PDA

View Full Version : Mission to Vong space

Lord Gue
Jul 22nd, 2001, 04:29:26 PM
Aboard The Hope, Michael sat in the captains chair attempting to decide his next move.Gue: "Jerry, what's the news on Vong movements in the galaxy?"Jerry the comm man: "Current Imperial news statements place them in the vicinity of Morishim."Gue: "Hmmm, thats not far from here.....what are the current odds of surviving contact with the vong upon first approach?"Jerry: "Sorry to say, not very good sir."Gue: "I see, how far are we from Morishim?"Greg the Nav man: "About a day at max hyperspace velocity sir."Gue: "Good, then set course for a patch of space just beyond Morishim but still in Vong space."Greg: "Aye sir, doing so now."Gue: "Good, jump"[i]As the word was given, the mighty ship leaped into hyperspace, right into Vong space....

Warmaster Vong
Jul 22nd, 2001, 09:58:36 PM
The Warmaster dropped his tsaisi on the ground. An amphistaff and the limp body of a dead Yuuzhan Vong warrior lay next to the tsaisi. Blood flowed freely from puncture wounds and abraisions on the Warmasters face, chest, arms, and legs. The Warrior had fought honorably to his death.

The Warmaster slurped his blood in, tasting the pain. Unlike the foolish Infidels, the Yuuzhan Vong accepted pain. Maybe the warring infidels were finally gaining a lust for pain? That could be the only reason they wanted to attack, for enlightenment.

"How are the Probe Ships going along?" The Warmaster spoke into his Villip, letting his blood spill into the mouthpiece.

"Nothing yet, Warmaster."

Lord Gue
Jul 22nd, 2001, 10:01:42 PM
As the mighty SSD emerged from hyperspace its sensors were awash with new types of sensor blips and craft designs. These must be the Vong. Just as quickly as the amazement of these new ships had struck the crew, Michael was already giving ordersGue: "Quickly Greg, hail the nearest ship with all known frequancy's and languages, we need to get the point across that we're non-hostile"Greg: "yes sir"

Warmaster Vong
Jul 22nd, 2001, 10:23:08 PM
The Blood passed over the Warmaster's eyes. He blinked, clearing the blood of his vision. The Villip writhed.

"What is it?" he siad urgently into the villip.Simultaneously, he pulled down the villipscreen that displayed the immediate space around the Heavy Cruiser. Everything looked normal. Could the sensor pods have picked up a cloaked ship?

"Warmaster-- the probes found an infidel warship... Its similar to the Peace Brigade's command ship." He slammed his fist down. Finally, his planet had been cleansed of infidel presence and immediately it was retarnished by more infidels. Big ones.

"For the Praetorite-Vong." he spoke the coded command. Five Hundred Light Coral Skippers grounded on Morishim took off from the precious soil. Reaching space, the half-grand formed in a dagger-spear inbetween two Light Cruisers. The ships lurched foward, the dovin engines propelling the Yuuzhan Vong towards the infidel warship.
---------

"Infidel..." the still bloody Warmaster spoke into the Oggzil, a creature that enabled the Yuuzhan Vong to speak over infidel communications lines.

Lord Gue
Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:08:16 AM
Suddenly Greg raised a hand to the side of his head, as if trying to hear a signal better, Michael immediatly rushed over to his side.Gue: "What is it, what are you hearing?"Greg: "Its the vong sir, their attempting to communicate"Max the tactical officer: "Sir, Ive got multiple vectors rising off the planet sir"Gue: "Are they hostile?"Max: "I believe so sir"Gue: "Oh my, raise shields and power weapons, but DONT target their ships. I dont want them to think were taking hostile actions towards them"

Warmaster Vong
Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:42:17 AM
"Infidel, identify yourself and intentions." The Warmaster ordered.
________

The Light Coral Skippers, cruising along at two-hundred ninety Mega-Lights, quickly broke free of Morishim and into the Infidel's hands. The Light Cruisers chugged along seconds behind.

Yirkam X'nai, Commander of the Half-Grand Batallion, led the spear-dagger formation in his Light Skipper. The Mind Link he wore gave him an superior battle edge over the infidels. He could see almost everything. He could feel almost everything. His reaction times were faster than light. All he had to do was think it, and the Mind Link responded by letting the Coral Skipper handle the work.

Molten rock, plasma, poured out of the Coral Skipper's mouth. Three bursts were let free before the mouth closed. Customary Yuuzhan Vong protocol was to send an initial attack burst of three, before waging the full onslaught. Fifteen hundred more plasma shots followed from the rest of the coral skippers.

