PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

Sanis Prent
Apr 2nd, 2001, 12:25:19 AM
(As the hovercab came to a stop outside the hangar bay, Sanis wearily tipped the cabbie, adding extra for all the water he tracked in. Wearily stepping out, Sanis hobbled to his hangar, knocking on the durasteel door, and trying to get Dalee's attention. Damn, he felt awful. He needed a little bit of down time, especially after what that vampire Saurron did to him. Wincing at the ever-stinging nerves in his left arm and face, Sanis leaned against the wall, waiting for Dalee to answer the door.)

Daleethria
Apr 2nd, 2001, 01:02:11 AM
It had been a few days after Daleethria had received word that Sanis was alive and seemingly doing well. She mad sure that the gift of namana juice was saved so when Sanis did return, they could share it together. Daleethria realized over the last few days, while in deep meditation, her actions further increased the conflict between them. She had no conception of what to do with these new emotions and lashed out at him while protecting herself.

A banging at the door to the ship "woke" her up and she reached out through the Force for recognition.

It took her less then a second to realize who it was and she was already running to the door in the next second. The door opened and Daleethria's eyes gazed upon Sanis in horror. He was so beat up and now being this close she could feel his pain.

A hand reached out, unsure, and brushed against his right cheek gently. She wasn't sure what to really do or say at a moment like this. Daleethria had been waiting on his return and this was not what she was expecting. He was hurt and tired and it was best to be practical for now.

As her fingertips reached his chin, Sanis could feel most of the pain in his body begin to dissolve away.

Let me help you inside.

Sanis Prent
Apr 2nd, 2001, 01:58:51 PM
(At first, the brush of Daleethria's hand against Sanis' face made him wince, but the pain quickly began to subside. Not just in his face, but throughout his body. Sanis breathed in deeply, and looked at Daleethria. He hadn't seen her in days, and despite however awkward things had been before, Sanis was relieved to be around her again. He smiled...or at least attempted so, his face giving a bit of protest to the idea. He was glad to see her.)

Hey there, Dalee. Hope I wasn't too long.

(Sanis looked at her, unsure of what to say or what to do. He didn't want to scare her away anymore, but at the same time, he couldn't simply treat her like one of the others. He knew she was different, even if he couldn't outright say that he had deeper feelings for her. Maybe he'd know for sure sometime later. For now...

...then Dalee's voice came into his mind again. She was speaking to him again. A smile crept on Sanis' face despite the injuries, and he put an arm around Dalee.)

Thank you.

Daleethria
Apr 3rd, 2001, 12:02:40 AM
She smiled in spite of the fact that she was still mad and upset about the whole situation. Something about him smiling while injured seemed so ... Sanis. He could feel her quiet chuckle in his mind as Daleethria helped him into the ship and to the bedroom.

Gently she laid him down on the bed and her fingers brushed back his bangs so at least something wasn't completely messed up on his face.

Tell me the extent of your injuries so I can do what I can to heal you and ... it would perhaps be nice to completely know the reasons behind them.

Slowly a warmth seemed to saturate Sanis' body as Daleethria reached out through her senses, trying to pinpoint his wounds through the Force. Daleethria could easily figure out how badly injured Sanis was, she just wanted to hear his voice that she realized that she missed hearing and know how this happened. Her hands moved from his hair to his face, her fingertips barely brushing against his skin as they moved in a circular pattern, the circles becoming wider and wider steadily. Slowly she worked downwards across his neck and then chest, using her enhanced sense of touch to gain insight to where most of his injuries were.

Sanis Prent
Apr 3rd, 2001, 12:11:24 AM
(Sanis sat at the edge of the bed slowly, removing his damp jacket carefully, as well as his holster harness. As Daleethria attended to his injuries, Sanis answered her as best as he could.)

Busted my face up pretty bad, and I can't move my arm. Probably broken, though.

(Sanis sighed)

It was a job, Dalee. I was taking on a Sith called Saurron. I guess things got rough, and I maxed out. It was a close call, I know...but I'm okay now.

(Sanis smiled slightly, letting Dalee see it. He wanted to let her know everything was okay)

I'm not about to go out like that, don't worry.

