PDA

View Full Version : challenge (hobgoblin)

tempistopps
Jul 12th, 2001, 06:46:25 PM
::tempist stood in the feild, awaiting his opponent's arival. he rested his hand on the hilt of his unique broadsword... one of the few crafted well enough to withstand the energy of a lightsaber. he knew he was probably going to lose against hobgoblin because of his lack of force training, but he wasnt going to go quietly::
"................."

Force Master Hunter
Jul 13th, 2001, 12:58:20 AM
OOC : Just a quick one, you need to reduce your sig and personal pic size to under 30K. Board policy.

If you need help doing it, give people a hoy. We'll be glad to help out.

tempistopps
Jul 13th, 2001, 01:08:44 PM
ooc: no thanks, ill just drop it all together. ill just be more descriptive in my innital posts

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 14th, 2001, 12:49:14 AM
(ooc) Sorry I couldn't get to this right away.

(ic)
Hob approached from the edge of the field, walking out to the middle of it where Tempist stood. His eyes were focussed on the young Sith.

Today, he would teach this Sith, and Sith in general, a valuable lesson.

Hob lifted his scarred right hand and gestured, sending a powerful telekinetic shove against Tempist's chest.

tempistopps
Jul 14th, 2001, 01:43:43 AM
ooc: no problem. btw, tempist is 294 years old

ic:
::tempist leaned back on his tail to avoid falling over from the push. he looked at the dark jedi and gave him a small grin. although tempist was no where near as skilled with the force as hob, he was far more powerful phisicly.... and eventualy hobgoblin's mind would tire.... tempist simply drew his saber and waited for his opponent to make the first real attack::

"c'mon, do you want a shoving match or a real fight?"

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 14th, 2001, 11:36:06 AM
(ooc) You have a tail? Gah- wish I'd known that earlier. And Hob is actually 200+ years old, although I never gave him a specific age so I wouldn't know comparatively how young or old Tempist is to him. I simply meant that Tempist was young in his experience with the Force.

(ic)
Hob grins. ~ A shoving match is much more interesting.~

Suddenly, an unseen hand grabs Tempist's tail and lifts him into the air. The hand swings Tempist around in a large circle and then lets go so that Tempist careens towards the ground.

tempistopps
Jul 15th, 2001, 01:12:25 AM
ooc: hes a giant lizard man-ish thing lol. i still dunno what

ic:
::as tempist plumets twords the ground, he puts his hands out and lands in a roll. after moving a few feet tempist gets to his feet. he looks back up at hobgoblin, and makes an attempt at a force push. it was not nearly as strong as hob's had been, but it gave enough of a distraction for tempist to get closer and take a slash with one of his claws at the dark jedi's chest::

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 15th, 2001, 04:18:54 PM
Hob, being small and easier to move than the larger Tempist, tumbled backwards into a simian backflip. But the recover was costly; as soon as Hob was ready again, Tempist was upon him and slashing at his chest.

The slash connected, scoring lines that welled with blood. Even Hob's tough skin could be cut, apparently. That was fine. Hob was now right next to the beast, a perfect position.

The dwarf dove beneath Tempist's legs, evading his enemy's swishing tail long enough to hammer a punch into the back of Tempist's right knee with one of his fists.

tempistopps
Jul 15th, 2001, 04:36:27 PM
ooc: nice
ic:
::tempist glanced down over his sholder at hob. "not wise to knock out the roof from over you" he thought to himself. he let his other leg out from under him and fell on hob, landing mostly on his tail. this acted as a cussion for him and almost like a spring for him to push off of. he propeled himself off of hob with the strenth in his tail and hobeled over a fw feet, regaining control of his leg::
"never under estimate the power of the tail"

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 15th, 2001, 05:38:21 PM
(ooc) Thank you. I like your response.

