PDA

View Full Version : Fear's Womb: First Comes Love (Finished)

Lady DeVille
Jul 16th, 2001, 03:52:05 AM
ooc: Please, if you feel you have a valid reason for being in this RP, let me know, and then post away... /ic:

Lilaena opened her eyes with a start, and then lay back on her pillows and closed her eyes. Her surrounding were lavish, and completely unexpected at the same time. She knew what she would see when she opened her eyes. The posters of the large bed were carved with animals, dolphins leaping from the top, and tigers prowling at the bottom, with a veritable menagerie between. Beige silks hung from the four corners, and the bedding was rose and cream silks, inlaid with gold accents.

Her dream sat like an univited guest in the back of her mind, a guest that has worn out its welcome, and yet still won't take the hint and leave. De'Ville sat up, pulling the sheets to cover her body, and thinking about the vision. She had seen Pierce, and he had smiled at her...and she'd seen a city that floated above a forest.

Ithor. Thats where the city was...one of those galaxy renowned herdships. But was the dream a vision, or just a dream. De'Ville laid a hand on her stomach, marveling at the secret concealed inside.

Well, hidden for now. In a few months anyone would be able to tell that she was pregnant. But for now, no one but a few knew... and the whole matter had been kept very quiet. Lilaena swung her legs out of bed, looking intently at the large grate that separated her from her unlikely companion and his weird behaviors.

It was dark, and no sounds were coming from behind the grate. The hobgoblin appeared to be away. However, she needed to talk to him. De'Ville stood and walked into the spacious bath area. There was no door to close behind her, but she wasn't a shy person. She ran some cool water in the sink, and splashed it on her face, now waking up fully.

Hob, she formed the words in her mind as she dried her face on a soft towel. I have need of you.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 17th, 2001, 10:44:56 AM
There was no immediate response. How could there be? Hob had undergone the Ceremony of the Blasted while she had slept and recovered.

But it had been nothing like he had believed.

After the Ceremony's finish, Hob had spent what remained of the night just trying to crawl back to the Crystal Cavern where the Dark Dwarf could rest and try to understand this new perspective he had.

There was the grate now- a simple touch to the unlocking device and it would open.

Hob lifted a massive, gnarled hand, but instead collapsed to the floor, his chest heaving with the effort of breath and muscular use. The hand lifted again and slapped the unlock mechanism, causing the grate to slide upwards and out of his way.

From outside the grate, it was an odd sight. Lilaena saw Hob crawling towards her as she exited the bath, but it was not as though the dwarf were simply tired. Instead, the entire room seemed to be turned on its' side for Hob and the dwarf was trying to make a sheer vertical climb out of the floor.

It was obvious to Hob that Lilaena was shocked and confused, not just at the fact that Hob was acting so completely worn out, but also at the fact that the dwarf had apparently washed. His hair had been combed back and tied into a ponytail, the beard had been trimmed, and Hob wore a hoodless black robe.

Hob continued his slow crawl until Lilaena hastened over to him. "What do you want?" he croaked out.

This also brought pause to the woman. That's right- Hob hadn't spoken out loud to her before. She would be surprised to his voice, especially coming out as bad as it sounded to Hob.

Lilaena seemed hesitant to speak, as though she were concerned for his condition, so Hob struggled and stood. He was Hobgoblin. He was strong. He could endure as he had endured.

"Well?" Hob snapped in the hoarse and cracking voice that had been brought on by his sheer physical exhaustion. "WHAT-!? DO YOu Want...?"

There was no energy left to maintain an ornery attitude, and Hob's voice trailed from a shout down to a whisper. "What do you want?" he repeated quietly. His bass voice echoed around the room, it seemed, and its' weakness came back to haunt him.

Lady DeVille
Jul 18th, 2001, 03:05:56 AM
De'Ville blinked at the totally unexpected condition of her host, but other than a raised eyebrow she showed no emotion on her face. She walked to the bed, stepped up onto the raised platform it rested on, and sat on it. Reaching up to her face, she swept her damp hair out of her eyes, and secured it behind her ears. "I must get off planet immediately. Or, at least, as soon as possible." Blood and ashes, I don't even know if it is possible.

"Cloak mentioned something yesterday, about fighting for entrance. To be honest, I'm not even quite sure what it is I'd be entering. I have to go...do something. Meet someone." Her hand unconsciously brushed her stomach. "I can give you my word I will return once my errand is completed."

She looked at the dwarf with her hazel eyes. He seemed so different from the impression she had gotten of him the night previously. Or had it been the afternoon? She had slept for hours and hours, but it had been what her body needed. This castle on this desolate planet was filled with a dark energy that was very familiar, and yet..not.

There had been rumors about Dark Jedi on Vjun, and De'Ville hadn't really paid attention to them. She knew that the Sith Empire had battled a group of Dark Jedi who styled themselves the Black Hand. She smiled suddenly. Surely she was inside the Black Hand, even now. It felt...it felt different than the Sith Order. Colder, and yet warmer at the same time.

These thoughts led to another thought. Cloak was assosiated with the Black Hand? That was an interesting bit of news. "Hob, do you know of a ship I can use?" Now that she was homeless, or at least, not associated with any group of Dark siders, perhaps this Black Hand would bear looking into.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jul 18th, 2001, 09:36:12 PM
The dwarf shut his eyes and his shoulders slumped as he shifted his weight to his knuckles to keep himself upright. When he spoke, his voice was in a whisper that De'Ville had to strain to hear. "All who would seek entry into the Brotherhood of the Hand must do so before the rest of the members, at our meeting chamber inside this very castle. To gain entry to the castle, and thus the meeting chamber, one must defeat the castle's gatekeep in battle. That is what is meant by fighting for entry."

Lilaena frowned. "Who is this gatekeep- nevermind. Are there any ships...?"

Hob's raised hand had forestalled the rest of Lilaena's question. The Dark Dwarf swayed dangerously before he re-planted his knuckle on the ground to steady himself. He began to walk once again, this time towards his Crystal Cavern. Rest. He needed rest.

"Hob?"

Hob shook his head, ignoring the girl's question and continuing his slow pace towards his cavern. Lilaena stood from the bed, walking alongside Hob. If anything, Hob felt smaller than normal next to De'Ville, even though she was of an average height.

It took him five minutes at his pace, but Hob eventually reached the fountain that splashed up from the middle of the Crystal Cavern. Hob climbed the short wall of the fountain to rest on the ledge, then rolled over into the water. As his body hit the pool's surfact, Hob's eyes shut and his taut facial muscles relaxed.

Slowly, the black-robed Dark Jedi floated downward, beneath the waters to some place where he could not be seen.

~ Seek Delirion. She knows pilots.~ Hob's voice seemed to echo from the depths, despite the fact that De'Ville knew it to be a mental communication. It also seemed to have a slight cackling edge to it, as though Hob were laughing at a private joke. ~ And tell her...~

The voice fell silent. ' Hob?' Lilaena thought.

The bass voice was back with a background of malicious, biting cackles. ~ Tell her Hob has survived the Ceremony. Tell her she should not doubt me next time, for I am strong. I am Hobgoblin, don't y'know?~

The voice was suddenly drowned out by cackling laughter, and then all went silent, leaving only the splash and gurgle of the fountain to be heard.

Lady DeVille
Jul 20th, 2001, 03:23:47 AM
De'Ville stared at the depths which enveloped her small host, and glared at the inky waters. Delirion, hmm? She'd only seen the Dark Jedi once, long ago it seemed, on Naboo... What a dark eve that had been.

She turned and walked back into the gallery, using her Force-enhanced senses to detect an exit to Hob's 'closet.' Ah, there. There was a ladder which seemed to run into the ceiling, a short ways from the chute she had ingloriously fell out of the day before. De'Ville tucked her robe around her, and grasped the sides of the ladder with her hands. The wall in front of her nose was a dull grey stone, contrasting with the treasures that sparkled from every other inch of the impressive vault. De'Ville gritted her teeth, and pulled her body up the ladder.

Once at the top, she found herself in another room, small and dark. She walked to the door, and found it opened into the hallway she had first walked down with Hob. Next door was the closet. De'Ville stooped and read the scratchings on the stone. Sight's Closet. She straightened and looked further down the hall, using the Force to pierce the darkness, clearing her vision.

It was a strange place, this castle. And there were dark things about. De'Ville cast about for another Force signature, but whether she was simply tired, or there really was no one else there... she sensed no one. At least, no person in paticular. There was a dark presence around everything, long dead, or recently alive, it held the structure in awe of itself.

She walked down the hall, glad of her lightsaber hilt by her hand. It had not been taken from her. What she wouldn't have given for her arm-blades... It paid to be cautious.

Where Delirion could be found, and what the Ceremony of the Blasted was, she didn't really know. But, she was nothing if not resourceful, and did not quaver as she crept through the dark halls.

Lady DeVille
Jul 21st, 2001, 02:30:55 AM
The brown robe was too loose, and let in too much air. De'Ville shivered a little, and channeled the Force to warm the air around her slightly. Pushing the air molecules so that they quickened had once been a painstaking undertaking, but she barely had to think about it anymore. She wrapped her arms around herself as she walked down the hall, making the Force lead her where she wanted to go.

Delirion knows pilots... Hob had been less than helpful. Of course, De'Ville was nothing if not resourceful. She'd either find Delirion, or else find another way off this forsaken lump of a planet. One thing was for sure, the castle was much larger than she had thought it was. Doors and other hallways opened off of the one she was walking down.

She glanced at her feet and then stopped dead in ther tracks. De'Ville cocked her head to the side, and listened intently, enhancing her senses. Just a rat. Or, perhaps, something else. There was a trace of something in the Force. It was too far away to be sure what it was. Not Force sensitive though. De'Ville turned and walked down the adjoining hallway.

Time passed. She wandered for what seemed like hours. No matter where she was, whether by some trick of the castle or it's silent inhabitants, she met no one. The signature was sometimes in front of her, sometimes off to one side or the other...

Finally she turned a corner and saw an open doorway. De'Ville crept up, and looked carefully around the edge of the door. It was an empty hanger, empty of human or alien life, that is. There were at least six assorted ships resting on their landing struts. Jackpot. She cracked her knuckles, and smiled. To frell with Delirion, I'm getting myself off this rock.

Lady DeVille
Jul 23rd, 2001, 07:00:24 PM
De'Ville snuck around the corner, her robe dragging slightly on the ground as she walked towards the ship nearest the hanger doors, a CEC Mynock-class Assault Boat. There was no one near, so she wasn't afraid of getting caught while breaking into the ship. She ran her hands over the hull as she walked back towards the ramp, using the Force to explore the ship systems.

It appeared to be serviceable, at least for her purposes. De'Ville found that the security protocols had already been scorched, making it simply a matter of pushing a button and the ramp lowered. She darted into the assault boat, ramp closing behind her, and walked briskly past the benches that would have carried infantry at one point in time. Making her way to the cockpit, De'Ville sat in the pilot seat, and checked out the main ship systems from the console. The navicomp was malfunctioning, but she could calculate the jump by hand and punch it in herself. The missile launcher was offline, but hopefully that wouldn't matter at all. Checking the registration, she found no name she recognized, which could have meant that the ship had been stolen once already.

Other than the fact that the whole ship smelled like stale boots and old cheese, it would work quite well. De'Ville began the pre-flight warm up, and located the controls for the hanger door. She manipulated them with the Force, and punched the engines, careening through the doors as soon as the gap was wide enough. Once outside, she found herself in the middle of a vast electrical storm. De'Ville gritted her teeth, and wrestled the controls, gaining altitude as acid rain lashed at the shields.

To her surprise there was no attempt at contact from Bast, and she got away unhindered. She checked the comm system, and found that there were no signals at all to be found emanating from the castle. Grabbing a datapad, De'Ville worked out the numbers for a jump to Coruscant, and then painstakingly entered them into the nav computer. Activating sublights, she pushed for the jump point, and breathed a little easier once the swirls of hyperspace were surrounding her fighter.

Ten minutes into the jump, De'Ville brought the assault boat out of hyperspace, and sat for a moment, figuring the numbers for another hyperspace jump. She chewed a fingernail, and frowned, then entered the new figures. She didn't want to take a chance on anyone following her, and this little zigzag ploy, while simplistic, was nearly impossible to beat. De'Ville sat back, and cracked her neck while the ship, designation Bird of Prey, executed the second jump.

She left the cockpit and returned to the infantry transport area, stretching out on a bench seat. There were a few hours before the ETA warning would alert her to the proximity of Munto Codru. Once there she would ditch the ship and either buy transport to the Plooriod Cluster, or steal another. She sat up, and returned to the cockpit to use the comm. If she could get a message out to The Devil's Advocate, captained by Michael Delving, formerly of the Imperial Navy, she could have her ship meet her at Munto Codru. De'Ville hissed air through her teeth, That is, of course, if TSO hasn’t impounded all of my possessions. the chance would have to be taken. De'Ville prepared the message, and routed it to be sent as soon as the ship dropped into realspace.

De'Ville returned to the bench seats, stretched her slim body out, and closed her eyes.

Tondry was smiling at her, and she was walking towards him. They were surrounded by lush, green vegetation, and they embraced… She leaned back, hand on her stomach, as if to tell him something, and then stopped. Behind him was a dark, foreboding shape, indistinct, and yet still threatening. A shock, like electricity flowed into her, and she fell, Tondry disappearing-

She sat up with a gasp, her brow damp with perspiration. Her hair fell away from her face, brushing her shoulders as she swung her feet to the deck. What does it mean? Was she merely having nightmares, or were these true premonitions? She had never had a vision of the future before, although it certainly didn’t seem to be a true vision. It was very dreamlike… but then, if she’d never had one, how would she know the difference? De'Ville jerked as the ETA counter alerted her. She walked to the cockpit, securing herself into the pilot seat, and preparing the systems for reversion to realspace.

Instead of a smooth transition, she was treated to a swift jerk, coupled with three or four rough bumps as the Bird of Prey made its entrance to the Oplovis Sector. De'Ville rubbed her neck, and engaged the sublights. Munto Codru, with its multiple moons and green landsapes was directly ahead. De'Ville activated the comm, sending the pre-saved message, and contacting Control for the Province of Kirl.

After transmitting a pirated transponder signal, she was given clearance to land. However, if the ship had been stolen, it was only a matter of time before the Codru-Ji figured it out. The comm buzzed through with another transmission, and she flicked it over. "De'Ville."

"Captain Delving here. We received your transmission, and are already readying for hyperspace."

"Good to know, Captain. Has the Order given you any trouble?"

"Other than not letting us know your condition or location, no. The Cizerak fleet pulled out a few days ago, and we’ve been puttering around up here ever since. Apparently one ship isn’t considered much of a threat."

De'Ville piloted the assault boat towards the planet, readying for landing. "Thank you Captain. Also, have someone run a check on one Prent, Sanis. I have some business with him, and I need to know his whereabouts/comm channel, etc. Oh, and make sure to get the whole of my belongings from the Order. I won’t be going back there." She sent the captain the frequency of the personal commlink she had found aboard the ship.

