PDA

View Full Version : Coruscant Tales: Prent Enterprises, Inc.

Sanis Prent
Jul 16th, 2001, 03:40:06 PM
Two Months Later

(The nights were hard...but they usually went easier with a pint of Corellia's finest working man's bourbon. Not that fancy stuff that they sold in blue and gold bags...the stuff that was in cheap, mass-produced plastic bottles. The kind that had muffin recipes on the side.

Sanis lay on a large bed, in the middle of a large penthouse-level room. The furnishings around him were exquisite, and everything that a powerful leader of the Sector Rangers could desire. He could thank Sasseeri Reeouurra for that. She had kept him caged in a very golden prison.

Draping a silken robe over his shoulders, Sanis walked to the window, watching the lights of the Coruscant evening sky. Hundreds upon hundreds of ships, weaving through the deep blue sky. It was hypnotic...and combined with the alcohol, helped to ease the pain that still hadn't died fully in two months.

Daleethria was a hard woman to live down.

Cursing, Sanis finished the pint of whiskey, tossing the bottle in the general direction of the kitchen. He rubbed at the stubble on his face, and suddenly remembered that he had a few business meetings for the next day. He trusted that Saarrreeaa was on top of that. He'd given her as much rope as he could afford her, and let her handle most of the true business. A natural Cizerack female, she had a mind for the greedy life, and was a credit-pincher if Sanis had ever seen. Still....he trusted her about half as far as he could throw her...and Sanis always slept with his shell gun under the pillow.

Still....it wasn't the same. Funny, Sanis had finally "made it big". Yet...it was the chase that made him truly happy. Barely able to make ends meet, sleeping in the freighter most of the time, and trying to make due until the next job rolled in. He was happy then....and he had also found love.

Now, things were different. He was in debt in a way that no amount of credits could change, and Daleethria had been gone two months. For a rich man, Sanis was a very unhappy man. He'd give anything to be out on his own again, with Dalee as his only companion.

Now...everything was uncertain. A few times, he had even contemplated shooting out the glass of his penthouse loft, and taking a nice leisurely jump. With a sad smile, Sanis finally understood how all of those women had felt when he'd given them bad news. His heart was broken now, just like they had been.

A sound of broken glass broke Sanis' stupor temporarily. It had come from the living area. Curious and ready for danger, Sanis pulled back the hammers on his shell gun, and carefully began to investigate.)

Daleethria
Jul 16th, 2001, 04:39:58 PM
As Sanis began to investigate the living room, it became quite apparent that there was no one here and the only thing out of place was glass all over the floor. The broken shards belong to a picture that had a home on one of the end tables. A picture that Sanis had been ignoring for quite some time.

It was of him and Daleethria together on the Layla. Sanis had surprised her with a romantic dinner that night ... it was the last real quality time they shared together ...

Sanis Prent
Jul 16th, 2001, 04:45:28 PM
(As Sanis brushed the shards off of the photo, he felt himself slide to the wood parquet floor. He could only look at the picture. In an instant, he had forgotten that the frame was even broken at all. All he could do was get lost in her eyes, and think about yesterday.)

Daleethria
Jul 17th, 2001, 12:00:06 AM
How I knew you would do this to yourself in response to my death.

Her voice was that gentle whisper in his mind, that source of connection that he lost two months ago. It wasn't the alcohol that induced this delusion either ... it was very real.

She looked like she did the day she died. The same red pants and black boots and shirt that Sanis bought for her. Her translucent figure was outlined in an eerie blue hue. Daleethria walked forward but there were no footfalls and she knelt before Sanis, casting a quick glance at the picture.

It is that reason why I have not left you yet.

Sanis Prent
Jul 18th, 2001, 08:36:42 AM
(Sanis didn't have time to cry, gasp, or otherwise in response to the sudden appearance of the apparition. If he was a little more sober, he would be very sure that he was seeing Daleethria's ghost. Gulping slightly, Sanis managed to suspend his disbelief. He was so lonely now that even an alcohol-induced hallucination would comfort him somewhat.)

Daleethria...

(Instinctively, Sanis reached a hand out to her. It merely passed through her bluish ethereal image)

...I don't want to think that its true, but I know it is.

(He blinked away tears)

I never saw it coming. And I never got to say goodbye, as if that would have helped me.

Daleethria
Jul 19th, 2001, 01:03:08 AM
I did not see it either ...

Her form leaned into the hand of her lover's in a reflex though she felt nothing. Nothing physical. His grief and pain that were pouring out of him was felt deeply within her mind.

... how was I to know the Sister of my own creator would try and kill me? I thought it would have been ...

Sanis didn't need to hear her logical ramblings but it was so like her to explain her thoughts ... even when the scoundrel had no clue what she was saying. Right now he needed her comfort.

I'm here now, Sanis. This is not a dream and I will not leave you until you are ready to let me go.

Sanis Prent
Jul 19th, 2001, 12:26:09 PM
(Sanis began to realize that he wasn't dreaming. Somehow, Dalee had come back, and was speaking to him. With childlike faith, Sanis lost himself in her spiritual image, wishing that she could be alive for one more minute, so he could hold her again.)

Dalee...what do I do? Where do I go, now? Before, it was easy. I had no direction, because I had nothing in my life. I could live like that then, but I don't think I can go back to that anymore. Not since I met you.

(Sanis smiled)

You really made the last year of my life great, you know?

Daleethria
Jul 22nd, 2001, 04:47:27 PM
She kneeled on the floor and gently smiled.

And you shown me there was more to my life then what I was created for. I do not think I ever would have known what love was if it was not for you, Sanis.

Daleethria closed her eyes briefly before opening them again. She could not hide how displeased she was.

Now you have to look towards the future. The Sanis I fell in love with was not a quitter ... yet here you are wallowing around and doing nothing when there is money to be had out there. This isn't you at all!

She motioned around the spacious apartment.

What is all this but a pretty decorated cell?! You need to get a grip and get out of this mess like we were planning otherwise you will be someone's lap dog forever!

Sanis Prent
Jul 22nd, 2001, 10:22:52 PM
(It was as if a weight had been lifted off of Sanis' shoulders, he looked up at Daleethria's face, wide-eyed)

You're right. I have to keep moving on. If not, then I'm gonna be stuck forever. Even if I can't be with you...if I can keep "making it big", then maybe thats the next best thing.

(he smiled)

As long as you're watching me, I might as well be the best performer you could ask for. It won't keep me warm at night, but if you're out there somewhere...happy...then its better than the alternative.

Daleethria
Jul 23rd, 2001, 01:26:48 PM
At your side is where I belong ... making sure that you are safe and secure.

A smirk came across her face.

Or at least that is humanly possible for one as yourself. I must be honest with you, Sanis. One day I must leave but I assure you that will not be for a long time.

Sanis Prent
Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:52:52 PM
(Sanis slowly nodded)

Then I will make the best of the time that we do have together. I promise, Daleethria.

Daleethria
Jul 24th, 2001, 12:29:46 PM
I know you will, but now I'll leave you to take care of things. Goodbye for now, my love.

Slowly the image of Daleethria faded away, leaving Sanis alone in the room but he could still feel that she was watching over him.

Sanis Prent
Jul 24th, 2001, 06:05:03 PM
(And then...she was gone. Sanis was once again alone. Although this time, he somehow didn't feel the stinging loneliness of the previous months. He knew that somewhere out there, she was there, and she still loved him. And through all that they had gone through, she was his salvation. Now, she was pulling him out of the fire again.

Sanis was not going to take recent events lying down. He wouldn't disappoint her like that.

She was right. The galaxy was ripe with money to be made, and Sanis would live life right onto the hilt. He would make it big, not only for himself...but for Daleethria as well.

Smiling, Sanis finished cleaning up the broken picture frame. Discarding the broken glass, Sanis propped the picture of Daleethria up on his desk. He sighed.)

Get busy living, or get busy dying...

(Walking over to a wall-mounted comm unit, Sanis tapped the button that auto-dialed the on-call receptionist at the base-floor lobby. Her fluid voice responded to the paging.)

Mr. Prent?

(He smiled. It was still strange getting used to having a receptionist, and an actual staff working under him. Then again, to work for the Sector Rangers meant to live two lives. One legitimate, and....well....another one. For the former, that meant that Sanis had to become a corporate paradigm. With as many GQ aspirations as he possessed, it was a task that Sanis was quite ready for. He smiled slightly, replying to her query.)

Yes, Janna. Its Sanis.

Is everything alright, sir? Its one in the morning.

No no, its fine Janna. Listen, I'm going to need the staff to make some calls tomorrow. I need to schedule a meeting, and I have some...clients, that I'd like to attend. Can you make sure they are contacted?

Yes sir. Just dictate a contact list to me, and I'll make sure they are called.

Excellent. Thanks.

(Sanis proceeded to rack his brain, pacing back and forth as he spoke to the speakercomm, naming as many people as he could think of that he wanted present at the meeting.)

Alright, I'll need Vekaar Vekin, Azure Regalia, Ken Jiang, Aliya Vahlshalynn, Clive Jerrard, Raunkss, Joel Hardy, Morgan Evanar, Lileanna DeVille, Sieken Kasstra, and a man called Hunter.

Oh, and I suppose you can CC Miss Meorrrei and her tagalong about this, as well.

Will that be all, Mr. Prent?

