PDA

View Full Version : Information Collecting

Vekaar Vekin
Jun 24th, 2001, 12:05:47 AM
"Would you just stop fidgeting? We're almost there!" Vekaar shouted at his bumbling Rodian partner, Skeeboo Krenin.

(Vekaar Vekin, and Informant was aboard his ship the Nebula Chaser. His ship was manned by many of his friends and contacts he had met through adventures in the Outer Rim territories.

The Broker found that the best place to meet new contacts were in bars like the famous one in Mos Eisely. Many a times did Vekaar meet new people, who turned out to be both friends and enemies. Rarely did Vekaar ever have to pull out his blaster these days.)

"Where are we going anyway?" Skeeboo inquired.

"The Darglum System. To be more precise, Umgul." Vekaar noticed the confused look on Skeeboo's face. "You know, the Ugnaughts...small midgets. The blob raceways. I believe you've been there before."

"Oh! Umgul!" Skeeboo nodded, remembering the odd planet.

(Vekaar had left Ord Mantell where he had been staying for a while for Umgul. The Broker had gotten in contact with one of his friends and was set to meet a Bothan that would offer him a good paying job. "The Umgul Resort", Suite 2113 was the meeting place.

From a lower level of the bridge, a young man appeared, quickly climbing up the stairs. He nodded to Skeeboo and turned to Vekaar. The man had a neatly trimmed beard and blue eyes.)

"Vekaar Sir, we are exiting Hyperspace now." The man said.

"Excellent!" Vekaar exclaimed. "Skeeboo, are you coming?"

OOC: If you would like to get involved, please contact me on AIM at: JediFerris.

Skeeboo Krenin
Jun 24th, 2001, 10:25:39 AM
(Skeeboo reached for his blaster and examined it. He placed it back in the holster at his side and hopped off his chair.)

"Wouldn't miss it for the Galaxy, Boss..." Skeeboo replied, sounding non-enthusiastic.

(Vekaar led him to his quarters and opened the drawer beneath. He took out the fake wall and reached inside. The Broker pulled out two stuffed duffel bags. He unzipped one and pulled out a small blaster. He threw it to Skeeboo. The Rodian nodded and slipped it into his boot.

Skeeboo turned around rather then looking at the disgusting stuff that Vekaar had in the second duffel bag. Skeeboo had always wondered why that bag had small holes poked into it.)

"Vekaar, what the heck are those things!" Skeeboo said, trying not to smell the air.

"They're just some special bio-tech devices I picked up on Bimmiel." Vekaar replied, almost in a whisper.

(After a few moments, the broker was ready to go. He put the duffel bags back in their hiding place and walked out, followed by Skeeboo. Skeeboo made sure the door was sealed, and the defenses were online.

Not many knew, except Skeeboo, but Vekaar had a guard droid in his wardrobe.)

"You ready?" Vekaar turned his head slightly to acknowledge Skeeboo.

"Yeah..." Skeeboo meekly replied.

(Skeeboo entered the keycode and watched as the ramp lowered. Before they exited the ship, Vekaar turned back.)

"Paco, make sure everything runs smoothly." The Broker replied.

(With that, the two exited the ship.)

Vekaar Vekin
Jun 24th, 2001, 11:57:38 AM
"Here we are! Umgul City!" Vekaar shouted, as they exited the Docking Bay.

(Ships of all kinds passed overhead. This planet was busy due to it's raceways. Many dignitaries and gamblers traveled here, hoping to make some credits by betting.Umgul itself was made up of rivers and limestone bluffs. Vekaar had guessed the planet would have some sort of mining operation.)

"So where is this Umgul Resort?" Skeeboo asked.

"Dunno, we'll have to ask around." Vekaar replied.

(Vekaar walked up to a passing Ugnaught and bent down. He stopped the Ugnaught and flashed a smile.)

"Sorry to bother you, but could you tell me where the Umgul Resor--" Vekaar was cut off halfway.

