PDA

View Full Version : Probing Yavin IV

Darth Viscera
Apr 27th, 2001, 12:45:34 AM
In space, a lone Imperial assault shuttle departed from Yavin VIII. The assault shuttle began its short cruise to the fourth planet in the system. Its objective was to establish a communications beacon there, and report back to the Empire, indicating whether or not the planet was ripe for colonization.

The assault shuttle was nearer the planet's orbit now, and orders were given to prepare the descent cycle.

Master Yoghurt
Apr 27th, 2001, 02:51:02 PM
As always, the control center at sensor station "Surveyor 1" was buzzing with activity. This time however, something out of the ordinary was going on. Alarms were screaming, crew was running and warning lights lit the coridors in a red hue.

"Sir, Blue Squadron just picked up an assault shuttle on their sensors. It just departed from the eight moon of Yavin, heading straight for Yavin 4. It is getting dangerously close to proximity mine fields and gun emplacements in quadrant 45A. If course is not changed, it will be automatically destroyed. Furthermore, with present flying pattern, it would hit the first shield perimeter in... 1 minute and 35 seconds.. Interdictor cruisers are engaging gravity wells. All gunplatforms are locking their target computers. Shall we fire?"

"Negative. Quick! Contact Temple Avalon. Send request for identification. If no reply is given, assume it is hostile and order ion battery control at Golan Beta to fire an early warning shot."

**Shortly afterwards, warning messages flashed like a christmas tree on the bridge of the assault shuttle. A green alien like green character appeared on communication viewcreens**

"Greetings. I am Master Yoghurt. You have entered GJO area of control. This is an unexpected visit. You are heading straight into automatic defense grid network. I would suggest course is changed and your business is stated. Over."

Darth Viscera
Apr 27th, 2001, 04:57:46 PM
Wide eyes darted back and forth aboard the assault shuttle. After long moments of silence, one crewman finally spoke.
"Starboard thrusters at 50%. We don't want to run straight into that defense grid."
His comrade was thinking of a course of action which differed greatly.
"Apparently, there are inhabitants of Yavin IV," he began. "Inhabitans with defenses. I'm reporting this to high command. Perhaps they'll know what a GeeJayo or a Master-yogurt is."

A few moments passed, as combat computers transmitted and received data. The crewman looked on in dismay at the conclusion the combat computers back at Imperial Center had come to.

"Sensor dump."

"Shall we answer them?" his comrade asked, his eyes fixated on the comm LED's, which were now blinking furiously.

"Go ahead. It's not like we're here to slaughter anyone," he replied, feverishly working the controls on the sensors. Scan-raids were easy enough to carry out, but escaping certain death afterwords was far more difficult. Sensor pulses shot out of the assault shuttle, gently probing each medium-range contact they could encounter, then progressing throughout the net, and pinging back the results to the shuttle's transceiver, and then back to High Command.

"Roger, Master-yogurt of GeeJayO, this is Lieutenant Clahris of the Galactic Empire, Division I, Exploration/Colonization Committee. We were going to station a Type I probe/buoy on the surface to report status of the planet back to Findings/Engineers, but we were unaware this planet is inhabited. Will you allow us to install a hyperspace sensor buoy here to encourage the expansion of hyperroutes in this sector, as well as trade?"

Teka Kenobi
Apr 27th, 2001, 05:22:08 PM
OOC: sorry for interuption but visc, u gonna reply at your royal order anytime soon???

Darth Viscera
Apr 27th, 2001, 05:36:48 PM
OOC: Replied.