"As you wish. I have already made arrangements with the Order for the transport of you belongings. The Devil's Advocate[/i] will be leaving Corellia in a matter of minutes. We’ll be by to pick you up, with your Infiltrator in the bay, in about six hours. Delving out."[/i]

De'Ville thumbed the comm off, and concentrated on landing the craft on the landing pier made available to her. Once on the ground, she planted the ship in a lot, and tossed the tech a credit chit to keep nosy hands off it. Or, in the case of the Codru-Ji, hands hands. The four armed aliens were interesting to look at, but all those hands probably made them extremely efficient.

The Sith woman walked out into the rays of the setting sun of Munto Codru, and blinked. Rising before her was an ancient castle, the provincial capital of Kirl. The rock walls which rose from the mountain were translucent and carved elaborately from top to bottom. From where she was it was breathtaking; from up close it would be incredibly more so. She caught a transport, and was whisked towards the main tourist district, three or four streets lined with hotels and stores for the avid galaxy traveler.

De'Ville checked into a cheap hotel, and leaned against the door as she locked it behind her. Her brown robe was getting dirty, and, as she though about it, smelled a little like old bacta. She frowned, stripped it off, and headed for the ‘fresher. To her pleasure, De'Ville found an old fashioned bathtub alongside the modern sonic shower. She ran warm water into it, and slipped in for a long soak.

Tomorrow morning her Corellian gunboat would arrive, along with the extremely adept Delving, and she would be off to Ithor. De'Ville tried to hide a grin, but wasn’'t successful. If she wasn't mistaken, the Ithorians, or Meerian hammerheads, were getting ready for The Meet, which should be occurring this year sometime. The sight of their great herdships all connected with antigrav platforms and delicate bridges would be something to remember.

De'Ville opened her eyes, and peered at the chrono on the bedside stand. Nine in the morning. She licked her lips, and rolled over, pulling the covers over her head, and then yanking them down as her commlink bleeped at her. Delving.

"De'Ville." Her tongue felt fuzzy, and she used a Force technique to clear the sleep-induced cobwebs from her mind.

"Captain Delving reporting in as ordered, Ma'am. I'm sending a shuttle down for you right now, it will be at landing pier eight in five minutes." His voice was crisp, and military.

"Very good, Captain. De'Ville out." She ended the transmission, and lay back for a second, before vaulting out of the soft bed. She was getting soft, herself. Four years ago she would have thought a blanket and a bit of duracrete was comfortable, and found a mattress to be too soft to sleep on. She rolled her eyes, and dashed water in her face. Her hair was getting longer, starting to curl slightly at the ends, and lightening from exposure to ultraviolet rays. In two minutes she was dressed in the brown robe, having been hand washed and dried with the Force the night before, and walking out of the hotel, having settled the bill at the front counter.

As her transport passed the landing pier where she had docked the Mynock-class ship, De'Ville sensed and saw a commotion. Definetly stolen. She half-smiled as the transport dropped her off at the eighth pier. She caught a turbolift to the flight deck, and in a few short minutes was snugged inside a Lamda-class shuttle.

The ensign at the helm nodded to her, but offered no conversation. Which was just as well. De'Ville couldn't be bothered with small talk, and would have blessed the ensign with an icy stare, or worse. She sank back into her chair, and delved inside herself with the Force for what must have been the hundredth time since her discovery. It brought another tiny smile to her face. What would Lynch think… Her eyes popped open. What indeed. She had had no contact with her master since she had been expelled from the Sith Order.

Soon she was back in her quarters aboard the Devil's Advocate, letting Captain Delving do the worrying about tangents and trajectories as they jumped to hyperspace. Soon she’d be flying the TIE My Vengence to Ithor while the gunboat waited on the outskirts of the Ottega system in the lesser Plooroid Cluster.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 27th, 2001, 12:24:42 AM
It was truly a beautiful day. The sun was shining brilliantly, the jungle below the guardrail teemed with the sounds of life, and the atmosphere of Ithor was crystal clear with no moisture of any kind.

Ironically enough, the name of the herdship Pierce Tondry was on was "Cloud Mother."

It was one of the more well-known attractions of Ithor, and people traveled to see the great floating Hammerhead city from many nearby sectors during normal seasons. This period of the year, during which the famed Ithorian "Meet" occurred, was tourist season, and that drove up the tourist population considerably.

Stretching into the distance was a great circle of linked herdships. The Cloud Mother was next to a herdship called the "Emerald Isle", a subsect of Ithorian society with a particular focus on animals and plants with green hue. If Pierce's memory served correctly, Ithorian chameleoids were bred on that vessel.

And on the other side of the great circle, Cloud Mother was just starting the linking sequence with the herdship Tafanda Bay.

"Clear the way," an accented Ithorian voice called out. A robed Hammerhead stood at the beginning of a large bridge that extended out towards it's neighbor. He and a few others were busy waving aside tourists and other onlookers who could potentially gum up the linking sequence.

A repulsorlift platform serving as a connecting link between Cloud Mother and Tafanda Bay manuevered into position between the two herdships. Each bridge continued to extend, and over the side of the guardrail Pierce could see positional thrusters angling his herdship towards the bridging platform.

"Steady! Steady-"

Under the careful eye of an experienced technician, the platform eased up next to the herdship's bridge and locked itself together with it. The crowd surged forward with cameras ready, but the Ithorian official prevented them from proceeding too far. "Back!" he cried. "Back, and do not interrupt the final linking sequence!"

A hush seemed to settle over the crowd, native Ithorians and spacefaring visitors alike going silent. Looking around Pierce noticed that there were a great many people here, which only stood to reason. If it had been a linking of two lesser herdships, the crowd would not have been as great, but Tafanda Bay and Cloud Mother were two of Ithor's greatest works, and the final connection to this year's Meet was occuring between them. The Hammerheads had the eyes on their T-shaped heads closed, the heads themselves bowed in silence. Except for the shouts of technicians handling the final manuevering work, all the sentient beings in the area had gone respectfully silent.

It almost seemed like this event would mark the beginning of something special and joyous and- something big.

Something titanic.

The ground shuddered, and the antigrav platform locked into place with the bridge from the Tafanda Bay. At the locking engineer's cry of completion, the Hammerheads looked up from their reverent poses as one and made joyous noise. The spectators on both sides of the bridge cheered, and the throngs on each side of the bridge surged towards each other, ready to meet and greet those who knew them.

Pierce went with them, knowing there would be no one on the Tafanda Bay to greet him, but grinning from ear to ear at the spectacle nonetheless.

And who knew? Maybe he would find someone he'd been looking for, anyway.

At the Meet, anything could happen.

Lady DeVille
Jul 27th, 2001, 03:47:50 PM
Walking through the crowds, De'Ville felt a little lost. Now that she was there, the urge that had brought her had dissipated completely. She was also feeling a little uncomfortable, as her pants were a tiny bit snug around her waist. Just another thing to get used to. She had left her blaster on board the TIE, but her lightsaber was hanging off of her utility belt and hidden under a loose knee-length vest.

On the herdship Tafanda Bay, there was a general feeling of excitement and what might be defined as reverence. The final joining of the Cloud Mother and Tafanda Bay had been completed just before she had ventured out of her ship, and now the Meet was officially under way. Soon Ithorian officials and leaders from all of the herdships would be gathering to officially open this very important time. The Time of Meeting happened only once every five years, and during it all of the policies and decisions concerning their society would be made.

De'Ville passed a group of Ithorian schoolchildren, chattering amongst themselves as they walked just in front of their parents. The peculiar resonating sounds of their language was almost musical, and yet harsh at the same time. She brushed elbows with Twi'lek lovers, human tourists, and visitors of every size and shape. Hazel eyes scanned the crowd for a familiar face, but there was none. Tondry would not be here. It had been foolishness to think so in the first place.

For all she knew he was dead. There had been rumors about that, she had heard them all. I am a great fool. And yet something inside her refused to believe that he had died. De'Ville stood on tiptoe to see over the tall brown shoulders of an Ithorian, and then gave up, and made her way towards a small cafe.

Not even bothering to glance at the name, she walked in and was seated near the vast window in the back of the main dining room. "What would you like?" The human waitress smiled plastically, and took her order for decaffeinated chai tea. Lilaena rested her chin on her fist, and looked out the window to the astonishing panorama beyond.

From her vantage point she could see the far edge of the Cloud Mother herdship as it joined intricately to Tafanda Bay, but in front of her was only a diorama of immense proportions. Lush green vegetation spread out towards the horizon; the indyup tree, blueleaf and fiddle headed bull ferns, and all of Ithor's flora joining together in a virgin, wild jungle that seemed to cover the whole world.

Cover the whole planet was exactly what it did. Hammerheads considered their jungle sacred, and would not even defile it with their own presence. Manollium birds were flying in a flock away from the herdships, a riot of colors against the vivid greens of the jungle. The woman was still staring, basking in the beauty of it when her tea arrived. For an odd second tears pricked at the back of her eyes, but she quickly regained control of herself. She was strong. Lilaena was not going to be defeated in the end by hormones, of all of the absurd things. She sipped her tea, then added a drop of milk, stirring it with her pinky before licking it off.

Even if it had been folly that brought her here, she might as well enjoy her time and relax. Frell, she had enough to think about as it was, what with being poisoned, banished, pregnant and hormonal on top of all that. Lilaena leaned back in her chair, and sipped her tea as she watched the sun beginning its descent towards the far horizon from the high point of noon.

Pierce Tondry
Jul 29th, 2001, 02:26:38 PM
Of all the beings that had started out on the Cloud Mother Pierce reached the Tafanda Bay first. Many of the others were intercepted by family or friends, and the large anti-grav platform that connected the two bridges was the perfect place for them all to stop and talk.

With no one to stop for, and experience at weaving through flowing crowds, Pierce was soon clear of the whole post-celebration celebration. He made it to an area relatively out of the way of the happy gathering.

Then he stopped and looked around. He really didn't have anything better to do at the moment. The opening ceremony was in half an hour, and that was what he was waiting for.

The reason Pierce was here was because of a list contained in one of the personal journals he'd taken from the Toprawa data archives. It was the journal of Ivanrue Tondry- Pierce's grandfather and the man Pierce was searching for.

The journal had contained an entry with a list of about twenty planets or events Ivan Tondry had visited on missions from his days with the Empire, but which had struck him at the end of his missions as places he'd wanted to revisit under more peaceful conditions. Possibly before he finally gave up all ties to the military and retired for good.

The signs indicated by the journal entries had occurred, and Pierce had reason to believe that his grandfather was still out and among the living residents of the galaxy and on this tour. Some of the events in the journal had already taken place for the year and were no longer options, but the Ithorian Time of Meeting was on now. If he was lucky, and if his grandfather was still alive, then Pierce's sharp eyes might be able to spot him at the opening ceremony, which had earned specific mention in the journal.

Stopping by another guardrail, Pierce again took in the lush scenery of Ithor's vast jungles and the magnificent achievement of the herdship ring. Down below, he could even make out a field of Ithorian stargazer lilies, their five-petaled faces staring upwards at the sky, searching for the stars. They reminded him of a face...

' Lily,' he thought, relaxing against the guardrail. ' Lily.'

Lady DeVille
Jul 30th, 2001, 02:57:21 AM
Lilaena pushed herself up from her seat, leaving credits for bill and tip on the table as she walked towards the front of the cafe. The next time of Meeting was in five years, and she didn't anticipate planning another trip to the Plooroid Sector to visit then... Might as well catch a few sights, and then see about getting lodging. If it came down to it, she could stay on her ship, although after recent events, a real room, with a real bed would suit her better.

She walked with the bustling crowds, letting herself be carried along to the opening ceremonies, after which the leaders of the hammerheads would be sequestered for at least two weeks, if not more. Meanwhile, there were many other activities planned for the inhabitants of the herdships, which would be diverting. De'Ville couldn't help smilling a little. The jubilant mood of the natives and visitors was so strong, it was affecting her own mood. Melancholy threatened to leave, but she tenaciously built her mental block back up, supressing the affect of the emotions around her.

De'Ville's efforts slowed her, and she was among the last to enter the large ampitheatre at the center of Tafanda Bay.

Elieen Cross
Aug 1st, 2001, 09:12:53 AM
The two human males approaching me seemed to be drunk. Or worse. I sighed mentally as I kept my gaze over looking the field of Ithor, leaning in the safety rail of the herdship Cloud Mother. It was truly impressive the docking of the two herdships and even more so given the pristine landscape I could see below. It took much to make a impact on me and I have seen of the sights of the Galaxy that are offered. I had seen nebula, I had seen the Maw, I had been blasted by heat on Tatooine, I had walked the streets of Coruscant. There had been times I had met despots and Jedi, sat alongside smugglers and would be Emperors. I had seen more than one human could ever possibly wish for and just it seemed there were things that could still take my breath away. Especially as this was the first time in many years I had found an inner peace and an acceptance of whom I was – and for some drunk ratbags to ruin it….

“Hey there! Aint you the…. Ooooooffff…..”

I hardly seemed to move and yet the largest human was down with what would be diagnosed as trauma to the groin, or in layman’s terms, a back kick to the balls. Somehow, I found that it added to the peace I was feeling and that my mood was hardly spoilt. His companion gaped and obviously his tiny mind chose the wrong thing to do, for he also found him self lying down unexpectantly. Then again, a spinning kick with feet clad in armoured boots would do that to you, especially given it landed right on the tip of his chin. I looked down at the groaning males and for the sheer good mood I was in, issued a few kicks to the ribs. Then, ignoring everyone who was now staring, I walked off to another secluded part of the ship where I could stay watching the fields as they drifted by.

There was nothing really remarkable about me. A slightly taller than average woman, maybe even considered pretty. Curled dark hair, slim athletic build. Today I was dressed in a simple folded camo, while underneath from prying eyes, I had on the armour that would have set me apart and identified me in a second if it was not covered. In my hand I had what seemed to be a walking stick. Of course, even given that I was here to get away from what had happened in my life lately, the stick was a disguise for my weapon. All in all, I just looked like any other traveller.

In the eight years since I had fallen from the bridge and into another life, I had been searching for I was sure that it wasn’t the end. Even in the most desperate fight with Callista and her band of beasts, I never stopped looking for clues. Unexpectantly, when I had given up hope and decided never to look again, the biggest evidence of what I was looking for fell into my lap. I could still see it in my mind’s eye, when I knew I was looking at the possible solution to 8 years of …… hardship, pain, distress, fear, anger. I knew it was in my grasp. But I had to confirm first and right now I did not exactly know how I was to do that. Thence, I was here to seek out someone I could ask and I believed that person was right here. Yes, it was a long shot, but when you had been like I had been for 8 years, you took any chance you could get.

I continued to walk until I found a place where I could be alone. I leaned once more on the safety rail and gazed outwards. Thoughts that were not bidden came through my mind, prompted by the fields and things I could see that reminded me of the past.

I was Eileen Cross

I was Lord Fire Blade

But more importantly, I had been wife to a man I had lost and I thought was dead. Maybe he really was, but I was about to begin to find out if it was true or not.

I stared outwards, wondering what fate would bring me next.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:56:24 PM
The opening ceremony to the grand Meet was full of beings from all across the galaxy. Regardless of war and boundaries, they had traveled here to celebrate, to observe, or to locate (and in some cases rediscover) bonds of friendship and family. Just as the Ithorians were doing on a smaller scale, so too was the galaxy, spurred by the Hammerhead ideals.

