PDA

View Full Version : The Cradle Will Fall

Kal Jericho
May 24th, 2001, 12:39:52 PM
OOC: I have decided to have this as an open rp because closed ones tend to be rather boring and slow paced. But I will not allow anybody to spoil this roleplay in any way possible. The idea is to tell a good story and have some fun along the way. If people are willing to allow this to happen then they are welcome to participate. The plot is initially simple: A group of terrorists will cleverly get inside the Imperial Palace whilst a party is in progress. They will take the party-goers hostage and eventually authorities will be alerted to the situation and surround the palace. The terrorist demands will be seemingly clear - the release of several prisoners and safe passage off-world. However, they intend to steal a great deal of funds from the treasury below the Palace itself - the demands and the terrorist actions are actually a decoy. The ultimate outcome will be that the terrorists will blow Coruscant Palace up whilst achieving none of their goals except enough money to carry on as they were and escape with their lives in tact.

How those outcomes are revealed will be the fun part. I've made the plot relatively clear so that nobody gets involved and then moans about it - thus spoiling the roleplay once it's underway. Anyways, Imperials are more than welcome if you allow the story to be told without moaning and trying to end the situation in just a few posts. Jedi peacekeepers would be nice additions to the hostages (possibly trying to be the heroes), and if a Sith has a good enough reason to get involved then power to ya!

Normal rules apply: Can't kill or maim characters without players consent. No god-moding. No non-star wars abuse and lets keep a positive atmosphere out of character as mich as possible please. Well I bet you're sick and tired of me rambling on now (those of you who were smart and bothered enough to even read this part), so I'll shut up now and let Kal do the rest. Enjoy!

IC:

The Kuari Princess had almost come to the end of its maiden voyage. What better way to start off the ships touring life than a four week Grand Galactic Tour. The Kuari Princess was an M-Class luxury liner with accomodations for 3500 passengers and 27 different species. It truly was a luxury: staterooms to serve every budget - from the deluxe Royal Suite to economy double berth rooms, fine cuisine artistically prepared by the esteemed Head Chef Chirome and his capable staff, served in the Princess's five stately dining rooms. Passengers were able to dance the night away in the Grand Ballroom to the soothing sub-harmonics of the ship's orchestra, or jump to the modern sounds of a glizband at Xerrol's Place, the swinging onboard nightclub. Six swimming pools of various designs to suit any passenger, including competition-sized NH3/Hg tank on the Lido deck. Deck-mounted minature Turbolasers for space skeet and asteroid target shooting, 15 modern exercise gyms with variable gravity control, 45 zero-gee wallball courts, a full-sized 20-port slafcourse, tariff-free shopping at InterWorld Marketplace - the onboard bazaar - and a friendly, dedicated crew dedicated to making the voyage a pleasant, safe and enjoyable journey.

Now, Kal wasn't the type of person to go on a cruise, and certainly one not to go on a cruise that took one to places such as Tatooine, Bespin and above all the Imperial Center itself! But since the ticket was free and he needed a way of laying low for a while, a cruise seemed too good to be true. Now Kal would be the first one to say how boring cruises could be, but even he had to admit - THIS trip was actually fun. While there were some pretty intense moments on Tatooine in that bar, it was nice talking to the administrator of Cloud City, as well as making out with the Twi'Lekk in the treetop village on Endor. Sadly, all good things have to come to and end, and it was almost here. The final destination of the Kuari Princess - Coruscant.

Kal had been awake for almost an hour now, which was normal for him considering what time it was locally. and he would have been in a better mood had it not been for the Refresher deciding to malfunction, causing him to have a rather...hot bath this morning. Add to the fact that he'd been in a fight the day before, and was suffering from a hangover caused by a drink that started the fight, and I guess you could say that Kal Jericho was feeling a little disgruntled this morning. In little over two hours the Kuari Princess would be dropping out of hyperspace at Coruscant. Kal sat on the bed of his room with his back against the pillow propped up against the wall as he read the final entry of the brochure...

Week 4

The crowning finale to your Grand Galactic Tour is a visit to the Imperial City itself, where you'll spend an entire week of regal splendour in the cultural nucleus of the universe. Experience the finest the galaxy has to offer in the arts and entertainment. Attend a performance by the renowned Imperial Ballet Company. Visit museums containing vast collections of priceless artifacts and works of art from throughout the Empire. Witness the changing of the Imperial Guard and join a rare tour of the Palpatine Gardens, located on the resplendent grounds of the Imperial Palace itself - where you shall attend a first-class party on the first night of your stay. Live the magnificence of The Imperial City - a once in a lifetime spectacle!

Galaxy Tours - Your Passport to Adventure

Kal chuckled to himself. Not exactly the description he would give the capital. Still, it would be nice to visit Coruscant being hunted down by authorities. He lazily stood up and threw the brochure on the bed behind him, clipped his utility belt around his waist and left the room.

The corridor was empty. The Dune Sea had more people walking around it. Though technically it did have since the first week of the trip took them for a party on a sail barge out there. He walked around for fifteen minutes and only met one other being - the Twi'Lekk from that night on Endor. She winked at Kal once, and as she walked past him he patted her on the bottom, jokingly. She smiled and carried on walking. Soon, Kal had arrived at the dining room. Already tables were set to receive the passengers for their breakfast. Kal sat down for five minutes. Within those five minutes the room was full of people. Kal's table was, like the others, full. The people consisted of Kal, a human male, two human females, an Ithorian couple and two Bothans. During breakfast, the group talked amongst themselves about general news lately. However, Kal tended not to get involved in the conversation too much. Then, the human male turned to Kal...

OOC: Feel free to join in using an opening in my post if you see one, or make up your own.

Darth Viscera
May 25th, 2001, 11:00:00 AM
OOC: Dude, that's my house! Ah man, you are SO on my list!

Simon Peter Gruber
May 28th, 2001, 07:07:11 PM
"This is your first cruise, isn't it!"

Simon spoke with etiquette as he held the wine glass in his hand. Kal's face was reflected in his dark-faced glasses. He smiled, yet whether it was directed at Kal or in response to the wine was anybody's guess. Had this been a movie, Simon's teeth would have shined with a ping.

"I beg your pardon?" replied Kal. He looked rather suprised at the fact that a man who dressed so respectfully as Simon would be seen talking to such a ragtag, roughneck as Kal. Initially, Kal felt compelled to draw his blaster at the presumption that this man was after something. But Kal was more curious as to why he wanted him as opposed to what he wanted.

"The way you sit - the way eat your food and drink your beverage - you're not the luxury type are you!"...Simon said, chuckling slightly. This fellow was the rogue type - perhaps a smuggler or a bounty hunter using this cruise as a way of "getting away from it all". But to Simon, he seemed to be quite a seemingly nice guy underneath that ruggish-looking demeanor.