That should be fine for now, Janna. Thanks. I'm gonna head back to bed. Just make sure all parties are contacted tomorrow. I'd like to have the meeting take place at three in the afternoon.

Yes sir.

(Sanis shut the comm off, leaning against the wall.)

Time to "make it big".

SAURRON
Jul 25th, 2001, 01:49:03 AM
Sanis's head no sooner touched his lavish pillow in his golden cell then he found himself to come to be staring at ice blue eyes that hung there in the dark as if held by invisible strings. He had seen the pale featured face twice before. A face that would not leave him. Perhaps it was this being that Dalee thought would destroy her in retribution for Sanis's doings.

Whatever the case living death stared into his soul once again. Now tempting him with the release of mortality. Confident cool eyes...unblinking... searched his being sending relaxation through his body making the calm that Dalee's life force gave him pale in comparison.

I can remove the pain of living Sanis, all these things your life has been about would come to an end and restart a new. Ghastly apparitions would serve your beckon call, and stay by you always not when they chose to.

The face familiar to him already moved from total shadow into what light there was in the room highlighting it's features.

Saurron.

Life in death is what I offer.

Saurron holds up one of the bottles that Sanis emptied into his stomach.

A much quicker route than this.

A smile ensued...a smile bearing fangs

edit~ sig is too big vamp man. needs to be within 30k limit.

Sanis Prent
Jul 25th, 2001, 11:31:39 AM
(Sanis' first instinct was to reach for his shell gun at the sight of the vampire's face, but for some reason, he felt completely at peace, as if the situation didn't need such rash action. Still laying on his bed, Sanis listened to Saurron's words. When the vampire was finished, Sanis spoke up.)

I didn't think I'd be seeing you again any time soon. If you're looking for some kind of information regarding our previous encounter...I think I already properly enlightened you on that.

(Sanis smiled, looking at the bottle Saurron held)

And as for your offer, lets just say that I prefer to spend my night life in a different fashion. And when I become self-destructive per my own definition, maybe I'll take you up on that.

(Sanis shrugged)

Aside from matters of the undead, is there any underlying meaning to your trespassing in my penthouse? Not that I mind, or anything. The deadbolts on the doors are purely ornamental, I guess.

SAURRON
Jul 26th, 2001, 01:49:01 AM
Saurron grinned, Sanis Prent, ever the tenacious mindset. Even with death at his door he never bowed nor waived. It intrigued Saurron. Intrigued him to the point of not making a serious effort to kill him. So many humans were not worth the effort of passing the Dark Gift to but he had a quality about him...perhaps that is why Saurron did not kill him.

Saurron's pledge that Sanis would die a most horrible death would probably come true in time, but to date it was not to be by his hand. Saurron looked at Sanis and the warm comfortable feeling that Sanis had felt before left him suddenly. Sanis felt as if he had come down from some sort of high, equal to Glitterstem perhaps. Ice blue eyes lightened ever so slightly becoming bleached white as they did.

Walking around the end of the lavish bed Saurrons eyes remained fixed on the unruly hit mans, his soft low voice obtained a growl....

I think I have a use for you Mr. Prent... I did not destroy you for a reason. That reason has revealed itself. A resourceful human you are indeed.

Saurron made his way around the room turning his gaze upon expensive displays and decorations admiring the beauty of such things then continued on.

However I find it interesting that you have found to somehow care for yourself now when you have not all your life.

It was apparent to Sanis that Saurron had been in his mind at one time or another...

Saurron turned to face him again...
Nevertheless, as I said, I have a use for you now...

Glowing white eyes stared at him through the dim light of the penthouse room.

Sanis Prent
Jul 26th, 2001, 11:53:17 AM
(A disturbing feeling caused the hairs on Sanis' neck to stand on end. For whatever reason, it was as if the vampire had taken a stroll through his head.

Sitting up against the headboard of the bed, Sanis reached to the nightstand, grabbing a stim off the counter. Lighting it, his brow furrowed in thought.)

Use for me? Saurron, I didn't know you cared.

(Sanis smirked)

Alright, my interest is piqued. What did you have in mind?

Joel Hardy
Jul 26th, 2001, 01:29:55 PM
Joel walked into the room that contained Vekaar. The room could have done with more light and the door sliding shut behind him didn't help matters. He spoke softly, the small room would not have quietened his voice so he didn't need to speak harshly. Joel had just made hi way back from the main bridge, and had some important information with him.

Vekaar. The Sector Rangers have just been speaking with me. We should head to Coruscant. A man called Sanis Prent wishes to meet with us.

Joel watched Vekaars expression. It was a good one. Joel had not ever met this Sanis Prent, but he hadn't met many of Vekaar's assosiates. He arms hung loosely behind his back, his right hand holding his left rist.

Been planning fun things?

Joel smiled. His sabre rested at his side and he had a blaster attached to his leg. His hat was moved towards the fron of his head, and Joel placed a small block of a black substance into his mouth and started to chew.

Vekaar Vekin
Jul 26th, 2001, 02:58:31 PM
(Vekaar almost fell out of his chair when he heard the name Sanis Prent. It was one the Broker hadn't heard in almost half a year. Vekaar didn't think he'd ever hear it again either.)

"Sanis Prent!?"

(He had dealt with Prent before. Vekaar remembered when they obtained info regarding the wherabouts of the freighter Layla in Imperial Center. That had been one of the best adventures of Vekaar's life. The Broker wondered if he'd be able to see that pink droid and the woman again. The woman...she never seemed to trust him. The pink droid said she was Dalethria Mal Pannis.

The Broker reached into his drawer and pulled out a pack of glittersticks. He put one in his mouth and frantically lit it, inhaling the soothing smoke. He set the pack down on his desk and raised off his seat.)

"Well, I guess we'll be leaving immediately. We haven't had a job in ages, perhaps Prent needs our professional assistance." Vekaar faintly smiled.

(He surveyed Joel and noticed his saber. The broker frowned and shook his head.)

"Try and hide the saber, Joel. It could cause trouble on the Imperial capital."

(Vekaar exited his quarters with Joel following behind. He entered a new room, by typing in a numbereed password. The door slid open and both stepped inside. It was filled with numerous weapons and rifles, along with slicing tools and every other thing a smuggler/rogue/mercenary could dream of. Vekaar went to the middle and took his trenchcoat off of its hanger. He put it on and began to equip the inside apartment with detonators, small blasters and all sorts of devices.

He walked over to a wall and pushed it forward. The wall spun, revealing a secret compartment. There was only a couple of small containers inside. Vekaar put both of them in his trenchcoat. The Vong tech he aquired would come in handy.

Finally the Broker walked over to the commlink on the wall and sent a message through the whole ship.)

"Everyone strap themselves in. We're going to Coruscant."

SAURRON
Jul 27th, 2001, 12:08:29 PM
Saurron seated himself in a large comfortable chair in the corner of the room that faced Sanis.

My use for you has nothing to do with feelings I can assure you Mr. Prent, but everything to do with the state of this galaxy. I want you to find and keep track of a woman that will cause serious problems in the future. When she is in the right position we will take over and the job is done for you.

Saurron waited for the obvious question that would follow...

Sanis Prent
Jul 27th, 2001, 12:23:41 PM
(It sounded simple enough. Then again, maybe that in itself concerned Sanis. If he'd asked for a hit, or something a little more involved, it might be open-and-shut. However, to simply keep tabs on somebody...there was plenty of room for the unexpected in this.

Carefully, Sanis ventured.)

Alright, Saurron. I'll bite. What, and who, are the particulars...and how many variables are we putting in this equation?

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Jul 27th, 2001, 02:26:05 PM
It had been months since she decided to leave Imptel. Madame Director had disappeared and Pierce Tondry had taken control of what was left. Aliya didn't belong there anyway. She was schooled and bred for that life but after her kidnapping (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicfrm13.showMessage?topicID=85.topic) ... Aliya changed. Outwardly she was the same person for those that do know of her or had known of her. Pleasant and the picture of perfection. Deep inside, her innocence was taken away with the torture and with being treated as an animal.

She was dressed in her formal attire; hair pinned up, wearing jewelry that cost most beings a year salary, and a green dress that showed enough cleavage and shoulder to attract her guests into getting what she wanted with her words. Tonight was a special night at her home on Ralltiir as she was helping to entertain her father's guests. Being the daughter of a Moff, it was her duty.

It was a duty she was trying to get away from by joining Imptel. Her parents were proud but after the incident with the terrorists, they were grateful that their daughter decided to stay with them. Within the first few weeks, Aliya remembered why she wanted to leave them in the first place. Staring out the window of her family's high-rise, she longed to be far away from the system as she sipped at her white wine.

Her father's office was the only safe place right now for some reason. It was nice and quiet and away from everyone and it almost made Ralltiir seem tolerable.

Then the tranquility was shot as the computer on her father's desk beeped. Aliya rolled her eyes and decided to sneak a peek. She made her way over to the large leather chair and pulled it out, making herself quite comfortable. Her fingers keyed in the access code since this wasn't a priority message and her eyes opened wide in shock.

The message was for her? Who the hell knew she was here let alone in her father's office? She looked back and forth in fear until she was satisfied that she was indeed alone before reading the message.

Sorry to intrude like this Miss Vahlshalynn but my employer uses any means necessary to find you. Mr. Sanis Prent has taken notice of your abilities and wishes to discuss possible employment in his organization. Please meet him on Coruscant. Download the rest of the information now.

