PDA

View Full Version : The Tiers of Bespin (Open to a Jedi)

DarthPoreon
Jun 15th, 2001, 11:44:34 PM
OOC: Open Challenge to a Jedi, Preferably a Jedi Knight or Higher In Rank

The black lightsaber hilt was tossed from hand to hand. In the cramped room aboard a Custom TIE Interceptor, playing toss the hilt was the only thing that could keep someone in the confines of an Interceptor cockpit for days on end with out going crazy. Sure, Force Meditations helped ease the time, but that didn't keep someone occupied for seven days, let alone, someone who could barely control their fear long enough to meditate.

The Jedi Knight Poreon originally sought had vanished on the planet before confrontation. All Poreon remember was he (poreon) had fainted quite a few times on his way to fight the Jedi. When he awoke, the Jedi knight was gone. Poreon set off in his TIE Interceptor all the way across the galaxy. He was making a standard hyperspace course correction, when he felt the presence of another Force User on the nearby planet.

Poreon maxed out the sublight engines on the Custom Interceptor and made his way to a spaceport on the Floating City of Bespin. He got out of his Interceptor through the Ball's hatch. He stretched for five minutes, before setting off on a Jog to loosen up his muscles.

He came back to the landing tier only to find his Custom TIE Interceptor Gone. He turned himself around, black lightsaber hilt in hand, and saw the Jedi walk step through the steaming doorway.

In the time of solitude in his Custom Interceptor, Poreon had lessened his fears of failure to a point at which he wouldn't collapse in fear when a challenge presented itself. Poreon's thumb rested on the release of his lightsaber hilt.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 17th, 2001, 10:41:23 PM
Kat walked through the door calmly, her danger sence prickeling at the back of her mind. Someonein the room was a force user, and that someone didden't have good intentions on their mind. She scaned the room with bother the force and with her eyes, she looked in the direction where she saw Poreon.

"What brings you here?" she asked calmly her hand resting over her lightsaber that hung at her waist.

DarthPoreon
Jun 17th, 2001, 11:47:06 PM
"Your presence brought me here. Originally, it was a routine Hyperspace Course Correction, but the feeling of you here has changed my goal."

Though the Jedi had yet to make a hostile move, the Sith took a step half a foot backwards. His knees buckled. His eyes began to water. And just when he felt like his head was about to explode, it all stopped. He was afraid, afraid of failing his Master in the quest to beat the Jedi. He was afraid of failure in general.

He spoke out defiantly.

"No! I will not live my entire life fearing failure as I do. I am angry at myself. I am angry at the galaxy in general. I hate myself. I need pain to move on. I need something to redirect my concentration on so I do not think of failure!"

He spoke to himself more than the Jedi. He ignited his lightsaber. The black blade shot out of the hilt with a Snap-hiss. With his blade held in his right hand, he rotated his rist 90 degrees. The lowered blade fizzilled. Burnt flesh consumed the air.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!"

A stump of what had been a left hand fell to the ground.

"The Pain gives me power."

Sweating, he rose from the knee he had fallen to. He channeled the pain from his missing hand to his mind, to his body, to his soul. He created more power than he had ever had in his life. His fear was no more. Only pain. And the strive to inflict his pain on the Jedi.

He mobius looped his lightsaber with his right hand. His left arm lay with a heated stump at the end. He began walking foward, ready to attack the Jedi.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 18th, 2001, 01:20:26 AM
Kat steped back in surprise at what the Sith had done, She coulden't believe he would cut off his own hand before attacking. Pain was something she was firmillar with, but she would never cause intentional pain to herself like Poreon had just done. She almost cried fore him but got herself under control as she reflected on this a brief momment before the smell of burnt flesh reached her and she ignighted her lightsaber.

"Are you insane?" she asked. "Wait, don't answer that. I don't want to know."

DarthPoreon
Jun 18th, 2001, 10:58:55 PM
[i]Insane did not describe Poreon. He merely needed a means to redirect his focus from ultimate failure to something he could turn into power. And this power came from pain, immense pain. This immense pain came from the loss of a hand.