Pierce hoped to follow suit.

The opening ceremony was occuring in a vast dome with three floors. The Meerian Hammerhead Elders and their guests had already entered, and they totally occupied the third floor. It was unlikely that his grandfather would be there, which left two floors for Pierce to cover. Among the first to enter, Pierce took the stairs to the second floor and occupied a position at an overlook balcony.

His eyes scanned the entering crowds. Some of them were people he knew or recognized- one was even an Intelligence agent. Pierce saw respectable Ho'Din and Diamala represented, as well as disreputable Bothans and wretched Achitani. Giant Wookiees entered side by side with small, piggish Ugnaughts, sharp-eyed and loudmouthed Corellians along quiet and determined Chandrilans.

But none of those Chandrilans was his grandfather.

Despite a growing feeling of being left out, Pierce nonetheless kept his eyes on the stream of people entering. Even as the second and ground floors filled up, he did not turn his eyes away.

Then, among the last stragglers, he saw a face. And his heart leapt, lifting him out of his aloneness.

With a wild whoop of joy that carried over the general hum of the crowd, Pierce charged down the stairs. He got to the ground floor and scanned where he'd seen her last.

She wasn't far off from where she'd been- just wandering aimlessly through the crowds to find a place to sit or stand.

Driven by an unconscious or undefined need for companionship during this time of togetherness, Pierce began to sidle through the crowds. He lifted his hands, cupped them around his mouth, and called out the name of Lilaena De'Ville.

Lady DeVille
Aug 3rd, 2001, 02:06:55 AM
"Lilaena!"

De'Ville turned her head slightly, and then looked ahead of her again, trying to get past two Ho'dins and into a seat. Had someone called her name? Probably wishful thinking.

"Lily! De'Ville!" There it was again. De'Ville bit her lip, and turned towards the voice which sounded just like-

"Pierce!" She squeezed by a huge Wookiee, and threw her arms around him as he ran up to her. He swept her off her feet in his embrace, passionate and needy. As her toes touched the ground again she touched his face with her hand. "Its really you...I thought... I mean, I knew..." He hushed her with a kiss, which she returned eagerly.

He looked into her eyes. "What are you doing here, Lily?" His fingers traced her brow bone and her cheekbone, trailing to her lips in a familiar gesture.

Lilaena paused, drawing back a little. "I saw you here. In the Force, but I thought I was wrong, that the dream was only a dream... But I came anyway." She hugged him close, and he drew her over to a seat as the ceremonies started with a swell of astonishingly beautiful music. As they sat she linked her fingers with his, and tried to think of what she wanted to say.

What was I planning on saying? But now wasn't the time. Rows and rows ahead of them the front stage area was filled with Ithorian dignitaries and a myriad of plants. Lilaena's eyes centered on a row of white star-shaped lilies, and then she started crying.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 5th, 2001, 10:27:59 AM
"Hey!" Pierce said in surprise.

He stood up and drew Lily back, towards the entry corridor where they could speak privately and still see what was going on without interrupting the ceremony.

Lily's flow of tears had stopped, but after they'd gotten into the corridor they began again.

"Hey!" It was surprise again.

"Hey." Concern.

Lily buried her face in his chest, and Pierce wrapped his arms around her, trying to comfort her.

"Hey." Gentle prodding.

"Hey?" Pleading.

Lily looked up and smiled one of her honest smiles- the kind that was simply genuine happiness and nothing more. Then she kissed him on the lips, lingering just a bit.

Pierce grinned. "Heyyyy," he said.

Lilaena laughed, quick and sudden, at his reaction. "Stop that," she admonished.

Pierce shrugged off whatever warning was in her tone. He knew the kind of mood she was in almost as if he'd seen it before. He pulled her close and she rested her head on his chest again. His hands began stroking her hair. "Well," he murmured in her ear. "I may not have been here looking for you, but I am glad I found you."

He let go and jerked his head towards the stage. "Hey-" he began, then paused. After her grin indicated that Lilaena had gotten the joke, he continued. "Let's go back in- I want to see this. We can talk later, okay?"

She nodded her assent and the two of them returned to the main chamber, taking their seats just as the music went quiet.

It occurred to Pierce that with or without his grandfather, he was happy to have made it to Ithor.

Lady DeVille
Aug 6th, 2001, 02:51:34 AM
Lilaena snuggled her body against Pierce, head secured against his shoulder as the ceremony began. But she hardly paid attention to the proceedings as her body raced with a thousand feelings.

She hadn't thought about it much before, but now that her arms were around Tondry, she couldn't imagine letting go again. I hold his child inside me. Lilaena bit her lip, and made herself stop thinking about it. And then it hit her like a branch in the face.

What if he doesn't want it? Her hand unconciously went to her stomach, and a lump of fear landed squarely in her throat, making it hard to swallow. A spike of anger rose, and she held onto it. She was Sith. Lust and passion were all well and good, but this baby was hers, and if he didn't like it, that was his problem.

Her lip trembled again, and the anger left her. Who am I fooling? It was suddenly terribly important that Pierce accepted her and the child, more important than she could have ever imagined before. She squeezed him a little, and then relaxed against his strong body, heart racing.

A flock of rare, vivid blue manollium birds were released, signalling the end of the event. De'Ville's breath quickened as everyone stood as one, cheering. She stood, but didn't cheer, as her mind was too full. And then she was clutching at Pierce as her vision narrowed to two pinpoints of light. She took a few deep breaths, and recovered from her momentary dizziness.

He leaned in to her, concern written on his face. Lilaena smiled crookedly, "Can we talk?"

Pierce Tondry
Aug 6th, 2001, 09:41:57 AM
"Sure," Pierce said, taking his eyes away from the birds, and away from some decorative vines that were beginning to shift color as the noise in the chamber rose. It was impressive, doubly much since there was none of the technology present that Pierce would normally expect. He understood why his grandfather would have wanted to see this event again. "We can talk."

Talk? What did she want? What was wrong? Was she sick? Was she dying?

With an effort, Pierce called a halt to his wild imaginings. There was probably nothing so huge in the works.

He led Lilaena outside to a nearby bench where they both sat, Lilaena with no objections on her part which Pierce was almost surprised at. He took her hand in his own and covered it with his other hand, trying to recall some psychological comforting techniques. "So what's up?" he asked calmly, and smiled at her.

Lady DeVille
Aug 7th, 2001, 03:23:49 AM
Now that she was sitting facing him everything seemed worse than before. THINK! But her mind went completely blank. She opened her mouth a few times, trying to say something...anything!

His hand rubbed across the top of her smaller one, and she looked down, suddenly shy, as she had never been before. I'm pregnant. No, can't just say it like that, he might run away. Trying to talk was like trying to swallow a mouthful of peanut butter. It just didn't work well at all.

Lilaena looked into his smiling eyes, and blurted, "I've been poisoned." His eyes dialated, and then he frowned.

"You've been what?" Tondry grabbed her shoulder in concern and shock.

"And I'm pregnant." Lilaena sat back, mouth still open, eyes wide. That was frelling messed up, De'Ville. Can't you do anything right?

Elieen Cross
Aug 7th, 2001, 08:10:23 AM
I had been there for some time, long enough to have a seat as the crowds dwindled to go watch the beginning of the Meet, long enough to be left alone. I had examined the mounts for the chair and had removed them, dragging it forward so as I might sit with my feet on the lower of the guard rails. The camo had fallen back a bit to reveal the bottoms of my boots, but that was not really a problem. Polished red and armoured boots could well be the fashion somewhere. Still, I did take care to not reveal anymore of the armour I wore, I did not want any people curious as to who I was.

Occasionally I would look about, watching the beings passing. So far, nothing really had caught my curiosity and hence in some ways I was relaxed and felt to a degree safe. No one knew who I was and no one cared. What a thing to have – to be nothing. These beings didn’t realise how precious that could be, so why did they wish to be more? Would they want it if they knew the trouble it would cause their insignificant lives? Maybe, maybe not. It could be true I would desire to be more as well if I was but nothing.

I had at this point a drink on the armrest and I was watching a flock of birds rising into the heavens. Quite sight it was too. So engrossed in the flight I was that I did not hear soft footfalls coming closer until they were only a few steps away. I did not start, but I did become more aware and I allowed my muscles to be ready. The walking stick I grasped unseen and judged by the sound of feet exactly how far they were and if they were within striking distance.

“That will be close enough” I stated. “I would appreciate it if you went elsewhere”

“And if I don’t?” The reply was from a male, slightly accented. It sounded slightly mocking and the voice carried a good deal of authority. I had judged where he was by the footsteps, thence the walking stick whipped in the air, to stop precisely 1 cm from his throat. He was clearly surprised I knew he had moved slightly with no sound, presenting a false target where he was before.

“If you don’t, the medics will have to piece you together again” I turned to look at him, to give him a glare to add emphasis. He was about 75, tall and well groomed. He also carried himself as military. He met my glare, his eyes seemed to sparkle with amusement.

“Droll. I admit, you are good enough to have worked out I allow only the sounds I permit. But I do not believe you are that good, unless you are far more than you appear” His eyes were scanning me, moving up and down to take in every detail. I noticed they stopped when he saw the boots and then back to my face his eyes came. His hand made to move the stick away, but he found it was being pointed with a good deal more strength than he realised. More to the point, it was being held in a way that gave me maximum leverage and control. The point never wavered.

“Maybe I am much more than anyone realised. Leave me”

He paused, obviously thinking. You could see he wanted to know more. Must have been some sort of male stupidity thing, playing with fire and a woman who would rip their arms off. He placed his hands behind his back and gave me the stare of someone who was disciplining a misbehaving child. “My dear…”

Patronising barstard. The staff ripped through the air even as I sat, smacking the man neatly on the temple, even though he tried to duck. He stumbled back as the staff came back to rest and I turned away, making it clear what I thought of his so called skills. “Next one will belt you over the rail. Now leave me”

He got up, feeling the side of his head. Old he might be, but tough he certainly was. “Well… maybe you are much more. But I have never heard of a female Imperial Guard – and you are too young to be one. Yet, you have the training and if I’m not mistaken, the clothes of yours hide the rest of your armour. How can this be?”

“And who said I was Imperial?” I asked, twisting to face him with a cynical smile on my lips

“Give an old officer some credit. I can recognise an Imperial and that was in fact what drew me here. I have been watching you for some hours, since you drew attention to yourself and dealt with the drunks”

“So, you decided to finally come closer. I commend you for your bravery Imperial Officer and also for your deductive skills. What is it you want” The last was blunt and flat.

“I was interested to see how a woman could be an Imperial – and now I know you are of the rank of Royal Guard, I am especially curious. And impressed. Please, might I take a seat and speak with you a while?”

I nodded. “Suit yourself” I really should have sent this oaf away with a smack around the head. But this was clearly no ordinary Imp. I wondered if he had served under the Emperor himself? He was old enough. He came back, dragging a chair and sat next to me – but not too close, I noted. I glanced at him, faintly amused. “You know distancing yourself is not going to help you”

“I realise that. Any fool would know that to be within striking distance of a Guard is wishing for death. However, I do not fear that death is for me, at least not yet. Whom am I speaking to?”

“You first”

He nodded and named himself. Vaguely I heard the name somewhere else, but it was something else about that name… something familiar to me. When I looked at his face, I could indeed see something there. But still, I had never met this man in person before, nor really heard of anything to do with him. “And yourself, m’lady? What is your name?”

I felt some of the old pride come out as I spoke. “I am Lord Fire Blade”

He was speechless for a time. He finally spoke, eyes wide. “You… are Lord Fire Blade?!?!”

“I am. You are familiar with the name?”

“You… destroyed the Jedi Temple on Coruscant! I have always wanted to meet the man … sorry, but now I know better…. Woman who managed that feat. Is it true you have met Jedi Masters like Leia Solo, Yoghurt and defeated them in combat?”

I could only smile. He was almost boyish in excitement and it was infectious. “Why yes, I have. I have even met Jedi Master Turbogeek and held my own. And you? I presume you served the Empire while the Emperor was alive?”

“Yes I did. But…. How could you have?”

“My grandfather was the first who wore the armour. My Father left no sons and I was trained to keep the line. Hence, I now wear both the name and the armour of my grandfather”

“And you have done them both justice. I would never thought it possible a woman could… but I have been proven wrong today. What brings your Ithor… and what I have to admit is an incredibly effective disguise. No one would ever suspect a woman”

“No one does. And…. “ she thought about it for a moment. “And I’m here to search for the possibility that I might find someone”

“Who is it your looking for?” he asked “I may well be able to help”

“Someone who was known to have died 8 years ago. Most likely assassination. The name he was under at the time was Troy McCluire”

“Known to have died? Are you hinting this was not so?”

“I have only a suspicion. But it is enough”

He frowned. “I could help you. I have sources that may be of use. Why is it you want this man confirmed alive or dead?”

“Personal reasons, no more”. The tone in my voice sent a shiver down his spine. It was well known what a Royal Guard was capable of and if one had a personal vendetta to carry out….

“I would not enjoy being that person, Lord Fire Blade. I shall see what I can do. Is there a place I can contact you?”

“Yes, there is a Imperial sympathiser cell on Coruscant. They support my activities and through them I can be contacted”

“Do they know you are a woman?” He asked

“No, are you going to tell them?” I replied

He bent his head in acknowledgement. “Of course not and I doubt they could believe me. How do you know I can be trusted anyway?”

“I know” The voice tone was flat and final on that point.

“Very well…” He stood up, straightened his clothes. “This meeting was unexpected… but welcome. I will do what I can to help Lord Fire Blade. I must go back to the theatre. They will be continuing the ceremony and I don’t wish to miss it. Would you care to…?”

I shook my head. “I did not come here for that. Besides, I believe it would bore me greatly”

“Very well. I shall contact your supporters when I have news. Farewell”

I nodded as he walked off and turned back to my drink. So, my vision in the Force had been correct, I had asked and I had received help. For certain, it was not help that had results… but help none the less.

Leaning back, I stared skywards. It was an extreme long shot, but if it helped me find out if the one I loved still lived….it was worth taking it.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 8th, 2001, 11:45:15 AM
Pierce digested these pieces of information behind his best sabacc face. Granted, he'd never been as good at sabacc as he'd wanted, but not because his reactions had given his hand away.

After considering the implications of those two phrases, Pierce had a question. "How?"

Before she could respond, he put a hand out. "Wait," he said. "Let's do this the way it should be done. First, tell me about the poisoning. Tell me the names of the people involved, then give me a rundown of the situation. Then we can go on to the pregnancy."

"It was Sanis. Sanis Prent." She stopped- whether it was with anger or shame, Pierce did not know, nor did he wish to examine that subject.

"Go on."

The first words tumbled out of her mouth, but Pierce remained neutral and impassive. Some of his control must have rubbed off, because Lilaena also began to calm down, speaking more clearly and giving him more details. Pierce interrupted a few times with questions. By the time she was done he had a very good idea of what had happened during her interrupted takeover of TSO and had an idea of the path of events Lily had taken to get to Ithor.