(The Ugnaught just shrugged to himself and walked away before Vekaar could finish his question. The Broker stood up and brushed his trenchcoat.)

"Any ideas now? Seems the locals aren't the chatty type." Vekaar sighed.

Skeeboo Krenin
Jun 24th, 2001, 12:15:26 PM
"How about we ask him?"

(Skeeboo pointed to a man in a uniform pacing across the street. He was headed for a small building with weird words printed on the front sign.

The Rodian quickly jogged over and tapped the man on the shoulder. The man turned around and stared at the Rodian, unsurprised to see an alien other then Ugnaught on Umgul.)

"Yes can I help you?" The man asked, giving a bit of attitude.

"Would you know where the Umgul Resort is?" The Rodian said.

"You follow this road, turn right, and walk straight down the street. You'll come to a building at the dead end. That is the Umgul Resort. You can't miss it." The man turned around and walked away.

(Skeeboo walked back to Vekaar, rubbing his temples with his left hand. The Rodian shook his head.)

"Not very nice people on this planet..." Skeeboo said. "Let's get going."

Joel Hardy
Jun 24th, 2001, 02:20:06 PM
::Running the slicer finally caught up with the two who were now looking lost in the middle of a town. He frowned and carried on walking. Vekaar had now noticed him and turned to face him. Now Joel spoke.::

You weren't really going to leave me on that ship, with nothing to do, were you!!??

::His serious expression turned into a slight smile, as he breathed deeply from the run. He put his hand down to his side to check he still had his weapons and they were not back ion the ship. Yes. His sabre was there as was his blaster. Lucky.::

So, where to now?

::Joel looked at Skeboo and then back to Vekaar with a wondorous expression covering his face.::

Vekaar Vekin
Jun 24th, 2001, 02:47:01 PM
"There."

(Vekaar stretched his hand out and pointed to a tall building. It was brightly decorated with flowers and other plants on the outside, but Vekaar thought the building itself could use a good paint job.

He reached into one of his outer pockets and pulled out a pack of glittersticks. Vekaar opened it, using his other hand to retrieve a lighter.)

Blast! Only one more. The Broker thought to himself.

(Vekaar threw the empty pack away and placed the glitterstick at the edge of his lips. He used his lighter and lit it. The Broker began to take slow, soothing puffs.)

"Nice of you to join us Joel. Keep on the lookout for anything suspicious. I don't wanna walk into a trap." Vekaar said, in-between a puff.

(He led Skeeboo and Joel inside the building. The Broker walked over to the front desk, occupied by a service droid.)

"How can I help you gentles?" The droid asked in a familiar robotic voice.

"We're meeting a friend in Suite 2113. Where exactly is that?" Vekaar inquired.

"That would be the second door to your left, upon exiting the turbolift on the seventh floor."

"Thank you." Vekaar replied, turning to the side.

(The Broker paced toward the turbolift and entered, followed by Joel and Skeeboo. He pressed the "7" button and waited.

In a few moments, the door slid open. Vekaar and his companions stepped out of the turbolift and walked past the first door. He stopped at the second and turned back to the two behind him.)

"Now listen, just stay silent and let me do all the talking."

(Vekaar knocked on the door.)

Joel Hardy
Jun 24th, 2001, 02:56:39 PM
::The right part of Joel lip rised as he listened to Vekaar's words. Lowering his hat so no-one could see the most of his face he walked forwards to face the door behind Skeeboo and Vekaar. Slowly the door started to open..::

Kyen Sreesyv
Jun 24th, 2001, 03:08:47 PM
Knock, knock.

Kyen raised his head from the sink and blindly reached for a towel. He got a hold of it and wiped his mane dry. The Bothan was a newly appointed Sector Ranger's Administrator. He had worked in the Bothan spynet before hand so he knew how these Information Brokers worked.

