was this individual, or any others trespassing on the premisis maimed, but not dead. This would not be a problem at all. A very simple procedure. Darth Ryanos stealthily snuck forward, spun the target around, and put the blaster carbine up to his forehead.

"Move, and I'll blow your head clean off. Tell me, what are you doing on these premisises?"

Dean Malone
Apr 10th, 2001, 10:16:46 PM
[With not a very suprised look on his face, the ex-imperial co-op spoke in a clam quite voice]

I'm a repair man. The owner of these wharhouses called the company I work for...

[With in a second Dean bends at the knees, does an upward block, which removes the gun off his forhead and draws his own blaster from his hip and places it on his chest]

What do you want with me?

Darth Ryanos
Apr 12th, 2001, 12:45:53 PM
::Looks into the eyes of the trespasser coldly.

I'm simply here to guard the place. I have been ordered to exterminate any trespassers on sight. But since we both are in a very interesting predicament, I won't shoot you, you won't shoot me. I'll let you go and pretend I never saw you. And also, if you have enough credits, I'll help you with whatever it is your looking for.

::Reaches his free hand for a hand shake

Deal?

Dean Malone
Apr 13th, 2001, 12:07:54 AM
I can;t make deals like that, we must wait for Daleethira

[He slowly steps back and takes a seat, not taking the gun off its target he motions for Ryanos to sit. after several minutes he takes out a pack of cigarettes and puts one in his mouth, then offers one to Ryanos]

Darth Ryanos
Apr 13th, 2001, 02:01:58 PM
::Takes the offered cigarette and puts it in his mouth. Then, ignighting one of the blades on his double lightsaber to about an inch in length, he lights the cigarette. Then, after taking a long drag of the cigarette, he puts out the blade of the lightsaber and puts it back in the cylindrical casing in his cloak. Sitting on the ground, he takes a small box out and opens it. Seeing that it was just a set of tools, "Matches" doesn't even bother worring about it. Reaching for his blaster rifle, he begins to take it apart and clean it. Then, looking up at "Matches," he speaks.

"Who is Daleethira?"

Dean Malone
Apr 13th, 2001, 03:03:29 PM
[He slowly reaches into his jocket pocket and pulls out a small lighter, he lites his smoke and takes a drag]

shes my employers friend

[He takes another drag and blows out smoke circles]

Why are you going to help us?

MARCUS v4
Apr 13th, 2001, 04:43:28 PM
MARCUS beeps slightly, and points out to Daleethria that their contact, Mr. Malone, has apparently met up with some kind of resistance.

I cannot ascertain the identity of the person, Daleethria. However, judging from the man's posture and the decible level of his voice, it appears to be an unexpected encounter. I would advise caution, Daleethria.

Darth Ryanos
Apr 15th, 2001, 06:34:46 PM
::Looks at "Matches."

"Being a security guard is very boring and I just did it because I had no other offers and nothing else to do. If your client, or whoever in charge of the currency, has enough credits to surpass my first job, then I will abandon this stupid security job for your job, whatever it may be. But I'm almost entirely positive that it's better than my current job. And by the way, who is your employer?"

::Waits to hear the response, but he reaches out with the Force to detect anyone else in the area. He feels two other bodies: one a woman, and the other, who didn't seem to be alive. It was a droid for sure. Droids always felt that way when detected with the Force. They must've been the Daleethria character and some protocol assistant. He continues to do a general check on all of his equipment. He looks at his ship's remote control located on his gauntlet. He checks for his double lightsaber, his comm link, and his multi-detonators. They all seemed to be intact, so he puts the comm link on his ear, the multi detonators in a secret compartment inside of his large cloak, and the double lightsaber in its cylindrical case in the inside of his cloak. Then, in the blink of an eye, Ryanos had his EE-3 back together and in its holster, and the tool kit in its compartment next to the holster. Then, taking the last drag of his cigarette, he throws it off of the building, in the direction of the two lifeforms. He watches as the cigarette bounced off of the droids head. Then he sends a telepathic apology to the little droid, hoping that he could recieve it.

OOC: Sorry I hadn't replied in quite a while, but my job has me somewhat busy, and in my spare time, I have been playing a new PS2 game I bought.

Daleethria
Apr 15th, 2001, 10:25:10 PM
As she listened to MARCUS, Daleethria smelled the burning odor of tobacco. There wasn't anyone around that she could see in the streets. She watched the source bounce off the poor droids head and looked up at the building. An arrogant Force user was up there and she narrowed her eyes in disgust.

A Bounty Hunter.

She looked down at MARCUS for a brief moment and then started to head over to the warehouse where the Layla was supposedly held.

MARCUS v4
Apr 15th, 2001, 11:12:16 PM
MARCUS quickly skittered off, following Daleethria

One moment please. I am scanning for traps or countermeasures.

MARCUS' visual indicators flashed several times.

It appears that the doors are protected by several anti-personnel devices. We cannot safely breech them. However, the high windows at the top seem to be unprotected. That being said, I am not sure how we can climb through them. They are 42 meters from the ground.

