PDA

View Full Version : Delivery!!!

A Nameless New Republic Tech
Jul 31st, 2001, 10:39:25 PM
:: A highly nervous young man stumbles to a place where he was told to be at a certain time and a certain place::

"Hello? Is there a Morgan Evanar here? Hello?"

Morgan Evanar
Jul 31st, 2001, 10:46:12 PM
"No. I'm not here. Get on with it."

I had better get paid. I hate waiting for money. Morgan crossed his arms, and leaned back in his chair a bit.

Jul 31st, 2001, 10:47:44 PM
Fear dripping liek sweat off his body, the young man slided over and handed the Sith a package, a rather large envelope

"Sign.... sign here please sir?"

Morgan Evanar
Jul 31st, 2001, 10:50:01 PM
Morgan scribbled quickly.

"Piss off." His mood was quickly turning for the worse. Something was wrong with this whole bloody thing.

After examining the envelope thouroughly, he uncermoniously shredded it open.

Jul 31st, 2001, 10:54:40 PM
"Piss off.. yes sir!""

The Tech ran for his life.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 31st, 2001, 10:58:31 PM
"Turn around." Bold text, 36 point.

Slowly, he rose from his seat and turned a neat one-hundred eighty degrees on his heel.

And held his breath.

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:01:36 PM
From behind the corner, stepped a medium height, seemingly solid built humanoid, completely coevered by a cloak that hid his face. His hands were banadaged, the rest of his arms covered with the same material as the cloak. A deep, but quiet voice spke from within the hood.

"Hello Morgan. I have been waiting long to meet you. And so I have at last"

Morgan Evanar
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:06:53 PM
This was not the way things were ideally supposed to be going. But how often did they go just peachy wonderful smooth? Not very.

It was one of those not very times. It was an unexpected twist. When one wants money, one does not look for unexpected twists.

"Hello. What do you want?" It came out rather flatly.

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:13:10 PM
"What do I want? I wanted to meet you. i heard much of you, from someone who respected you. I wished to see who this Morgan Evanar is, who was maked to be a Jedi Master eventually"

He puased, bring one hand into the folds of his cloak, then bringing forth the hand, this time. with credit chits in it

"Were you expecting something like this?"

Morgan Evanar
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:16:22 PM
"Wonderful." Flat toned, again. Jedi. They can screw themsevles.

"I was, but thats not your purpose here. Out with it."

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:20:48 PM
There came a dry laugh

"Screw myself. Amusing. I suppose you greet all unwelcome peole like that"

another laugh

"I'm here for one reason. You"

Morgan Evanar
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:23:47 PM
Morgan tilted back in his chair again, and put his hands behind his head, and cracked his knuckles.

"Thats nice. Look, I have other things I could be doing. So if you would..."

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:30:04 PM
"LIKE WHAT?"

The change in tone was startling, as was the sheer power of the voice.

"What would there be more important than to speak to a friend, or have you forgotten where you came from, before you fell into the contempt that is the Dark Side? Have you turned your back on everyone now?

Or have you been so blinded, you dont see who I am?"

Morgan Evanar
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:35:25 PM
The only thing that changed at all was a blink. Damn that was loud.

He looked again, but wasn't exactly stunned.

"So, which clone are you?"

Morgan Evanar
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:44:39 PM
Morgan grunted. Maybe it would have really made a difference then, before the new Jedi group was about to fall to pieces.

It was likely too late now. And did he want redemption? Not really. He had stopped caring.

"Good luck with everything. Maybe if you stick around next time, you can do somone else some good. You've missed your window here."

He stood, and started for the door.

The Shadow Jedi
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:47:47 PM
He placed the hood on his head once again

"And who are you blaming now for what happened in the past? Are you still running from what you believe was your fault?"

Morgan Evanar
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:54:11 PM
"My fault? MY FAULT." Suddenly quiet, "No. It was not my fault. My cousin found it more fitting to be meditating on some forsaken rock than help run things. I didn't feel stellar when it all went to pieces, of course."

"And what of the other Jedi? I was not going back to that lost organization, who seemed to think it best to sit around in a mess hall and shoot paintballs at each other than do anything slightly constructive. No one had the decency to set any standard, and anything I put forward was ignored. Some option that would have been."

The Shadow Jedi
Aug 1st, 2001, 12:03:14 AM
"True that might be... but do you think turning to the Dark Side was a solution? I say that was making the problem worse. Running from something wrong isnt going to work.

