PDA

View Full Version : "A pleasant cruise..." (open rp for those who wish

Nikhayla DeLanCree
Aug 8th, 2001, 07:48:14 PM
<blockquote>
"The Moonlight Shadow" luxury cruise liner made its voyage through the galaxy at a leisurely pace. Captain Derek Carbel, a tall, charasmatic, middle-aged man was just finishing his talk with the small crew in private about reports of recent outbreaks of increased pirate activity.

Drackor Lightsinner
Aug 8th, 2001, 11:27:44 PM
As he cannonballed one last time into the pool and came up he saw his sister standing in the doorway watching him.

He than began to watch his sister and he than knew something was wrong. Drackor gets out of the pool and dries himself with a towel at the other side of the pool, opposite of where his sister is standing.

What is wrong did the hyperdrive system fail? Or did dad choke on water again... That man I can't understand how he does that. It is a wonder of the world.

God forbid something fun happens like space pirates. Or we board a Jedi ship or something fun. These things are always so lame.

Ace Roscoe
Aug 9th, 2001, 04:24:44 AM
It was a time of hunt and loneliness. Only a couple of years ago, Ace had left his home on Bilbringi questing for a niche of his own. He had "acquired" one of the family's shuttles, a PLY3000 custom built luxury ship, which hardly made him more popular back home, but after what had happened back there,

Ace didn't care anymore. He quickly found that carving out an existence for himself among all the riff-raff of the galaxy, aliens, smugglers, mercenaries, scum all the like, was demanding. But the shuttle had paid off well, through quite a bit of forged documents and old time contacts and friends in Bilbringi, had made it possible for him to get equipment to survive, and a more fitting ship, the customized Sentinel-class military shuttle Avalanche.

It was all highly illegal of course, but he didn't care, and who would be stupid enough to question his credentials? He had already taken on a few contracts and succeeded well, but the life of a bounty hunter was risky at best. Even worse, he wasn't famous enough to get many deals yet. Presently, Ace was without work. He had money to spare, but he really needed a break now. Where to find it..

Ace adjusted his Krail 311 armoured suit. Any of these days, his life would depend on it, and it had quickly become second nature for him to check it every now and then. Blaster check. MM9 check. CQ-3.9X check. CryonCorp scanner check. Imager check. PDA check. Chrono check. Everything was in perfect order, as usual.

Ace sighed. It was getting extremely tedious, and fast. He looked over at the pilot of the shuttle for a moment. At least he knew the man, so he could be trusted to a certain limit, he had his honour code.. as did Ace.

I've heard rumours of pirates in this sector. I wonder if I should go looking for any, they must be worth a few credits. I 'd rather wrestle unarmed with a rancor then spend another day polishing up my gear.

Nikhayla DeLanCree
Aug 9th, 2001, 01:45:08 PM
Nikhayla watched her brother for a while, smiling now and then at the fact that he still gets to have all the fun. They looked nothing alike; Drackor had been adopted by her parents when he was just an infant. Nikhayla remembers the day her parent's brought him home; she wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of having a baby brother. In fact, she was so opposed to the idea that she tried to toss him out with the trash, but got caught by her father.

Ace Roscoe
Aug 9th, 2001, 05:48:50 PM
Ace looked at the monitor at the co-pilot seat. Often, he preferred to pilot the ship himself, but this place was just too boring.

Naboo, hmm, the battle of Naboo marked the end of the Old Republic. Other then that, totally uninteresting system. No job available there either. I should change course, but to where? The whole sector is as unassuming as they get. Ah, blast.

Ace stood up and started to pace around in the cockpit, far from pleased. He never used straps unless they where about to enter or debark from hyperspace. The pilot, another young man in civilian clothes, unlike Ace in his white battle armour, looked back at him nervously.

“Sorry, Nylar. I just get impatient with this, just spacing around, accomplishing nothing.” Ace’s voice sounded electronic through the armours internal speakers, much like an Imperial Stormtrooper.

“Just you wait, we’ll catch big soon enough. And then maybe you could afford me the raise I have deserved for so long.” Nylar smiled at his own comment. He was always the cheerful one of the two.

“Suddenly I don’t feel such an urge to strike big anymore.”, Ace replied. “I would be perfectly happy if just something happened on this trip. Running a mail service isn’t my line of work.”

It sure wasn’t. Back on Echnos, some guy had paid handsomely enough – 10,000 standard credits – to just run a parcel with unknown content to some guy at Naboo, and to avoid custom inpectors as well as “other” interest, which probably meant local crime syndicates.

Ace didn’t care what was in the parcel or what he would run into, but he did care about his ship. Although the man had told him to not open or investigate the parcel, Ace wasn’t about to deliver something that could just as well be a demolition device without scanning it to and through. The content turned out harmless enough though, at least as Ace concerned. Apparently it was a device along with schematics and plans for it. The device was interesting enough, but Ace just copied the plans for himself. He knew quite a bit about ship designs from regularly visiting Bilbringis shipyards during his childhood, and that device was obviously a new type of power capacitor intended for a starfighter of sorts. It might well be a useful addition to his ship in time.

Maybe I shouldn’t bother so much. It could be a lot worse, like running passengers away from the law. Now that would be a drag if any.

Drackor Lightsinner
Aug 10th, 2001, 08:06:30 AM
*Drackor ran down the hallway into the stateroom still in his bathing suit and towel. The boy looked at his father and than shouted.*

I AM READY!

His father grinned.

"Not in that."

*Without opposing Drackor left to his room and got changed.*