Dean Malone
Apr 16th, 2001, 01:12:01 PM
[He looks up from his smoke]

The one known as Sanis Prent

[He gets up from his seat and walks over to the fire escape, he quietly climbs down and walks to where daleethira and Marcus are standing. In a low voice]

Hey, I think I may have found a way in. Also Theres someone up on the roof who would like to speak to you be careful he seems a little strange

Darth Ryanos
Apr 16th, 2001, 08:00:15 PM
::Watches as "Matches" climbs down the ladder and looks around. He realized that if he wanted to escape, now was his chance. But they might be his saviors, helping him get out of this dead-end, absolutely ridiculous job. So, instead of escaping while the time was right, he looked down and almost used the ladder, but he then realized that he could get down even faster. He leans over the edge and falls, only to grab on to the wall. His hands digging into the various small crevices on the wall, he climbed down the wall like a lizard, fast and upside down. He climbs until he his 120 feet above the ground. Then, he pounces off of the wall and falls to the ground. Whirling in the air, he falls behind the two, and lands in a crouched position behind them. After standing up strait to stretch his muscles, he takes out a soft piece of cloth. Walking to the small droid, he crouches to his knees and wipes the cigarette smut off of the top of the droid's head. As the droid stares at him, Ryanos speaks.

"I'm sorry about the cigarette. I didn't mean to hit you. I only wanted it to hit on the ground in the middle of you two, but the wind shifted."

::Stands back up to confront the woman.

"Hello, my name is Darth Ryanos. To clear up the matter before it even comes up, I'm not a Sith. I just use the title. It seemed to roll off of the tongue. I learned my abilities from my parents, one a Sith, the other a Dark Jedi. I'm sorry if I seem arrogant."

::Reaches out for a handshake.

Daleethria
Apr 16th, 2001, 11:20:12 PM
Daleethria looks at Ryanos' hand and then to the one called Matches. Her brow furrows in disappointment that there are more people here then what she was told. Looking over Ryanos a bit carefully, she noticed the array of weapons and the like. Subtle caution didn't seem to be this being's area of expertise.

Saying nothing, she pointed to the windows that MARCUS told her about and waited to hear what the two men would think of, though she already was formulating a plan.

Darth Ryanos
Apr 19th, 2001, 06:39:34 PM
::Looks at what Daleethria is pointing at. Noticing the windows and the look on her face, she was formulating a plan that had to do with that window. But what was it? And what was she here for? Looking back in her direction, he feels a small draft and realizes that his cloak was open. Quickly shutting it, he hides the weapons. He then speaks.

"What are you here for? If you tell me, I will help you in any way I can."

Dean Malone
Apr 23rd, 2001, 09:15:55 PM
[He looks at daleethria, he could see that she was displeased with him, for bringing another]

I apoligize Daleethria, I did not expect him to be there, but there was something about him. Anywho I have set up on the roof of that building there

[He points to the building he was just on]

I agree we should go in through the window

[He motions for them to pass]

Ladys First

Daleethria
Apr 23rd, 2001, 11:54:34 PM
She walked passed Malone and looked around ... so far the streets were devoid of any life. All that she could sense was the two that were with her. When she reached the side of the building, her eyes looked at each window and she started to plan her route.

The others that were with her became the last things on her mind as she figured out the best way up there. She would have to be careful when hitting the windows ledges to not trip off any alarms. Luckily there were no motion detectors on the windows.

Stepping up to the wall, she placed her hands on top of the exterior and closes her eyes ...

Darth Ryanos
Apr 26th, 2001, 10:31:01 PM
::Senses immediate danger. He then reaches out and snatches Daleethria's hand.

"If you were to touch that a millimeter higher, we would all be found. Here is where I might be able to help. I can sense them with my normal senses instead of the Force. You see, I have the genes of my parents, two very different species: a human Jedi, and a vampiric Sith. I was never told this because they died trying to keep me. So, they sent me to a small, out of the way planet, on the Carona system, located on the outer rim of the galaxy. It consists of about a thousand small planets the size of asteroids or slightly larger. Because I had no family, I had to find out information about my parents by joining both the Jedi and the Sith (OOC: background only, not actually). And because of these conflicting genes, it caused me to be a half-breed, much like the comic book character Blade. I have some of the strengths of the vampire, and no weaknesses of the vampire. I only had a slight craving of blood, which I managed to control since the age of thirteen, when the vampiric genes became active. And this mix has caused me to have enhanced abilities. You cannot hear the humm of the sensors, whereas I can. They are hard to sense considering that they are machines. And I can see the tiny pressure points that set off the alarms. If you need access to that window, the only way that I see that happening is if I carry you up there, Daleethria and Marcus first, then "Matches." I could use my ship, but a Firespray Class ship without cloaking devices might get a lot more attention then we need. Carrying you up there is the only way that I can think of. You can trust me. I won't let you down."