Aliya pulled out a disc and inserted it into the computer. The cursor blinked for about ten seconds and then the rest of the message played.

He looks forward to seeing you.

And that was that. The message blinked off and Aliya tried to bring it up again but there wasn't any trace of it. Prent had some good people on his side and Aliya pulled out the disc. It flipped from finger to finger as the young Vahlshalynn stared at the door to the office, lost in thought.

SAURRON
Jul 28th, 2001, 02:16:24 AM
Saurron grinned in the shadows knowing that Sanis's curiosity would nag him until he asked. His grin faded as soon as it came, then he answered with deep hatred in his voice as his thoughts went to whom he was speaking of...

The Princess Leia...

and the variables... are endless...just your cup of tea.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 29th, 2001, 12:25:49 AM
"Now that. That is a lot of money."

CAD twittered something affirmative, not using the newly installed droid vocal module.

"Certainly has my attention. But I'm not really sure who Prent is, aside from the fact that he showed up at the Order at one point."

Morgan poured over the security footage of Sanis, running it about 15 times normal speed. He turned, offering a side profile. Evanar blinked, and slowed it down to quarter speed, making sure it was indeed a wooden stock.

"CAD, identify that for me, if you would."

"Maladorian shell gun. It can fire a vast variety of ammuntion for special applications. Extremely rare. Shells can be rarer than the gun itself, and very, very pricey. Logical conclusion would be that Prent is well funded."

"And this message was sent to others?"

"Affirmative. Unable to recreate traffic, specifics are unknown."

Morgan didn't bother asking CAD. He just retraced the message itself, and figured where else it went. And then promptly scratched his head. The list of people was unknown to him, aside from Hunter.

Records were sparse, too. Very odd.

Well, if Prent had even half that kind of coin...

Sanis Prent
Jul 29th, 2001, 03:49:48 PM
Five hundred thousand, then.

(Sanis didn't bat an eye. He had already run the issue through his head.)

Normally, I'd keep this kind of thing strictly to the amateur circle, however...given the target and

(Sanis smiled)

the caliber of my employer....I'll sign up for this snoop-job.

(He leaned forward, and lost the smile)

But in addition to the credits, I need a favor from you.

Sieken Kasstra
Jul 30th, 2001, 12:06:42 AM
::Siekens apartment was a small apartment on Tatooine, lounge, barthroom and a kitchin, the front room served as a bedroom, the fold away couch/bed, althugh sieken was a tidey clean guy, him and his Girl Sapphire had been away for some time on the Sith HQ, so the musty smell filled Siekens nose as he enterd::

::The blinking of the Fax machine is the first thing he saw apon entering his house...giveing his Gurl a kiss on the lips as she went off for a shower he tore the message of off the machchine and read it clsely...Sieken sighed sitting down in his cough and switched on the TV....Sanis requested his help..but from the last time they met, there were not truely pon good terms although he did protect sanis::
http://www16.brinkster.com/nuime/others/Sieken_Kasstra.JPG

Azure Regalia
Jul 30th, 2001, 08:31:19 PM
The Bounty Hunter preferred the relative fast get-away the orbital docks provided, thus she kept her ship berthed there while in the Coruscant system.

By Coruscant time, it was morning. Time to start another day. The Hunter stretched lazily on her bed, and sat up, scratching lightly behind her neck. As she made her way to the refresher, she checked her wall-mounted computer in her quarters. No messages. Good. She hated to see anything before her sonic shower and breakfast.

Quickly jumping into the fresher unit, she cleaned up and was out in five minutes time. She made her way to the small kitchenette in the lounge/cargo area, and made herself a quick breakfast.

She finished preparing her meal, and was just about to sit down and eat it when the comm light on the computer terminal against the wall started blinking. She grumbled, and began to ignore it as she started eating her breakfast. Yet, between each bite she kept looking at it blink and blink and blink. Normally she could ingore such things easily, especially before breakfast. But something told her to check this one out.

She stood, leaving her breakfast at the small table, and walked to the computer terminal. Hitting the receive button, she read the message. Both eyebrows went up in unison as she finished reading the message, shutting off the comm. She stood there looking at the blank screen a moment longer before shuffling back to the table to finish her breakfast.

She sat herself down and ate her breakfast automatically as her mind went over what the message had been. Sanis Prent, of all people, had requested she come to his office at the Sector Rangers Corp. What in the Core he would want from her was beyond her, but she was more than intrigued to find out.

Quickly finishing her meal, she cleaned up, and briskly walked to sit at the pilot's seat. There she disengaged herself from the orbital dock, requesting a planet side landing bay, and proceeded to angle her ship towards Coruscant.

Time to find out what this invitation was all about.

edit~ sig too big. needs to be within 30k limit

Lady DeVille
Jul 31st, 2001, 01:51:02 AM
De'Ville was sitting down with a mug of chai tea when the console of her Inflitrator flashed that she had received a transmission. She set the drink down, and brought up the message. It was short, text only, and surprising, to say the least.

Prent wants to talk business? She laughed to herself as she sipped her drink. I'll show him business. The business end of a blaster maybe.

She slapped the control panel, and brought the ship out of hyperspace to change course. Unfinished business should always be finished. And he was inviting her over.

This should be interesting. De'Ville plotted the vectors to Coruscant into the navicomp.

SAURRON
Jul 31st, 2001, 08:38:59 PM
Sanis peered into glowing irides, which were in turn peering back at him. Saurron steepled his fingers in thought for a brief moment while leaning back in the overly stuffed chair, then rose and walked over to the automatic sliding transparasteel door that lead to his balcony. The Coruscant skies traffic had slowed somewhat due to what time it was but this being Coruscant there were still plenty of craft littered about speeding to and fro.

The door slid open, and the wind blew the night air in causing Saurron's cloaks to rise slightly. Saurron turned to Sanis...

Favors are usually asked of friends Mr. Prent...what is it you want.

Sanis Prent
Jul 31st, 2001, 09:49:07 PM
(Sanis winced somewhat at the vampire's comment. True, favors were usually reserved for friends, and if there was anybody who Sanis would rather stay out of a friendly circle with, it was Saurron. However, Sanis knew the vampire knew certain things...things that Sanis would also need to know, in the future turn of events.

With his voice low, Sanis gestured to the desk at the edge of the wall.)

There is a picture of a woman there. Take it. I'm sure you recognize the face.

If you want Leia served on a silver platter...then I want every iota of information you have on that blonde. Everything. From every pair of socks she owns to every Rodian she's shagged. If its got a story, I want to hear it.

If you do that...I'll return the favor, and waive the fee on Leia.

SAURRON
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:06:06 PM
With a waive of a hand the nights air ceased to enter the penthouse on high. Saurron proceeded to where Sanis had directed him. A pale hand ending in razor sharp nails grasped the picture. A thumb crossed the image captured there for him to see.

Without a glance Saurron's voice broke the momentary silence...

What a wicked web we weave...

Finally Saurron's eyes shifted to Sanis's.

Interesting...to say the least...info for info. I am intrigued, and yes I know much about this one.

Sanis Prent
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:29:50 PM
OOC: Sieken...the meeting takes place the next day. Its still roughly 30 minutes since the message was sent to you

IC:

(Sanis allowed a corner of his mouth to turn upwards in a half-smile.)

I only finish what others start. She has nobody to blame but her own stupidity.

As for when the whirlwind is reaped...I'll leave that to my imagination.

A fitting price for my services?

SAURRON
Aug 1st, 2001, 12:07:12 AM
Yes fitting indeed...her misfortune will be the fortune of the Darkside.

Saurron once again made his way to the balcony.

Coordinates will be sent to you for a meeting to pick up the information you seek as soon as I leave...two weeks from now I will give you what you need for your...vengence...in return I want to know where the Princess Leia is ...and is going... at all times...

Sanis Prent
Aug 1st, 2001, 12:17:26 AM
(Sanis leered)

Saurron, I'm sure I could even get the good lady's cup size, if thats what you had in mind.

Consider her covered

(He pointed)

Just make sure you deliver like the pony express.

(With a smile Sanis finished)

Leaving...the long way?

Clive Jerrard
Aug 1st, 2001, 04:04:23 PM
(Clive was sound asleep. Not even a ground quake would have woken him up. Now, a blaster being cocked had the opposite effect. His subconscious heard it and he was up and armed before he'd even opened his eyes. Cracking an eye open, he spoke to no one in particular save for the rooms computer.)

Lights.

(The lights came on slowly so as not to blind him. He'd set it to do as much. Sweeping the room, he found no one in there. No intruder, which he belatedly realized the alarm would have caught. No blaster being aimed at his cranium. No threat what-so-ever.)

(He lowered his blaster and scratched his head, running a hand through his bed hair. He hadn't been hearing things. And he certainly hadn't been dreaming. He'd heard something.)

(Then it hit him. He slammed his blaster on the night stand, grumbling, and walked over to the comm terminal on the opposite side of the bed.)

Idiot!

(He sighed and rubbed a hand over his face. He'd forgotten he'd set the comm sound to his private frequency to be that of a blaster being cocked only just a few days ago. He wanted to see how it would work. Obviously, it worked just fine, and nearly gave him a heart attack.)