He also had a very big desire to lock Sanis Prent in a military stockade.

Which brought them to the second subject. "And you're pregnant? Who-"

"You."

There was a pause. "You're certain?"

"Yes."

More silence while Pierce considered things. "You're not just saying this to get help in dealing with Prent?"

"No!" Lilaena shook her head vehemently. "I don't- I would never-"

"Okay."

Lily took his hand in both hers. "You have to believe me," she said quietly.

Pierce took a look into her eyes and saw honesty, and the hurt that comes from being disbelieved where trust was expected. Lilaena De'Ville was either being completely and totally honest, or a supremely good actress who'd done some extensive plotting in order to destroy him-

No. That was paranoid thinking, it ignored what Lilaena had told him about herself when she had no need to do so, and more importantly, it was a departure from the necessary trust that a man in the military tended to build with those he had fought beside.

"Pierce?" Lilaena's voice was low and worried. "What do you think?"

Pierce did not reply, but the arm around Lilaena's shoulders did tighten.

"Pierce?"

He turned his head so he could see Lilaena and gave her a half-smile. "Big news," he explained. "I need some time to figure out what I'm going to do. Meanwhile, we're both here at the Ithorian Meet- let's go attend some of the festitivies. Sound good?"

Lady DeVille
Aug 8th, 2001, 07:21:34 PM
Bloody ashes, he's taking it badly. De'Ville allowed him to pull her off the bench, and they walked down the street together. He was holding tightly to her hand, which she attributed to a natural instinct to protect. "That sounds fine. I heard that tomorrow there's going to be some sort of ceremony over the Cathor Hills. It should be absolutely beautiful, something in honor of the Bafforr grove." Her heart was racing, and she tried vainly to pick up on his emotions as he continued to walk.

Did he even believe her? It seemed that he did... but how could he ask if the child was his? He knew her past. It had been many months, if not years, for her...until that night on Coruscant with him. It seemed so long ago, but it couldn't have been more than a few months. I need a drink. She looked longingly at a street side bar, complete with plump alien barmaids dressed for the Meet in colors and clothing that celebrated the jungle below their feet. Those days were behind her. At least for now. After this baby is born, I'm getting good and drunk. I deserve it.

She couldn't think of anything to say to Pierce, that wouldn't sound demanding, or stupid. He needed to think, so she would let him think. Lilaena glanced up at him, and caught him looking at her. He smiled another half-smile, and looked away.

Talk to me, dammit. She squeezed his hand, "Can we walk a little slower?" Uh oh. The chai tea she had drunk had already made its course through her body. "I need to find a public restroom. Now."

Pierce Tondry
Aug 14th, 2001, 01:24:44 PM
"Sure. There's one right over there." Pierce pointed.

"I'll be right back then," Lilaena left, hurrying over to the public refresher station.

Pierce watched her go then turned and leaned on the nearest guardrail, mixed feelings swirling inside his chest. Worry and apprehension were there, along with wonder and even a small amount of pride.

A child. He had a child.

He didn't want a child. He hadn't planned on having a child, and his line of work was a dangerous one to have a child in. Agents and Operators had children. Vice-Directors usually didn't. The position implied a commitment to the organization's cause above one's own family or desire to have children.

But hell- Pierce was galavanting around the galaxy hunting for his grandfather, so his commitment had to be wavering right about now.

He had a child.

Did that mean he also had a wife? Or just a lover? What was Lilaena to him if she was willing to carry his child to term and give birth to it?

So many questions, and the Vice-Director of Imperial Intelligence had no answers.

Oh, the blankety-blanking-bleeping-blank irony.

Pierce restarted the brick wall technique he'd been making use of lately to keep himself calm. Lately, the brick wall had been springing into his mind fully built, but right now Pierce felt like redoing the entire thing brick by brick, and perhaps adding extra layers of thickness and a barbed wire fence to it.

Brick by brick, brick by brick. The tension inside him faded, and at the edges of his vision, the bubble shape of the Fondor effect began to appear again.

Pierce had dubbed it the Fondor effect because he vividly recalled it getting him into and out of the Golt installation. It had helped him after that, too. Several times on Arcan IV, in fact. Several times.

Of course, he also recalled something similar happening at Toprawa, but that was somehow different. As though Toprawa had been a presentation of two different choices, not the creation of a solution to a problem he had.

Pierce looked down at the Cigna Guards tattoo on his arm. Ever since he'd rolled it up to look at in the mirror, it had certainly had gotten him into all kinds of trouble.

"Pierce?"

Lilaena was back, and internally Pierce winced. It was almost as if he could hear her saying ' Talk to me, dammit'. And Pierce couldn't blame her, either. He'd want a reaction from the father of his child, too.

Reactions were not something Pierce had many of. In some circles, he was as famous for keeping cool as he was for being a skilled warrior. But dammit, Lilaena was standing right next to him, and dammit, he had to try. Be damned nice if this was easy, though.

"Lily," he started. "It'd be damned nice if this was easy. Damned nice. But it's not."

He turned to look at her, standing by the railing and as beautiful as he'd ever seen her. "I don't know what to say. I wasn't expecting this. People in my position don't usually have kids, or even wives. I can't promise I won't get offed by a stray shot one of these days. But I'll try not to let you down."

Pierce's eyes left her eyes, and he stared out over Ithor's jungles again. ' Dammit, what does that statement mean?' "I want to do right by you, Lily. I'm not going to abandon you to the wolves; you or the baby."

A long, slow breath escaped his lips, sealing the commitment he'd just made.

Lady DeVille
Aug 15th, 2001, 03:11:32 AM
Lilaena leaned against the railing as well, within reach, but not touching Pierce. He let out a slow breath, but his eyes didn't leave hers. She blinked slowly. 'Won't abandon you...the baby or you.' His words rotated around in her head as she tried to read the meaning behind them.

Her hand rose to her face, and she ran it over her mouth and then tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. She smiled, "I appreciate it, Pierce." She turned towards the guardrail and leaned out in the view, trying to hide the sudden riot of feelings that had surfaced within her, and another tear that slipped down her cheek. I'm one huge raging hormone, dammit, can't I have control over anything anymore? This pregnancy was a huge commitment, and the commitment that the father had just made to her, and to his child, was no less huge. Wife...? He had said something about wives. What did he mean by that?

A long forgotten part of De'Ville's heart was awakening, the part that caused her to buy stargazer lilies in memory of her mother, and that remembered her father bouncing her on his knee. The part that had started dying in the orphanage, was murdered in the Imperial Academy, and finally buried by her Sith training. She angrily pushed it down, but a seed was planted in her soul. With enough water, it had a chance at growth.

De'Ville looked back at Tondry, standing against the railing looking as aggressively handsome as always. She took two steps and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him passionately, lustfully. When they separated for oxygen, she whispered, "I won't abandon you either." She stepped backwards-

-and was knocked off balance by a hard shove from the side. Lilaena was caught completely off guard and rough hands snatched at her holocam bag on her shoulder. She fell sideways, toppling out of control and over the guard rail. Catching the rail with one hand, De'Ville brought the other up to strengthen her hold. She dangled for a moment, then rage fueled her completely and she leapt back onto the herdship.

Elieen Cross
Aug 16th, 2001, 05:23:39 AM
It was sometime later. I didn’t really know, except the sun of this place was lower and that there were less beings in my immediate area. Possibly, they were watching one of the ceremonies that the joining of these ships signified. I had been to such things before, mainly to watch someone I had been assigned to assassinate. Big gatherings were good for hiding in and in some ways I felt at home and safely anonymous. Being out my myself like I was, this was a newish experience. Exposed. In it’s own way, the ability to do that was a relief in itself.

I even wondered if the fact I was with nothing to do for the first time in a long time, whether that was feeding the fantasy that my loved one was still alive. It was possible. I had time to dwell on thoughts, an unusual thing for me. I wasn’t sure if I liked it. Action was something that blocked the memories and allowed them to dim and the pain of separation to leave, leaving only …. Nothing. Even my memory of his face was dimming and it was my most precious possession. I didn’t want to give up hope, never. But… was there a time coming when I would have to leave it behind me?

I would give what I had found a chance. It was better for hope and a chance, than to give up and find out later you had been foolish. The greatest problem was… where would you ever start? Certainly, this chance encounter had been good, but there was not really much more to go with.

With that in mind, I turned around to view the beings behind me, walking about, seated, standing in groups. Look at them I thought, just look at them all. You could get lost in just a crowd like that, let alone having a Galaxy to use. How do you go about finding someone who you were not even sure if they wanted to be found? Millions of planets, who knows how many beings. Nowhere really to start. And for a lone person, which no group to back them and no real resources… it was lucky I had scraped up enough to get here after Arcan IV. Admittedly, I was an incredible thief, with all my prowess, but it seemed wrong to use my training and abilities to live as a common lowlife. But what else was there in the end? There was no cause, there was nothing I believed in to fight for, not anymore. All there was a memory and a hope.

I began to walk away from the ledge and thence onwards to where the other herdship had been docked. I thought I would go have a look around while I’m here, It wasn’t like I had anything better to do. Now, where was this big gathering the Ithorian leaders were having…? Oh yes, the datapad I was handed when boarded the herdship would tell me. I pulled it out, examined it, then chose the required direction. As I walked, I glanced about, running my eyes over the tourists that I passed. It was an old habit, but a good one to keep. You never knew when danger was near.

It took a while to reach the area where the festivities were happening. I had to admit, not many appealed to me and I just continued to walk and look. I looked to my side and saw a couple by a railing….

And with speed born of years of training, I ducked behind cover. I just peeked again, took a quick look to convince my disbelieving mind and took cover again.

Damn it. Not HIM again.

Pierce Tondry
Aug 17th, 2001, 12:42:48 PM
Pierce's first instinct was to dive over the railing after Lilaena, but he quickly suppressed that. After he saw that she'd grabbed hold of the railing with both hands and was pulling herself up, his attention turned to the thief who'd pushed her over the side.

It was big- some kind of alien with huge fleshy skin and giant hamhands. Similar to a Brubb, but not the same- not quite. It was also speeding away, trying to reach a crowd it could disappear into.

Pierce vaulted onto the guardrail, glad that it was thick enough for him to stand on without a gymnast's balance. He sped down it, his course paralleling the alien's. When he had gained enough distance, he leapt off it and tackled the other to the ground.

The holocam bag went skittering off into the crowd and Pierce scrambled to retrieve it. His hands took hold of it and he stood up, looking for the thief.

The alien was nowhere to be seen, not that that was surprising.

Pierce took the recovered bag back to Lilaena, who had followed him as though intending to retrieve the bag herself. Although he tried to smile at her, there was a falsity in it that came from the realization that he had almost lost both a child and a lover in one stroke, mere moments after learning that he had them. His rock solid core felt shaken, and when he caught up to Lily he hugged her protectively. "I should've been on the lookout," he murmured guiltily. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it," Lily smiled and Pierce felt reassurance creep into him. "I'm safe."

Pierce nodded. "Lily-" he started, then stopped. Not now.

"Yes?"

"Nothing. Here's your bag back. Do you want to get something to eat?"

Lady DeVille
Aug 19th, 2001, 01:40:23 AM
She took the bag in her hands, opening it to check that the contents were in one piece still. Not that there was much doubt, her lightsaber was quite durable, and undamaged. Lilaena sealed the bad again, and slung it over her shoulder. Food? Her stomach rumbled.

"That sounds like a great idea. I could eat a bantha." She bit her lip, and then grinned. "Nothing like near death to scare up an appetite."

Pierce half smiled at that, but his face seemed more serious than before as he took her hand and led her down another street. They caught a small hovercab and were whisked towards the center of the circle of herdships. De'Ville took the chance to cozy up next to Tondry, leaning her head on his shoulder as the cab drove through the light traffic.

When they reached their destination, Tondry helped her out of the cab, still holding her hand, and they walked into an open air diner with an incredible view of the inner side of the circle of herdships. The green jungle below was creeping into shadows as the sun fell towards the horizon, and the murmur of the crowds was pleasant in the growing dusk.

Pierce requested a table for two, and they were led to a table on the outer edge of the Tafanda Bay. A waiter lit a tall white taper in the center of their table, and Lilaena looked around her at their surroundings. It was breathtaking. In the center of the groupings of tables was a magnificent fountain, water splashing and dancing to softly played string instruments and colored lights. Couples, and some small families, were seated, all laughing and talking and enjoying the ambience of their meals.

Lilaena dragged her eyes back to her own table, and looked at her man. He was pretending to study the menu, while looking at her. She smiled. "What are you getting?"

Pierce grinned and rattled off something in Ithorian. She rolled her eyes. "Make that two, okay?" She smiled, remembering their first dinner out, and how she had fussed over his gestures of kindness. Now...they didn't seem so bad.

When the waiter came, he brought wine, but Lilaena refused it, and asked for water. Tondry had the waiter take the wine away, and they had their water served in wine glasses, for 'atmospere.' She twirled hers in her glass as he ordered for both of them, and then set it down again.

"This place is really nice, Pierce. But...do they have big servings?" She winked.

He laughed, "You'll get enough to eat, don't worry."

Pierce Tondry
Aug 21st, 2001, 12:04:01 AM
Lilaena smiled again (God, what a beautiful smile- and it looked especially good from someone who didn't want to kill him) and took a sip of water from her glass. "So what exactly did we order?"

Pierce grinned broadly. "You mean you don't know?"

"Ha, ha, very funny Mr. I-can-speak-Ithorian-and-the-Force-knows-what-else."

"I ordered us a fruit and vegetable tray, plus some meat garnish," Pierce caved and translated. "Ithorians aren't real big on serving meat, except in certain situations where it's diplomatic to. This is one of those situations where they're willing to bend the rules, but I've always found that I get more respect if I keep the local customs in mind anyway. So, meat garnish instead of a full platter."

Lilaena acknowledged his reply with a nod, but her eyes were introspective. “How many languages can you speak?”

Pierce ticked them off on his fingers. “Ithorian, Rodian, Ho’Din, Verpine, and Twi’lek I can speak conversationally and do diplomatic negotiations in. I know enough Bothan, Hutt, and Diamal to get by, I have some gutter slang from Coyn stashed away in my head, and I know swearwords and ‘where’s the refresher’ type phrases from about six or eight others. I have an Obroa-Skai degree in Interspecies/Intergalactic Relations that I picked up not long after I joined ImpIntel. It helps me fit in when I do an infiltration.”

Lilaena’s eyes had widened as the list had gone on. “Say something in Verpine.”

Pierce winced. “I’d rather not. I have to clack my teeth a lot when I speak Verpine and I don’t have any of the protective enamel I usually put on when I go to their homeworld.”

“Ho’Din, then.” Lilaena was not to be dissuaded.

Which was, Pierce reflected, one of the reasons she was attractive. Forceful and beautiful was a combination he enjoyed. And that smile.

Meanwhile, he had to think of something to say. One of his recent thoughts gave him an idea, so he sorted out the proper Ho’Din vocabulary and fitted it into a sentence. “ Ittin’ allay, eure aml da’in to’unvey egra te’malla Ho’aiyha.”

Lilaena’s expression went from properly awed to puzzled. “So what did you say?”