Lord Gue
Jul 23rd, 2001, 12:01:45 PM
Max: "sir, there attacking"Gue: "Evasive manuvers! Get me back on the com with them"Greg:"aye sir....your on"Gue: "Attention Vong forces, we are nonhostile, I repeat Nonhostile. We come in peace, with good offerings to you and your ilk"[i]Michael made the move of cutting across his throat as to signal the end of his message. Greg terminated immediatly.Gue: "Quickly, configure as many turrents to fire a tight beam of neutrinos in a single blast and give me the word when that is completed"Max: "Sir, Neutrinos are hostile to all forms of life in such a concentrated lot, the crew could be hurt by exposure."Gue: "Than shield the areas that would be exposed as well, we need a weapon that can hurt these things more than any other conventional weapon. Since these are 'living ships' we will attack them as such, now get to it"Max: "Aye sir"

Warmaster Vong
Jul 23rd, 2001, 09:32:56 PM
"You know the routine." Yikram ordered the half grand. They would attack the Super Star Destroyer the same way they attacked the Dreadnaught Cruiser months earlier. The Light Cruisers would receive the main onslaught of whatever attack the Super Star Destroyer provided, but it would be easily gobbled up by the heavy dovin basals.

The Half-grand flew to the aft of the Super Star Destroyer, behind the bridge-- behind the guns. Large, blue superheated circles filled the aft section of the SSD. A small wash of ION exhaust frazzled sensory systems on the Skippers, but aslong as the Yuuzhan Vong could see the target, the target could be hit.

Plasma pellets began impacting against the SSD's meager Engine Shields. Soon, the plasma began to break through.

Lord Gue
Jul 23rd, 2001, 09:41:28 PM
Gue: "How much longer till the improvements have been made?"The ship rocked with each plasma blast, holding the armbars of his chair was all Michael could do to stay stillMax: "just a min sir"Gue: "you have 5 sec mister"Max: "They're coming online now sir"Gue: "Good, target their lead vessel and open fire with all guns"Max: "Aye sir"[i]Outside the ship all of The Hope's weapons turrents turned, until all of them were pointing towards the ship at the center of the diamond, an invisible turrent of hell pouring from each of their maws...

Warmaster Vong
Jul 24th, 2001, 10:20:49 AM
"Do-ro'ik vong pratte!" five hundred coral skipper pilots shouted in unision as the portside engine turned white and finally, black. The infidel warship began a sudden starboard roll due to the unequal engine output.

"Don't give them a chance." Yikram ordered. The Half Grand evasive rolled and levelled out behind the bridge, where the Shield Generator Domes lay. None of the Infidel batteries were aimed at the attacking warskippers-- Yikram wondered about this. His Mind Link told him that the turrets were aimed at the Lead Light Cruiser.

A sudden output of energy came out from the batteries. Yikram could easily see that the Dovin Basal black holes sucked up the infidel attack. In the distance, the Warmaster's heavy cruiser began heading towards the light cruisers.

Yikram began firing on the shield generator domes.

Lord Gue
Jul 24th, 2001, 03:56:25 PM
Michael cursed himself inwardly, how could he have thought he could have made peace with a species such as the vong. Now he had gotten himself, and his crew, into another predicament. Holding on to his armrest, he sensed something very peculiar about his ship of late...Gue: What is the status of the ion drives?"Max: "Engines 1-2 are down sir, repair crews are on their way. were down to 68% sublight speed sir"Gue: "What about hyperdrive? are we still operational?"Max: "Aye sir"Gue: "Good, power up the drive and try to aim us further into Vong space"Max: "Sir?"Gue: "You heard me, I have a plan. Continue fire on their lead vessel, target their communications area, we need them out of this fight"

Warmaster Vong
Jul 24th, 2001, 04:19:05 PM
A Plume of Fire over the bridge signaled that one of the Shield Generators had been knocked offline. The Half Grand spead back to the Light Cruisers and Heavy cruiser-----------

The infidel warship filled the main view of the Heavy Cruiser. The front, dagger tip of the Super Star Destroy was just waiting to be ripped apart.

"Focus the Attacking Dovins of the Cruisers and skips on the front portion of the dagger." the Warmaster spoke through villip link to his entire command. Combined, the Cruisers had a hundred attacking dovins. Combined, the skippers had two hundred and fifty attacking dovins.

Slowly, they began tugging gently on the dagger hull of the Super Star Destroyer. With each passing second, the intensity of the pull grew. The metal on the SSD's hull began tearing. Air and pressure leaks began.

Lord Gue
Jul 26th, 2001, 01:08:09 PM
Max: "Sir, were experiencing hull breaches on deck 20"Gue: "Seal off the area, is the hyperdrive ready yet?"Jerry: "Yes sir"Gue: "Good, then take us out of here"Jerry: "Aye sir"[i]The giant ship slowly turned, finding an open course with no ships in front of it, it quickly leaped into hyperspace, leaving these vong forces behind, but most likely finding more....

Tsaak Vootuh
Jul 26th, 2001, 02:24:41 PM
OOC: You can't leave. Dovin Basals act as gravity wells, so you're trapped.

Lord Gue
Jul 27th, 2001, 09:16:22 AM
OOC: Oh, right, my bad. Well, if an admin reads this thread just delete these two posts and ill edit my last one....

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jul 27th, 2001, 11:49:16 AM
OOC~ Waits for post to be edited then the deletions shall commence :)