PDA

View Full Version : A Quiet Afternoon

Mama Mashpatatoes
Sep 1st, 2001, 10:49:44 AM
Mama had sat in her rocking chair that was in front of her small house. As she had always done, rocking back and forth, reading the newspaper searching for news of trouble. She was, afterall, what some would call a superhero. As she sat she had noticed a group of young children walking by with a dog.

"Hello children. Are you going to play with Pudgy today?"

Pudgy was her dog, it was thanks to this dog that people were calling her a hero. But that is a story for another day.

"Yes, we are. Would you like to join us Mama?"

The kids were stopped in front of her yard. Waiting for her answer.

"Not right now children, though I might show up later."

They all looked disappointed by that response. The children loved to play with Mama. They continued on their way, along with Pudgy who was trailing them.

Mama Mashpatatoes
Sep 1st, 2001, 08:28:13 PM
Just then a hairy looking roach crawled out of a hole in Mamma's porch and began scampering towards her with menacing intent.

"I'll have none of that" remarked Mamma, as she pointed at him and furrowed her brow in concentration.

Any one there would have been stunned as the roach suddenly was shredded to bits by the force.

Mamma went back to reading her newspaper.

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 9th, 2001, 05:12:53 AM
"OOC:" Can someone PLEASE delete this @#%$? It pains me to think a thread like this would EVER be archived and waste valuable bandwidth here and space here!!! UGH!

Ryu Warusa
Sep 9th, 2001, 02:30:00 PM
((OOC: This thread is cool!))