(Sanis breathed in deeply, as he felt his whole body tingle, as Daleethria reached out with her senses, trying to help him. As Sanis waited, he hoped she understood that he was trying to make everything okay.)

Daleethria
Apr 4th, 2001, 12:16:40 AM
She finished her inspection and looked at Sanis like a mother scolding her child. A Sith named Saurron. How about a Vampire Sith named Saurron to be more accurate. Daleethria knew who this Saurron was and even now Sanis still couldn't be completely honest with her. Still, Daleethria couldn't be angry. Sanis was just worried about her and didn't want to see her get hurt.

Her hands untucked Sanis' shirt and she carefully pulled it up and over the good arm.

You arm is not broken. It is dislocated.

The palm of her right hand slid up and down his arm, the tingling sensation fully concentrating on this appendage, forcing Sanis to feel the other aches and pains in his body. Her right hand settled on his shoulder as she extended his arm outwards with the other slowly.

Even with the pain blocked some, I cannot prepare you for how bad this will hurt, Sanis. Brace yourself.

With a quick move, Daleethria popped the ball into the socket.

Sanis Prent
Apr 5th, 2001, 05:39:30 AM
(Sanis jerked slightly, biting down on his lower lip as he grimaced.)

Yeagh! Ah-damn!

(Sanis shook his head slightly, as the burning hell in his shoulder slowly dissipated. He settled back down, looking at Dalee. It wasn't until that moment that he really realized it. His mouth opened slightly)

Oh my god...I almost died today.

(Sanis' eyes narrowed as he thought about that. With the ups and downs of his world, getting killed wasn't something you wanted to spend much time thinking about...but Sanis found it inescapable now. He bit on his lower lip slightly as he noticed Dalee's somber and concerned face. She knew he was in dire trouble, and just how close he had come to not coming back at all.

Damn. What could Sanis say now?)

I...

(Sanis closed his eyes, not sure about anything at the moment. Sanis wasn't going to help anybody by getting killed. Maybe it was time to think about the game plan.)

Dalee...I can't get out of the game. I...can't. Dammit, if I could make the same money washing dishes at a restaurant, don't you think I'd do it? Nobody makes it big off of dishes, though.

(Sanis fumbled in his pockets nervously)

Oh god I could use a stim now...

(Sanis looked at Dalee, however, and his roaming hands stopped.)

I'm sorry.

(Sanis laughed at himself)

Oh frell me to Kessel and back...I'm sorry. I wish I could tell you that I was perfect, so we wouldn't have to worry about these things.

(Sanis' laughter stopped, and he slowly shook his head)

But, I'm not perfect. I'm a long damn ways from it, aren't I? I can't get out of the game, Dalee. It keeps pulling me back in.

I'm sorry I brought you here...I'm sorry we had to come to Coruscant. Now, I don't know up from down anymore. Everybody wants a piece of the pie, and there's just not enough pie to go around, y'know?

(Sanis breathes, relaxing and slowing down a little)

It didn't use to be this way, but I think I'm mixing with the wrong people now. Jedi this, Sith that...how the Hell did I become a piece in this? Some schmoe throws some chips down, and says to off some guy, and that's no problem. But these Force guys...there's no forgive and forget, it seems. They got me playing both sides here. I'm a pawn with a pricetag now. And its exactly that kind of big money that I need to get outta here.

(Sitting up, Sanis looks at Dalee)

I'm not goin anywhere without you. You're a blessing, you know? If I didn't meet you on Dagobah, I'd be dead. Dead...like I almost was again today. Your better than any Outlaw luck I've ever had, and...and...

(Sanis reached forward, drawing Dalee towards him, and kissed her deeply. As he moved away, Sanis found the words he was looking for)

...we're not going out like that, you hear me?

Daleethria
Apr 6th, 2001, 01:55:03 AM
Daleethria listened to Sanis without speaking, letting him lift the weight on his mind of his ordeal with Saurron. He realized that the path he walked could kill him and an untimely end was quite possible. Daleethria realized as he spoke that nothing would ever stop Sanis from the danger and excitement. He loved it like a drug and smiled watching him look for a stim cigarette, remembering taking the pack from him early in their relationship.

Relationship?