But how would a Jedi know this? They didn't know the true meaning of power. For this reason, Poreon did not answer the Jedi's question. Instead, he replied with an attack from his black lightsaber. With his only hand, the right, he swung the saber out like a tennis racket and brought it back across, using Kat as a Tennis ball.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 18th, 2001, 11:58:30 PM
Kat blocked Poreons attack and steped back to strengthen her block before she steped up and front-snap kicked him away from her and steped back into a more defencive stance. This sith was angry . . . angry and in pain . . . and that was a dangerous thing.

DarthPoreon
Jun 19th, 2001, 02:46:45 PM
[i]He took the kick full force; and he stumbled backwards, into the Center of the Bespin Landing Pad. A large cross marked this area and a circle gave borders to the landing area meters away. He was too far away from the Jedi to strike with any of his three limbs. Instead, he threw his lightsaber at the Jedi in a Hail Mary way. The blade spun and with the aid of the Force, it spun towards the Jedi. The two blades clashed, the black blade of poreon falling to the ground and the Jedi's blade creating a splash of sparks.

Poreon had already recalled the saber to his hand with a Force pull. He crouched down and rolled. He reduced the gap between the two to within striking distance. He let loose a roundhouse kick from his left leg. His footing though with his right foot wavered, and it slipped very close to the new hole in the landing pad ground from the saber roll. But Poreon maintained his precarious balance and continued the kick all the way through the Jedi.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 19th, 2001, 03:07:29 PM
Kat used the force from his kick to aid her leap back. She stood up stright and shook her head for a momment beofre she looked back up. She imersed herself into the force and used it's energies to atempt to push him back to regain where she was.

DarthPoreon
Jun 20th, 2001, 12:40:37 PM
Poreon's balance was still off-center from the slight slip. The Force push from the Jedi only made his balance worse. His feet faultered. He fell backwards, and his left foot landed in the hole the lightsaber had caused. But there was no duracrete underneath the platform, only Bespin skies. His foot was stuck. The only way to get it out would be to cut an even larger hole around the foot. With his lightsaber, he made a circular hole. The hole fell out immediately, plummeting into Bespin's gas rich core. Poreon almost slipped some more, but using his left arm he pushed with the Force to right his balance.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 21st, 2001, 01:25:04 AM
"Not good," Kat muttered as the Bespin atmosphere started leaking into the room from the hole Poreon had cut. She worked her way to the farthest point of the room from the gasses and watched him carefully.

DarthPoreon
Jun 24th, 2001, 08:45:02 PM
[i]Finding his balance, the Sith foward rolled away from the hole and the atmosphere seeping out of it. He breathed heavily, the effects from his lost hand were finally breaching through the Force Redirection. But he fought through it, getting mad at himself for yet another weakness. His mind swirled with ugly thoughts, so much that he had to get rid of the Force Energy some how.

His main strongpoint in the Force was hearing. He could hear things through the Force very well. He figured he could use this against people, making them hear things very loud, hurting the ear drums. He concentrated on gaining process of the Jedi's hearing. His mind worked perpendicular to the Jedi's. Pinpointinga main part of the hearing mechanism, the ear drum, Poreon tapped it with the Force. This was enough to send it vibrating millions upon millions of times a second, creating the same affect of a high decible scream.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 24th, 2001, 11:08:47 PM
Kat winced and covered her ears quickly triny to lesten the sound.

DarthPoreon
Jun 25th, 2001, 11:30:27 PM
Poreon kept at this Force Tactic for mere seconds. When he relinquished his tactic, he was exhausted. He was only a Sith Warrior, and his Force stamina was very little, not to mention the lost hand that was breaking through the Force Attention Redirection. And with that pain not affecting the Force much anymore, Poreon's subconcious returned to its thoughts of failure.

He collapsed, his Lightsaber falling out of his hand and deactivating.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 26th, 2001, 08:29:47 AM
Kat took her hands away from her ears as the painfull noise stoped and looked over at her oponent. When she saw him colapse she ran over just out of attacking distance. She didden't know what was going on, but her danger sence was starting to give her a headache. She didden't know if he was just tricking her or needed help just yet.

