PDA

View Full Version : Resurfacing (Open)

Vekaar Vekin
May 19th, 2001, 07:18:36 PM
<font color=silver>(Six months of his life wasted. Six months of his life spent on hell. Or at least he saw it as hell. He had been tortured, spat at, beaten, screamed at. He pitied himself at times. Other times he thanked the Force he was alive.

Vekaar Vekin had spent six months of his life trapped in a Yuuzhan Vong slave camp. At first he had just went there to collect more information on them. Then he had been captured. Vekaar could barely remember the planet. It was...Bimmiel, yes Bimmiel. A weird uninhabited planet. The Broker had a good idea why it was uninhabited. Bimmiel had strange climate patterns. The deserts were filled with slashrats. Slashrats were deadly animals that roamed the sand like fishes on Mon Calamari.

The Yuuzhan Vong were demons. Vekaar had gotten information alright, more then he wanted. They wielded Amphistaffs and Thud Bugs. All kinds of biotic weapons. Vekaar had found out they hated machines. The Yuuzhan Vong saw them as an abomination to the Gods. He also discovered that the term "Vong" said out loud was Blasphemy. They were to be called "Yuuzhan Vong".

Vekaar had also learned about their Gods, their culture, and their way of life. Death was honorable for these creatures. They wanted to purify the Galaxy.

The Broker remembered his plan to escape. He devised a plan with other captives. It almost looked as if he would pull it off. Then Commander Tla, overseeing Yuuzhan Vong operations on Bimmiel found out. Vekaar was to be sacrificed to the Gods at once.

Then a miracle occured. A warmaster by the name of Maz Vamosk recalled Tla to their base of operations in the Infidel Galaxy. Harrar was appointed new commander of operations for the time being. At Vekaar's execution, before he could be thrown into the fiery pit that was made for him, the slaves unexpectedly revolted. All of them attacked. Of course, three quarters of them died, but Vekaar and a few others managed to get away. They made it to Vekaar's ship and miraculously made the jump to hyperspace.)

<font color=white>***

<font color=silver>(Now Vekaar had just resurfaced. He was trying to get in touch with all of his old contacts. Nothing had really changed in the Galaxy. The same old struggle between good and evil, with Vekaar right in the middle.

An Imperial Decree on Jedi had been issued by some old Imperial Moff. Vekaar would never actually try and hunt a Jedi. He knew what they were capable of. Although he would never tell a soul, he admired what the Jedi did. They stood up for peace. If he could use the Force, he would want to help their cause.

His thoughts were interrupted by a large Rodian standing over him.)

<font color=white>"Skeeboo, so nice to see you again."

"And you, Vekaar Vekin. I thought you were dead."

"Not yet Skeeboo. So how has the Galaxy been treating you?"

"Same as always, like scum."

"Nothing really changed huh?"

"Not in the duration of six months Mr. Vekin."

<font color=silver>(Vekaar kicked out a seat for Skeeboo. The Rodian quickly sat down and ordered a drink. They were in a bar on Corellia. It was late at night, so the bar was not very populated.

Vekaar wondered if any of his other contacts had received his transmission.)

OOC: I know I haven't RPed this character for a while, so I'd like to start up again. Please feel free to join.

Garrett Felth
May 19th, 2001, 08:44:42 PM
*Garrett had been sitting in the bar for almost two hours now. he had not moved for the whole time, nor had he ordered adrink. Several drunken patrons had noticed him, and they had thought that his solitude was rather strange, yet they thought nothing of it. Finally, Garrett ordered a drink - a Socorran Raava. As the waiter walked back to the bar, Garrett stood up slowly, and walked across the bar, making his way over to a man sitting down at a table, speaking with a Rodian...*

Vekaar Vekin
May 19th, 2001, 08:59:11 PM
"Hey Vekaar, does this mean you're back in the business?"

"Of course it does Skeeboo."

"That's great! I think I can find you some jobs."

"Well..ok, that's good."

<font color=silver>(Vekaar cocked his head to the side. He had noticed a man sitting near them for quite some time. Vekaar noticed every little detail. He had also noticed the fact that this man was drinking a Socorran Raava.

To Vekaar's surprise, the man was staring right back at him. He raised from his table and walked over to them. Vekaar returned his attention to Skeeboo, trying to act inconspicuous. He didn't want any trouble, not tonight.)

<font color=white>"Skeeboo behind you." Vekaar said under his breath.

"What?" Skeeboo turned back for a moment, examining the man out of the corner of his eye.

"You think he want's trouble?"

"I doubt it Mr. Vekin. He could be drunk."

<font color=silver>Vekaar stood up to face the man who had walked over.

<font color=white>"Would you like to join us, Stranger?"

Garrett Felth
May 19th, 2001, 09:06:38 PM
*Almost as quickly as Vekaar had finished, Garrett answered...*

Garrett Felth: I'd be delighted! Thank you very much Vekin!