“ In honesty, I find your smile is as dazzling as the Ho’aiyha flower at midday,” Pierce translated with a soft grin. His neck warmed with self-consciousness, but his voice was nonchalant and his delivery offhand. “Technically, it’s supposed to be Ho’aiyha flowerchild, since all Ho’Din think of things as children of plants. Also, my hair should have waved on the words ‘allay’ and ‘te’malla’. Fortunately, most Ho’Din are forgiving of species without hair that undulates and accents certain words as far as translation goes.”

Pierce had the satisfaction of seeing Lilaena’s breath catch. “Did you mean that?”

The question caught him flatfooted. He didn’t want to say yes and admit anything after he'd scored a point, but saying no just wasn’t on the patrol route. His mind seesawed momentarily, then he settled on the truth. “Yes. I like it when you smile.”

“I- thank you.” Lilaena took a deep breath.

Then she smiled in an obvious way and Pierce let himself chuckle. “So- now it’s your turn. What did you do while you were at TSO? What are you good at?”

Lady DeVille
Aug 21st, 2001, 02:56:59 AM
De'Ville paused. What am I good at? Then she smiled again, an unconscious reaction to her own thoughts. "At the Order, I had a great many responsibilities. Well, at least until I...but, you know that story, so I'm not going to go into that right now." She rolled her eyes dramatically, and he chuckled. "Before we met, I had already become a Council member at TSO, and had been Master to a few apprentices. I can speak Basic fluently..." Lilaena winked, and sipped her water.

Pierce grinned, "I already knew that. What else?"

"I cut off a Sith Master's leg once in a spar. Which was, of course, a miscalculation on my part. Banestone nearly killed me after that, one leg and all. When I was an apprentice, I never knew when to call it quits. Hell, I nearly killed Live Wire and myself once in training. I had nothing to lose- I suppose my mentality was 'if I can't win, I'm taking you with me.'

"It earned me points for savagery, I think, but I learned control very quickly after the incident with Banestone. I laid low in the galactic scene, of course, because of my record with the Empire. And after I was promoted to Knight, a council position opened up, and I was given the spot." She paused as their food arrived.

He thanked the waiter, and Lilaena stared at the plate in front of her. "This isn't a fruit and vegetable tray, this is art!" She picked up a fork and brought a chunk of melon to her mouth. "...It's delicious, however."

They ate for a few minutes in silence, listening to the music of the fountain as the darkness began to deepen around them. Tondry looked over the single candle and encouraged her, "You were saying about TSO?"

She blinked. "Oh, right. As council member I settled disputes between apprentices, and started a few disputes of my own. There was some ridiculous trend among the Sith, to have affairs with Light siders, of all things." De'Ville snorted in an un-ladylike manner. "I put a stop to that. Fools, all of them, the Jedi included.

"But, I'm rambling. You asked, what am I good at? I'm good at killing. I've killed a lot of people, including my old master at the dark Jedi training Academy. Did I ever tell you about that? No?" She paused, thoughtful. "Remind me to tell you, but some other time. It doesn't feel right to talk about death at a time like this."

Pierce was quiet for a moment, and she looked up at the darkening sky. The first star appeared above her, and she remembered wishing on stars as a child. Lilaena looked back across at him, and wrinkled her nose up. "I'm not too good at knowing what to say in different situations. Well, I am...in some situations. To be honest, I've never been faced with anything like this before, and I'm a little...well, I'm a little on edge." She grinned, a nervous reflex. Tondry reached across the table and took her hand, keeping eye contact with her, but remaining silent.

De'Ville squeezed his hand, and bit her lip. "I've been a leader of troops and beings, I've been places I never imagined I'd see. I was an orphaned child, and I commanded thousands of lives. But-" She couldn't finish her thought. But it's all nothing, compared to this. How can I explain it when I don't understand it myself?

Pierce Tondry
Aug 23rd, 2001, 05:02:49 PM
"I know how it is," Pierce spoke into the break in conversation. "I figured I'd be an agent forever- sneaking and peeking, shooting and looting. I'd paid my dues to the people who had helped me, and I didn't owe anyone anything. Then I got stranded at Endor."

"It took everything I had just to get out alive. I ended up proving myself in every way I could at Endor, and suddenly I was leading a squad. Eight missions later, Isard promoted me to Vice-Director. I never expected it. I never wanted it. I didn't even think I could do it." Pierce looked away into the star-filled night. "But I did. I haven't let them down. And I won't, not ever."

Somehow, the private, warm atmosphere gave Pierce a reinforcing strength. The uncertain flickers in his mood were washed away by the fact that there was someone there listening to what he had to say. It felt good to let go of some of his private worries.

A balmy wind blew across the table, warming Pierce's hands. He gazed down at them and found Lilaena had his hands in hers.

"So what will you do now, Lily?" he asked her, looking up. "Now that your bridges with TSO have been burned, what are you going to do with yourself?"

Lady DeVille
Aug 24th, 2001, 01:48:12 AM
She held his hands across the table, food forgotten for the moment. Lilaena shrugged. "I seem to have been taken in by a group of Dark Jedi for the moment. Although I ran away from them to come here...I had a dream about you." She looked down, and then glanced up again. "I don't really have any plans. I'm going to track Prent down and get the name of his employer. But then, I guess it would be a good idea to get these nanites out of me first."

She grinned lopsidedly. "Its a little unnerving to think that some stranger could walk up and end my life without me even knowing I was in danger." Lilaena pulled her hands back, and picked up her fork again. "But I'll make it. I have this feeling that everything is going to work out. I think its the air here: keeps me from getting too depressed about my ...situation."

There was a loud pop and then a not so subtle booming sound, and a gasp from the beings gathered around on the other herdships. De'Ville and Tondry looked up, and the sky exploded into flowers of colored flames. The fireworks had begun. De'Ville slipped her light shoe off, extended her leg and lightly rubbed Pierce's ankle as the festivities continued.

Captain Tohmahawk
Aug 24th, 2001, 03:16:49 AM
"Look I really dont.."

"SHUT UP! I'm not here for the Gathering meeting, or whatever the bloody hell you call it. I have other things to look after. Now if you dont mind, go AWAY"

The Ithorian greeter bowed in a huff and left. Major General James T. Tohmahawk frankly couldn't care less what these damn hammerhead aliens wanted. He was here to meet with a supply shipper for some desperatly needed parts for the NRSF fleet. They were runnig on a tight timeline for the attack and he just didn't need the delay. The blasted hulk they called Defender was finnicky enough without added shortage of rare metal for the Ion cannons. It twisted that he had to even contact this shipper as it was. And with Jyanis trying to get Dodonna to allocate a few Star Destroyers, that left Jinn in charge of the fleet. He was a good Jedi, but not up to scratch on the Fleet. Zara Drecker was coming along well and had performed well at Acan IV, but she was still under trial.

Damn it, he needed to be cloned. He suddenly smiled and even laughed at the irony of that thought, something that startled the local human guide.

"Something amusing General"

"Nothing you would be concerned about. Now bugger off and find that man I need to talk to... Now"

The interpertor looked offended but waddled off anyway. Tohmahawk stared daggers at the departing aide, then decided he needed a walk. This BS was getting to him. He clenched his fists, them remembered he shouldn't have. His hands were healing well after the wounds he got, but they were still not quite right. And he had the limp still from the huge hand to hand fight.

He moved off towards the crowds, just wandering. Man, he was pissed off. Stuck here with nothing to do but wait that fat turd of a supplier...

He paused. The woman who seemed to be hiding from someone. Hadn't he seen her before? Tohmahawk suddenly brightened up. Yes he had. Last time he had seem her, she had told him to go hide under a rock. Politely of course. Well, seems he was here stuck, he may as well go say hello.

She seemed preoccupied and hence she was quite startled when he tapped her on the shoulder. Her face matched the one he remembered, even if she looked like a animal stuck in a spotlight. She was in a camei, whch seemed to highlight her face.

"Hey whoa! Elieen! It's me, Hunter!"

Elieen Cross
Aug 27th, 2001, 08:55:58 AM
I continued to observe Pierce under cover, wondering what he was up to now. I was somewhat surprised to see he was sitting with a woman I did not know of. The more I observed, the more I came to a conclusion that even made me a bit jealous. He was on a date. I fact, I was about to turn away when a hand touched my shoulder. Surprised that my usual early warning in the Force hadn’t come, I spun with the stick in my hand, ready to knock whoever it was to the ground.

“Hey whoa! Elieen! It's me, Hunter!"

I took some seconds to realise that fact for myself. I must have looked quite a sight, gaping. Mentally berating myself for allowing my defences to be this lax, I regathered myself mentally before snapping back a reply. “Where’s the girl Hunter? Why aren’t you under some rock looking after her?”

“She’s in the safest place in the Galaxy. Jina’s with an insane Dark Jedi who thinks the girl I s the key to her salvation. Quite funny really”

“Funny? What the frell are you playing at Hunter? An insane Dark Jedi is hardly my idea of safe!”

“When it’s the lunatic asylum that is Vjun, then she’s safe. Lets say I have my contacts there and I know she’s alive, well kept and looked after. What would you rather, I dragged her everywhere I went? This lapel of rank is not a joke or a disguise Elieen. Force Master Hunter is fun to be, but I have more responsibilities to others, than just one girl”

I focused on the indicated rank patch – the rank of a Major General. The division insignia was odd as was the inscription NRSF on a sewn on patch. The rest of the clothing was pure Hunter, right down to the boots and overcoat. Very much like a holoview star that was famous. What appalling taste. But that didn’t answer the question I had dance to my mind. “You said you name was Vatenen. The only Major General I knew of was a Tohmahawk and you were supposed to have killed him. Explain?”

“I lied”

“And your not now?”

He gave me quite a cheeky – and quite boyish grin. “Mmmm, not right now. Vatenen is an id I use to back up Hunter, when I don’t feel like moving through official channels. My real name is indeed James Tohmahawk, Major General and Commander of the New Republic Special Forces. Actually, would you like to take a seat with me and have some refreshment?”

“I would prefer not to, not with you, thank you” I made to turn away, when his hand grabbed my shoulder.

“Please. I’d rather have someone who doesn’t like me as company and doesn’t mind making it clear than the pathetic suckups I normally get. Please?”

He was pathetic, he really was. I would admit I wouldn’t mind some company either. “That was one of the most original lines I have heard. It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that it’s better for me if I’m not seen in the company of a Republic officer. Understand?”

He nodded, then took off his overcoat, turned it inside out, then put in back on. I noticed it was a different colour and all identifying marks were gone. He pulled out a set of eyeshades and even managed to change the set of his face. “Any better?”

Even the voice was changed! I had to burst out laughing, because such minor things were enough to make him a different person. “Yes, much better. Where would you like to go?”

“Probably away from everyone else. I don’t like crowds in the slightest”

Pierce Tondry
Aug 28th, 2001, 01:13:39 PM
Pierce smiled as he felt a slight pressure on his shoe. He shifted his chair so he could sit next to Lilaena and watch the fireworks at the same time. A thought occurred to him, and he grinned.

"What?"

Lilaena had caught the grin. Pierce took hold of her hand and gave it a pat. "Just thinking that at some point we could make our own fireworks."

"Fireworks," Lily murmured with a smile. She put her other hand on top of his, and the pair sat in the warm jungle weather of an Ithor evening, staring up at the lights and stars blanketing the night sky.

There was silence for a moment, then Pierce spoke again. "Reminds me of that old poem 'The Chandrilan Stars'," he said.

Lilaena gave him a questioning look, so Pierce decided to explain. "You probably don't know much about Chandrila, do you?" She shook her head. "Mm. Well, Chandrilans are typically very motivated individuals. 'Hitch your wagon to a Chandrilan star, and no matter the direction it will go far,' the poem says. In other words, get a Chandrilan to accept a cause and they'll support it with 110 percent, even if the cause is wrong."

A squealer firework went off and Pierce waited until it had exploded to continue. "But there's another part of the poem that compares the Chandrilan people to stars themselves. The poem ends with a pair of couplets that go like this:"

" To each his own, and to everyone
A day shall dawn bright as our paternal solar sun

And yet, in the end, on planets from near to far
Is not every son of suns a single stellar star?"

Pierce chuckled as he finished the recital. "Best work by a mediocre poet, whose name shall go unsung in the annals of Chandrilan history."

"Where did you learn it, Pierce?"

"Grade school. Memorized it for a class. Got average marks- apparently the teacher didn't think much of Lord Avery Faliwesh."

The name Fay-lee-wesh finished rolling off Pierce's tongue and silence between the couple resumed.

The fireworks finished with a magnificent display- each herdship in the grand chain fired off a set of explosives with different-hued trails. The trails were aimed in a conical fashion, so that it seemed a towering tent of fireworks had been launched, only to have them explode before they would have all joined together.

There was a brilliant flash, and then the display was over, with the image of a firework tree still lingering in Pierce's retina.

Lilaena continued to eat again, this time somewhat less ravenously than before. Pierce smiled. "When you're finished with that, tell me and we can go for a walk."

Lady DeVille
Aug 29th, 2001, 01:35:53 AM
Pierce never ceased to amaze her. When they had first met he had been a necessary annoyance, and then a hated Imperial. Then they became lovers, and even friends. She had thought Tondry to be a military man, nothing more, and yet as their relationship deepened new layers kept revealing themselves. Like poetry. To look at him no one would have guessed that Chandrilan verse lay inside. Or that he enjoyed romantic dinners underneath fireworks.

She smiled around her fork. Fireworks... It was an excellent notion. De'Ville finished off her plate of food, and leaned back in her chair, trying to ease the pressure on her waistband. She hadn't overeaten, but because of her changing shape, her clothes were beginning to get tight.

"Ready to go?" Pierce asked, and she nodded. He settled the bill without letting her see it, which made her grin, and then helped her up from her seat. She linked her arm in his, and they intertwined their fingers as they walked through the warm night.

The air had a spicy, tantalizing scent to it, and the Tafanda Bay was decorated gaily with tiny lights hanging from every shop front. "Did you already have a place to stay the night? My hotel is on the other side of the herdship." Lilaena leaned her head on Pierce's shoulder.

Elieen Cross
Aug 29th, 2001, 07:41:02 PM
As we sat at a table on the edge of the crowd, I stole a glance at Tohmahawk. He was morosely looking out over the ledge as the fireworks came to their climax, a bitter look creasing his face. As the last explosion sounded, he shifted in his seat.

“Why the hell do they need an organised gang bang? Cant they have their meeting without their utter rubbish?”