As Sanis continued talking, she bandaged his arm that she relocated and started to apply batca patches on his lacerations. That's what this was all about. She had no conception of what a relationship was and didn't realize it, until now, that is what she was in for the last month or two. It was strange watching the pieces of the puzzle slowly be put together. Still, it wasn't complete. Something was missing and she couldn't place her finger on it but Daleethria did know one thing.

She didn't want to be anywhere but right here with Sanis no matter what happened.

It was like Sanis read her mind in some odd sense, echoing her thoughts with a deep kiss that took her by surprise. He pulled back and looked at her intently when he spoke to her and then the final piece of the puzzle set itself, completing the final scene. Daleethria finally understood why she wanted to be closer to Sanis everyday and how it hurt when he wasn't near. Why it forced her to revert back to her cold and calculating ways when he denied being with her over a week ago. Sanis had to have felt the same way, but with the way he was, probably just hadn't realized it yet.

She cupped his cheek and then slid it up so she could straighten out his hair.

I know, Sanis. I'll always be with you ...

Daleethria bit her lip and wondered if he would bolt again. Logically, he should considering his previous actions but she needed to say it.

... I love you.

Sanis Prent
Apr 6th, 2001, 02:17:47 AM
(Sanis' mouth opened at hearing her words. Love? Is that what that is? Sanis' thoughts began to spin wildly, thinking about Dalee, and how she made him feel.

It was the emptiest feeling in the galaxy when Sanis walked out about a week ago. He'd never been that overly concerned about a girl. They had all simply come and gone before, and it never entered into the equation. But Dalee made him think, she made him laugh, and she also made him care...care for another human being other than himself. It wasn't something Sanis was used to, and when she got quiet, it hurt him in a bad way.

Was that love? Is that what people talked about?

Sanis stumbled on his words, trying to get his thoughts in order. Love. Did he love Daleethria? Love...)

I...uh, I'm...wel...

(Sanis stopped. He turned, and looked at Dalee in a way that he hadn't looked at her before.)

I love you too, Daleethria.

Daleethria
Apr 8th, 2001, 06:36:54 PM
He didn't run. Instead his feelings matched her own and he admitted to her that he loved her. Daleethria didn't know why and didn't care. This shouldn't be happening and Sanis should have already started to push her away. But ... he didn't!

Being overwhelmed that her fears were unfounded, she wrapped her arms around Sanis' neck and hugged him tightly. Forgetting that he was really in no shape for this kind of affection yet.

Sanis Prent
Apr 9th, 2001, 02:22:14 AM
(Sanis grimaced slightly as Dalee hugged him tightly. He whispered to her...)

Dalee...

(She held on tighter, and Sanis' whisper got a little louder...)

Dalee...

(She tightened even more, and Sanis winced)

OW! Dalee!

(She backed away, upset that she had hurt him. He lay on the bed for a second, still wincing, and slowly began to laugh at the situation. Sitting, up, he slowly reached for her hand.)

I've never said that before, you know. This is so new to me, Dalee.

Daleethria
Apr 9th, 2001, 03:28:06 AM
The guilt for having hurt him was washed away as he laughed. Smiling, she took his hand and sat down next to him.

You taught me so much, Sanis. Ever since the time we met at the bar, I knew you were important to me. The Force led me to know that this was true.

Her fingers slid gently through his hair.

You were my teacher in what emotions were and how it was to be human. Without you, I do not think I could ever ... love.

Sanis Prent
Apr 22nd, 2001, 03:53:13 AM
(Smiling knowingly, Sanis slowly caresses Daleethria's face, as he kisses her again...letting the newfound feelings take hold. So...this was love, huh? It was definitely something that Sanis could get addicted to. Yet another fix, and he didn't see any bad side effects to this one.)

Daleethria
Apr 23rd, 2001, 01:22:31 PM
She returned the kiss gently, letting him lead her. Daleethria found so much comfort in his lips that it was beginning to make up for the short life she had without ever knowing what it was like caring and sharing oneself with another.

Leaning forward, she deepened the kiss further ... pushing Sanis to his back on the bed. Then she broke the kiss suddenly, realizing that she did it again.

I did not hurt you did I?

Daleethria already let her emotions get the better of her when she hugged him, and now she stared into his eyes ... hoping that it didn't happen once again.