(ic)
Tempist was a big fellow, no doubt about that, and had a lot of weight behind him when fell. Fortunately, Hob had been reserving his Force powers to make a defensive cushion around himself. No bones were broken, but Hob did end up with bruises, as well as his face smushed into the dirt and the wind knocked out of him.

The dwarf got up and worked his arms and legs to get his breath back, keeping a watchful eye on his opponent.

tempistopps
Jul 15th, 2001, 05:53:34 PM
ooc: thanks, i just hope that i dont lose too badly. in the end it usaily comes down to force ability in fights from what ive seen. thats one of the things i lack for now
ic:
::he looked onward at the dwarf, a slight grin on his face. he slowly started to walk twards him, the pain in his leg subsiding. his eyes began to glow an eerie shade of green-ish blue as he walked closer. at a distance of about 10 feet away, tempist used the powerful muscles in his legs to jump over hob and land behind him. he then drew his saber and walked closer to the dark jedi::

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 15th, 2001, 06:14:30 PM
(ooc) That's close, but generally it comes down to who can combine fighting skills and Force moves in the most effective way. Don't ever go into a fight thinking you're going to lose- go in thinking you're going to draw at the very least.

(ic)
Hob grinned a grin full of teeth. He pulled the Force around his hand and created another Force push, but this one was very controlled. It's intent was to knock Tempist's right foot out from under him and cause him to fall on his right knee again.

tempistopps
Jul 15th, 2001, 07:01:47 PM
ooc: if it was someone else new then i'd expect to win or draw. as you reminded me in the old thread, youve been here for a while and have alot of force skill. i have very minor force skill, but emense fighting ability because of his size.
ic:
::he felt his leg give way, and tempist started to fall. he switched which hand had the saber and put his other one out so that when he fell he did a semi cart-wheel. he landed on his left knee, clutching his right one with his right hand. with his left he held his saber. he slowly rose, and lurched forward, now nearly limping. the glow in his eyes had gotten brighter as the anger and pain was building. soon it would be released. he then ran at hob as best he could, untill he was close enough to take a slash with his saber, aimed at hob's right arm going inward twords his torso::

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 15th, 2001, 07:30:37 PM
Hob dove forward beneath the slash, football tackling the right leg again. He could feel the power building in Tempist, and knew that he needed to have a counter to it, so he began to draw energy inside himself.

Edit: Turned sig off.

tempistopps
Jul 16th, 2001, 05:25:19 PM
::tempist fell to his right knee, landing on hob again. he thought he heard a crunch beneath his weight, but he wasnt sure... he tried to rise again, the pain growing farther. it was added to what he had welled up throughout the battle.... not enough yet.... he stood over the dwarf and started to back up slowly, giving his opponent space. he believed in a fair fight as he had been tought to from his father::
"rise"

ooc: you like that leg for some reason

edit: typos

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 17th, 2001, 11:15:11 AM
(ooc) Well, if you start an injury, I've found that it helps to make it worse. It's all about taking big men off their feet. :)

(ic)
Tempist was a big creature. One fall over top of Hob had been enough to bruise the dwarf. A second was enough to do it again, and possibly injure Hob's left shoulder as well.

Hob shook the cobwebs from his brain and got to all fours. He roared in challenge and reared back, then swung both fists at Tempist's right knee. Midway through their swing, Hob wrapped those fists in a blue aura of pure physical force, tripling his natural strength. If this connected, it might cause Tempist to fall over on him again, but it would surely injure the big thing severely.

Edit: I forgot I left my sig on.

tempistopps
Jul 17th, 2001, 11:57:39 AM
::as tempist fell on the dwarf for a third time, he drew the dagger he kept in his boot and took a stab at hob's left sholder. hob couldnt move because he was pinned by tempist's left leg, and the blade carved deep into his sholder. tempist gave a slight twist before he pulled it out, then tried to rise. when he couldnt use his right leg anymore, he used his tail as a leg like he had so many times before, draging his leg as he walked. now the massive amount of pain generated from his leg was nearing all he could take, almost burning a hole in the back of his mind. he gritted his teath in pain as he closed his eyes... he opened them again to give a force push, using all of the energy he had stored up. the energy stored was so massive that you could physicly see the red and black waves that came from his hand, and this push effected hob far more than the two pervious ones
"....."

ooc: good idea, now i have a sholder to aim for

edit: typos again

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 18th, 2001, 07:13:18 PM
Hob struggled for a moment, trying to maintain his footing, then was blown backwards by the force of the shove.