The more I sat here, the more I was realising this Tohmahawk was in a foul mood. He had snapped at the servers, he had been outright hostile to someone who had accidentally jostled him and I would believe he would have shot the Ithorian that was selling souvenirs if I had not jumped in first. The General sitting across from me had a serious attitude problem, one of the most outright rude beings I had ever met. “It’s not Rubbish Tohmahawk, it’s a celebration to them. It’s a highlight of their lives this Meeting. It’s like a way of saying all is right with their world and they celebrate that fact”

“Nothing is right with this world, nothing is right in the Galaxy, Elieen. Can’t they see that? It’s like there is a mass blindness that has descended on everyone, a huge case of wishful thinking. They should open up their eyes and really see what’s going on. See over there? Pickpocket. And over there? Thinking about a mugging. If all was right, nothing like that would happen. Every being, every situation is mere window dressing on something fundamentally wrong”

“You make like there’s no hope” I replied

“If there was no hope, I would have stepped out an airlock a long time ago. Maybe you should leave, I’m not good company now”

If I knew there was more to Tohmamahwk than that bitter and harsh exterior, I most likely would have. But I remembered the way he had held Jina’s shoulder, the last time we met. The hand signified he would protect her and keep her safe. From what I had seen, here was a volatile man of strong passions, unpredictable and dangerous. Just being here was like sitting next to an unstable reactor, you didn’t know when it would explode. The more I saw however, the more I was beginning to wonder what was under the surface of him. The fact he had risked his life to keep safe one girl spoke of that something deeper. Well, I hoped so, because on the surface he was repellent. “No, I would rather stay. How is Jade?”

That did break his mood, his face seemed to brighten up. “She’s good. I spoke to her a week ago, she’s happy and she made a friend. Something about Old Hob. Didn’t understand a word of it…. But it was good to hear her voice. I’m meaning to pick her up and take her with me when I go to Trogan”

“Trogan? I heard something about a trade conference there… what would you be doing there if you hate this?”

“Because I’m head of security for it, that’s why. I have one job to get out of the way and then I’m going there. Should be nice and peaceful for a change and I can get in some down time”

“Seems odd for a Major General to concern himself with security for a conference. Sure that’s a chance for a break? I mean, your going to be dealing with a bunch of rancors if what I have heard of the beings who…”

He interrupted me. “Yes I know. But when you have a bad tempered lunatic, with a lot of guns and not afraid to use them in the slightest, who cant be cajoled or pushed around… what would you do?”

“Behave?”

“Yep. I’m looking forward to quite a nice little holiday. Last time I did security, a delegate from Sullust tried to bribe me. I shot him in the foot. The most trouble free few days I’ve had.”

I smiled at that. And he did too.

Captain Tohmahawk
Sep 5th, 2001, 05:02:23 AM
She had a nice smile. It broke up the harshness on her face and seemed to light it. it seemed to change her to something else other than the incredibly hard ass bitch Tohmahawk had discovered Elieen to be. The fact she was good enough to take apart Jedi as her alter ego was notable in itself. He had seen her kill a highly powerful Dark Jedi with a knife, had seen her pick off soldiers and beasts with a gun.

An interesting thoguht came to his mind and he leaned forward.

"I was wondering... do you do mercenary work?". That seemed to surprise her.

"Well.... no. I always considered that beneath me. Do you really think a Royal Guard would stoop that low?"

"Not as Fire Blade... as Cross. I know there can be a difference. I need good people for this conference"

"Get your own troops Hunter. I'm not interested as I have other things to do". He nodded, hiding the fact he could sense it was an outright lie. He decided to dance around it.

"So, what were you doing on Arcan IV?"

"Who said I was there?"

"Jyanis did. He told me you even worked together"

"Jyani..... ahhh, Scorpion." She went quiet for a moment and then sighed. "What I was doing on that ball of mud is none of your business. Why do you think I would want to help out at your little party?"

He shrugged. "Jina will be there. I need someone to babysit if you want the truth, someone I can trust"

"Your taking Jina to Trogan? Why? Have you suddenly developed an intelligence problem?"

"Lets say I want to spend some time with her. Like it or not, she's in effect become my daughter by adoption. Besides, she hasn't got any family, has she?"

"And here I was thinking your were just a plain @#%$. Growing soft are you?"

He gave her a rude gesture, before his comm link went off. "Tohmahawk" he snapped into it.

"Sir, we have found..."

"Right, coming now. Out" He glanced at Cross, before digging into a pocket and placing a datachip on the table. "My contact. If you want to accept, 2000 credits, in advance"

"If I accept Hunter, there will be no money. I'll think about it"

"Best I'm going to get right now, isn't it?" She nodded. "Very well. Contact me Cross. I need someone I can trust". He got up to leave, but she reached forward and palced a hand on his to stop him.

"One question Hunter.... do you know a Marcus Q'Dunn?"

"Never heard of him. Why?" he replied

Pierce Tondry
Sep 18th, 2001, 12:11:57 PM
*Bump.*

Edited:

(ic)
"Yes," Pierce told her. "I'd been planning to stay a week, and had a room on hold for me. I was going to be here one way or another, despite what may have gone down."

"Which was?" Lilaena's head lifted from his shoulder and sought his eyes.

Pierce's normally square shoulders slumped slightly. "The New Republic interfered and botched an operation I was running on Arcan IV immediately prior to my coming here. I lost my personal rifle there because of Jedi interference. We got out with all our men, but it was a personal loss."

A moment of silence passed before Pierce continued. "Anyway, the op was scheduled to be long term- without the NR showing up, I might have been there for another month at least. And that was if things went as planned."

"Oh." Lilaena seemed slightly at a loss.

Of course, she wouldn't know about the Verpine inscription inside his rifle's casing, or where the weapon had come from in the first place. "Remind me to tell you about it later- it's a good story."

Lily smiled. "I will."

Pierce stopped, prompting Lilaena to stop, as well. "I guess this is where we part, huh?" Pierce said.

"Unless you want to come back to my hotel," Lilaena suggested. "You did mention something about making fireworks."

Pierce chuckled. "That I did, but- Well, I'm half here on business. I do have a few things to take care of tonight. But I promise I'll come see you in the morning."

Lilaena's eyes dropped, downcast. "Hey," Pierce lifted her face with both hands. "Don't act like that. When your head hits the pillow, you won't notice the time. So smile, okay?"

In spite of herself, Lilaena smiled. The moonlight cast her upturning lips and her eyes as pools of black, while her face was a pale white. Reminiscent of an Ithorian stargazer's coloring, his lover was beautiful.

Something he'd intended to ask her leapt to the tip of his tongue. "Lily?"

"Yes, Pierce?"

She was so beautiful, and yet- Not now, Pierce thought, shaking the idea away. Later, when I can do it properly. She deserves that much.

Instead of speaking, he leaned in and kissed her. "Dream of me," he smiled, then dropped his hands away.

She smiled, too. "I will," she promised.

The two of them stepped back, taking each other's hands momentarily, then letting those hands fall easily from each other's grasp.

Pierce gave her one last smile, then turned and began walking away at a brisk pace.

Lady DeVille
Sep 19th, 2001, 02:32:24 AM
Lilaena stepped back from Pierce and headed towards her hotel. It was still a few blocks away, but it was such a nice night... I'll just walk it.

As she walked, her thoughts kept returning to Tondry. He seemed to have more to say to her than he actually had... Right before they said good night he had looked like he was about to say something. De'Ville walked around a corner and started down the street her hotel was on, although it was still quite a few streets up. She hadn't gotten a sense of foreboding from him, so whatever it was would wait until morning.

She walked briskly, the skies were dark although the streets were well lit from the continuing festivities, and there were a lot of people around. Lilaena placed a hand on her abdomen, probing inward, trying to get a sense of her child's mind. It was almost too early, but aside from the obvious life sense, there was a glimmer of something else.

De'Ville smiled and walked around a group of people who were walking out of a bar. She was completely self absorbed, and so was startled by a shout, and got shoved hard in the back.

She was caught off guard, and fell to the street, skinning her palms on the permacrete sidewalk. There was another sound, one she didn't place immediately, as she scrambled to her feet. Her bag had come off her shoulder and fallen out of reach. The group of beings that had come out from the bar were surrounding her, and the stink of alchohol was on their collective breath. As one man reached for her, she quickly counted. Six.

Lilaena allowed the man to grab her left arm, and then she threw her right fist into his face, hitting something that popped in a spray of blood. He cursed, but his grip on her upper arm simply tightened.

"Watch out, she has spirit!" One of his buddies laughed as he picked up her bag. De'Ville reached out with the Force to pluck it out of his hand -

- and touched nothing. She gasped in a sudden panic as she couldn't feel anything around her. In the corner of her eye she saw another man approaching from the group.

"Frell, get her off the street! Dumb f- !" De'Ville used her captor as leverage and kicked the new man in the gut, and then brought her other foot around to catch him in the throat. He went down, gurgling and gasping for air as he clutched at his injured throat.

Her arm twisted around, and she went down on her knees in pain as the man holding her kicked at her face. Lilaena clutched at her stomach in sudden and biting fear as she was dragged into the darker alleyway. Where is the Force? Anger rose in her, stronger than her fear, and she caught her balance and hooked her ankle around her captor's leg. He went down hard, but he still didn't let go of her arm, and it was wrenched badly as she fell on top of him.

He growled and pushed her up and off of him, releasing her arm finally. De'Ville regained her feet and found herself surrounded by the group of thugs. One of them was fooling around with her lightsaber. It wasn't activated yet, apparently he was too drunk to realize what he had. Or maybe he wasn't...

The man who she had kicked in the neck moved towards her, hands reaching for her. Lilaena pivoted on one leg, kicking him in the center of the chest and popping the air out of him again. Here eyes searched for a weak link in the circle of males, but there didn't seem to be one.

Without the Force, she felt helpless. But she was still in prime physical condition, and capable of fighting them off without the use of the Force. The reason she couldn't feel the Force was eluding her. De'Ville clenched her fists and broke another nose as a thug got too close to her.

But, while her back was turned, another being punched her hard in the kidneys, sending her sprawling to the ground again. He picked her up and threw her roughly against the wall of a building, smacking her head against the bricks. Dazed, De'Ville fell forward, only to be shoved back again, her head hitting painfully.

He leaned against her, his breath stinking of alchohol as he fumbled...

She found herself screaming then, trying to push him away, but her reflexes were sluggish from the blows to her head, and she was filled with an all consuming fear of what she knew was coming.

Captain Tohmahawk
Sep 19th, 2001, 06:10:17 AM
"One question Hunter.... do you know a Marcus Q'Dunn?"

Thank the Force he was good at hiding his real expressions. Of all the questions he thought she might ask, that was the absolute last. He was startled badly.

"Never heard of him. Why?" he replied, without a pause, shrugging his coat into place. How the hell did she know that name?

“There was reports on Arcan IV of a previously unknown Jedi causing a lot of carnage there. Did you see the holo of that man breaking out of a execution chamber?”

Oh. Safer ground “NRSF trickery. We faked the transmission. Intelligence just picked the name out at random. I think we only slip we made was having the “Jedi” being named by the officer in that room. Now I think about it, there was no way it could have happened.” And every copy of that holo had been destroyed very fast. Not a single copy existed. The story he had just told Elieen was now in circulation and had rapidly buried the Q’Dunn name. Only one person from that room was left alive

And NRiF are out finding him for a different reason. No one outside the chosen few knows anything that can be pointed at me. Once we have Tondry, I’m clear once again

But Tondry wouldn’t really know enough either. All Q’Dunn was, was just a name. It still puzzled him how Tondry had gotten the name in the first place, but it probably would do no one any good. Tohmahawk was hardly more than a name either. There was precisely one entry in the databases with anything less than eyes only clearance - Being name, bithdate, and current assignment – personal envoy to the Chief of State. Even after that, information was virtually non existent, the NRSF had set up its own databanks and it’s own security, it’s own comms links. And with Evanar now working on the anti slice countermeasures with Yoghurt and I, the chances of Imperial Intel getting a drop on us are more and more remote everyday. Not even Jyanis has override codes, no one can pull the same stunt on us that we did to TSE. We’re like a shadow, never able to be locked into place and hidden from sight at the best of times. No one even knows where our real home base is

Which made the public face of Arcan IV doubly useful.

He stepped away from the table and pushed his chair back in. “Anything else you want to ask?”

She also got up. “No, I guess that the bounty for information is worthless then”

Ah FRELL!!! “Very much so. Who’s offering and how much?”

“But you said he doesn’t exist”

“Yes, but it sounds like a good opportunity to spread a bit of false information. I’m not impartial to that”

Elieen Cross
Sep 19th, 2001, 06:11:29 AM
“But you said he doesn’t exist”

“Yes, but it sounds like a good opportunity to spread a bit of false information. I’m not impartial to that”

How true I thought, how very true. Initially I had my hopes dashed, then in a carefully placed word trap, I had appealed to the Bounty Hunter instinct I knew he had, to make sure. His mind was a blank wall for any thought probes and I also noticed that he didn’t even seem to exist in the Force. To me, here was a man with something to hide and no amount of clever alias was going to hide that. However he was hiding in the Force, it was extremely good, far too good. No being was not part of the Force.

The clever thing was that I would never have known if I had not been deliberately looking in the Force. This was a powerful man in the Force and well trained and a brilliant liar. He nearly got away with it too. There of course was no bounty, I had made that up. “I don’t know to be precise. Before I left Arcan IV, I heard there was a whisper of a crime lord wanting to find out who had so neatly wiped his organisation out. 5,000 credits”

“Hmmm. Not worth the time. If it was Imperials, I’d say it would be worthwhile. Think my offer through Miss Cross. You have my contact details, I expect to hear from you”

“I’ve made up my mind” I ran that back through my mind. Did I really say that?

“Oh?”

“Answer’s yes. When and where on Trogan are you going to be?”

“One month from today. Leesfat. The actual conference is being held in Defcon Grand Hotel. Okay?”

I personally didn’t know this place. But, with a month of lead time, I could get well accquinted” Fair enough. I’ll be in contact Hunter”

Pierce Tondry
Sep 20th, 2001, 12:49:44 AM
Pierce's head shot up like an animal caught in floodlights. He had never heard that scream before, but the voice-

Abruptly, he about-faced and sprinted towards the source of the scream. He took a zig-zag course through alleyways of the herdship, rounding a corner to see his worst fears confirmed.

Lilaena, slightly beaten, was surrounded by several beings, two of whom were pressing her up against a wall in a certain way.

Something clamped down inside Pierce's mind and he focused in on the two beings closest to Lilaena. One was male, thirtysomething, and thuggish. The other one was the massive alien who'd attempted to mug Lily earlier that day.
Strapped to his back was a crude-looking nutrient frame that held a ysalamiri.

She's trapped- injured and can't use the Force. Lily... the baby... NO!

Whatever had previously clamped down slammed shut. Pierce broke into a charge, shoving one man aside to get to the two blocking his wife.

"You," his words were raked with sheer rage. "Get away from her!"

Both beings turned to look at Pierce, but in the Intelligence field hesitation often means death. Pierce's charge was continuing even as they oriented on the new threat. He barreled past the man nearest his wife, knocking him aside and then slammed straight into the alien with the ysalamiri.

Pierce could feel something give as he impacted with the torso of his opponent, but even then he didn't stop. With the alien as his battering ram, Pierce continued into the alley wall.

There was a squishing crunch, and both bodies tumbled to the ground. Pierce was up in an instant with his fist raised to pummel the alien further. He struck the other once, then twice, causing another crunch, but then he stopped as he drew his hand back for a third blow.

Both alien and ysalamiri were dead. From the look on the alien's face, the first impact was what had killed him.