EDIT: *kicks ezboards*

DarthPoreon
Jun 26th, 2001, 11:39:59 PM
Poreon lay in a limp clump on the ground. He had really collapsed out of fear. He did need help. He needed help in overcoming his unsupressable fear. Maybe another fallen limb would do help in overcoming the fear. But for now, Poreon could due nothing as his fear controlled his helpless, fearful body.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 27th, 2001, 01:12:45 AM
Kat summoned a medic and had Poreon taken to the med center. She was confused among other things, but just beacuse Poreon was a Sith did not mean she woulden't help him. Atleast she had that much honor.

DarthPoreon
Jun 27th, 2001, 09:47:14 PM
When the Sith Came to, he was out of sorts. The room was light, unusually bright. He seemed to be laying on a bed type thing with sheets. Off to his side, was a small coffee table and the control to the HoloNet. In the corner, was a chair, unoccupied currently.

Blankly Poreon shouted out as he realized, "Where is my Lightsaber?!?!"

In through the slide door opposite the bed he lie in, the Jedi walked in.

"You!" Poreon lept out of his bed and struck out with his left hand at the Jedi. And realized there was no hand their. The clean stub of what had been a hand was all that remained. The Stub hit the Jedi in the side of the stomach, but the Jedi did not seem to flinch.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 28th, 2001, 11:44:58 PM
Kat shook her head and pushed Poreon back onto the medical bed he woke up on, "Sit down."

She stood over him mentaly ready, but not physicaly showing, for an attempt to attack her. "You're an intresting Sith. Tell me, what happened that caused you to black out like that?"

DarthPoreon
Jun 29th, 2001, 01:12:33 PM
"My Problems are not your business." He pushed off of his right hand and jumped off of the bed. He extended his left leg in a side kick towards the Jedi.

Katarina Kariena
Jun 30th, 2001, 11:50:36 PM
Kat blocked it quickly and pushed him back down, "I said sit! Your problems may not be any of my bissness, but I'm MAKING them my bissness. I want to know why you cut your hand off just before you attacked me."

DarthPoreon
Jul 1st, 2001, 09:48:32 PM
A twinkle of fire lit up Poreon's blue eyes. He lept up from the bed for a third time. This time, he crashed into the Jedi before she could push him down. He took her to the ground and wrapped his legs around her waist and arced his only hand up to begin punching Kat's face.

Katarina Kariena
Jul 4th, 2001, 02:03:01 AM
Kat brought her arm up to block his punches and turned kneeing Poreon and rolling away from him. She stood up and watched him carefully.

DarthPoreon
Jul 6th, 2001, 09:22:39 PM
He rolled onto the cool med-bay floor. He thought. 'I will not fall apart this time. I will not let my fear overcome me.'

Poreon looked at the Jedi that was whatching him like he was some sort of experiment. Oh how he hated that look. He rememberd it from his past. The scientists aboard his birthplace, a Supper Star Destroyer, had looked at him like that before they were killed. Killed by an infant Poreon.

Like his clouded past, Poreon's eyes lit up and focused upon the enemys eyes. Not knowingly, he used the Force to cross the enemys eyes. While the eyes were crossed, he lept up and began to choke the enemy with the Force. He hated the Scientists that had him on the SSD. He hated this Jedi who reminded him of his past.

Katarina Kariena
Jul 7th, 2001, 01:19:55 AM
Kat winced slightly but otherwise showed no reaction to him rying to choke her with the force. Instead she used the force itself to try and keep her air passages open so she woulden't faint and die. She watched him carefully, her expression softening as she felt his emotions. She kept breathing with the force to aid her, but she would wait to see what he would try to do before she would react.

DarthPoreon
Jul 8th, 2001, 10:28:17 PM
He felt resistance, but not the same resistance that the scientists had tried. He tried to reach out harder with the Force, but the Jedi's defenses were strong.

The Jedi

Poreon blacked out, releasing his grip with the force has his Fear overcame him. Five seconds later, he was regaining consciousness.

Katarina Kariena
Jul 8th, 2001, 10:53:16 PM
Kat sighed and watched him as he came back to life. She wasn't sure how to react to him. He was either concious or he wasn't. And when he went unconcious it was from his fear. She could feel it and she didden't understand it. She wasn't about to attack him when he was in this state either. She kept her presence hidden in the force while she waited.

