PDA

View Full Version : Blinding the cyclops: Preparation

Akrabbim
Mar 18th, 2001, 02:00:25 AM
After recieving the orders from his higher-ups, Akrabbim embarks on his quest to perform a bit of espionage on the Empire. Several ships had been caught in a certain sector of the galaxy, and it is his job to find out why. But before he could leave and begin his search, he needed the help of a slicer. This job would require a very special piece of code... something to help him slice into whatevre he may find. With the Jedi council backing his operation, he should be able to afford the services of a good slicer. Akrabbim enters one of the local bars, attempting to locate such a person. He slips into the bar and takes a seat, scanning the room. Perhaps a suitable person can be found...

EDIT: Removing info I shouldn't know yet. and title change

Raunkks
Mar 18th, 2001, 03:18:51 AM
(It had been a long day of work, and Raunkks was glad to be able to get away from the shop. Clive had gone off to do his thing, while Raunkks had gone off to do his.)

(Raunkks sat silently in a darkened corner of the bar. Not much could be seen of him because of his black, thick scales. Only the hint of a gleam could be seen coming from his large, dark eyes. He was sitting at one of the booths that overlooked the entire bar, one that kept his back solidly placed at a wall. He sipped his drink, something strong and fowl smelling. As he watched the patrons of the bar come and go, he spotted one entering that caught his attention. This one seemed alert and quite confident in his stride. He too observed the crowd, looking for something... or someone. Raunkks merely watched the man in his dark cloak.)

Akrabbim
Mar 18th, 2001, 03:41:02 AM
Akrabbim scans the bar until he notices a certain patron who catches his interest... a Barabel! The Barabel were known for their trust of the Jedi... perhaps this one would follow suit. Akrabbim strides purposefully towards him, making eye contact. Perhaps this man could give him some assistance in his quest. With luck, he would be a slicer. If not, he may at least be able to help him find one. Once he arrives at the table, Akrabbim introduces himself.

Hello. I am Jedi Padawan Akrabbim Melchizan. Would you mind if I joined you at your table? I have a feeling you might be able to help me...

Raunkks
Mar 18th, 2001, 03:46:11 AM
(Raunkks straightened at the mention of "Jedi". Without hesitation, he set his drink down and stood, hitting his right fist to his chest, bowing slightly.)

I am honored that you would join me, Jedi.

Akrabbim
Mar 18th, 2001, 04:29:07 PM
Akrabbim bows to the Barabel.

The honor is mine, my friend. I was wondering if you could help me. I am in need of a good slicer. Shall we sit and discuss matters?

The two sit and resume a more inconspicuous posture. Akrabbim relates the part of his plan which will require the slicing. He tells the Barabel that he needs a piece of equipment that will allow a slicer to do his work from a remote location. It will be hard enough for Akrabbim to infiltrate the Empire. Bringing a slicer along would be impossible. But, if the slicer could work from a distance...

So, do you think you can find a slicer capable of this? And by the way, we have not even formally met. May I inquire your name?

EDIT: Again, removing info I shouldn't know.

DarthPoreon
Mar 19th, 2001, 08:26:07 PM
Trick me once, shame on you. Trick me twice, shame on me.
The Commodore in the Dantooine Guard thought of the old rhyme as he sat staring over the planet of Dantooine. He had made a mistake and let the Unknown Force get through and almost Destroy AEGSA, The Extra Galactic Survelliance Team. Now with savage wrecked on AEGSA, the Commodore awaited High Command's red folder; a folder that marked expultion for any Imperial Officer.

Awaiting High Command's notice, the Commodore had to do his best to keep the Dantooine Guard ontop of things and not let a scheme like the Unknown Force happen again. To help the Commodore's effort, Grand Moff Poreon issued a marital law over Dantooine until things settled down which, at this rate, seemed like it would never happen.

Also in the Grand Moff's order, he ordered that all ships entering Dantooine Space be routed to a nearby Military Moon where every ship would be checked for goods, people, and anything that could pose a threat to Dantooine.

The Commodore's vivid imagination played horror with his mind on what could happen to him or Dantooine if the Unknown Force were to return or if another Force were to attack.

Intelligence General Regial had been staring at the Keyhole Survelliance View Screens for three hours now looking for any clues of possible attack to any Imperial Planet. The Unknown Force Attack had come out of no where and suprised the Intelligence General. The Keyhole Survelliance System had flaws in it, the General would have to think of ways to fix the flaws.