Pierce's hand shook with a mixture of rage and fear of his own strength. He hadn't meant to kill the alien, just incapacitate it. Certainly, it seemed an improbable feat, especially given the alien's impressive physique and tough skin. But not only was it now dead, it had a mess of fur and blood beneath it that had been an ysalamiri.

Pierce took a deep breath. A mistake had happened. He wouldn't do it again.

Abruply, he stood up again. One of his arms swung outward and wrapped around the face of the other man who'd been pushing up against Lilaena. He jerked, and the other man fell to the ground, crying out in pain.

The remaining five men took a moment to assess the loss of their fellows, then rushed Pierce simultaneously.

He pulled a holdout blaster from inside his shirt and shot them all dead. The last one dropped to the ground a foot from his shoes.

And then the fight was over, the adrenaline energy suddenly superfluous. Pierce slid his blaster back inside a concealed holster and recalled his imaginary brick wall technique, trying to work some coolness back into his psyche.

A low sobbing caught his attention. It was Lilaena.

Pierce knelt down to where she crouched. He gently pulled her to her feet, then wrapped his arms around her. "Lily, shhh," he whispered, smoothing her hair and cradling her gently. "Shhh. It's okay now. They're gone. I'm here, and they're gone."

Lilaena drew back and looked into his eyes, then wrapped her arms around him again, tears streaming silently from her eyes.

While Lilaena cried herself to calm, Pierce ran back over what had happened. He vaguely remembered the alien's body folding in two upon impact. One of his hands quested around his lower back and found a tender spot where Pierce's hazy memory told him the alien's skull had hit.

He, Pierce Tondry, had snapped the thug in two for his intented crime.

And Lilaena. What of Lilaena?

Something else recalled itself- Pierce had earlier thought of her as his wife. He hadn't meant to, but the fact had meaning. And with Lilaena's pregnancy rendering her more vulnerable, who knew if Pierce would get another chance to ask her what he'd been meaning to?

"Lily," he whispered quietly, catching her attention. Her tear-streaked face pulled itself from his shoulder. "Lily, I was going to ask you this when I had a ring to give you and maybe a nice restaurant to do it in, but I don't think it's good to wait anymore."

Pierce caught surprise and recognition reflected in Lily's eyes before he went to one knee and took her hand. "Lilaena De'Ville," he said solemnly. "Will you marry me?"

Lady DeVille
Sep 20th, 2001, 01:27:31 AM
Lilaena stared at him, tears drying on her face in the warm Ithorian night air. "Pierce, what are you doing?" She tugged at her hand, but he held it tightly in his as he looked up at her.

"I'm asking you to be my wife." There were bodies littering the alleyway, but there he was: down on one knee in a pool of blood, asking her the question that little girls dream about.

De'Ville knelt in front of him, holding his hands in hers. Her clothes were ripped, her hands were skinned, and her head ached fiercely. A thousand different answers leapt to her tongue, but none of them made it past her lips.

"You saved me." Her tone was one of wonder. Already she was blocking pain in her body with the Force, and knew the baby was fine. "No one ever did that before."

He just looked at her, letting her get around to answering him. They knelt in the moonlight, his eyes shining as they reflected the moon. He was so strong...and their connection was deeper than simply the physical bond. Her mind drifted back to their first meeting, and the mission in the sky hook. Even then they had watched the other's back without thought.

"Well?" He smiled a little and she tremulously smiled back.

"Yes." Her voice was barely over a whisper. He leaned closer to catch her words. "Yes. I will. I will!" I will always fight for us. She made the unspoken promise at the same time, as she threw her arms around him.

Pierce Tondry
Sep 20th, 2001, 10:19:52 PM
Pierce stood up, lifting Lilaena into the air and swinging her into a circle. Both of them laughed in their happiness at having dedicated themselves to each other.

For Pierce, it was a great comfort to know that, in all the universe, there was someone willing to stand back-to-back with him against everything that existed. In spite of whatever flaws or faults they had, in spite of whatever fights or disagreements they would have with each other, they were together.

United, they stood.

Pierce set Lilaena down on her feet and exhaled. Then he caught sight of the corpses in the alley and was brought back from the present.

He plucked a small gun-like device from his belt and knelt by the alien he'd unthinkingly mangled. He pressed its' nozzle by the neck of the alien and pulled the trigger. The device made a snapping sound and then Pierce withdrew it. The procedure was repeated for each corpse on the scene, then he returned the device to its' place.

Pierce then turned to look at Lilaena and his eyes lifted in surprise. "Well, it might help to know who they were," she said, brandishing a wallet purloined from the pocket of the alien's pants. "It's an old habit."

"I know it helps," he said, smiling in spite of himself. "And I was going to do just that. I just wasn't expecting you to do it."

Lilaena put a hand on her hip and struck a pose. "All women have their surprises."

Pierce shook his head with a broad grin. "Let's get to work. And when we're done, we can work out when we're going to get married."

An idea struck him and he chuckled. "I think I'll see about adding some fireworks to the discussion."

"Fireworks," Lilaena murmured. They both laughed.

Together.

Lady DeVille
Sep 21st, 2001, 03:45:49 AM
De'Ville closed the door to her hotel room, and wearily sat in a chair as Pierce checked inside the small refridgeration unit installed in the kitchenette. He returned with a bottled water for her, which she accepted eagerly, unscrewing the top and drinking it greedily. Tondry sat down on the edge of the bed, facing her, and patted the comforter next to him.

Lilaena put her water down, getting up and taking his hand. "Did you want to discuss now?" She pulled him to his feet. "Because you're pretty dirty, Pierce."

He grinned, "So are you, Lily. Its not going to hurt you." He pulled her back down to the bed, and she snuggled against him, suddenly serious.

"If we... I mean, you are here on business, so I don't imagine you have much time here to be social." Lilaena wrapped her arms around him, listening to his heart. "There is that ceremony happening at the Bafforr grove tomorrow, which I wanted to see. I'm going to be doing some sightseeing then, maybe go to the Falls of Dessiar. You are free to join me," I'd like it if you did, "if you don't have other plans." I hope you don't. She laced her fingers with his, and leaned up for a kiss, which he readily supplied. "And I think we should get married soon, and not traditionally, as I have no friends or family to invite."

De'Ville pushed him down on the bed and began unbuttoning his shirt.

Marcus Telcontar
Sep 25th, 2001, 06:30:12 PM
He nodded as she turned to walk off – but she paused as they suddenly found themselves surrounded. A bit perplexed, Tohmahawk spoke.

“Stand aside unless you have legitimate business”

“Shut up. We want the woman. Get lost unless you want to be…” the words tapered off as the human was now staring down the barrel of a large hand gun that Tohmahawk quick drew.

“No I think you don’t have business here. Take a hi…… “ The words tapered off as the rustle of 16 blasters being drawn came out. “Ah. Shit”. He took a slow shuffle to be closer to Elieen and spoke quietly so she could only hear his words “Friends of yours?”

“They tried silly buggers with me an hour ago” . He could hear the anger in her voice, but she was calm. Tohmahawk gave the group, mainly humans a look over. Spaced well, not close. He did have to wonder how he didn’t sense the trap being closed though.

“Step aside buddy, we don’t want you. We want her”

He now understood. He wasn’t in danger, thence the danger sense would not flare. “No, I found her first. Get you own”. He heard Elieen snort. Now he felt his danger sense flare….

“Wrong answer. Stun!”

Before the last syllable got out, Tohmahawk was already moving, stepping once and then using his adaption to heavy gravity to leap high. While in the air, he opened fire, hitting one, then a second human with the projectile of his rail gun. The crack of the bullets being spat out was drowned out by bangs of the explosive rounds detonating. Body parts and gore began flying as he landed, a high pitched scream sounded behind him. Another thug tried to bear arms on him, moving faster, Tohmahawk aimed at eye level before turning his head away and firing.

Blaster fire began to sound out, as well as the unmistakable sound of a sabre being lit and being used. Without looking, he kicked backwards, feeling it connect with most likely a throat. He spun and pushed off, speeding up to a darting run, knowing the importance of keeping moving. Another screech behind him, more blaster fire. More screams and a gurgle. He spun and fired, moving back toward where he saw Elieen, red sabre in hand, moving like some sort of demented whirlwind.

7 down…. No, 8

Most were using kill shots, which were useless against a sabre. However, to her left, one of the thugs aimed and hit Elieen with a stun shot, that sent her crumpling to the floor. His hand ducked into his coat as the rest of the gunmen turned to him.

“HOLD!.. don’t be stupid. I have a Class A Thermal Detonator in my hand. Put the guns down NOW”

It made them pause and gave Tohmahawk the chance to withdraw his hand slowly, where the beeping of the steel ball in his hand was suddenly deafening.

“Good…. Step backwards. In a group. Guns down. Do it and I’ll think about letting you live”

“I think your bluffing”. One of the thugs spoke, it was the same one that kept his head and shot Elieen with a stun bolt.

“I don’t bluff” Tohmahawk replied.

“Yeah? I think you are”

Standoff. But he had an idea. “You know who I am?”

“Do we care?”

Tohmahawk reached up and took his shades off, allowing them to fall to the ground. He then opened his coat up more, to uncover the lightsabre that was up to then hidden. “Ever heard of a guy named Turbogeek?”

That truly caught their attention. He could feel the doubt and uncertainty now. “But … he’s dead!” replied his challenger.

“Yes – because I killed him. Want to put the guns down now?”

“Your… Force Master Hunter?!?!”

“Want to find out for sure? Guns down. NOW”

There was a pause, then a clatter. Nice to have an alias known for complete ruthlessness, he reflected, as he walked over to where Elieen was.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 7th, 2001, 02:20:46 PM
Pierce caught Lilaena's arms and ran his hands up them and began kissing her lips. "Actually, this whole thing needs to be kept hush-hush," he said between kisses. "It could jeopardize my job and my life if someone in Intel found out that I was having a relationship with a member outside of the organization."

"We can't have that, now can we?" Lilaena ran a hand through his short hair, pulling his face close for an especially fervent kiss.

"Maybe one of these days," Pierce shook his head when he had a chance to come up for air. "I have a list with the names of a good forty percent of Intelligence operators who would willingly support me in anything that comes up."

"That's a lot," Lilaena murmured. Their hands had been busy, and the two of them were now embracing beneath the sheets.

"Yep," Pierce replied. "One of these days-"

Lilaena interrupted him. "Shut up and kiss me."

<center>######</center>

The next day dawned brightly, sunlight streaming in through a window in Lilaena's rented hotel room. The glimmering streams fell upon the couple, and Pierce awoke to the bright new day.

With a quick smile and kiss on his sleeping fiancee's cheek, he slipped out of bed and showered, then got dressed in the clothes he had discarded the night before.

The hotel room had a balcony, and it was this Pierce stepped out onto after dressing. The air outside was warm and balmy, and the jungle smells awakened him the rest of the way. He found himself hungry, and knew that he would have to eat soon or suffer his stomach's reminders for a while.

There was another event his grandfather had wanted to view, scheduled to take place today. It was a mid-morning celebration- capturing of fabulously colored jungle birds of all kinds, then releasing them in a cloud of life.

Surely Lilaena wouldn't mind him slipping off early for it.

Still, he couldn't just disappear with the night. He would order her a room service breakfast and send her a note with it.

Satisfied with his plans, Pierce left the room. As he exited the door, he took a last, lingering look at Lilaena.

Then the door closed, and Pierce had things to do.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 7th, 2001, 05:12:41 PM
The early morning sun shone through the open doors that led out to the balcony, illuminating the cozied body of Lilaena. A warm breeze ruffled the sleeping woman's hair, and her eyes slowly blinked open, eyelashes brushing the pillow her head was resting on. Facing the other side of the bed, she could see that Pierce was no longer in bed with her.

There was someone near, but it was no one she knew. De'Ville slipped out from the sheets as the electronic chime from the door rang. She grabbed a robe from the 'fresher as she passed it, and tied it around her tightly. Pressing the intercom, she searched with her eyes for her bag. There.

"Who is it?" She yawned, while trying to sound as alert as possible.

"Room service, miss." The male on the other side of the door sounded bored. De'Ville keyed the door open, and allowed him to push the repulsor cart inside. He waved away her attempt to grab some creds to give him. "Already got paid, miss. There's a note." His Basic had a distinct Alderaanian accent.

She got him out of the room, and locked the door behind him, pulling a lid off one of the two plates. It looked delicious. Scambled dukata eggs, with crumbled cheese cooked inside, glass of a local juices. The second plate held a serving of whole grain toasted bread, and an assortment of jams. Lilaena's stomach growled, and she pulled the cart over to the single chair.

Plucking the note from between the vase of tiny blue flowers and the plate of eggs, Lilaena inhaled the spicy aroma of the jungle which wafted in through the open balcony doors. The sounds of aviatic life greeted her ears, but her eyes were on the piece of flimsy in her hand.

Lilaena, my Ho'aiyha flowerchild, I had some business to attend to. I will catch up with you later. Yours, Alexander. De'Ville looked up from the note to watch a flock of manollium birds fly by the balcony. One paused, flitting down to rest on the railing, preening its brilliantly colored plumage. Using the Force, De'Ville pinged the rail, sending the bird fluttering into the sky again.

She smiled, setting the flimsy down and picking up a fork to try the eggs. What Pierce had said the night before, about keeping it hush hush, was practical. She couldn't exactly let it get out that she was marrying either. The fact that he had signed the note using the name she had first met him with served to punctuate his seriousness. Lilaena studied his handwriting as she ate. It somehow reminded her of him. Made her miss him already.

Laughing at herself, she finished off the breakfast her fiance had thoughtfully provided her, and then peeled off the robe and slipped into the sonic shower to remove the dirt and sweat from the night before. She had a few ideas of her own on how to spend today. And it didn't involve staying in her hotel room, either.

The ceremony in the Bafforr grove was scheduled for mid afternoon. After that there would be just enough time to catch a transport to the Falls for a sunset viewing. It was supposed to be spectacular. Lilaena relaxed into the shower, allowing the ions to pummel and cleanse her body.

Elieen Cross
Oct 7th, 2001, 11:52:09 PM
I was one moment fighting and in the next, I was on the ground. What’s more, I didn’t feel like I had much motor control. And even on that, I noted as I came to, there was a good more men, heavily armed ones surrounding the area. Then there was the raised voices. It took me a moment to work out what they were saying, but before that I could clearly recognise Tohmahawk. And he was, to put it mildy, annoyed.

On understanding what he was saying, more like extremely pissed off. He was utterly on fire with his stream of profanity and outright abuse he was dishing out to two Ithorians I could see as my eyes focused and I could raise my head. A medic I hadn’t noticed until now bent down over me.

“How you feeling miss?”

“Like poodoo. What the frell happened?”

“You were hit with a stun shot. Your neural system is just trying to stabilise normally”

“No… him. What he so upset about?”

The young man’s face twisted. He had a cloth badge on his black combat gear, reading NRSF, 140th, Krayt Dragons. For a medic, he was heavily armed and armoured. “The General got caught in an ambush. We barely got here in response to his emergency beacon and I guess he’s taking out his anger. Was quite a firefight for a while there. We had two killed”

I managed to look a bit more. There was more than two bodies lying around the place… which, I had to admit was looking a bit second hand. “You lost two?”

