PDA

View Full Version : On the trail of Sanis...

Akrabbim
Apr 22nd, 2001, 02:11:53 AM
Akrabbim had been searching for Sanis Prent for some time... his previous defeat still weighed heavily on him. This man should be in jail, not roaming the streets. After a great deal of tracking, he had finally found the man on Coruscant. All he had to do now is lure him into an open area. Close-range wouldn't work... he probably had that blasted ysalamir with him. Akrabbim trails the man until he finally comes out into the open. He steps out behind Prent and calls out.

SANIS! I still remember our last fight. I think it's time to finish what we started.

Sanis Prent
Apr 22nd, 2001, 03:46:27 AM
(Sanis paused, with his hand on his shell gun. He kept his back to the voice.)

Let me guess...you're the Deputy Fife character I had a run-in with back at the art show?

(Sanis laughed slightly)

You mean you tracked me...all the way back here? What, for a petty theft? You're about the ballsiest dumb guy I've ever met, boyscout.

So...are we gonna play the same game again? You really shouldn't be pokin around here, you know.

Akrabbim
Apr 22nd, 2001, 04:15:44 AM
I learn from past mistakes, punk. You won't stop me like that again. In fact, I doubt you'll stop me at all. Turn and face me, or I'll strike you down from behind.

Sanis Prent
Apr 22nd, 2001, 10:53:15 PM
(Sanis sighed slightly)

You really aren't gonna stop till I put you in the ground, are you? I'd rather not have a dead Jedi on my hands, but you're getting damn annoying, buddy!

(Whirling around quickly, Sanis fired his Mandalorian Shell Gun from the hip, twisting it around in its sling holster. The black shell rifled toward the Jedi at hypersonic speeds. It was the same shot Sanis had used to put the pesky Padawan on his back in their last encounter.)

Akrabbim
Apr 23rd, 2001, 11:33:26 PM
Akrabbim quickly draws his quantum armor katana half-way out of it's sheath, holding the weapon handle down. The bullet bounces off of the metal blade, deflecting harmlessly away. He slowly draws the sword the rest of the way, levelling the weapon at Sanis' face.

Sorry, Sanis, but this weapon won't shut down. Nice try though. "A" for effort. Care to try again? Hope the ammo for your pop gun isn't too expensive...

Sanis Prent
Apr 26th, 2001, 03:53:07 PM
(Sanis cursed under his breath. Dammit...the black ones were 25,000 credits a shot. Now, this guy was really getting under his skin.

Opening the hinge breech of his shell gun, Sanis thumbs out the spent casing, sliding an orange shell into the chamber. As he flips the breech closed, Sanis looks at the Jedi.)

I've got a few more in me than that, chief.

(Sanis squeezed the trigger, and a loud "Bang" sounded as the projectile was fired. A fraction of a second later, a much louder "Bang" thundered through the air as the shell's miniature hyperdrive engine activated, accelerating towards Akrabbim at the speed of light.)

Akrabbim
Apr 26th, 2001, 07:21:03 PM
Akrabbim's eyes widen as the shell is fired. Figuring that the outlaw's weapon wouldn't quite be blockable, he dodges to the side as fast as possible. He is able to dodge the bullet, but just barely. The shockwave the bullet produces, however, is wicked. Akrabbim slams to the ground, landing with his sword trapped between himself and the ground. As he tries to rise, he sees Sanis drawing more weaponry...

Sanis Prent
Apr 27th, 2001, 02:43:42 PM
(Sanis is quick to move, sliding his shell gun back into its loop holster, and drawing both of his Corellian blasters from the holsters strapped around his torso harness. He quickly begins to run, attempting to position himself at the Jedi's flank, as he fires of both blasters, one after the other in rapid succession.)

OOC: My little moment of John Woo Zen :)

Akrabbim
Apr 27th, 2001, 11:03:49 PM
Akrabbim sees the blasters firing and knows he has to react quickly. He does not have time to extricate his sword, and his saber is likewise encumbered. There is only one other option... his shuriken. He uses the Force, causing two of his shuriken to hover in front of him, blocking the blasts and directing them back at Sanis. At least he wasn't firing shells at the moment. Those things cause far too much trouble. With the shuriken blocking the shots, he regains his feet, hiding his sword behind him. He places the tip of his sword into the roof of the building, just cutting through the roof. He begins circling Sanis, hoping that he does not notice the trap being laid...

Sanis Prent
May 3rd, 2001, 01:40:12 AM
(Sanis didn't know how he managed to react, but the moment those shuriken were out and deflecting the shots, he knew...)

KRASST!

(Sanis dove into a roll across the ground as his own reflecting shots zipped past him. Rolling on the ground, Sanis clicked the controls to his personal shield generator, the small device coming to life with a whine.

Rising to his feet quickly, Sanis thinks about taking the Jedi on with his blasters, but hesitates, knowing that such a tactic would probably not work against his enemies better agility.

Sanis watches Akrabbim circle him, looking for an opportunity to attack.)

Akrabbim
May 3rd, 2001, 06:02:33 PM
Akrabbim uses an illusion on Sanis so he does not see the cut being made in the roof. As Akrabbim nears the completion of his circle, he stops and addresses Sanis.

Excuse me, but can you fly?

As Sanis ponders the ludicrous question for a moment, Akrabbim brings his sword in front of him, slashing it downwards. He cuts through the remaining material that is holding Sanis, causing him to crash through to the level below.