When Regial's subordinates came into relieve him of his duty, he had yet to see any signs of possible attack yet. Regial quickly retired to his room inside the Keyhole Command Center with the assurance that the he and the Imperial worlds were safe despite the Unknown Force Threat.

Akrabbim
Mar 20th, 2001, 01:47:11 AM
Note to Raunkks and others: Check the edits in the original posts.

Raunkks
Mar 20th, 2001, 03:50:40 AM
(Raunkks nodded his head to the Jedi.)

I am Raunkks. And as to your inquiry, I do know where you can find a slicer that would fit your needs with available equipment.

(He smiled a large, sharp, toothy grin.)

I am an expert slicer. What is it you would require besides the slicer himself and his equipment?

Akrabbim
Mar 20th, 2001, 04:30:35 AM
Akrabbim's eyes brighten at having found a slicer so soon. The man's willingness to help without even quoting a price is an even better sign.

The main thing I need is an interface that can connect you to whatever I may find on my mission. No matter what the cause for the ships' destruction, I have no doubt that the cause will be heavily guarded with security systems. This interface must be undetectable. If it is impossible to make long distance communications undetectable, perhaps the signal could be "piggy-backed" off of the communications between ships. Other than that, I need you to make sure that you stay out of ANY trouble until I need you. Your services would be invaluable to this mission, and if you get arrested or captured, things would not go well for me, to say the least. Are you willing?

Raunkks
Mar 20th, 2001, 04:37:56 AM
(Raunkks once again pressed his right fist to his chest, lowering his head slightly.)

It would be my honor to assist you, Jedi. And I will do it for no cost. What the Jedi did for my people so long ago is without cost, and could never be paid back in full. Therefore, I volunteer my services to you.

Akrabbim
Mar 21st, 2001, 04:14:23 AM
Akrabbim bows once more to the Barabel.

I am humbled by your generosity, my friend. I am in your debt. Should you ever need aid of any kind, please call on me. How soon can you obtain the equipment? If you will not accept payment, at least allow me to help you purchase the necessary components.

Raunkks
Mar 21st, 2001, 04:18:53 AM
(Raunkks grinned.)

The necessary components require no purchasing. My partner owns a gun shop not far from here. Like myself, he also does some information gathering. As to slicing, that is more my department. I have all I need and require from his shop. And if I require more, it can be optained from his warehouse on Nar Shadda.

Akrabbim
Mar 21st, 2001, 03:44:50 PM
Excellent... much better than I could have even hoped. As soon as I have the piece of hardware to carry on my mission, I can proceed with the next step. May I accomany you to your associate's place of business? You can get the equipment you need, and he may have some of the other objects that I could use.

Akrabbim rises from his chair.

I am sorry to be so impatient, but I am anxious to begin my mission. Shall we?

Raunkks
Mar 25th, 2001, 05:53:48 AM
(Raunkks stood, bowing slightly and moving away from the booth to stand beside Akrabbim.)

There is no need for apology. This mission is of importance to you, and I will help you in any way I can. Come. I will take you to my friends shop.

(With that, Raunkks led the way outside of the bar and to his speeder. Both road down to a dead end street not far from the bar. Raunkks parked the speeder in a garage next to an expensive looking one. He continued to lead the way outside of the garage down some moving sidewalks. They descended a couple of levels, before they stood in front of a small weapons shop.)

(Raunkks enterd first, spotting a one-eyed man at the counter.)

Hey, CJ. I'd like you to meet Jedi Akrabbim.

(He turned to Akrabbim.)

Jedi Akrabbim, meet Clive Jerrard.

(Raunkks looked back at Clive to see him smile and extend a hand. Both men shook. Raunkks proceeded to tell Clive what Akrabbim had requested.)

Akrabbim
Mar 28th, 2001, 12:33:58 AM
Akrabbim uses the Force to make himself appear as an average human in civilian clothing as soon as they get into the speeder. He does not want to be connected to this operation in any way before the mission is over. Once he is safely inside the store, he drops his illusion and regards Clive Jerrard.

Mr. Jerrard? I am honored to meet you. I am Akrabbim Melchizan, Jedi Padawan. As your associate has mentioned, I am in need of some equipment. As well, I was wondering if you had a very unusual piece of equipment... a set of Storm Trooper armor and a standard-issue Storm Trooper rifle. As you have seen, I can create illusions. But the best illusions are real. Can you help me?

Clive Jerrard
Mar 29th, 2001, 06:40:29 AM
(Clive rubbed his chin.)