(He plopped himself in the terminals seat and read the message. He blinked rapidly as the bright letters scrolled by. Luckily, even if his natural eye hadn't caught the message, his enhanced, mechanical eye behind the one-way eye patch had.)

(He shut the comm off and scratched his head again, looking at the chronometer. What sane man would send a message at close to 2 in the morning?! Then he reasoned with himself that it had been Sanis who'd sent the message. Therefore, a man far from being sane. Ok, it made sense.)

(He shuffled back towards his bed, placing his blaster back under his pillow. He'd be there at the meeting. Wonder what Sanis wants? He closed his eyes, and sighed deeply, feeling sleep begin to once again capture him.)

(Clive pulled the covers over his head, and made a mental note to change the sound to the comm terminal the next morning.)

sig needs to stay within 30k limits

Raunkks
Aug 1st, 2001, 04:23:13 PM
(The large black reptile kept tinkering with the new slicing equipment he had just recently received the day before. It was late at night, or early in the morning; depending on your point of view. Barabel's didn't require much sleep.)

(As Raunkks worked, he heard a thump upstairs in the living quarters. He stopped momentarily to look up at the ceiling. Had there really been a problem, there would have already been blaster fire. And had there been an intruder, he would have smelled him even before he'd had a chance to walk across the street.)

(Shrugging, he went back to his tinkering. He sighed, satisfied with his work, and was just about to place the cover over the machines inards, when the small comm light on his data pad began to flash. It wasn't odd to be getting calls and messages at odd hours in the day, or night, for him. So, he didn't pay the light much attention until he'd finished screwing in the last bolt on the slicer box.)

(Setting the box aside with a pleased grunt, Raunkks leaned back in his over-sized chair, picked up his data pad, and hit a button to start the download of the message. He sat there for a moment, reading the contents of the message. The sharp, scaley ridge over his right eye went up slightly, as he smiled a very sharp, very toothy grin. Sanis Prent wanted to meet with him. This should prove interesting.)

(Raunkks set the data pad down and placed his large, muscular arms behind his head. The last time he'd met Mr. Prent was when the man had been drunk. Very drunk as Raunkks recalled. Yes, a meeting with Mr. Prent would be most intriguing. Not to mention profitable, if the information Raunkks had pulled up on the man had been true.)

(The reptile stretched. He'd get a few hours shut-eye. Then it'd be time to see what this meeting was all about.)

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Aug 1st, 2001, 11:54:52 PM
She feigned sickness that night and was able to sneak out of room. Packed with enough clothes for a few days and creds to get her to Coruscant, Aliya hoped that she would make it to the meeting in time. She would be cutting it close.

Gazing out the window, the shuttle was already in hyperspace and enroute to the center of this galaxy. She cupped her chin in her hand, elbow on her chair and wondered what the hell she was getting herself into now.

SAURRON
Aug 3rd, 2001, 01:50:50 AM
Saurron chuckled, Sanis was serious enough but in seconds Saurron could have broken every bone in his hand with one crushing grip.

Returning the smile Saurron retorted mildly.

The long way to some...the short way to others, enjoy your rest Mr. Prent.

Once again Sanis received a toothy grin as Saurrons fangs commanded his attention.

Without a backward glance the door slid open silently...two steps...a vault...and the late night visitor was gone as mysteriously as he came...

Sanis Prent
Aug 3rd, 2001, 11:47:19 AM
(Sanis approached his balcony window, trying to catch a last glimpse of Saurron. However, not suprisingly, the vampire was nowhere to be seen. Shrugging it off, Sanis closed his sliding glass door and latched it shut, not like it would really be of any consequence. If somebody was going to make it all 400+ stories up here...they'd also be able to get in a glass door.

Walking back to bed, Sanis dimmed the lights. With the alcohol subsiding, the light caused his eyes to ache, and he needed to be in bed anyways.

Tomorrow would be a long day.)

Next Day

(Sanis adjusted his well-tailored suit in the mirror. Confident at his professional appareance, he snatched up his briefcase, and prepared to head down to the 24th floor. In 30 minutes, he was to meet with a nefarious bunch, indeed. He would have to make the best sales pitch of his career if this was to go as planned.)

Lady DeVille
Aug 4th, 2001, 03:02:02 AM
De'Ville stalked through the corridors of the Sector Rangers, remembering her meeting so many months ago with that Cizerack woman...Sasseeri? She had been with the Lady Vader then, subordinate as always in her role at TSO.

Now, however, TSO had no strings attatched to her. Her power was her own power, to use whenever and however she liked. De'Ville checked the numbers on the doors. She was getting near where the piece of fluff at the front desk had directed her. Twenty-fourth floor... she stopped in mid stride, turning and entering the ladies room.

Five minutes later De'Ville was staring herself in the mirror as she fixed her hair in the bathroom. Hold yourself together, Lilaena. The nausea of morning sickness tended to hit at this time every day, not to mention she now seemed to have a bladder the size of a peanut. Generally she was able to keep her breakfasts down, but healing herself in the Force was not a strong point.

Meeting Sanis Prent was enough to make her furious. He had double crossed her at their last "business" meeting, and poisoned her to boot. The nanites were still in her body, and whoever had hired Prent was still out there, with the voice activation sequence that would kill her. There had to be a way to remove the nanites, but she could not detect them in the Force. An apprentice at the Black Hand had showed her how her own body marked the thousands of nanites as unknown entities, white blood cells attacking the intruders.

She had yet to successfully remove one. Lilaena punched the mirror in frustration, the glass splintering in a spiderweb across the surface. The woman licked a line of blood off her hand, and walked out, and towards the meeting.

Azure Regalia
Aug 4th, 2001, 04:19:24 AM
The Bounty Hunter made it a point to be punctual, and was already seated at the long table that she had been directed to by one of the attendants at the door. The table was in a lightly furnished, though rather ornate, room on the 24th floor of the Sector Rangers offices. She hadn't been waiting there long before other varying beings began to fill the room.

All through out her waiting, she'd been pondering why she'd been asked to this meeting. And, still for the life of her, she couldn't figure out the what or the why. What she did know was there was most likely a good sum of money involved in all of this, somehow. After all, it was Sanis Prent who had called the meeting.

She continued to watch each individual come in and take a seat. Always alert.

sig is too big~

Joel Hardy
Aug 5th, 2001, 03:43:38 PM
The Nebula Chaser landed slowly on the ground, pushing the dirt and dust away with a seemingly invisible force. Moments later a dorr slid open to reveal Joel Hardy. The man walked out onto the ledged side and jumped down onto the ground, cusioning his fall with the force.

He was shortly followed by Vekaar Vekin, the man who had organised most of this. Joel looked at him and smiled.

We're three minutes early. He said before breathing in deeply, and letting it out slowly. You ready for this?

personal pic and sig are way over the limit~

Clive Jerrard
Aug 6th, 2001, 03:55:27 AM
(Dressed, pressed, and trimmed, Clive walked down from the living area above his weapons shop. He walked by the shops window to make sure the security was still locked up and tight. The shop wouldn't be opening for its usual hours this morning due to the fact he had a meeting with Sanis Prent.)

(He was about to walk into the back room that would lead to the garage when he remembered he'd wanted to change the comm sound on his computer board up in his bedroom. He huffed a sigh and wrote himself a note, tacking it to the cork board next to the doorway to the back room. He'd take care of it later. He didn't want to be late for this meeting.)

(Once again heading for the door, he was about to press the door release button, when Raunkks came through. Clive met the large reptiles chest plates head on, causing him to stumble backwards a few steps while rubbing his nose.)

Dammit, Raunkks! You'll wrinkle the suit!

(He continued rubbing his nose, belatedly thinking he should've said something about almost breaking his nose too.)

sig is over the 30k limit

Raunkks
Aug 6th, 2001, 04:01:13 AM
(Raunkks hardly felt the human's head bang against his chest, but he did realize that there was someone in front of him, and stopped his purposful walk so as not to bowl over the man anymore than neccessary.)

(He reached a large hand out, steadying the man.)

Sorry bout that, CJ. Didn't see you there.

(He brushed the suit gently.)

And the suit looks fine.

(The ridges over his yellow eyes creased, coming together to appear as one large bony plate.)

Where are you off to so early in the morning? And so well dressed?

(As he spoke, Raunkks reached towards the counter and plucked a small carry case from there, swinging the strap over his shoulder.)

Clive Jerrard
Aug 6th, 2001, 04:09:30 AM
(Clive finished rubbing his nose, wiggling it a little bit as he spoke.)

I'm off to a meeting with Sanis Prent. Got a message from him early this morning...

(He stopped, noticing the reptile was smiling. Come to think of it, he looked like he was ready to go out himself.)

Wait a minute... You got a message from him to, didn't you?

(He watched as Raunkks shook his massive head in the affirmative. Well, then this meeting would definitely be interesting. Perhaps others would be there also.)

Well, then, in that case why don't we carpool. Save a bit of pollution from infesting Coruscant's air any further.

(Not that he cared.)

(Clive led the way towards his sporty speeder. Might as well go in a vehicle to match the suit. And Raunkks being completely covered in black scales matched everything. Lucky bastard.)

(He sat himself in the drivers seat and started the speeder as Raunkks hopped into the oversized passenger seat.)

sig is too big, please shrink it down before posting it again~

Raunkks
Aug 6th, 2001, 04:14:03 AM
(Raunkks chuckled deeply in his throat at Clive's comment about not throwing more pollution into Coruscant's air. As far as his nose was concerned, there was no hope for the planet's air to ever be cleansed.)