Again the knock came at the door. Kyen waited a few moments before exiting the refresher. He loved to irritate people and make them wait for him. The Bothan treated few with total respect. Everyone else was just a number.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" Kyen walked past a small table and swept a folder off of it. He held it firmly at his side and stood in front of the closed door. "Who is it?"

"The Dark Owl." A voice replied.

"Has he brought company?" Kyen grinned.

"He has. The Dark Owl has traveled far from his nest to be here." The voice came back.

Kyen was convinced. This person and whoever he had with him was obviously aware of the secret code. It is him then. Kyen thought.

The Bothan pressed the button at the side of his door. It slid open. He stared at the figures waiting behind the door. One was a fat man wearing a large trenchcoat. The other was a regular human, using his hat to mask his face. The third was a Rodian.

"Come in. Have a seat!" Kyen exclaimed, watching as all three stepped in. The door slid shut behind them. "I am Kyen Sree'syv. An Adminstrator of the Sector Rangers. I'm sure you've heard of our work throughout the galaxy. Which one of you is Vekaar Vekin?" The Bothan offered all three of them seats.

Vekaar Vekin
Jun 24th, 2001, 04:01:28 PM
(Vekaar took the seat rather hesitantly. This Bothan seemed a little active to say the least. He noticed the ash tray on the far left of the table. Vekaar nudged Skeeboo and beckoned at the ash tray. The Rodian used his lengthy arm and grabbed the tray. He passed it to his friend.

Vekaar noticed how the place was oddly dark. From what he could make out, it was nicely decorated. This Bothan certainly wasn't lacking in the credit department.

He set his glitterstick down on the ash tray and clasped his hands together, formally.)

"Pleasure to meet you Mr. Sree'syv. I am Vekaar Vekin."

(Vekaar got up from his seat and shook hands with the furry Bothan. He sat back down. Kyen paced across the table and took a seat near Vekaar.)

"So what kind of job did you want me to do?" Vekaar asked.

Domini Leveresk
Jun 25th, 2001, 07:39:42 PM
Domini slouched back in his black marble chair. This Vekaar Vekin would surely do well on the mission- unless some other factor got thrown into the mix.

Domini wondered, though, if this ruffian was the man Kyen chose for the mission. Why, it could very well be some more menial job.

No. Kyen wouldn't meet the man in person if it was anything less than the big job.

Kyen Sreesyv
Jun 25th, 2001, 07:59:14 PM
"Vekaar! So nice to make your aquaintance." The Bothan flashed a smile, which looked quite real. He of course knew it was fake.

Kyen opened the folder and slid it across the marble table to where Vekaar was seated. Suddenly his face turned to dead serious. He clasped his hands and eyed the three at the table and then quickly glanced back to Domini, shrouded in shadow.

"I trust the contents of that folder will not be revealed to anyone, save you three. You would not like the consequences." After a few moments, his eyes narrowed to slits.

Then the Bothan cracked a smile. "But I'm sure this job'll be a walk in the park for you. We'll discuss your price after the information is obtained. Right now it stands at 200k."

Kyen Sree'syv flashed a toothy grin at the excitement shown on Vekaar's face. The folder was filled with known information on the Salliche Ag Coporation. Vekaar's mission was to obtain information exceeding their own limited info.

"Now if that is all, I can show you gentlemen to the door." Kyen raised from his chair and walked over to the door. "Good luck Mr. Vekin. I shall see you soon."

Joel Hardy
Jun 26th, 2001, 11:43:54 AM
Joel stood, nodded down and rasied his hat slightly at the two men before leaving the room. Throughout the meeting he had said nothin and kept his eyes relatively well hidden. His hat was raised to reveal two angled eyebrows.

Consequences. I'd like to see those 'consequences'.

He shook his head and carried on walking. Releasing his strong grip on his sabre he took a deep breath in and started to think. Reviewing the conversation in his mind he started to realize certain things he was curious of.

So, what's in the folder?

He looked across to Vekaar before entering the lift shaft and pressing the button to the reception area.