*Garrett took a seat opposite Vekaar and the Rodian. He placed the drink on the table before him, and leaned back comfortably in the chair, resting his foot across his knee. He didn't say anything at first, but smiled at Vekaar...*

Vekaar Vekin
May 19th, 2001, 09:41:01 PM
<font color=silver>(Vekaar took his own seat and raised his drink to his mouth. He took a small sip and then set it down. For a second his eyes shifted to Skeeboo and then to the mysterious stranger.)

<font color=white>"Pardon my asking, but how do you know my name? And, who are you?"

<font color=silver>(Skeeboo had the same expression on his face that Vekaar did. Both were befuzzled. Vekaar's hand brushed over his blaster hilt, but there was no blaster there. He remembered how he had lost it on Bimmiel. Vekaar shrugged and rested both hands on the table.)

Garrett Felth
May 20th, 2001, 06:44:17 AM
*Garrett smiled at the question. He took a sip of his Socorran Raava, and sat upright in the chair...*

Garrett Felth: "You don't know me...but I know a lot about you Vekaar. I know about what happened on Bimmiel - I even know about some of your jobs in the past. But I don't want to talk too much about them. I'm interested in what you have to say about the Yuuzhan Vong...*

*Garrett leaned back again, and just looked at Vekaar...*

Vekaar Vekin
May 20th, 2001, 09:07:48 PM
<font color=silver>(Vekaar was beginning to wonder if someone had set up a fanclub for him. It was possible that this man was a New Republic agent, trying to bust Vekaar for something he did in the past. Or was it an Imperial agent?

Vekaar eased up a little bit. Skeeboo was here, so the man wouldn't attempt to take them both on if he did mean harm. The Broker was quite surprised this man wanted to know about the Yuuzhan Vong.)

<font color=white>"Information isn't free. Why do you want to know so much about the Yuuzhan Vong anyway? Bloody demons they are."

Skeeboo Krenin
May 21st, 2001, 09:36:43 AM
Skeeboo stayed silent on his side of the table. He had his left hand on his own blaster, just in case. He didn't think any trouble would occur, but Skeeboo was never too sure about anything.

He studied the man's face half shrouded in darkness. Why did he want to know so much about these Vong characters? Could it be possible he was one himself? Skeeboo just shrugged and waited to see what would happen.

Garrett Felth
May 21st, 2001, 12:02:15 PM
*Garrett paused momentarily when Vekaar asked him that...then he spoke...*

Garrett Felth: "A friend of mine was on Bimmiel about the same time you weer - only he didn't make it back. At least I don't think he did. He hasn't contacted me for a good amount of time and I'm not sure what condition he's in whatsoever. The only other option for me is to go back out to Bimmiel and look for him. And if I'm going to do that then I'm going to need somebody to guide me - somebody who knows the Vong better than your average person. Somebody like.....you!"

Vekaar Vekin
May 21st, 2001, 12:55:45 PM
<font color=silver>(Vekaar stared into space for a moment. At first he thought he hadn't heard the response right. His eyes widened a bit.)

<font color=white>"You want me to go with you to Bimmiel? I don't even know your name or who you are! I ain't goin back to that hell hole for free Mister."

<font color=silver>(Bad memories of Bimmiel popped up into Vekaar's head. Was this man trying to sell him out to the Vong again? He couldn't even trust this guy, but the guy seemed to know a lot about him.

Vekaar took a deep sigh and let his eyes narrow.)

<font color=white>"How do you expect me or Skeeboo for that matter to trust you?"

Garrett Felth
May 22nd, 2001, 04:28:51 PM
*Garrett sighed at the question. It was rather a difficult one to answer under these circumstances.*

Garrett Felth: "Well I guess there is no reason or guarantee fior you to trust me, but you'll just have to trust me won't you! But I assure you - you have nothing to fear from me. I'm a lot like you, in some ways. I despise bounty hunters, and Imperials for that matter. I also share a hatred for the Yuuzhan Vong. They...they...well put it this way - if I hade the opportunity to kill a bounty hunter who was defenseless, or risk my life to kill a Vong...I'd go for the Vong - so you don't have to worry about me turning you over to them, because they'd probably take me too!"

*Garrett calmed down a little, taking in a steady breath and sipping his Socorran raava...*

Skeeboo Krenin
May 22nd, 2001, 09:43:25 PM
(Skeeboo had stayed silent until now. He had something to say. Keeping one hand below the table, near his blaster, he used his other to scratch his head.)

"Well, Mr.? Never caught your name. Wait, you never bothered to tell it."

(Skeeboo had a hint of rudeness in his voice. It was just his disposition. He often talked in a sarcastic tone.)

"I trust anyone if they supply the right amount of equipment and credits. Ain't that right Vekaar?"

(Skeeboo momentarily glanced at the Broker. Vekaar nodded knowingly. The Rodian returned his gaze to the man.)

Garrett Felth
May 25th, 2001, 10:06:32 PM
*Garrett glanced quickly at the Rodian, then back at Vekaar...*

Garrett Felth: "You don't have to worry about equipment. I can get you everything and anything you need. As for payment, a modest sum of credits will be in order once we get to Bimmiel, the same once we find what we're looking for, and triple that when we get off the planet."