Just as suddenly, his hands reached up, grabbing at the air. His left hand could not grab anything, but his right hand seemed to find purchase on an invisible bar of some kind.

But Hob did not slow himself to a stop using this trick. Instead, he swung backwards using the one hand, then up and somehow over the intermingled waves of red and black that had forced him backwards.

And then Hob was hurtling through the at Tempist like a cannonball with the momentum of Tempist's push and then some. As he neared the Sith, a blue aura surrounded his entire body, signaling that Hob had come prepared for physical damage this time.

Edit: I need to remember to turn off my sig.

tempistopps
Jul 18th, 2001, 07:27:14 PM
::tempist saw the oncoming dwarf, knowing only one thing he could do. he ducked backwards, falling onto his back as the dark one passed just inches from his face. his chest was grazed by hob's foot, causing him to wince in pain for a breif moment, followed by an angary flip to his foot and tail. he turned to look at hob, but he was still moving in mid air. using his new pain, he took out a throwing knife from his pocket and channeled energy through it. the blade began to glow a deep shade of blue from the new sensations. tempist looked up at where the projectile dwarf was, and unleashed his knife with a fury that propelled it as fast as hob was going. when hop finaly stoped, the blade would be stoped in him.... he watched and waited::

ooc: cannon ball! (splash)

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 18th, 2001, 07:48:07 PM
(ooc) *Gets out of the pool dripping wet.* Oho! Nice one! Let me show you a good way to turn a weakness into a temporary strength.

(ic)
Hob came out of his cannonball crouch and hit the ground on both feet. He didn't stop, though.

His momentum was too much, and Hob was too inexperienced at sudden stops, for the flying dwarf to be stopped abruptly under his own power. Rather than hit the ground and start rolling, Hob pushed off of it and leapt upwards into a series of flips and tumbles in the air. The momentum he'd originally gained from Tempist's attack bled away under the force of gravity.

Beneath Hob sped the knife, which flew away and embedded itself in the ground some distance on.

Hob's small form slowed and landed on the ground. The dwarf, meanwhile, had used comparatively little Force energy to counter Tempist's attack than that which had been originally directed at him. He still had a good amount left, to which added by drawing the life Force from various bugs, insects, and nearby plants.

To keep the big thing distracted, Hob levitated a fist sized rock behind Tempist and threw it at his foe's left leg.

tempistopps
Jul 19th, 2001, 10:51:02 AM
::tempist smiled at hob's manuever. "clever little bugger..." he thought aloud. he shifted his weight to his tail and picked his leg up to avoid the rock. after it sped under him he shifted back, only noticing now that the dwarf had used very little energy to get past his attack. he looked down at his leg, and used a small bit of energy to heal it slightly, enough so if he had to he could use it again. it still hurt alot, and any new pain hob sent at him would just be saved and used very quickly. he drew his saber once more, and was prepared for a massive physical attack augmented by the force. he also had some energy stored incase he was wrong, so that he could lessen the dammage he took from the dark jedi's next manuever::

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 20th, 2001, 09:58:06 AM
Hob felt he had gathered enough energy for what he wanted to do, so he began to walk towards Tempist. As he got close to his opponent, Hob's limbs bathed themselves in a wicked red glow.

With another Force push against Tempist, Hob once again attacked. He leapt into the air with his fists ready to drive a punch into his opponent's body.

