PDA

View Full Version : The END - the story of a man's life.

Khendon S
Aug 30th, 2001, 10:13:21 PM
The END

Life is harsh, especially when life is neglected and taken freely; but, life can be beautiful, and precious. When harmony is not reached in life, an equal balance of the good and the bad, it no longer functions in the way it was originally developed for, which only we may guess at. Thus, this is the story of his rising, and his fall, thus, this is a story of love, a story of hate, and a story of passion, not just for life, not just for redemption, but for everything.

The start of the man this story revolves around’s life was humble. Khendon was born on the planet Kyrin by the mother Malicia Sevon and father Aristal Sevon. Aristal was a grand businessman who worked for an imperial faction, supplying vital technologies that sustained the conquering force. But, before Aristal’s corperation blossomed, it fell. Blood was shed; lives were taken, all in the name of peace.

Khendon stared at the stars, wondering what made them emit with a radiant white glow, wondering how ships could do the things they did, how man had evolved. He swore that one day, he would conquer his questions; from that day on, Khendon’s life was devoted to the dream of Infinitive Knowledge, which Napoleon Hill describes as a collective of everything, every thought.

As the young child, never touched by sorrow, never touched by pain, gazed upon the wonderful balls of fire in space that float like fireflies in the summer wind, he looked to his left, sighting the forest, which he had frolicked in several moments previous, ablaze. This was not a new sight; the forest during the dry spell always was burning, or, as his father explained it, “honoring the brave souls who hath passed through the gates of heaven.”

Khendon gazed at the smoldering furnace, eyes never leaving it, his thoughts would dwell upon this moment for his life, eternally, and I am sure his spirit, wherever it may call home, still mulls on these few moments which changed his life, forever.

Khendon S
Aug 31st, 2001, 06:44:45 PM
An unusual smell was wafted across the night air, ruining the crisp, clean sent of jasmine, roses and ferns. The odor was new to Khendon, but he would smell it several more times before his death, a death that came so suddenly, and at such a young age. The smell was that of burning human flesh, a sweet yet sickening sent, that is said never to be forgotten.

As this unusual smell came to Khendon’s senses, he wondered what it was of, and was slightly disgusted by it, yet also intrigued. Khendon lifted himself from his position and walked in the direction of the flames, looking side-to-side, squinting, searching for any indication as to the source that could generate such a bitter odor. As the young child walked onward, he peered into the flames, gasping, crying, and running into them; for the source of the fire, he knew too well, his own home.

Khendon ran on, towards the front door, which was all that was truly left of the entire facility. He cursed himself, cursed the creature that could do such as thing. As he looked around for any sign of his parents, or family, or friends, he heard voices, strange voices. Khendon ducked under a fallen log, which was already quit burnt, and gazed upon two men, in New Republic uniforms. He cringed and memorized the names on their left shoulders, along with the image on their right. He swore revenge as the two men lit up cigarettes and walked off.

Ten years later, Khendon, at the age of fifteen, found himself on the planet Nashua, looking for work. He had little skill with any device, and was too young to be of major services. Khendon wondered the main city, Abikar, in search of a kind stranger that would spare some money or food for a young mendicant.

The streets of Abikar were dirty, unfit for even the rats that ran along the sidewalks, searching for crumbs that had fallen from the mouths of passerby’s. Life was harsh, and unforgiving, Khendon eventually turned to stealing to acquire food, and he eventually joined a thieves guild, known as the Guild, his first command.

At the age of eighteen, Khendon was making enough money to sustain him, off thievery. He turned his sights onto a more lucrative business, supplying equipment to the imperial factions that had taken root in the galaxy. He used the money he had gathered to purchase his father’s old company, which had totally fallen apart and was going to be sold at auction, but Khendon made arrangements, holding the owner’s daughter for ransom. Thus, Tarot Labs was reborn.