DarthPoreon
Jul 9th, 2001, 10:57:35 PM
He popped back up from his black out. He rose to both feet and grabbed with the force onto the bed mattress in the medbay. He ripped it off of its posts with raw rage. The feather mattress flew threw the air with ease, feathers falling from it and floating down to the ground. But there was still a great amount of feathers in the bed by the time it reached the Jedi.

Katarina Kariena
Jul 10th, 2001, 12:33:28 AM
Kat activated her lightsaber and sliced the mattress in half before it got to her and she watched the two pieces fall to the sides of her. She summoned the force around her and sent a blast at Poreon knocking him agianst the wall.

DarthPoreon
Jul 10th, 2001, 09:32:45 PM
He crashed into the duracrete wall with amazing momentum. Immediately, the shabby duracrete began splintering. It cracked a second later, Poreon falling to the ground while the foundations behind the wall became present.

Poreon got up quickly from the ground and dived into the 'between' wall. The Jedi followed the Sith into the twisting maze of wood, duracrete and spiderwebs.

Katarina Kariena
Jul 12th, 2001, 11:26:08 AM
"Grrrr," Kat muttered as she followed him through the structer, If the place fell down it would kill them both. She counght up with Poreon, but she coulden'tdo much more than run a few meters behind him.

DarthPoreon
Jul 15th, 2001, 11:34:05 PM
Poren wished he had his lightsaber with him. Not only would it illuminate the dark 'tween walls, it would help cut away at the obstructions that blocked his path. The infastructure of Bespin's walls was constructed out of transparisteel and wood. There were four support beams, two transparisteel and two woo. They crossed every eight or so feet in a diamond formation, providing support at all possible angles. These were easy to duck and run through, but every fifth support structure was an "X" made up of one transparisteel and one wood support beam.

The X support structers were hard to manuever arround, considering the only options were squeeze under, squeeze left, or squeeze right.

"Errr..." Poreon let out a scream that echoed through the almost never ending tunnel. He whacked his head on one of the "X" Structures. There was a lapse, a long lapse, between this "X" and the next diamond support structure. Halfway through tihs section, the uneven floor gave way. Poreon's right leg fell through, splattering duracrete on the casion patrons below playing Saabac.

Katarina Kariena
Jul 16th, 2001, 12:35:06 AM
Kat ran through the tunnel and was thin and agile enough that she could squeze through the X suports easily enough. She cought up with Poreon but kept out of physical attack range. She kept herself hidden in the force and watched him, after a momment she spoke, "Are you done yet? You've surprised me quite a bit today, Sith."

DarthPoreon
Jul 18th, 2001, 04:48:10 PM
Trying to push himself out of the whole his lower torso occupied, Poreon finally felt that the end was near. It would either be at hand of the Naive Jedi or at the hand of his Master.

*Failure* Poreon had failed... The Jedi could control Poreon at every whim. The Master would surely kill Poreon for failing to best a Jedi.

Poreon's left arm was numb, most likely from Med-Bay pain killers. After the Jedi or his Master was through with him, all the Pain Killers in the Galaxy wouldn't be enough to soothe his pain...

He did not answer the Jedi.

Katarina Kariena
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:16:16 AM
Kat sighed, he still didden't answer her, there was nothing she could do about that. She watched him carefully not knowing weither to help him or not. If she did he would proably try to kill her agian. She wondered why he kept on running. It was strange behavior for Sith to run. Most of them fought till the point of no return . . . and then some.

DarthPoreon
Jul 21st, 2001, 03:09:27 PM
This Jedi, she does not attack; she must be weak, fearful. Poreon thought. But she does attack. She prolongs my inevitable failure. She slowly attacks me from the inside. Why does she tease me like this?

Poreon looked about. He could easily lose himself in the Bespin crowd below. Their initial suprise at the Sith half-falling through the roof had been driven away by the disease of gambling. If he stayed up in the walls, the cat and mouse game would just continue.

Poreon filtered his anger into the wall. With a Snap-bang the wall exploded into millions of pieces. Debris from the wall falling, Poreon slipped himself into the falling objects too. He landed squatting on the middle of a Saabac table. The Dummy of Jokers card lay face up, staring at Poreon.

Katarina Kariena
Jul 22nd, 2001, 12:46:19 AM
Kat covered her face with her arms so the flying pieces of would woulden't hit her face and looked down at Poreon in the room below.