(ooc) Just to let you know, the red glow indicates that Hob has created an aura of psionic energy on something (in this case, his arms and legs). If Hob hits an animal or a person with something charged with such an aura, their nerves will be damaged, they will feel extreme pain, and they will lose their concentration and ability to think clearly for a few moments. Tempist might not know what Hob is doing, but I thought I should let you know so that you could decide how you wanted to respond to such an attack.

tempistopps
Jul 20th, 2001, 12:03:37 PM
::still not completely aware of his surroundings, tempist closed his eyes for a breif moment, no more than a second in lenth. he opened them to see a red glow coming at him, still unaware of what it was part of. out of instinct he drew infinity and clicked it. the black blade gave a hum as it appeared. tempist tried to flip onto his feet, but failed. with nothing else to do, he layed there with his saber up and out. if the glow came any closer it would be impaled::

ooc: infinity is a modified black single bladed lightsaber

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 22nd, 2001, 01:09:22 PM
(ooc) Gotcha, thanks.

(ic)
There was no way for Hob to continue on his current trajectory without getting injured, and he didn't have practice at switching between two different attacks.

But he did have experience with utilizing two aspects of the Force at once.

With his concentration focussed already on keeping the Aura of Pain charged, Hob split his attention and drew on his power to make use of some further telekinesis. His body suddenly jerked downward as though he had a rope around his feet jerking him downward, taking him off a collision course with the lightsaber's blade.

His body whizzed to the ground just in front of the menacing blade. His feet hit the ground, but his glowing red fist kept going at its' new target- Tempist's right knee.

Talth
Jul 22nd, 2001, 02:08:47 PM
OOC: Outta curiosity, have you ever been to Phyrexia.com? Or did you just see my old char Tevesh Szat's sig and use that picture?

tempistopps
Jul 22nd, 2001, 06:59:13 PM
ooc @ talth: hello, i used to be FlameSpitter and now KEEPER OF THE VERSE. glad to see that somenoe finaly knew where it was from lol
@ hob: ill give a response to the attack a lil later, i dont have mcuh time right now

tempistopps
Jul 22nd, 2001, 10:49:15 PM
::now fully aware of his surroundings again, tempist looked at hob's glowing form. he rolled to his side to avoid the dwarf, then he backfliped onto his feet, his leg healing more now. it was well enough to walk on without too much pain. he looked at hob and waited for his foe to stand::
"very nice, your skill serves you well"
::a slight grin spread accross tempist's face as he gave hob a moment to recover::

Zirilan of the Claw
Jul 23rd, 2001, 12:16:09 AM
LoL! Lesse if you can guess who I am...(BTW, its Talth again...too lazyto switch accounts....) How you doing? If ya got AIM, send me a msg: Tev Loneglade

EDIT~ code for your sig is messed up.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:50:23 AM
(ooc)
Talth: Buddy. Pal. Compadre. Don't mean to be rude, but there's an entire forum for OOC comments, so if you could take this conversation there, I'd appreciate it. I am trying to have a fight here.

Y'know, that sounds like a line in a movie. Hmmm...

Guy A: "Hey man, did you see that hot chick-"
Guy B: "I'm trying to have a fight here?!?"

Tempist: Okay, I have two things about your post I'd like to discuss. The first and most important of these things is that if you were to swing your lightsaber at Hob's hand with the Aura of Pain around it and he was unable to dodge, you would cut the hand off because the Aura of Pain does not protect Hob's body. The Aura of Force (blue glow) does do that, but not the Aura of Pain (red glow).

Secondly, I personally think you're trying to do something too complex in too short a time. To twirl your saber and have it hit Hob (who is around your right knee), you have to a.) start moving it from the position you had it in {which was pointing upwards to impale Hob} into a full twirl, b.) make sure it will reach your right knee distance-wise {which is probably not a problem, it is a point to consider} and c.) do it in the time it takes for Hob to finish falling when he is at relatively close range.