(Raunkks followed his human companion towards the speeder, and sat himself in the passenger's seat. Clive had had the sense of having the seat custom made for him. Rather nice of the fellow.)

(The large reptile latched himself into the seat as the speeder lurched in the direction of the Sector Ranger's offices.)

Clive Jerrard
Aug 6th, 2001, 04:22:17 AM
(Clive and Raunkks arrived at the Sector Ranger's offices shortly before the hour of the meeting.)

(Quickly parking the speeder inside the parking structure for the Sector Ranger's offices, both he and the large reptile made their way towards the lobby. There, the receptionist directed them to where the meeting was to be held.)

(Reaching the 24th floor, Clive stepped through the door, graciously opened to him by one of the attendants there. Walking inside, he quickly surveyed the area without so much as turning his head. He let his mechanical eye behind the eyepatch do the work.)

(There were indeed others there of varying caliber. Some he could for sure know what their line of work was. Others he had to guess.)

(Finally feeling all was in order, he walked towards two empty seats. He himself sat in one, while Raunkks took the other.)

(Now all he had to do was wait until Sanis himself showed up to explain to them all what this meeting was about.)

Raunkks
Aug 6th, 2001, 04:27:27 AM
(Raunkks followed his friend through the building until they reached the 24th floor, and the designated room for the meeting.)

(As the door opened, Raunkks was able to veiw the room over Clive's head. He took a few large sniffs, taking in the varying smells of the room and species within. He sensed no deception or trouble, and continued to follow Clive.)

(The large reptile took the seat next to Clive, wiggling slightly to fit his large frame into the seat. It was a tight fit, but a bareable one.)

(He waited silently to see what would come next, eyeing each individual in the room.)

Sanis Prent
Aug 7th, 2001, 12:20:18 AM
(Punctual to the minute, the heavy mahogany sliding doors parted with a whisper, and Sanis walked into the room. He smiled in a personable manner, looking at those who were here, and those who were absent. Not everybody was interested, and if they were...some prefered to be fashionably late. It was perfectly fine. Sanis had a fair amount of patience, but for those in attendance, he would get to the point.

Taking a seat at the head of the table, he began.)

Gentlemen....Ladies...thank you for coming, and welcome to the Sector Rangers.

(He smiled)

My employer, Miss Sasseeri Reeouurra, gives you her regards, and her sincerest apologies in not being able to attend. Business in the Arkanis sector is keeping her from all Coruscant activities for quite some time.

You may ask why you are here. Some I have met before. Some on good terms, and others...

(Sanis glances at Azure)

...on not-so-good terms.

(He continued)

However...I have an eye for talent, and I wouldn't have sent you a message at all if I didn't recognize that each and every one of you were worth a damn at what you do.

I also know something else...

(Opening his briefcase, Sanis pulls out a handful of credit chits, and scatters them onto the table. The value was in the thousands...but more for show than anything.)

...you all have an eye for making a lot of money.

(As the chits stopped clattering, Sanis waited for silence)

Welcome...

...to Prent Enterprises, Incorporated.

(Crossing his arms, Sanis smirks)

Now, who here wants to hear more?

Raunkks
Aug 7th, 2001, 12:28:38 AM
(Watching the credit chits scatter across the table was enough to make the bony ridges over Raunkks reptilian eyes rise up on his bony forehead.)

(Grinning widely, revealing sharp, gleaming fangs, he nodded towards Sanis.)

(He was very interested in hearing more.)

Clive Jerrard
Aug 7th, 2001, 12:34:52 AM
(Having seated himself relatively close to where Sanis had sat himself, it was easy to assume the chits would scatter past him. With his right hand, he reached out and snagged one of the small, plastic rectangles. Lifting it up, he watched the light glint off of it's semi-shiny surface, before he set it back down.)

I learned a long time ago that anything to do with large amounts of currency was worth listening to. By all means, please continue.

Lady DeVille
Aug 7th, 2001, 03:05:21 AM
De'Ville stared at the cascade of credits with a look of disinterest, and looked instead at the man scattering them. Didn't get a chit of my money, did you Prent. Who did pay you, I wonder? She shifted in her seat, and raised an eyebrow.

I'm surrounded by scum, people who would kill their own mother for money. Why am I here? Even as she thought it, she knew the answer. Because he owns you, De'Ville. These he can buy with money, but you already belong to him. These criminals might kill for money, but she would do so, and had done so for principles...and sometimes for no reason at all. I'm just another asset.

She kept her eyes on Prent, trying to figure out what he needed her for. The others she ignored.

Vekaar Vekin
Aug 7th, 2001, 04:31:08 PM
"I'd like to here more."

(The doors swung open as Vekaar Vekin walked in, followed by Joel Hardy. The man wore a dark green trenchcoat, along with a white baseball cap. Vekaar had turned it backward, as some teenagers did. Although Vekaar wasn't a teenager. The man was about 27, although his goatee made him look a little older.)

"Excuse the tardiness, although you'll be glad to hear I didn't miss a drop."

(Vekaar reached into his pocket and pulled out an audio recorder. He pressed the rewind button and waited a few minutes. Then the familiar voice of Sanis Prent filled the room as Vekin pressed play.

He stopped the tape and put it back in his pocket. Vekaar took out a glitterstick and lit it, observing the place. He moved across the room to one of the empty seats, casually puffing on his glitterstick. Joel followed him, and soon enough they were both seated.)

"So what concoction have you cooked up now Mr. Prent? It's been a long time, nice to see you in such good condition."

(The Broker rested his head back and reached into his pocket.)

<font size=1>Click.

<font size=2>(His eyes danced across the room as he stared at each individual. The Broker allowed his eyes to take mental "pictures" of every single person present. These people were obviously important, if Sanis Prent had called for them.)

Azure Regalia
Aug 7th, 2001, 05:40:14 PM
The Bounty Hunter narrowed her eyes as Sanis looked briefly in her direction at the mention of shady alliances. She disliked being singled out.

She smirked slightly. At least he hadn't forgotten.

Now with this meeting, she was intrigued. She didn't need to say anything for him to know to continue. Her remaining seated and attentive was proof enough she was interested in hearing the rest of what the outlaw had to say.

Sanis Prent
Aug 14th, 2001, 03:38:27 PM
(Sanis smiled, although grimacing at Vekaar's use of a microcassette recorder. If there were taboos in the industry...audio evidence was a damnable one.)

Mr. Vekin...not to burst your bubble, but...

(Sanis made a gesture to a figure in the background in a nondescript pair of green coveralls)

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Aug 14th, 2001, 03:47:30 PM
With a nearly-inaudible growl of resentment, Cirrsseeto strode forward to the table. As much as he could barely tolerate the Hyuu-mann Sanis' scent, his mistress was explicitly clear in the fact that he should cooperate with him. After all, the two were business partners, and as much as Cirrsseeto may hate the man, to interfere with his mistress' business was unspeakable. Therefore...he begrudgingly did the little man's bidding...although the thought of sinking his fangs into the man's neck occasionally made him smile.

The arrogant forrda had told him that it was important that the meeting was secure. This meant that no fighting or anything was to interfere. It also meant that the meeting was closed to the outside. He distinctly remembered Sanis' concern for this. So when Sanis gestured at the bearded Hyuu-mann and his sound device, Cirrsseeto understood the meaning of it all. Lumbering over to the trenchcoat-clad man, Cirrsseeto gently but firmly grabbed him by the collar of his jacket, hoisting him into the air, where he could pull the recorder from Vekaar's pocket. As he did so, he locked his ice-blue eyes on Vekaar, his elongated fangs shining slightly as he took hold of the recorder.

Seating the Hyuu-mann again, Cirrsseeto walked over to Sanis, and handed him the device. Without another word, he returned to standing against the wall, fluttering his ears slightly

Sanis Prent
Aug 14th, 2001, 04:25:51 PM
...no flash photography or audio recorders allowed, please. Its nothing personal, just shy away from keeping this stuff on tab.

(Sanis casually ejects the cassette from the device, and tosses it back to Vekaar.)

Now, where was I?

(He smiled, and began to walk around)

I'm sure you've noticed that we are on Sector Rangers property. To be honest...I am obliged to the Sector Rangers wishes, and those of Sasseeri Reeouurra in particular. Now, this means that I am in charge of all inbound and outbound assets coming through Imperial Center.

(Sanis smiled)

The trick is...these assets are checked bi-monthly by SR representatives.

(A hologram popped up, showing several important figures)

This means, that at any given time within every two months, I have roughly...90 million credits to watch over as Regional Director here.

(Sanis shuts the holo off)

What this doesn't say is what happens to these credits in between checkups.

(He smiles)

Meaning....the money can be...shall we say...invested.

(Sanis sits down)

Oh, I know what you're thinking..."Embezzlement!" "Corporate Robbery", and so forth. And yes, you are technically correct. Sasseeri Reeouurra would eat me alive if she knew where this money would be going...which is indirectly straight into our pockets.

(He glanced around the table)

And that includes your pockets. I am taking a gigantic risk signing you on as "investors"....but this risk will bring returns that nobody here has ever seen.

I have acquired information that, if played correctly, can guarantee that each of you here will walk away with at least one million credits in an unmarked Bothan bank account.