Well, nice to meet ya too, Akrabbim. And, sure, I can get ya the items you mentioned. But I wouldn't have them till two days from now for a regular delivery. I could have it by tomorrow, but it would cost extra.

(He saw Raunkks give him a stern look; a look which meant no sales. Damn reptile and his respect towards Jedi. Clive sighed.)

Well, ya see, the equipment you just asked for is in my home base of opperations on Nar Shadda.

(He gestured towards Raunkks.)

He could take ya there and you could get all the parts you need. Raunkks would see to that.

(He turned to Raunkks.)

Your ship, Emerald Star, had an overhaul yesterday. Should be in tip-top shape and ready to go by now.

Raunkks
Mar 29th, 2001, 06:47:00 AM
(Raunkks grunted and smiled towards Clive, retrieving some items he would need. Once he was finished, he turned to Akrabbim.)

We will use my ship to travel to Nar Shadda to pick up the remainder of the equipment you will require. And, it will cost you nothing.

(He looked at Clive, who merely rolled his eyes and went back to checking inventory.)

Come, Jedi. We shall depart immediately.

(With that, Raunkks began walking out the door.)

Akrabbim
Mar 29th, 2001, 06:16:02 PM
Akrabbim resumes his original illusion, again to avoid any connection with this assignment. As he leaves the store, he turns and speaks to Clive.

I know this will be expensive. The Jedi Order should be willing to compensate your loss.
[i]
Akrabbim exits, following Raunkks.

Akrabbim
Apr 2nd, 2001, 02:21:54 AM
TTT

Raunkks
Apr 3rd, 2001, 04:15:58 AM
(Raunkks heads for his ship, Emerald Star, boarding it and sitting at the pilots seat as the Jedi takes the copilots seat. With deft claws, he launches the ship into space, plotting a course for Nar Shadda, where they will pick up the remaining parts the Jedi will need for his mission. Raunkks is silent during the trip, giving the Jedi respected silence. he will speak if spoken to, otherwise he will remain on course to the task ahead.)

Akrabbim
Apr 3rd, 2001, 04:19:28 AM
Akrabbim, in an effort to break the silence, attempts to make small talk with his pilot.

So, tell me about yourself. Where are you from? Do you have a family? How did you come to work with Clive?

Raunkks
Apr 3rd, 2001, 04:46:44 AM
(Raunkks blinked a few times. He hadn't expected the jedi to ask so many questions, but he respectfully answered them.)

I am from Barab I. All of my family is deceased except for one sibling. She is younger than me and being cared for by my honor family on Barab I.

(He frowned, remembering his past.)

As for how I met C.J...

(He half-grinned, remembering the incident.)

It was in a bar. I had been working as a smuggler. I was only a crew-hand at the time, and still quite young by Barabel standard age. Some of the crew near me at the bar had gotten a bit too drunk and quite routy, and had decided they wanted to pick a fight with a group of Trandoshans nearby in the adjoining table. I had only had one ale and had no intentions of getting into a scuffle with three very large, very drunk, very angery Trandoshans. Well, the crew had other plans, and me being the newbie, they decided to shove me into the table. I was in the middle of that frey before I even knew what had happened. I couldn't just walk away now, so I defended myself. The Trandoshans were furious to say the least and fought like crazed, ferrel banthas.Half the crew that had started this was now either out cold or just plain cold. In the end, I was left standing, quite battered and blodied, but with fight still left in me to defend myself till the end.

(His smile broadened.)

Then C.J. showed up. He had been under a different name at the time. To smugglers and space pirates he was known as Cyclops, feared space pirate on the Corellian Trade Route. He was quite good at what he did and right then, he noticed something he didn't find appealing. He just smiled and pulled out his blaster, killing all three Trandoshans as they began to move towards me again. In essence, he saved my life.

(Raunkks took a breath and continued.)

After that, I made an honor pact with him because he had saved my life. He tried to tell me it wasn't necessary, but I insisted. In the end, he accepted my honor pact, and I became his side kick. We did the pirating for a few more years after that. But then he started to get tired of it and we went into the weapons dealing business, he also taking up information brokering and I taking up computer slicing.

And that is where we stand today, with a booming business on Nar Shadda and one just beginning to boom on Coruscant.

(Raunkks fell silent againm, letting the Jedi sift all the information out in his head.)

Akrabbim
Apr 3rd, 2001, 04:24:19 PM
Akrabbim smiled at the story. It seems that everyone had some interesting memories of getting into trouble.