DarthPoreon
Aug 31st, 2001, 11:04:18 PM
Galactic Recruiter Liason #A2235 watched the endless stream of starship travel leave and enter the planet. Each creature aboard the freighters had a story. #A2235's story contained failure. #A2235 was Jake Ser Poreon, a young man with a tarnished career. Stuck in a dead end recruiting job on a distant third-world planet, Poreon saught redemption. But redemption just didn't seem to find Poreon.

Poreon's only hope lied within his Commanding Officer located light years away on the Sector Capital Planet. Little hope presented the recruiting officer of The Interstellar Empire.

On the filthy, out of the way planet Poreon established a small ring of possible recruitees for the Empire. One subject was a young Khendon Sevon. Khendon possessed a knack for shady operations and command. Poreon exchanged HoloNet frequencies with the then brash Khendon, never expecting to see the subject again in his life.

Galactic Recruiter Agent for the Interstellar Empire was just a cover operation for Poreon. Truly, he was a rising officer in the underground TIE resistance. His mission consisted of examining TIE's outer fortifications and tagging possible officers for the Galactic Military Alliance.

Khendon S
Sep 2nd, 2001, 10:21:46 AM
When Khendon reached the age of nineteen, his interests started to change, he noticed the world, the galaxy, and wished to interact more. A soldier from the Interstellar Empire had given him an unusual frequency to contact him by, and Khendon did just that. The two interacted and talked for a long time of things such as: the current raining empire, the New Republic and other such misshapenness in the galaxy.

On such an exchange of knowledge and ideas, Poreon, as he had become known, revealed his true nature on this planet. Khendon was rather shocked, but insisted on helping the Galactic Military Alliance. Thus, a grand career that brought this fine warrior all the way to the rank of Moff, before his early death, was started.

DEATH

Many of you may be wondering how Khendon died. This is part of the story is both unusual and chaotic.

Khendon walked down the hall, sipping tea, make from real tealeaves, as he looked at some papers. The following was located on the documents he was perusing:

TEST SUBJECT #2,389A

TEST: Matter reorganization and recollection to composite substance.

RESULT: Subject killed.

TEST SUBJECT #2,390A

RESULT: Subject killed.

TEST SUBJECT #2,391A

RESULT: Test subject O.K.

CONTINUED TEST: Matter shielding and reformation absorption.

RESULT: Success!

With these last lines, Khendon smiled, the tests had been completed, the proper sequences found, it was all working according to plan. Out of five thousand tests, one had worked, they figured out what made it succeed, and were ready to try it again. Khendon walked into his secure lab, automatic lasers following him the entire time, scanning him.

As he walked in, one of his assistants told him to watch out, Khendon turned, but it was to late, the matter reanalyze hit him, incinerating everything, leaving nothing.

Khendon S
Sep 2nd, 2001, 10:48:20 AM
“My story could have ended there,” said Khendon, using the secure line which he had just sliced into the mainframe, where this news report was posed at for public viewing, “…but, it did not, as you shall now see…

“When the beam hit me, I could feel the energy rearranging my molecules, it is a exasperating feeling, especially once you no longer have any of the senses we all know and love. The device had been set to rearrange the targeted particles into the center, the mind core, of a Rune Stone, a device we, at Tarot Labs, had been developing for some time. The Rune Stone can contain a soul, and interact with it, allowing it a temporary body, or permanent one, if such is required.

“The beam’s central alignment computer was sliced at the instant I entered the room, causing the beam to turn on me, through the security transpara-steel, directly onto me, rearranging my particles and beaming me, in a energy form, into the nearby Rune Stone. I cannot describe the feeling of being in complete control of a machine, it’s power.

“We were developing the Rune Stone to aid fallen pilots in survival on harsh planets, it can, on contact with the user, absorb their soul from their body. Once this happens, anyone else who touches it will faint, due to it absorbing a good portion of the electricity in his or her body. To add to this, the Rune Stone then generates an uplink to the brain, allowing communication, downloading, uploading. The Run Stone uses mini-repulsors to levitate and maneuver. The Run Stone generates a miniature shield that protects the soul from damage.

“That, my friends, is what I was absorbed into, that is what I currently resid…” connection closed, illegal use of Guild technology detected.