Is that worth the risk involved? Don't think of it as screwing over the Sector Rangers, and risking getting killed. Think of it as doing the company a favor, and diversifying their portfolio.

Miss Reeouurra....she'll thank you later, I'm sure.

Morgan Evanar
Aug 14th, 2001, 04:57:05 PM
"YoUu haAvEe aNnnn inteREsting outlook on life, Mister Prent." Morgan stated as the light around him righted itself. He leaned back into the corner he was near. Quiet surprise was recorded on almost everyone's faces, excluding Sanis himself, who half smiled.

"Now one million credits is quite a lot of money. Quite a lot. And I'm all about corporate robbery. Rob from the rich and give to me."

Morgan neatly lept into the air, pulled the empty chair nearest to himself out from under the table, and landed in the seat with his feet up. He placed his hands behind his head, and half the room had begun to pull their blasters. Cautious, this bunch. It'll keep us alive longer.

"I'm interested. Lets hear more."

Sanis Prent
Aug 14th, 2001, 05:12:36 PM
(Sanis grinned....good. At least the thought of pain, incarceration, or death wasn't shying the crowd away. Not that Sanis expected it to. He'd done his homework, and knew that these were pro players.

A clattering sound echoed as a dark dataslip dropped to the table)

Falling into obscure back-pages of press releases a few months ago, an unimportant Imperial Commandant at Oord Mantell went....on extended leave.

(Sanis grinned)

He entrusted me with this...

(He slid the dataslip into a reader, and several bits of information came up, most notably three columns of numbers, which could be identified as quantities of credits, and their adjoining sub-credit totals.)

These are three un-named joint money market accounts, valid within Bothauwi banks. Notice the absence of names present on the tickets. The Bothans cater to customers who value their privacy...and apparently, our Commandant was a very private individual. The same goes for the co-signer on all three of these accounts. They keep their name away in similar style.

(Sanis points to the end of one of the columns. It indicates 42 subcredits on a deposit made 3 years ago. Sliding his finger down, he shows that the next withdrawal in that account is in an amount also ending in 42 subcredits. Continuing to pan down, he shows that every withdrawal and deposit in all three accounts keeps this same pattern, for three years.)

Now, why would anybody pull 42 subcredits out with each withdrawal and put it in with each deposit? Maybe they wanted a drink from a vending machine, or maybe its a signal.

(Sanis grinned, tapping his head)

Forty-two subcredits is a signal in stim-running. It tips on an order request and a delivery notice.

So, from what I'm seeing here....our Imperial friend has been dealing in very dirty assets for a good three years.

What I intend to do...is keep the game alive.

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Aug 14th, 2001, 11:46:30 PM
The large obsidian doors slid open with a pronounced whoosh as Aliya strides in. All eyes were on her and she could feel her cheeks burn slightly from embarrassment. Not only did it take forever for her to arrive here, this idiotic planet had the worse transit system that made no sense. You would think coming from a big system like Ralltiir, Aliya would pick up the workings of Coruscant with simple ease.

No.

Mr. Prent was just finishing his statement when he looked over at her. She straightened her black jacket unconsciously, "Forgive my tardiness."

Her eyes caught the persons sitting behind Mr. Prent. Her visage was of perfect calm as she realized she knew not even one of these faces. Aliya had been out of the loop for too long.

Sanis Prent
Aug 15th, 2001, 12:14:36 AM
(Sanis paused in his speech, watching the professionally-dressed woman. Of all the people he had gathered here...he gambled most of all on her. The others, he knew of their capabilities from first-hand experience. With Vahlshalynn, it was Sanis taking somebody else at his word. For somebody as fond of casinos as Prent, he found that this kind of gambling just didn't suit him at all.

He hoped she would deliver as much as he expected.)

Glad you could make it, Aliya.

(Sanis gestured)

Sit, please. We were just getting to the heart of the matter.

What we need...is somebody who is accustomed to Imperial procedures, but aloof enough from standard Imperial chains of command as to not be noticed on a neutral point such as a Bothauwi bank.

(All the while, Sanis kept his eyes on Aliya)

We need somebody to convincingly set up a transaction for our Imperial Commandant. I'm afraid most of us here have certain criminal backgrounds which might make this cumbersome.

Most of us, that is.

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Aug 15th, 2001, 01:33:24 PM
A polite smile and then a nod to Sanis followed his response. Aliya then looked at the ensemble, trying to find a free seat. She was quietly thankful that she didn't half to sit near the blue freak of an alien female then sighed inwardly when there wasn't one available near the rather attractive human male wearing the trench. All that was left was a seat back at the end by the cat alien creature. Adjusting the purse under her arm, she made her way over there. Being born Imperial, Aliya was born biased against such creatures like this Cizerack. Her racism was not as deeply rooted as her father's. At least she saw merit in working with such things. All beings had their uses.

She was only have listening to what Sanis was saying but from the tone and words that he was using, Aliya knew it was her he was talking about.

It was easy to hide the sneer that wanted to come across her face as she passed the Cizerack. Such an open display of displeasure wouldn't do well for her right now. Aliya took her seat and crossed her right leg over left, ample leg showing as she was wearing a shirt ... matching her jacket. Placing her purse on the edge of the table, she brought her hands to the back of her hair and made sure that it was still well kept.

Her lips twitched in amusement to the end of Mr. Prent's statement.

"Are we trying to hint at something, Mr Prent?"

Sanis Prent
Aug 15th, 2001, 01:43:03 PM
(Sanis smiled at Aliya in a knowing manner, and made a small gesture in Cirrsseeto's direction.)

Cirrsseeto Raurrssatta
Aug 15th, 2001, 01:48:39 PM
Knowing that this was the female that Sanis intended, Cirrsseeto turned to look at her. With her odd fur coloring and unique scent, she would not be difficult to pick out in a crowd. Simple enough, he supposed. As he considered this, he reached a clawed hand into a pocket, pulling out a blue and white elongated dataslip. He slid it on the table, until it was in front of her. He spoke quietly enough.

Thjisss jisss forrr jyou.

Sanis Prent
Aug 15th, 2001, 01:59:33 PM
(Sanis could see the bewilderment on her face. After all, she didn't have all the information....not yet, at least.)

Its a Ferry ticket, Aliya. To Bothauwi. I have errands there for you.

(Sanis removed the dataslip from the reader that held the Commandant bank accounts. Tossing it to Vahlshalynn, he reached into a pocket, removing a currently-unauthorized credit chit. Sighing to himself, Sanis mumbled)

Frell...I hope I know what I'm doing.

(Slowly, he thumbed in a value onto the chit, and authorized it with a thumbstamp. Sliding it across the polished table to Aliya, he waited for her response as she looked at the chit's value.

Thirty-five million, seven hundred and eighty thousand, two hundred credits, and forty-two subcredits.)

I want you to make a deposit for me.

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Aug 15th, 2001, 04:48:23 PM
The only reaction from reading the amount on the credit chit was a raised brow. Oh yes, she was quite impressed at the size of this soon to be deposit but Mr. Prent's assumptions that she was working for him already was something that she wasn't impressed with.

She looked over the ticket and then placed it on the table, pushing it aside.

"I am automatically part of this?"

Aliya leaned back in her chair and then folded her hands, keeping the thumbs out where they pressed together.

"I do not quite remember agreeing to anything yet. Granted, I was late, but I need more information then just this and of course ... what is in it for me."

Lady DeVille
Aug 15th, 2001, 06:43:21 PM
De'Ville shifted uncomfortably in the conference chair, and quieted her nausea with the Force. Evanar was here as well, which made things even more interesting than before. She caught his eye, and nodded imperceptibly. He didn't move, but she knew he acknowledged her presence.

Evanar had a slicer background, making him an asset to this money laundering/embezzelment scheme. How he knew Prent was another mystery, but De'Ville hadn't gotten to where she was by being stupid.

Wait, yes I did. She signed, shifted again, and studied the rangy Cizerack male. He seemed familiar, as if she had seen him somewhere before. The business woman was still talking to Prent. I hope this isn't a waste of my time.

Sanis Prent
Aug 15th, 2001, 06:51:27 PM
More information, huh?

(Sanis shrugged)

Well, you didn't miss much. Essentially...we've got a prime opportunity at squeezing our feet into the door of the biggest glitterstim cartel in the Outer Rim. What I've asked from you is simply to...how shall I say...knock on the door.

(Sanis walked around the table to her)

Benefits...well, I can't sum up everything, but if our plans go off perfectly, the short-term benefits will be at least one million credits for you.

Long term....well, we'll see about that. I can make you very very rich...if you want to see what lies ahead.

Azure Regalia
Aug 16th, 2001, 03:28:07 AM
OOC: Pssst... Sanis... it was Obroa-Skai ;)

IC:

The Bounty Hunter sat back as the corner of her lips curled into a tiny sneer. Yes, she remembered the early retirment of the Commandant. She'd helped to ensure his retirment had been early.

The smile faded as her eyes inperceptively swept over the people at the table. Some she recognized as being Force users, making her instinctively raise a very small Force-nullifying bubble around her mind to keep them out of her head. The rest she recongized as outlaws and scum from various worlds and occupations.