Vekaar Vekin
May 25th, 2001, 10:28:08 PM
(Vekaar grinned.)

"You're starting to speak my language. This all sounds fine and dandy."

(Vekaar looked back to Skeeboo and nodded. He took out a comm and pressed a button on the side.)

"Well, whenever you are ready Mr, we can use my Dreadnaught, The Nebula Chaser. But I must know one thing before we go. Who are you?"

(Vekaar quickly finished his drink, eagerly awaiting an answer of some sort. He wiped him mouth and waited in silence.)

Garrett Felth
May 26th, 2001, 07:54:57 AM
*Garrett sipped his drink once again before clicking to the bartender that it was empty, then looked back at Vekaar...*

Garrett Felth: "Oh please, do forgive me. I completely forgot. I am Garrett Felth, once big-time leader ot The Fringe World Alliance, now just a humble businessman trying to secure his assets."

Vekaar Vekin
May 26th, 2001, 08:41:38 AM
(Vekin arched an eye brow. He had heard of Felth before, but didn't know a lot about the man. Could he be trustworthy? Vekaar thought he looked trustworthy. He could usually smell a liar.)

"When do you want to leave Mr. Felth?"

Garrett Felth
May 27th, 2001, 07:55:50 PM
Garrett Felth: "We can leave for Bimmiel in two days. I'll need to stop off on Corellia first, to pick up some supplies and loan of a ship or two. It will take a day to get there from here. Once that is done we can spend the rest of the day there - I'm sure my friends won't mind! Then we can set off for Bimmiel!"

Vekaar Vekin
May 28th, 2001, 09:22:36 PM
"Well that sounds great Mr. Felth. I hope you don't mind if I bring Skeeboo and a professional Slicer along? His other skills may come in handy when we go Yuuzhan Vong hunting."

(Vekaar took out his comlink and pressed in a code. He waited a few moments for the static to clear. Suddenly Vekaar was answered by a calm voice.)

"Hello?"

"Joel, it's Vekaar. I'm sending coordinates through the comm channel now. Please meet me there."

"Yes sir."

(Vekaar sent the coordinates through and turned back to Garrett, taking a puff of his glitterstick. He pitched it aside and stood up off his seat.)

"Lead the way."

Garrett Felth
May 29th, 2001, 08:56:50 AM
*Garrett stood also, gestured to the bartender whilst simultaneously throwing a handful of credits to him. Garrett walked towards the exit, with Vekin and Skeeboo following him. The three made their way to the starport. It was very sophisticated, definetly at least a Stellar-class starport. Garrett led the two around for a whle, searching for an Imperial banking system, since he was running short on cash. After a few minutes, they found one. Unfortunately...*

Garrett Felth: "Oh bugger! I've left my card on my ship! Looks like we're going to be skint for a while then boys!"

*Garretts eyes then met that of Skeeboo. Felth then turned to Vekin...*

Garrett Felth: "Professional Slicer eh?"

Joel Hardy
May 29th, 2001, 04:44:48 PM
::Joel stood behind the man. Vekaar could see him but said nothing. Joel put his arm against the wall and leant on it.::

Professional Slicer eh? questioned Gerrett to Felth.

::Joel raised his eyebrow and adjusted his hat.::

That's right.

::The man, still unknown to Joel turned with a suspicious look on his face.::

Name's Joel. Joel Hardy. If you're looking for a Slicer, oh have you found one. What is it that you need?

::He looked from Garrett to Vekaar and back again waiting for a response.::

Vekaar Vekin
May 29th, 2001, 10:00:50 PM
"Joel, it's good that you came. Mr. Felth, this is Joel Hardy, one of the best slicers out there. We need you to accompany us to Corellia and then Bimmiel. You'll be getting a share from the money we receive of course."

(Vekaar took out another glitterstick and put it in his mouth. He lighted it and began to puff the smoke. The small grey clouds floated out of his mouth.

The Broker leaned forward to whisper in Garrett's ear.)

"He's also an Ex Dark Jedi and Corporate Sector General. This guy's gotten around."

(Vekaar turned to Garrett.)

"Money isn't that much of a problem."

(He motioned for Skeeboo to step forward.)

"He has a lot of credits in his account."

(Skeeboo nodded.)

"So, I guess we can just leave now."

Joel Hardy
May 30th, 2001, 07:28:17 AM
:: He nodded and fiddled with his hat again. He chewed on whatever it was in his mouth and began to speak. ::

What is it, exactly, that you need me for? What will I be doing?

:: He raised his head and looked expectantly at Vekaar. ::

Vekaar Vekin
May 30th, 2001, 09:51:53 PM
"We'll need those dormant Force Powers you possess. We're going to Bimmiel to see if Garrett's friend can be found. The Yuuzhan Vong cannot be sensed through the Force. Better bring a weapon or two. If the Vong are still there you don't wanna be unarmed, these guys are tough customers."

(Vekaar turned back to Garrett and nodded.)

"Ready when you are."

Joel Hardy
May 31st, 2001, 06:37:38 AM
:: Joel smiled and kept quiet. A new callenge. This should be fun...::