I've been in a few fights on my homeworld too... shouldn't have been in them either. My homeworld, though, was no paradise. It was a world of darkness, backstabbing, and deceit... I barely made it out alive. My Master, AmazonBabe, found me, and showed me the Jedi. And I am eternally grateful to her. As to our journey... how far is Nar Shadda from here?

Raunkks
Apr 4th, 2001, 02:30:54 AM
(Raunkks looked at the Jedi through his periferal vision and then went back to piloting. At the question, he looked at the chronometer.)

It should be no more than another hour at most. Perhaps the Jedi would like something to eat? It is coming close to the morning meal.

(Raunkks stood and lumbered over the the small kitchenette, pulling out some already cooked meals from the refrigerator unit. He looked back at the Jedi, waiting for his response.)

Akrabbim
Apr 4th, 2001, 04:02:18 AM
That would be excellent my friend. But you have been doing all the work of piloting. Allow me to prepare the food.

With that, Akrabbim moves to where Raunkks is and takes the pre-fab meals from him. He begins heating them, and when they are done, hands one to Raunkks. They sit down and begin to eat their meal.

Raunkks
Apr 6th, 2001, 04:18:34 AM
(Raunkks ate his meal in silence, grateful that the Jedi had offered to help in preparing the meal. No one would have guessed it, but Raunkks was a pretty decent cook. Clive had taught him a few recipes and he'd taken the opportunity to learn even more. But, while in-flight, Raunkks prefered pre-fab food. Fast and easy. Especially when you needed to be quick about things.)

Akrabbim
Apr 6th, 2001, 09:27:38 PM
As they finish their meal, Nar Shadda comes into view.

Well, it looks like we've made it. Where to now?

Raunkks
Apr 8th, 2001, 04:51:10 AM
(Raunkks finished his meal and went back to the cockpit. There he prepared the ship for re-entery into real space. He pulled back on the hyperdrive levers as the counter reached zero, and the streaked lines of hyperspace once again became the tiny pinpoints of stars floating in space. And ahead of them loomed the spaceport moon of Nar Shadda, lazily orbiting Nal Hutta. he addressed the Jedi.)

Now we head for CJ's shop here on Nar Shadda.

(With that, Raunkks angled the ship steeply and headed for the moon, swerving in and out of the struts that held the various parts of the buildings and moon together. He piloted the spacelanes and alley ways expertly, knowing the way by heart. Deeper and deeper they flew into the city. At last, Raunkks re-angled the ship, heading straight for a building with a large holo-board advertising Sapporo beer. He had no doubt the Jedi wasn't nervous, but he knew for sure the Jedi was curious. Not many knew about this. Closer, closer, closer. Finally, the ship made contact with the holo-board and... went straight through.)

(The entrance to Clive's shop was secret and hidden behind the holo-board. They finianced it's upkeep to make sure the entrance remained hidden. Not many knew of the entrance, not even the authorities. Oh, they'd tried looking for it, but to no avail. Yet, as a precautionary, Clive had still installed a huge blastdoor towards the end of the dark tunnel. Raunkks had already announced his coming to the shop via the short wave radio located inside the walls so as ot to be detected outside. The doors were already open by the time he got there and he slowed the ship down for his eventual decent and landing.)

(Shortly after, the ship was now docked in it's place and he and the Jedi were walking out and towards a room with supplies. On the way to the room, he greeted friends and saw them gives curious glances towards the Jedi. raunkks stopped momentarily to talk to the chief engineer, who was also in charge while Raunkks and Clive where away. He introduced the Jedi.)

Jedi Akrabbim, this is Mel Drake, chief engineer. Mel, this is the Jedi, Akrabbim.

(He watched as Mel took the Jedi's hand and shook it warmly.)

Mel: Yeah, Clive sent word you were coming. He took a guess to what you were coming for and had us get it ready and bundled fer ya on your ship, Razor's Edge.

(Mel gestured towards a sleek Corellian ship, fast and agile and heavily armed. Then he gestured towards the ship they had come in.)

Mel: And thanks for not getting a scratch on my lady over there. I'd hate to have to re-paint her.

(Raunkks laughed and clasped the man on the shoulder. He was rough around the edges when it came to business, but when around friends, he was a relaxed and freindly man.)

Thanks, Mel. And thank CJ for me. What I'll be doing will require contact silence from him for awhile.

(Raunkks smiled again as Mel saluted and nodded. With that, he began walking towards his ship.)