Her eyes stopped roaming and fell on the man with the eye patch. She didn't recognize his large reptilian companion, but the man himself kept knawing a corner of her memory. Where had she seen his face before? It wasn't recently. No, it was many years ago, when she was still an assassin turning bounty hunter. Which means it would have had to have been when she was in the Corellian system.

She couldn't pin it at the moment and let the nagging at her brain rest. She would remember in time.

She brought herself back to the meeting, listening as Sanis gave out his first job to a woman dressed in what could be a business suit. Though with another glance, the Hunter's instincts told her this woman was much more deadly than just a meer accountant or secretary. The tiny sneer returned. Where in the Core did Sanis find all these characters?

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Aug 17th, 2001, 01:57:28 AM
She considered her options and glanced at the ticket and credit chit.

"I see. Tempting the offer is but somehow I do not think I am the only one that is part of this plan."

Her eyes glanced around the room.

"What is everyone else's part in this? Undermining this drug cartel is dangerous. One slip up and we are all finished. The wrath of a Hutt is not something I am willing to stake my reputation on and I doubt you would either.

What exactly is this money going to be used for from this spice operation, Mr. Prent?"

Morgan Evanar
Aug 17th, 2001, 03:30:41 AM
"Excuse me Miss Aliya, but I need to address something before we go farther."

Everyone paused, and looked over at Morgan, who had taken his feet off the table, and leaned forward.

"Somone has something that is screwing with the Force. I think its you..." he swung his gaze twoard Azure, one of concern but not of accusation.

"Please, try and keep it toned down. And I can't read your thoughts, anyway."

OOC: Morgan uses the force to predict movement, which is one of the reasons he is so effective in combat. I'm assuming the bubble encompasses most of your head, and its still a blank spot where he can't feel for something, its like there is something missing in your bedroom, and you just can't place what is it, because its something like a big book on your shelf that you don't often use.

Azure Regalia
Aug 17th, 2001, 04:29:08 AM
OOC: Morgan, I said the bubble was around my mind, to put it more bluntly, around my brain, therefore it's not interfereing with your abilities. It is stationary and not encompasing the entire room. It is not hindering you in any way.

IC:

She eyed the man who had spoken, and it didn't take a genius to know he was talking to her. She smiled, trying to make it polite, but failing marginally.

It is toned down, only surrounding my head like a tight glove. For you to notice it would mean you were intruding on my personal space.

Her smile faded.

I will keep what is mine, to myself. As to your last statement, you'll excuse me if I keep my thoughts on that to myself as well.

With that, she fell silent once more, ignoring the man, and setting her attention back on Sanis. But she never the less kept him in her periferal vision.

Vekaar Vekin
Aug 17th, 2001, 10:45:43 AM
(Vekaar spared a glance to the two Force users lightly squabbling with each other. Joel was a Force user, and he knew what kind of powers they had, although the Force still seemed strange to him.

It had been quite a while since he had pocketed his now empty audio recorder. Sanis' Cizerack thug had disposed of the tape, but was nice enough to leave Vekaar with the recorder. He counted himself lucky. The Broker wasn't exactly the wealthiest man around. He barely scraped by these days, by doing a few odd jobs with Joel.)

"I'm very interested in your proposal Mr. Prent."

(He spoke out, causing a few heads to turn. Vekaar had been silent since his arrival. This was usually his attitude when others spoke of their proposals. He had concentrated on listening to every single word coming out of Sanis' mouth. In mere miliseconds their meanings sunk into his brain. Then Prent proceeded to provide numericals. Vekaar almost leapt out of his chair when he heard the phrase "One Million credits".

If only I had brought that Sclipune along, I could be recording this without Sanis even knowing, Vekaar thought to himself. He was referring to the Vong weaponry he had been able to obtain during his 6 month "vacation" in their slave camp.)

"I only have two questions concerning this. One, will we be given any weapons or equipment to complete these tasks, or can we use our own? Two, where do I fit into all of this?"

(The Broker took the glitterstick from his mouth and set it down on the ash tray placed before him. He shifted his full attention to Sanis, awaiting an answer.)

Sanis Prent
Aug 17th, 2001, 12:11:39 PM
(Sanis grinned at the commotion. These people weren't stupid...and they definitely had played these games before. They wanted to know the whole story...from A to Z. It was only natural...Sanis would want the same if it came to him doing somebody else's dirty laundry. Because in this business...you never knew if a handshake was a prelude to a knife in the back.

Standing up, Sanis raised a hand slightly, as if to settle all the questions.)

Alright, alright....so you all want to know where exactly this gravy train is going, and how long the line is.

(He glanced to Aliya)

Aliya is going to make a sizeable deposit in the Commandant's accounts at Bothauwi. If I recognize the tipoff, then the co-signer on all three of those accounts is a member of the Hutt glitterstim cartel. The way it works is...a buyer places a deposit in a joint account. Of course, if both co-signers check the balances regularly, they will be able to note when this is done. Its a knock on the door...and the Hutts would know within a day that an order had been placed. From that point, a withdrawal would be made...essentially a knock back on the door. The buyer would be led to a drop point...usually one of the small resort moons in Hutt space. The Hutts aren't stupid enough to expose the location of their cache straight to customers. Its roughly half the galactic load of stim...give or take. So, what they do is skim the interest earned off the other two idle accounts, and pay off a middle man. For about five years, I pulled those kinds of jobs. I'd meet in a few random locations with unmarked freighters, take the shipment, and ensure that it changed ownership.

So, when Aliya goes to put in an order on our behalf, we'll send a ship to Hutt space for the drop.

(Sanis glanced at Morgan and Vekaar)

Thats where you two come in. The Hutts have always been paranoid of long-range slicers pulling any information out of their systems, so they keep most of their data in a closed loop. They just don't trust transmitting things over open space, so its all accessed from one location or another. I'd wager heavily that wherever we get the drop made, there will be such a closed-loop system.

While we get the order filled, I need you to slip in...and slice everything with a power switch and a monitor. You'll be looking for a planet's coordinates...and it probably won't be easy. We're trying to go for the whole mother load...the Hutt Stim Cache.

(He smiled)

I've got a few toys on extended loan from the Sith Order that should make sure that once we find the cache...we can take all that we need.

(He looked at the others)

Azure, De'Ville, Joel....you'll be accompanying the freighter to the drop. To avoid future entanglements, we'll have to destroy some evidence.

(He smiled)

Don't worry...I'm already making arrangements.

The only thing right now that can derail this little score is Miss Reeouurra...and she's away on business, so I can handle her.

Joel Hardy
Aug 17th, 2001, 02:01:28 PM
OOC: Awww, why am I the last to make a post? :p

IC:

Joel was sitting with both legs forward in very much a casual position. He’d been listening to everything that had been said, asked and answered, yet he had said nothing. He really did have to learn to speak more. He poked his hat up with his index finger to get a good view of his companions to be. A grin covered his face as he thought to himself. Thoughts that really shouldn’t be mentioned..just yet. The words Mr. Prent spoke made sense, and at the moment Joel had no problem with it.

Joel nodded in acknowledgement as Mr. Prent stopped speaking and with an open palm rubbed the side of his chin slowly. He grinned, thinking again of the money and looked over to Vekaar to see what his reactions were. He seemed pleasant..thinking perhaps. Joel turned his gaze back to Mr. Prent and waited for his next move.

Azure Regalia
Aug 28th, 2001, 02:33:17 AM
The Bounty hunter narrowed her yellow eyes slightly. So she was to play the part of muscle on this little trip. She sniffed softly. It wasn't the first time she'd been assigned something like this, but it wasn't the most challenging of jobs.

Well, it mattered not, so long as she got paid. And now it was her time to speak.

She addressed Sanis, using the tone of voice she reserved for business.

When do we depart to make the drop, and when do we receive our payment?

Sanis Prent
Aug 31st, 2001, 06:13:01 PM
(I was waiting for a sign, something subtle or direct, heralding the sound of credit chits dancing in their heads. Aliya remained silent. Since she was the first link in the chain, it was no show until she said so. Whatever gears were turning in her head, I waited for them to spit a question in my general direction.

The question came from the chameliod, Azure. Simple enough, she wanted the whens of the equation. We were all on a timetable here...and time was as much of a factor as the money involved. Everybody played their best poker faces...if they showed too eager, I could undercut their slice of the pie. But they wanted in on it...I could bet on it. A deal this big didn't cross any of our paths often. It was enough to put even the lowest pickpocket on the map. Enough to put me on every major scene's A-list.)

Azure, the job goes down as soon as everybody agrees. We'll make the hit on the cartel within two weeks, I think.

As for payment, it'll take the market two days to adjust to the kind of prices we're looking for...and a week after that to wrap up sales, fill in for overhead, and skim the fattest profits on any deal any of you've been on.

Sieken Kasstra
Sep 1st, 2001, 12:38:52 AM
Sieken as always...was late, he jumped out from his TIE Interceptor "The Ravens Claw" shut down the canopy and started walking up the steps towards the skyscraper, of the Secter Rangers 'aww damn it sanis is going to kill me im always bloody late' he said to himself sorting out his black military clothing ans wipeing his sleepy eyes..