Those things being said, if you honestly feel Tempist is not gonna have any problem doing that manuever, let me know and I will come up with a reply. However, if you do think you can do that, please edit your post so that it says that the lightsaber was swinging towards Hob's hand and doesn't mention the blade bouncing off the Aura of Pain. I would prefer that people reading this not get the wrong idea about that particular attack.

tempistopps
Jul 23rd, 2001, 04:06:53 PM
ooc: changed it

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 23rd, 2001, 04:33:28 PM
(ooc) Are you sure you feel Tempist can't pull that off? Because I don't want you to feel pressured to change it on my account.

tempistopps
Jul 23rd, 2001, 04:42:06 PM
ooc: im too lazy to change it again, we'll work with whats there now. its pretty much the same cept that your not thrown back and you still have your hand

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 24th, 2001, 07:14:23 PM
(ooc) *Laughs.* Works for me, guy, works for me.

(ic)
Unfortunately, the Dark Dwarf wasn't expecting his target to move. Hob's fist cracked into the ground and he howled in pain, staggering backwards. The Aura of Pain disappeared from his hands and legs, and Hob turned his energy inward to reduce the injuries he had. His hand immediately began to throb less and his shoulder firmed slightly.

Hob jerked his head, wondering what he could do to take the monster down. Then, he got an idea.

Darth Vader used telekinetic force to crush the windpipes of many of his subordinates. Hob did the same now, except he focussed a moderate amount of Force energy on the telekinetically crushing the knee that he'd been working on.

tempistopps
Jul 24th, 2001, 11:18:27 PM
::the new pain throbing through his leg, tempist attempted to walk twards hob. when it failed, he leaned back on his tail, and allowed it to push him twards the dwarf. he got much closer this way, but was still not quite close enough to attack with his saber or broadsward. he gave a slight force push to break hob's concentration, then grabed the knife in his boot. he griped the blade in his hand, and threw it twards the dwarf's sholder::

ooc: running out of ideas? lol i think his leg is gonna give way soon, but we'll see

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 25th, 2001, 06:46:35 PM
(ooc) Running out of ideas? Heck no! But if it works, why not do it repeatedly? :)

(ic)
Hob stumbled backwards, catching himself after two steps. The knife he had no time to deal with, so he twisted his body and it buried itself halfway in his left shoulder.

Hissing in pain, Hob pulled the weapon out with his right hand. He gave it to his left arm, which hung with a certain looseness to it, and began devising a new plan.

From his open right hand emerged a threatening tendril of black light. The tendril of Dark Side Webbing wavered, as though it were not certain of what to do, then suddenly leapt at Tempist like a whipvine.

The knife that had been in Hob's left hand leapt out of it and hovered in the air in front of him in a protective fashion.

demonnight148993
Jul 26th, 2001, 12:18:50 AM
*she had been watching thought that the fight was great display of power an strength*

tempistopps
Jul 26th, 2001, 11:23:10 AM
::he watched the tendril, atfirst wondering what hob had planed. when it rushed twards him, he was caught off guard, and just barely managed to evade it by leaping to the left. although tempist had little force training, he had enough to do what he was planing with his remaining energy. he quickly looked for a lose rock, or anything that he could throw at hob. seeing nothing nearby, he noticed a stone about as big as his fist behind hob. he mentaly pulled the stone into the air, and threw it at hob's back::

ooc: very nice, i guess there is a benifit in proper training

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 27th, 2001, 12:15:51 PM
(ooc) Hey, I'll take that as a compliment, because I mostly taught myself. :) In fact, due to Ogre's busy schedule Hob has only ever done one thing as an apprentice, and that was participate in a massacre.

(ic)
The knife in front of Hob lifted a little higher, then hurled itself at the thrown rock. The two of them clanged into one another, the rock being diverted to the ground at Hob's right and the knife falling off to the left.

Meanwhile, Hob kept working on the tendril of Dark Side Webbing. Sweat stood out on his forehead as he forced it to keep seeking Tempist out, but the monster was very quick for one so big.