Akrabbim
Apr 11th, 2001, 01:00:25 AM
As they board the ship, Akrabbim thanks both men profusely for their help. Walking to the ship, Akrabbim heads immediately towards the equipment. He takes the Stormtrooper uniform and dons it, strapping his sword to his back. He straps the gun to his back, covering the sword. He then cloaks his presense with another illusion, making himself appear as a normal human. He looks to Raunkks.

I believe I am almost ready to depart. Once I have the slicing device, I would appreciate being dropped off at the nearest Imperial garrison. My mission will start there.

Raunkks
Apr 14th, 2001, 05:56:35 AM
(Raunkks bowed his head towards the Jedi.)

It shall be done.

(With that, he set corrdinates into the Razor's Edge to take them to the nearest Imperial garrison, just as the Jedi had requested.)

It will be a few hours before we reach our final destination. I have all the slicing equipment I will require. Once there, you will need to instruct me on what I must do.

(Raunkks fell silent as he concentrated on piloting and checking the inventory of equipment that would be used.)

Akrabbim
Apr 20th, 2001, 04:48:54 AM
Akrabbim nods at the Barabel's words, preparing for the upcoming mission.

All I need for you to do is give me the piece of hardware that I will carry and then make sure you're safe until I need you. Just drop me somewhere out of sight from the garrison. I can take it from there. Again, your help is more than appreciated.

With that, Akrabbim settles back and concentrates on the Force. This will be taxing on him, but he should be ok. Now, to find out why the ships were disappearing...

Raunkks
Apr 22nd, 2001, 06:26:24 AM
(Raunkks watched the instrumentation in the cockpit before looking back at the Jedi. He began to wonder why the Jedi wished to undergo such a mission, and by himself no less. Raunkks corrected himself. The Jedi wasn't really alone, but it just seemed an odd sort of mission for a bringer of peace and justice. Well, Raunkks didn't have all the answers. He was here to obey and assist the Jedi.)

(He looked back at the ship's console, speaking to the Jedi.)

The planet we are headed to is called Lianna. It's inside the Tion Cluster. It has a small Imperial garrison, with a TIE manufacturing plant. Should be a good start to what you are to do in your mission.

(He looked at the navicomps counter to real space.)

And we should be there in less than an hour.

(He stood and headed towards the ships main hold.)

We should make sure all you need is here, packed and ready to go.

(Raunkks began to sort through the various objects, seperating his equipment from that of the Jedi's.)

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2001, 07:58:11 AM
OOC: We don't control a planet called Lianna. If we did, we do not place "small" Imperial garrisons on planets-we completely overrun the planet, then occupty it with as many troops as we can muster, or we leave it alone, and there is only one planet in the empire which produces TIE's.

Raunkks
Apr 23rd, 2001, 02:49:20 AM
OOC: Ok. We are using Lianna to eventually get near the united Imperials. The garrison I mentioned on the planet is an independant garrison that still considers themselves Imperials, even though they don't really associate with the united faction.
And Lianna does indeed produce TIEs: A Guide To The Star Wars Universe, page 332, paragraph 3... Lianna - An industrial world in the heart of the Allied Tion sector (heavy Imperial loyalists, and near Corporate Sector space), home to Santhe/Sienar technologies, the parent company of Sienar Fleet Systems and manufacturer of the Imperial TIE Fighter.

Hope you were taking notes. There'll be a test later on. :)

Darth Viscera
Apr 23rd, 2001, 08:57:50 AM
OOC: Alright. I just thought that you were speaking of a garrison which is under the control of the Empire that DV is the leader of.

Raunkks
May 3rd, 2001, 03:35:02 AM
TTT

Akrabbim
May 3rd, 2001, 05:21:00 PM
Akrabbim thanks the Barabel profusely and gathers his equipment.

Again, just stay out of trouble, and everything will be fine. Take care...

Akrabbim heads for the nearest entrance to the garrison. He makes himself invisible and works his way inside. Once there, he finds a deserted hallway and drops the illusion. He then begins walking through the compound, moving as purposefully as possible. With luck, he can find a transport to a garrison nearer his objective.

Akrabbim
May 30th, 2001, 10:18:25 PM
Akrabbim wanders throughout the facility, making himself familiar with the area. During his search, he sneaks a look at the outgoing ships, and sees one that is leaving soon, heading nearer to his destination. He waits for the right moment, and slips in with the rest of the Stormtroopers, using a little Force Persuasion to fit in. He settles in for the flight, planning his next move.

OOC: I would really appreciate some Imperials jumping in on this one.