Well, guess not...

Akrabbim drops down to Sanis' level and closes in...

Sanis Prent
May 6th, 2001, 04:02:17 AM
(As the floor gave way, Sanis let out a shout, firing one of his blasters uselessly into the air as he fell. He landed on the ground with a hard thump...knocking the wind out of him and dazing him quite a bit, as the stifling cloud of debris floated around him from the attack.)

Akrabbim
May 6th, 2001, 05:38:19 PM
Akrabbim drops through the hole in the ceiling and lands near Sanis. He slices through the blaster in Sanis' hand and levels the sword at his throat.

Yield! I'd hate to get my favorite sword dirty...

Sanis Prent
May 6th, 2001, 08:58:34 PM
Ah sonufa...that was my favorite blaster!

(Well, maybe not. But damn, they cost 500 credits a piece! Sanis looked at the severed weapon in disgust, tossing the handle aside.)

Damn man...easy on the hardware!

(The padawan stood motionless, and Sanis was also rather still for a moment, until he thought of something.)

Hey, I've always wanted to know...

(Sanis twists his shell gun upwards in its sling holster, the barrel of the weapon pointing at Akrabbim's chest.)

...can Jedi fly?

(Sanis squeezed the trigger, sending the blue mandalorian repulsorfield shell screaming out of the barrel at the Jedi.)

Akrabbim
May 7th, 2001, 03:03:26 AM
Akrabbim nearly passes out from the shock of the repulsorfield on his chest. He slams into the wall and slumps down in a heap. He's not quite out of the fight yet, but there is no point in tipping his hand. Sanis begins running away, looking for the door. Akrabbim had already seen it, and knew it was closed. Perhaps Sanis might see things differently. He concentrates through the pain, projecting an image of the door being wide open. Sanis has already shown that he cannot fly. Perhaps he can walk through walls...

Sanis Prent
May 8th, 2001, 12:43:11 AM
(Sanis smiled as he watched the Jedi careen across the room, slamming against the wall. However, he knew the Jedi were always quick to recover, and wasn't about to gloat over this one. Turning to run, Sanis made his way towards the open door. He'd been caught unprepared by the Jedi this time, but next time, he'd have his stu...

...WHAM!

Sanis' face hit the closed door in full. The force of impact knocked Sanis flat on his back, extremely dazed. Sanis blinked hard, seeing double as he tried to get the ringing out of his ears. Struggling to his feet, Sanis fumbled for his shell gun.)

Akrabbim
May 8th, 2001, 03:28:39 AM
*The shield! I forgot about that... but it can only take so many shots... gotta get to him before he recovers.* Akrabbim rushes the man, trying to get to him as soon as possible. He sees the shell gun lying near Sanis, too far away for Akrabbim to reach. He creates an illusion, making the gun invisible. As he reaches Sanis, he slashes at the man's shield, trying to break its integrity.

Yield! This need not end in bloodshed!

Sanis Prent
May 8th, 2001, 03:56:33 AM
(Dammit...where was the gun! Sanis looked around frantically. It was just right there! Just a second ago!

As Sanis searched, the Jedi came around, slashing aggressively with his sword. The blade impacted on Sanis' personal shield, deflecting it away. However, Sanis kept watching the shield's intensity drop. 44 percent and dropping. At this rate, Sanis would lose his shield in a couple of strikes. Akrabbim pulled back for another attack, and Sanis rolled up to his knees, tapping the backs of his gloves, and activating the small-field shield generators in them. He brought his hands upward in a cupped shape, catching Akrabbim's sword in between two wedged magnetic fields. Akrabbim's katana was now stuck.)

Akrabbim
May 8th, 2001, 04:02:47 AM
Akrabbim's body jolts at the impact of the block. Well, if he wants the sword that badly...

No, no, you've got it all wrong... you hold the big end, down here...

Akrabbim applies force on the handle, using Sanis' hands as a fulcrum. The butt of the handle swings in, landing squarely on Sanis' jaw.

There, doesn't that work much better?

Sanis Prent
May 9th, 2001, 06:14:47 PM
(Sanis falls backwards, stunned and disoriented from the shot to the jaw. He unclips an imperial grav-sphere, setting the gravitational coefficient to 4. Sanis puts it on a 1 second delay, and lobs it at Akrabbim.)

Akrabbim
May 10th, 2001, 01:32:37 AM
Akrabbim sees the sphere come at him and attempts to dodge, but to no avail. The sphere activates, sending him to the ground. He removes his shuriken from his gi with the Force, sending them at Sanis' throat. He then hurls his sword at Sanis, striking him in the chest. This final shot destroys Sanis' shield. The shuriken make a ring around Sanis' throat, rotating slowly.

Nice toy. But since I can't really do much else, I can devote all my time to making those shuriken dance. I can wait as long as you can. I'd suggest standing still.

Sanis Prent
May 16th, 2001, 12:30:45 AM
(Sanis tries to think of a way out, but each idea is quickly shot down by the chance of failure. With a sigh of resignation, Sanis speaks.)

Alright kiddo...you got me.

Akrabbim
May 25th, 2001, 07:43:46 PM
Akrabbim bides his time until the sphere loses power. He continues holding Sanis until he can pick up the man's shell gun.

Alright, I know one of those shells of yours fires a net. But I'm not quite sure which one. So you're gonna tell me, and then I'm gonna shoot you. So I suggest you tell the truth. Which color?