Concentrating harder, Hob forced the tendril's end to divide into two, and both ends curled and sped through the air after their target.

tempistopps
Jul 27th, 2001, 02:31:06 PM
::unsheathing his broadsward, tempist gave a quick slash to the closest tendril, hoping it would have some sort of effect. without thinking or taking a look back at it, he dashed to his left. he saw the dagger still intact, slightly chiped due to the rock. he began to run in zig-zags, making it very hard for either tendril to follow. after a few moments, tempist stoped to catch his breath. during this time he gathered energy for another force move. he lifted the knife off of the ground, and force threw it at hob, in a fashon that it would spin in the air::

ooc: massacre's can be fun once in a while, depends on how you play i guess

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 27th, 2001, 11:22:31 PM
(ooc) Oh, it was fun. I just brought it up as the only thing I've ever officially done as an apprentice.

(ic)
Hob lifted his left hand and held it up into the path of the spinning knife. It stuck itself into his forearm and Hob screamed in pain.

The black tendrils, unaffected by the sword slash were momentarily without focus. Lacking guidance, they leapt at the nearest targets- a pair of trees. Each tendril wrapped around the tree in such a way that it appeared to be a climbing vine. As the tendrils climbed, the branches of each tree seemed to wither and wilt. The tendrils pulsated in size, sending energy back to their creator.

And then the tendrils shrank back to Hob's hand and disappeared. The trees were left black and dead, cracks splitting their trunks and branches falling off.

Hob, meanwhile, throbbed with energy drawn from the Living Force, and a blue aura surrounded his entire body. His shoulder seemed to right itself with a jerk, and Hob reached for the knife in his forearm. As he pulled it free, the wound closed behind it with the bleeding slowing to a trickle.

Both the dwarf's glowing hands gripped the weapon. With a sharp jerk, he broke the weapon in two where the blade joined the hilt and tossed it aside.

The Dark Dwarf then started forward towards his enemy in an implacable, stalking pace.

tempistopps
Jul 28th, 2001, 01:19:26 AM
::slightly empressed by this manuever, tempist sheathed his sward and began to back up slowly at first, then with a quick flip into a neghiboring tree he was gone from hob's sight. his aura was not hidden though, and he lept from the tree into another one, more stable. there he waited for a few moments for hob to catch up. he began to search his pockets for any lose metal objects. all he could really find was a few credits, a throwing knife, and a device he had been working on in his forge before hand. he then drew his saber, still turned off, and waited silently::

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 29th, 2001, 08:10:01 PM
Hob stalked after Tempist. More tendrils of Dark Side Webbing leapt from his hands- first one, which drew all the Life Force from the tree it contacted, then a second sprouted next to its' twin and sought another tree along with the first. A third and fourth extended and began to drain the forest of it's Life Force.

Around Hob, the Aura of Force became a bright blue and the threads of Dark Side Webbng began to strengthen and firm, their aim becoming truer and the acts of vampyrism they performed quicker. The trees around Hob sank, wilted, and began to fall over as Hob trailed his opponent. By the time he sensed Tempist's presence nearing, Hob had left a trail of dead trees.

The Dark Side Web disappeared back into nothingness, and Hob shone with the energy he'd sapped from the forest. He continued forward until he could sense Tempist in the tree above him. "Come down, lad!" he yelled up into the tree. "Or Hob will leave ye without a leg t' stand on!"