Sieken walked in to the main building and up to the cute reseptonist

'err im supposed to be at the meeting...umm Sanis Prent?'
'ahh Mr.Prents meeting...yes hold on a minute' she said sorting throught a few papers

'yes here it is' she finaly said after Siekens patients finaly run out 'the 24th floor, but i do need to check your ID'

Sieken gave her a fax from sanis himself with his signature at the bottom

'Ok sir you may go up, its the They both said at the same time''The 24th Floor''

'Yes i know thank you' he said strait after

after a while of searching for the damn lift Sieken made it to the 24th floor looking the brieafing room took nearly 10 minutes, he saw it..FINALY...he gave a quick kncok and walked in...Sanis's face said it all

'Yea yea i know i know..im sorry ok?'

Lady DeVille
Sep 1st, 2001, 01:27:32 AM
Lilaena rubbed her stomach under the table, and remained impassive. So I'm a hired gun this time? She didn't dare refuse to work with Prent, and the thought of all that money was very tempting by itself. She looked across the table at the bounty hunter Azure, and darkened within.

The hunter had some sort of Force dampening abilities, not unlike the ysalmiri of Mykrr. She would have to talk to her about that on the trip. When and if that mouse of a pencil pusher made up her mind.

Sieken Kasstra
Sep 1st, 2001, 03:17:05 AM
Sieken made his way to the seat bext to Morgan and sat himself down, he placed his PSG-6 (sniper-Rifle) down on the table from around his shoulder

'So Sanis what is the blue hell did you want me to travel 15 light years to come here for?' sekein said still wakieing up from his light doze

Clive Jerrard
Sep 1st, 2001, 05:35:23 AM
(Clive looked at the late comer, raising his eyebrow a bit. Not unlike some to arrive late. Not that it mattered to him anyway.)

(He looked at Sanis as soon as he had finished answering the boutny hunters question. Now he had one of his own.)

Tell me Sanis, what is it you want the rest of us to do while this little operation goes underway?

(He looked over at the woman everyone in the room was waiting for to give Sanis an answer.)

Assuming it is to go underway?

(He looked back at Sanis an then again at the business woman. Time was ticking; and ticking time was credits slipping by.)

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Sep 2nd, 2001, 08:13:07 PM
Most eyes were on her, waiting for her to give an answer. Aliya couldn't blame them at all but their impatient stares didn't bother her. Time was precious in this instance and the sooner that this operation started, the sooner there would be credits in their pockets.

Her silence produced information in subtle ways. The blue skinned alien had some abilities to mess with Force users. Something that made the alien looked a notch better in her eyes. The male that she found rather pleasing to the eye was a Force user which lowered her opinion of him. Then there was the boisterous loud mouth that showed up later then she had. The rest were scattered bounty hunters and criminals with special qualities, perhaps Force related, but Aliya wouldn't be able to tell.

She reached over and took the ticket that the Cizerack creature had handed to her, still stalling with her answer. It was quite possible that Sanis could find another person to do the deposit. The difference in this equation is that he didn't. He wanted her and she held the go on this mission.

Assuming that Sanis was genuine. Something nagged at her in the back of her mind that there was something he wasn't telling the entire group. Whether it was personal or something bigger that he had planned for them, she didn't know. What the once Imptel agent did know was to pass on this opportunity would be a very foolish mistake. This was her chance to finally do something in her life besides what Daddy always wanted and perhaps to get back some of the things that were taken from her.

She unbuttoned her jacket and slipped the ticket and credit chit into an inner pocket as she stared directly into Sanis' eyes.

"By the departure time on my ticket, I have to later this evening. Perhaps while others think about if they're in or not ..."

Her head tilted towards Sieken.

"... someone give him the abridged version of what's going on."

Sanis Prent
Sep 2nd, 2001, 09:21:22 PM
(She was in. The lynch-pin was snapped into place, and all eight cyllinders were ready to rumble. I smiled in spite of myself. The only thing left to take care of were the small things.

My eyes scanned the room at all the players assembled. The term Motley Crew was about as much of an understatement as saying Palpatine needed a toothbrush. Maybe that's why I knew it would work. Everybody was too suspicious of everybody else to try and screw each other over. I liked it that way. Complacency was a cesspool, and the knife only hit you in the back when you went for a smile and a handshake.

I'd almost ignored Clive and Sieken, due to Aliya's response. With a polite cough, I diverted my attention.)

Clive...I'll need you to make a few special orders. The New Republic developed some interesting hardware called metaphotonic generation nodes. Find the three best prices we can snatch those at, and buy one from each. Let me know the damages.

(I glanced over to Sieken. He seemed more wound up than an overclocked protocol droid. No sense in that. Mi casa e su casa.)

Mr. Kasstra, relax, take a load off. I wouldn't bring you all the way here just for table scraps. What we're here for is to...increase revenue.

(I gave a wink and a smile, polishing off my corporate facade. Nobody took it at face value, but they all understood the need to at least pay legitimacy lip service.)

Where you come in, is to create a distraction. In a week or two, we'll be making a few deals within Hutt space...quite close to Nal Hutta. We need to give the task our undivided attention, and to do that...I want to throw something at the Hutts that they will definitely bite at.

(A muted series of laughter spread across the table, at the small joke of Hutt eating habits)

I'll fill you in as we hear more about the situation. If you need any hardware, talk to Clive. I'll flip the bill for it.

(It was the abridged version, but it should take care of him well enough. I glanced around, looking for any other questions that might need answering?)

If that takes care of everyone...we can all take the rest of the day off. The casino and bar are open to you all. Drinks are on me.

(I looked at Aliya and Cirrsseeto)

You two better pack your toothbrushes...you've got a date with Bothauwi in a few hours.

Sieken Kasstra
Sep 3rd, 2001, 01:31:35 AM
Siekes head turned slowly towards the woman, this morning was not the best of times to make smart remarks but, she was on his side, and shooting and argueing with allies was not exsactly his style attall...

'Him??, i have a name funny enough'

Sieken turned his head back to Sanis and talked firstly in a raged voice..

'Sanis firstly, dont call me "Mr.Kasstra"...its to formal...2ndly, before you go rideing off into the sunset, you need to tell the guys doing the deversion, what exsactly! you want us to do, we need time to prep up for an operation like that so you need to tell us what kind of a derverion it rearly is man.?'

sieken said, he didnt mean to be nasty or insulting, but he needid the low-down on the job in order to do it

http://learndifferent.clanpages.com/sig/siek2.jpg

Clive Jerrard
Sep 3rd, 2001, 06:36:26 AM
(Clive nodded his head as Sanis read off to him what it was he wnted from him. As Sanis spoke, Clive pulled out his mini data pad and punched in the order.)

(He murmered softly under his breath.)

Metaphotonic generation nodes... three best prices... purchase one of each.

(He finished his typing and looked up.)

Consider it done. The request goes out to my main shop as of yesterday.

(He punched a few more buttons, sending a quick message to his collegue back on Nar Shadda, where his main depot was, to check up on the requested items. He marked it top priority. He'd have an answer to Sanis before the day was finished.)

Raunkks
Sep 3rd, 2001, 06:38:49 AM
(Raunkks sat next to Clive silently as Clive went to work putting in his request to their shop on Nar Shadda.)

(As of yet, Sanis had not stated what he was to do. But Raunkks was patient. He knew his turn would come.)

(Until then, he would wait.)

Sanis Prent
Sep 3rd, 2001, 08:25:18 PM
(Sieken's tone was chafing like 60 grit sandpaper across a bantha's ass...and I was the one gettin sore. He wanted to be a drama queen...and he was gonna get crowned if he kept it up.)

You're right. It is impersonal, Sieken. This isn't an outdoor barbecue, and I'm not your buddy. I'm your potential employer, and I've got better things to do than carry on a deep and meaningful relationship. Contrary to popular belief, I'm trying to make a credit or two here...not a friend. If you're interested in the same game plan, then stick around...maybe you'll get that friendship as collateral.

If not...then frack you. I've got enough friends, as it is.

You want the scoop on the diversion...well the news flash is, that I don't got one. Not yet, anyways. Thats why we're playing this little game by ear. Like I said...we don't have every little contingency down the road squared away. Some, we have to make up as time goes on. I figure once we get a better picture of our little raid, we can worry about that then.

Just sit back till then. Don't get your feathers ruffled so easily, and remember this ain't exactly pocket change that I'm droppin at you.

Are you in, or out...Mr. Kasstra?

Sieken Kasstra
Sep 3rd, 2001, 09:38:24 PM
Sanis was pushing his luck with Sieken on the edge, they staird eathother down for a few seconds while Sieken contemplated his words wisely, something told sieken bombing his house perhaps wasent the best thing to have done but well,sieken did fit the bill...sieken coughed slightly with a smile at Sanis...

'Hmm, i seem to recall you called me remember sanis i didnt exsactly come down here for cookies and milk ether but then again i didnt come here to argue, so why dont we cut the crap and get down to getting this operation underway, operations like this can take lives and can go badly wrong unless planned, i know..ok??, ive been in a few that didnt go right..."unplanned" and my sqaudron died becuse of it, i dont exsactly wanna be in a coffin in 3 months down the line ok sanis, its a risk youve got to take, but do it propoly and not get half your employees killed'

He looked at Sanis, Sanis looked at him...

He breathed before continueing 'Im in..but lets do this propoly and professonably..im a sniper not in the Intelegents Branch Sanis...its up to you from here...'

Sieken sat there..more daggers from eyes shot across the table from sanis...Sanis gave a quick nod of achknowlegement..Sieken was in...but needed a little push to get him going...he hadent done this kind of work in 6 months...