PDA

View Full Version : A Padawan's Meditation (open)

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jul 5th, 2001, 10:48:25 AM
(His eyes closed and his senses extended, Jubei settles into the lotus position, atop of a lazily-sloping grassy hill. Reaching to the ground, the Calanic monk tugs free several blades of grass. Holding them in his hand, he gingerly rolls them between his fingers, before placing his hand in front of his mouth, and blowing the blades of grass into the cool morning air. The blades scatter in a haphazard fashion, until Jubei reaches out with the Force, sensing each strand of green aloft in the air. Gently, he controls the chaos of their journey, and begins to manipulate them, slowly turning and twisting them in the wind. The grass begins to form images...images only Jubei's mind's eye can see before him. His eyes still closed, the padawan guides the grass blades until they barely touch end-to-end, looping in a circular pattern and rotating. Most Force-adepts, he had learned, were far too intent on maximizing their power in the force. Often...the power to destroy. However with Jubei, it was control moreso than intensity that he desired. With enough control, he could triumph over any calamity, and even those who would wish to be his enemy would taste only his compassion. The Will of the Force was an unbroken circle of life, and Jubei would not learn these mystical secrets for anything that would corrupt this.

Breaking the circle would only lead to self-destruction.

In the distance, several songbirds chirped, and took flight from their perches on a whitewood tree. Somebody was approaching.)

Lara May Lee
Jul 5th, 2001, 01:57:41 PM
" ... "

Lara walked towards the priestess. She didn't know if she was there to fight or simply talk. A few strands of pure black hair flew across her pale white face. Her dark eyes kept staring at the Padawan in front. She was here to find answers ... a solution.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jul 5th, 2001, 02:32:37 PM
OOC: O_O Priestess?

Lara May Lee
Jul 5th, 2001, 03:29:08 PM
OOC: Not really. -_-

IC:

" ... Are you a Priest ? I have questions ..."

Lara held her hands together, just like always, staring at the man.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jul 6th, 2001, 12:37:04 AM
(Opening his eyes, Jubei let the grass blades gently flutter to the ground. He looked up at the dark-haired woman.)

I am a learner. Perhaps when I have learned enough, I can call myself a priest. Until then, I can only hope to fill that lofty destiny that comes with such a name.

(Jubei stood, brushing the debris from his robes)

Is there something I might help you with?

Lara May Lee
Jul 6th, 2001, 12:37:12 PM
"I do not know with which side I belong ... The Siths or the Jedis ? It's too hard to choose ... "

Lara looked down. Under her silent exterior was a soul filled with hatred ans anger but also too much kindness. She let out a small sigh.

Jubei SaDherat Vader
Jul 7th, 2001, 12:34:15 AM
It seems that you are caught in a rhetorical statement.

(Jubei steepled his fingers together as he smiled at the woman)

You must know that I cannot tell you whether your destiny belongs to the Jedi or to the Sith. Only your heart knows. You are asking this question not to me, but to yourself. If there is anything I can tell you...it is that you seek Epiphany. That spectacular dawning of realization that will galvanize your soul.

(He calmly placed a hand on her shoulder)

You wish to find out where you stand? Then come with me. I will show you what life is...in all of its beauty and occasional sadness. I have seen crippled men with indominable smiles, and I have seen rich men with depthless melancholy. The things you see....are only deceptions. Happiness is only a condition of the soul...brought about by acts of the spirit.

Myself...the only possessions I own are the clothes on my back. Yet...I am a rich man. It is not money or things that make me rich. Life...makes me wealthier than any leader on Coruscant.

Lara May Lee
Jul 7th, 2001, 02:08:09 PM
"I see ..."

Lara followed the Jedi to wherever he was taking her. Glancing around slightly, playing lightly with a strand of her black hair.

Akrabbim
Jul 8th, 2001, 07:59:50 PM
Akrabbim sees the priest and another woman while out walking. Jubei appears to be in no danger, but he cannot allow the man to be kidnapped again. He stays back, but contacts Jubei through the Force...

*Jubei, is everything alright? Who is that woman?*