tempistopps
Jul 29th, 2001, 08:49:16 PM
::tempist looks up from his searching for metal, and sees a trail of blackened death amongthe trees, evidance of hob's growing strenth. he quckly turns infinity on, still unseen in the tree, hob neared still, he cold see the glow of his body. he began to move the metal close to the blade, still waiting. now hob was uneder him, and talking too... what a waste of time. he bagan to melt down the objects he had in his hand, driping metal onto the force aura. it began to weaken slightly, but then was strenthened again by the energy hob had gathered. the metal sizzeled slightly as it hit the aura, before hardening, and making a sheet where it landed. tempist melted more metal, this time it landed on hob's eyes, but protected by the aura. with hob's vision no longer a problem, tempist slashed off the very branch he was sitting on, before leaping to another tree, then jumpind down behind hob. he turned and ran back to the clearing, not looking back at the dearf. he reached the feild, and gathered a few rocks to throw at him, perhaps weaken the aura a litle::

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 30th, 2001, 11:04:04 AM
Hob was jerking his head downwards to clear the metal off his aura when he heard the hissing of a lightsaber cutting through something. His senses told him that a branch was falling down towards his head and would probably drain more of the energy from his Aura. That could not be allowed to happen.

Hob stood up and braced himself against the dirt. Mentally, he streamlined the Aura a bit so that any impact on it would not drain it quite so much. When the branch was close enough, Hob reached up and snatched it from the air with both hands, the force of impact flowing through the Aura into the ground.

After a careful moment of consideration, Hob turned around and returned to the field, carrying the branch over his shoulder like a club. Then he reached the field and saw Tempist.

tempistopps
Jul 30th, 2001, 11:32:14 AM
::as hob walked closer to the feild, tempist prepared the stones for a massive onslaught, hopefuly weakening the aura a bit. hob entered the feild and saw tempist with two stones in his hands, each as big as his head. the moment tempist saw the dark dwarf, he threw the two stones, as well as force threw one at hob. he gave a flick of his tail, sending a forth rock at hob. he then picked up another one, this time crushing it into smaller shards of stone, then threw them into the air and force held them there for a moment, playing with what he had learned in his training. then he turned them in the air, so that the points all were aimed at hob, then shot them through the space between them, like a small barage of missiles at hob::

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 30th, 2001, 12:21:38 PM
Hob carefully gauges the approaching stones- four of them, there were. Some of the energy in his shield Hob transferred into a telekinetic barrier that slowed two of the stones down. That way, Hob was dealing with one group of two, and then a second group of two instead of one big group of four.

Hob swung his branch club twice, each swing hammering two stones back the way they'd come, as though they were balls pitched to a batter. Fortunately, the branch was thick and springy so it came away with minimal damage from the stones.

Hob then spotted what appeared to be a small cloud of needles flying towards him. Rather than attempt to deal with them, Hob leapt up into the air so that they would pass beneath him. He held his club in a ready position so that he would hopefully be able to defend against whatever attack Tempist made next.

tempistopps
Jul 30th, 2001, 01:59:58 PM
::watching hob jump, tempist grabed another stone, and leapt as well,aiming a stone at hob on his decent. he threw it at him, using the trajectory that would give it the most speed and power. he drew infinity while landing, and made a slash at hob, but missing and hitting the branch instead::

Evil Hobgoblin
Aug 2nd, 2001, 05:19:52 PM
Hob utilized his club to fend off Tempist's last stone, simply deflecting it rather than try to block it altogether. His enemy's lightsaber sheared through his branch, severely shortening his makeshift weapon.

That was fine, though. Hob didn't need it but for one final task. He took a short step forward, his blue aura glowing brightly. As he moved, he swung the branch-bat forward at Tempist's right knee with fierce strength.

tempistopps
Aug 2nd, 2001, 09:37:04 PM
::with a quick twist of his saber, the branch was in half. hob was making another assault with it now,shorter, but easier to swing. tempist gave another twist, shattering the club down the center, leaving hob with a handful of splinters. he then swung the saber at hob's arm, reflected backwards by the aura. he steped back a foot or so, thinking of a new way to dammage hob::

Evil Hobgoblin
Aug 5th, 2001, 12:50:12 PM
Hob drained his shield to provide himself with some free energy. The shield dimmed to a hazy blue, using up about half the energy Hob had acquired from the trees.