What is up with this Sith? she thought. He has had plenty of opertunity to attack, yet he dosen't. It's almost like he's afraid of his fear. Or atleast afraid of me. Yet that makes no sence.

Kat's mind went around in circles with this as she waited for the dust to settle before she jumped down and summersaulted onto the floor. She came stright back up into a standing posision. Her eyes watching Poreon carefully, trying to understand what was going on.

DarthPoreon
Jul 22nd, 2001, 10:48:32 PM
Those eyes... They stared at Poreon, mocking him. The Dummy of Jokers-- a Sabbac card that could mean loss for you entire hand-- taunted Poreon, making fun of his fears. The thoughts revolving around Poreon's mind were a mess now. The Dummy of Jokers kept popping up with an evil laugh. You can't do it! It shouted.

Anger now filled his mind. Poreon's left arm tingled near the stub of a hand. There was a loud snap-crack. The Sabbac table crumpled as a Dark Energy Ball of pure hatred collided. Shocked at what he had done, Poreon lept off of the Sabbac table before it fell. He pointed his arm at the Jedi, and another Dark Energy Ball sped out of his stub for a hand.

Katarina Kariena
Jul 23rd, 2001, 09:54:05 AM
Kat leaped to the side in slight surprise. She wasn't sure how to react but she went for cover fast. If he was throwing balls of energy at her there was no way she would last long in the open.

Thinking for a momment she gathered the force around her sending a blast of her own calm pacient energy at him.

DarthPoreon
Jul 24th, 2001, 10:33:03 AM
Still amazed at what he had done, Poreon did not see or feel the Light Side Energy ball zooming towards him. It slammed into his chest full force. His feet lifted from the floor as his body flew backwards into another Sabbac table. He fell limp to the ground.

If death felt like this... well, it was not all that bad. There was no pain. No fear. No hate. No despair. Everything was at a sort of peace. thoughts filled Poreon's unconscious mind. Am I dead? Poreon could see nothing but an endless tunnel of black. There was no white light at the end. Death was not all it was worked up to be.

Katarina Kariena
Jul 25th, 2001, 10:51:56 PM
Kat sighed and pulled out her comlink paging the medics agian. This was becoming an interesting fight. Still . . . she wished she knew what the sith was thinking. Things diden't make a whole lot of sence the way they were.

DarthPoreon
Jul 28th, 2001, 09:04:58 PM
Am I dead? Atleast I died after I attacked the Jedi... Did I really send the dark energy bolt? How did I manage that? How long have I been in this stasis? Unanswered questions filled Poreon's mind. He lay, uncouncious on a medical bed in a room similar to the one he rested in earlier. Atleast my Master won't be able to hurt me, now that I have truely failed him. Eternal Failure will consume me forever in this afterlife.

He stirred on his bed, rolling onto his stomach. Odd... I am still able to use the Force: I can't hear the Jedi. Maybe she has left my afterlife body to let me rest in peace?

Katarina Kariena
Jul 29th, 2001, 08:29:30 PM
Kat stood on the other side of the room watching the sith. Why was he hurting himself just to attack her? It didden't make sence. Nothing made sence. She sighed and watched him carefully untill he woke up.

DarthPoreon
Jul 31st, 2001, 04:35:17 PM
There was a tingling in Poreon's left arm again near the stump for a hand. Won't my nerves ever stop thinking there is a hand there? It's not there! Poreon woke up from his deep uncouncious to a brightly lit room. His bedsheets were tossled from violent spasms during his almost-dead stint. He threw them on the floor as he set his bare feet down on the marble floor. The cotton hospital shirt had replaced his flightsuit. Poreon ripped it off of his body. Naked, Poreon grabbed his flightsuit that lay draped across a chair. He put it on, zipping the back up to the neck.

I still don't hear the Jedi... Guess it's Time to get my fighter modified. Poreon slid his right hand across the door reader. With an expulsion of steam, the door slid open. Accepting his failure for the time being, he walked out into Cloud City's spaceport area hallways.

Katarina Kariena
Aug 1st, 2001, 01:01:41 AM
Kat shook her head as the Sith watched out. Atleast he wasn't attacking her anymore. That was progress. pushing herself away from the wall she walked away from the med center and away from the direction the Sith was going.