If you dont stand for what you truly believe in - no matter what happens to you or around you - then you never believed in the first place.

You speak of redeption - redemption for what? Redemption for betraying yourself? Redemption for now living a lie?

The Jedi dont need you. I dont need you. I dont care what you are in the end. You however need to be true to yourself. Can you look me in the face and honestly say, with every bit of your being that you wanted to be Dark Jedi? Isn't there something in you screaming how wrong this is?

Is this the solution you really wanted?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 1st, 2001, 12:12:42 AM
"Thats the label I've been given. To be honest, since TSO disposed of that useless snotrag Dagger, not much has happend." Morgan paused, collecting his thoughts.

"You know what the irony of it is? A woman plunged far deeper into the dark side than I will ever be has taken the time to look out for me. No one ever really did that before. I'm not lonely there like I was with the Jedi. The solution I really want doesn't exist."

The Shadow Jedi
Aug 1st, 2001, 12:26:23 AM
That was interesting. And much illuminating.

And he knew what Morgan spoke of.

"The solution you want... does not exist and will not exist. You discovered something that the Jedi rarely speak of... it's a lonely and difficult path. EVen I decided that it was not for me for years. I even hated everything to do with it. I even murdered a Jedi Master to stop it ever touching me. But..... "

He paused, thinking

"I cant deny who I am and what I stand for. So tell me, are you certain no Jedi ever looked out for you? Was there ever one who would have died for you if you had needed it? Is there no Jedi who even nows watches you and cares for you?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 1st, 2001, 12:36:18 AM
"I'm not stupid. I'm sure there was. But its not the same kind of thing we are speaking about, and I think you know that. I have the simpliest thing that a man wants. I have a woman who cares about me. I didn't have that in any way... ever."

The Shadow Jedi
Aug 1st, 2001, 12:48:05 AM
He once heard it called the Anakin Trap. This was worse than he was lead to believe.

"So you became a Dark Jedi because of this need you had. In some ways I can understand that. But in other ways... is that what your really looking for? no, on second thoughts, do not answer. Instead, walk with me. I'll tell you something I have never said to anyone else. Would you?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 1st, 2001, 12:59:06 AM
"Don't start labeling me. I didn't 'become' anything. I'm me, only irritable and fed up."

He finished that bit, and followed the shady figure to wherever he decided to go.

The Shadow Jedi
Aug 1st, 2001, 01:15:03 AM
"You are labelled by what you do, Morgan. Even if you dont seek the notation, you get it by your actions."

His voice got a spark of anger

"And yes, it annoys me too at times. But on others, it serves a purpose. Did you ever witness how Sith would run in fear from the name of Darth Turbogeek when he was alive? Nothing but a label, but an effective one.

But.... that I was not going to speak on that. I was going to tell you something else. Did Darth Turbogeek ever say why he became a Jedi?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 1st, 2001, 01:20:41 AM
"Not in my presence, no."

The Shadow Jedi
Aug 1st, 2001, 01:40:00 AM
"In no one's presence, becuase he didn't know why. Fact is, I wonder what eactly he knew at all. Isn't that amusing?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 1st, 2001, 01:49:21 AM
"Har. Amusing." Gushing with sarcasm.

"I'm asuming you know then?" Morgan kicked an empty can in the street against a building, which then richocheted of the wall, and into a trashcan about ten meters away.

The Shadow Jedi
Aug 1st, 2001, 01:55:12 AM
He shrugged.

"Turbogeek was programmed that way. That much I've found out so far, but how well it was done, I dont know. What would you think about this second version? Have you met him?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 1st, 2001, 02:00:18 AM
"His second version was barely alive when I first saw him. A veritable sack of grain. This new one is pretty niave, but if you just got out of a Spaarti cylinder with an barely intact memory, you would be too. The potential for lots of different things is there, but then, I've only seen him in passing."

Morgan shrugged, and his feet seemed to regret such a quick disposal of the can, as if walking wasn't enough of a task.

The Shadow Jedi
Aug 1st, 2001, 02:11:10 AM
"Barely intact... memory?"

This was news.

"Well.... if that's correct, then there's hope he wont be a fuckup as well, clones make bad Jedi in the end.

So tell me, why did you become a Jedi originally?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 1st, 2001, 02:32:17 AM
"I never really know why I do anything anymore. Frell. I can't recall." He took out a clip, and slipped one of the slugs from it, and began to bobble it with his feet.

"I'm sure there was a very good reason at the time."