Raising his right hand, Hob clenched it into a fist around the splinters. The energy Hob had freed was twisted into a telekinetic crush that would grind Tempist's body into paste if left unchecked. Hob twisted his hand around the splinters and the crush grip that Tempist was in shook him, as though Hob's hand was applying force by proxy.

tempistopps
Aug 7th, 2001, 09:55:18 AM
::with the sudden surege of pain fron hob now growing rapidly, tempist felt energy building. he also felt a rib snap. he gave a low curse, then stared at hob with a look of pure hatrid (spelling?). it was the same look he had given to the jedi that killed his father before he slaughtered him. tempist stared into hob's face, the pain growing. he mentaly reached out, trying to get into the dwarf's mind, but he had too many barriers. he then tried sending some of the pain into hob's mind, but it was hit by the barriers and weakened them slightly. he sent another shot of his own pain, this time it weakened the barrier significantly. not wanting to waste any more of his energy, he put the remaining anger and pain into a force push, breaking hob's concentration for a moment... it was enough time for tempist to fling a stone at hob with a flick of his tail::

ooc: sorry i took so long to respond, my ISP sucks

removed over 30k sig

Evil Hobgoblin
Aug 15th, 2001, 12:24:05 AM
(ooc) I know Tempist may not be around, but I've had some trouble getting to this. I hope one day we can finish this, because I was enjoying myself! :D

(ic)

Hob stumbled backwards from the Force push, regaining his footing after only a precious moment. The stone rushed at him-

And then he caught it in his left hand and crushed it to gravel, using it to apply more force around Tempist's already crushing body.

tempistopps
Aug 15th, 2001, 07:56:29 PM
::feeling hob's constricting grip around him, he begain to wonder if he should just quit now..... naaaa. the new pain of having 2 ribs crushed from the grip was enough for tempist to try once more wiht the mential attacks. he sent the new pain at the dwarf, this time removing his defenses and giving him a massive headache. tempist could do little more before 4 bones in his left hand were broken. the new pain was put into another shot to hob's brain, this one doing more dammage::

ooc: he forgot about baning me, so im back. im probably gonna give up soon, i dont have enough training to deal with most of your attacks

Evil Hobgoblin
Aug 16th, 2001, 06:39:25 PM
(ooc) Okie dokie. I'll try and make an impressive finish, then. :)

(ic)
Hob put one hand to the side of his head. Tempist was using a trick he'd used in the past- the telepathic projection of pain. He'd long ago learned how to absorb the pain into a mental shock, but had yet to learn how to defend himself from such a shock.

Still, in the contest of attacks, Hob had the edge. One's physical form could only withstand so much punishment, even one as impressive as Tempist. Indeed, Hob had Tempist right where he wanted him- weakened and immobile.

Hob's hands gestured in two curving motions, causing Tempist to flip head over heels and hit his head on the ground. He spun Tempist twice like this to get him good and dizzy while continuing to constrict his telekinetic grip.

tempistopps
Aug 17th, 2001, 10:42:48 AM
::tempist closed his eyes, knowing that he could not fight much longer. he tried to move his hand, and felt the shards of bone rubbing against eachother. he mentaly reached out to demon that he might need her help to get back to TSE soon. he opened his eyes once more, and glared at hob. the pain gave him the fuel for one last bolt of pain, but that was all. he cursed loudly, then noded in defeat before falling to the ground, his breathing barely showing::

ooc: good match, maybe next time ill have a better chance

Evil Hobgoblin
Aug 19th, 2001, 01:20:22 AM
(ooc) Hey, you did very well for someone with almost no training. I think you'll probably end up being pretty powerful, if you stick with your training.

(ic)
Hob stalked up next to the defeated Tempist and kicked him in the side. "Remember, big thing," he whispered in the Sith apprentice's ear. "Never mess with the Hobgoblin. Now go take word of your defeat to your Masters. I have better things to do, don't y'know?"

With that, Hob turned and left.