“Yeah, for 60 of theirs. The general is not happy and I don’t blame him. We shouldn’t have lost anyone”

30 to one loss ratio… and they were Unhappy? I tried to get up, but I had too much of a head spin and just flopped down again. By the Force, they were unhappy with something the Royal Guards would have found satisfactory! What a fighting force Tohmahawk was training. I had heard the NRSF had achieved a loss ratio that I found hard to believe.

“..And if you don’t like it, you can shove it up your &^(*&%*()^^! Wha? Oh she’s awake? Good. Now you two are going to find some f&^%$#( that can explain why I got attacked by what is quite obviously well armed and trained men, in a f*&*#@$ area where you shouldn’t be able to get F^&@^@ guns like that in. Got it?”

There was a reply from one of the Ithorian, broken into my Tohmahawk “Didn’t you ******** LISTEN? Don’t ******* argue with me, **** off and do what I said. Now”. Another reply and Tohmahawk obviously ran out of whatever patience he had. He drew a gun and shoved it into the face of the Ithorian. “One more word and I give your head an amputation. Got it?”

They seemed to get the point and hurried off, accompanied by a squad of these NRSF troops. The medic stood and saluted, as Tohmahawk came over.

“How you feeling Cross?”

I noted the tone of command straight away. It was like hearing a Grand Moff again. “Bad. What happened?”

“You were hit from behind by a stun shot. I was dealing with the attackers, when I was nearly overrun by a as yet unidentified group of soldiers. We had quite a battle here after the bail out guys got here in response to my emergency call. I activated that with our first group of thugs.”

That meant Tomahawk must have had a backup squad nearby, ready for something like this. Interesting.

“Can you get up?”

I tried again and failed, With some ill grace, he stooped down and picked me up quite easily. “You got her sabre and staff?” I heard him ask I didn’t really hear much more, as I passed out again.

Some time later, I woke up with a start. The place I was in was standard recovery room. I managed, to my surprise to sit up with no after effects, which meant I had been given treatment and a most likely knock out drug, timed to allow me to come to at a certain time. I noticed the armour on my right arm had been removed. But to my relief, nothing else other than my boots. I saw that on a table was my staff, sabre…. And my travelling pack.

Odd.

I noticed that I had no impediments to movement, so I swung my legs over the side of the bed, for my bare feet to touch the floor. It was warm, not cold like I was expecting. I stood up and walked to my pack. I noticed it was still locked and untampered with. I also now noticed that my other belonging were here, along with the rifle I had picked up on Arcan IV.

Odder. Someone had taken the trouble to pack my room I had been staying in at Ithor.

I heard a small noise and I turned with some surprise.

Oddest yet. It was a small girl, sitting on a chair. Flame red hair, staring at me.

“Jina?”

She gave me a tiny, hesitant smile.

General Tohmahawk
Oct 8th, 2001, 05:59:38 PM
The young Lieutenant walked quietly into the room, attempting to place a datapad next to the man apparently sleeping on the recliner without disturbing him. Before he could, Tohmahawk opened one eye and turned his bandaged head toward the soldier.

“I’m awake. What is it?”

“Sir, communication from the Ithorians”

“Oh? It better be good, I’m not really in the mood to propagate what is going to be a major diplomatic incident”

“They wish apology for threatening one of their own with a weapon”

Tohmahawk would have laughed, but with bandages strapped around his chest, arm and a drip in the forearm as well, he wasn’t feeling good. “You have to be kidding. Has it been explained that having a Republic General being attacked in their warehouse area and barely getting out alive doesn’t look too good for them?”

“Sir, they also unconditionally offer their apologies to you as well and wish you recovery. They understand your actions, but still want apology for offending…”

“Yes, yes. Fine. Have Keating word up something suitable and I’ll sign it” Tohmahawk’s voice was low and fairly calm, punctuated with pauses as his head throbbed. “How has our efforts to keep this quiet gone?”

“Very well. There were no witnesses we can find and the gunfire was mistaken for fireworks. As you were attacked in a warehouse area, there was simply no one there. We have the area sealed off and are spreading the story there was a nasty speeder accident, carrying chemicals and hence the area is not safe. By the time anyone is allowed there, we will have all evidence of a fight erased”

“The Ithroians have co-operated?”

“Apart from a handful of leaders, they even don’t know. Seems whatever their leadership group is called, don’t want their Meet disturbed. Seems to me they are deeply offended someone would do as they did and want to make amends Sir. With that, they request the immediate removal of the woman who was the target”

“Pardon? She was the target?”

“As high up in the Republic as you are Sir, your presence here was totally unknown, no one could have organised an attack like that so fast. This Cross woman, however has been here for some time. The Ithorians thence conclude that she was the target and you were the unlucky person caught in the middle”

Tohmahawk tried to think through the pounding in his head. Somehow that all made sense. Considering he knew someone wanted Elieen dead and badly – it was just that the number of mercs used was excessive…. Unless they knew who exactly Elieen really was. “Accepted, She was the target. Can you leave me please? I really have a foul headache”

“Ummm, yessir! If any of the Ithorians want to see you, what will we say?”

“I would love to tell them to take a jump out of an airlock, but I bet the diplomats will be working for years to smooth this one over. I’ll see them, but make sure I get some rest first. I really don’t feel like seeing anyone right now”

The lieutenant saluted smartly, then exited, closing the door behind him. Tohmahawk sighed, then grunted as another pain spurt hit him. Now alone, he used the Force to deaden the pain and also begin to speed up the healing process. And begun to think.

I’ve been so used to the bad guys been after me, I didn’t even consider they might be after someone else. Okay, so she was the target. Now why would someone want to kill her?

The answer was easy, but also impossible at the same time. Dead men don’t order executions. He dismissed Venom, while another name drifted into his mind. Why that person would want Elieen dead…… no scratch that. It might work. The method of extreme force fitted, as well as surprise attack. Tohmahawk could well believe that person had the resources to sneak such a group past Ithorian security.

But it to him wasn’t tracking true. How many being knew Elieen was Lord Fire Blade? 2, 3? What would a Wayland Yutanti data pusher do to warrant such an inappropriate attack?

Gah. All to hard right now. Better to rest for a few hours and sort it out when he was feeling better. Tohmahawk breathed in, then out, beginning to put himself into a healing trance for two hours.

Pierce Tondry
Oct 30th, 2001, 01:58:51 PM
"Careful," the Ithorian catcher told him. "Easy. Now!"

Pierce hurled the net out over the rail of the repulsor car and watched it drop towards the trees. Below the net, a bird had woken to the fact that possible predators were above it, and was springing into the air.

It's mistake was in its' flight plan, which took it upward and not away. The net draped itself around the bird, firmly ensnaring it, and Pierce pulled his struggling catch in.

"Excellent!" the catcher cried, excitedly eyeing the net. "A Tropical Hawk! You are most skilled! Have you caught birds or other wild animals before?"

Other wild animals. Pierce grinned. "No, just this one."

"It was excellent, marvelously well done," the catcher shook his trunked head vigorously. "Your first catch of the day. Who shall be next?"

Pierce took a seat towards the back of the car, letting the next hopeful step up to the railing. The truth was that this was actually his third catch of the day. He had switched cars five times in an effort to search for his grandfather, but had so far had more luck in nabbing the birds than he had in finding his own relative.

He checked his wrist chrono. The morning was progressing. It was already 9:20. The car should be going back soon.

"We are finished!" the catcher said as the Bothan who'd stepped up to try his luck pulled a bird in. "We have twenty birds, which we will now return with. We thank you all for participating in our preparation, and now invite you to view the ceremony."

Pierce settled into his seat as the hunting car began to move. In a few minutes, he would have his answer as to whether or not his grandfather was onplanet. When all the cars came in, he could check the passengers to see if they were recognizeable.

The car pulled into the hangar, where a small group was already gathered. Pierce sat forward, scanning the occupants. He recognized no one.

Disembarking from the car, he went over to stand in the group, holding the Tropical Hawk he'd recently caught firmly in its' net and casually glancing around. His grandfather was not there. "Anybody left?" he asked of a nearby Alderaanian female.

"No, no one's gone," she asked, looking at him strangely. "Why?"

"No," Pierce shook his head, though the answer had been helpful. "I meant, is there anybody left yet to come in."

"Oh," the Alderaanian shrugged. "Two more cars, I think. One of them got caught in some foliage while trying to avoid some birds on the way back and the other went to help."

"Ah," Pierce nodded. "Great."

It took another ten minute for the cars to come in, one slightly trailing the other, which had several scrapes in the paint. Pierce watched carefully as both cars disembarked.

His grandfather was not among the passengers.

With another opportunity gone, Pierce began making contingency plans. After the ceremony was over, Pierce could go back to the hotel and wait for Lilaena to return.

'After all,' Pierce thought as he smiled at the netted and squirming hawk. 'A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.'

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 31st, 2001, 07:52:06 PM
"Excuse me?"

De'Ville turned around, and looked up into an elongated Ithorian face. She raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"

The Ithorian buzzed in its native language, and then spoke again in heavily accented Basic. "The ferry for the Cathor Hills will not arrive for at least another fifteen minutes." It gave the gesture that was the Ithorian equivalent of a shrug, and De'Ville nodded.

"I know. I'd rather just wait, if its all the same to you." The Ithorian nodded, and lumbered off, its root-like feet clumping on the metallic dock. Lilaena returned her attention to the scenery, and her thoughts.

Perhaps accepting Pierce's proposal was just an emotional reaction after the trauma of my attack last night... No. Its not that. I want this baby to have a father. I don't want him to have to go through what I went through. I'm not giving him up, and I'm not destroying him. Whatever happens, Pierce is going to be in my life. I want him there, if not just for the baby. For me.

We won't be spending all that much time together anyway. He has his work, and I have to get back to the Black Hand as soon as possible. Lilaena sighed, a tropical breeze blowing back stray hairs from her face. She turned her head, checking her chrono. Ten more minutes. Her hair was pulled up into a stubby ponytail, and she was wearing loose drawstring linen pants with a matching tunic. Her toes peeked out from her sandals as she leaned over the guard rail, looking down at the jungle below.

A hand caught her elbow, and she jerked away, turning quickly to face an older man. He raised his hands in mock defense. "Calm down, miss, I just thought I'd tell you the ferry is here." He pointed out over the jungle, and Lilaena could see the repulsor craft approaching in the distance.

"Fine." She backed away from him, and pulled her bag close to her side as the beings milling about started herding towards the gate. The older man got lost in the sudden crowd of tourists and native Ithorians, and Lilaena allowed herself to be swept along as well.

Once onboard the ferry, and headed toward the Bafforr Grove, she found a seat in a corner, and put her feet up and her head back, resting her body. One thing about pregnancy, it took a lot out of you. She kept a hand on her stomach, grimacing as a wave of nausea hit her. With any luck, she'd be able to keep her breakfast down.

After a few minutes, De'Ville got to her feet and headed for the on board 'fresher. Ten minutes later she emerged, her breakfast purged, and her stomach still not feeling better. A rasping Ithorian voice came over the loudspeaker, addressing both decks of the ferry. "We have reached the sacred Bafforr Grove. Please make your way to the observation decks on the port side of the ferry. No holo cameras will be allowed in the ceremony. Thank you for not smoking."

Lilaena flicked away an imaginary cigarette, and walked to the glass door to the lower deck, trying to use the Force to keep her nausea down. She pushed by a few people, and worked her way towards a railing. On a hovering platform several yards away, a group of Ithorian high priests were gathered, readying to perform the ceremony of blessing on the Grove.

The grove of trees was like a hive mind, intelligent and worshipped by the Ithorians. The grove stretched out beneath them, nearly restored to its full awareness after the devastation that the Empire had wreaked on it many years previously. Lilaena was offered a translation button, which fit into her ear and offered her information on the Ithorians on the anit-grav platform. The high priests from Tafanda Bay, Tree of Tarintha, Cloud Mother, and several other, smaller, herd ships were present. As they began chanting in Ithorian, the translation in Basic was supplied to Lilaena's ear.

"We thank you for these past years of fruitfullness, and pray that the Law of Life will be upheld for the next five years...we ask a blessing on the Meet, and the decisions made, and we offer a blessing on the Grove..." They buzzed and rasped on for several minutes, occasionally sprinkling water down through a hole in the center of their platform. Lilaena saw the beauty of the intense ceremony, but fiddled with the drawstring of her pants when it dragged on long enough that she had to visit the 'fresher again.

She ended up pushing her way back into the covered seating area, continuing to listen to the translation through the plastic button in her ear. "May the leaf not wither, and the flower not fade...may we live in peace and harmony with the plant life, as we have always done..."

After another fifteen minutes the Ceremony of Blessing was completed, and Lilaena sat back in her corner seat for the ride back to the dock on Tafanda Bay. She looked at her wrist chrono. After noon already. She reached back and played with the tuft of hair that she called a ponytail. Nothing left to do but go back to the hotel and wait for Tondry to finish whatever it was he was doing.

Perhaps a sunset visit to the Falls of Desaria was something they could do together today. She smiled, leaning her head into her hand as the ferry continued on.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 13th, 2001, 04:07:54 PM
Pierce fingered the simple gold band that rested on his palm. It was for Lilaena; a wedding band that shone in the afternoon sun.

The ring was simple, plain, and crafted adequately, although the inscription beneath the band was skillfully carved. It looked normal, but it contained a homing transmitter within it. If Pierce needed to, he could send out an inquiring beacon and find Lilaena anywhere on the same planet. Plain, precise, and practical, and it had come from Intelligence's bag of tricks. Amusingly enough, Pierce simply happened to have it on him when he'd come to Ithor.

He also had a second one. Just in case.

Pierce turned the glittering object over in his palm. He had an odd feeling that the ring was an extension of himself, an example somehow of his best qualities.

The door behind him pinged and opened. "Lily?" he called.

There was a surprised silence, then a reply. "Pierce?"

Pierce slid the ring back into his pocket. "Out here, on the balcony."

There were steps behind him, steps that stopped a foot or so behind him. "How did the morning go?"

Pierce's lips twisted in brief bitterness. "No luck."

The steps moved beside him. "What did you do?"

"Participated in the Wings of Color Ceremony, but I couldn't find who I was expecting to be there. Don't know if he's even onplanet."

"Who were you- nevermind. Classified, right?"

Pierce let the silence continue while he mulled things over. "Just a man who's been M.I.A. for twenty years. I found a lead that made me think he'd be here, but really don't know if he made it."

"Must be someone important to you."

This time, Pierce did not break the silence first.

"If you don't want to talk-"

"I'm sorry," Pierce interrupted his bride-to-be. "Maybe, after I'm sure, but- This was something I was putting some hope into."

The bitterness returned to his lips, but there was a hint of genuine humor beneath it. "The PE experts always say that agents shouldn't put hope in things. It forms an attachment, makes a psychological bond between the agent and the target of the hope. If something happens and the hope collapses, the agent's mental state is threatened. That jeopardizes the mission."

Lilaena leaned forward, her face framed by her dark hair. Pierce could see her easily now, but he continued to keep his gaze fixed. "Did you put hope in me?"

The question caught him offguard, but he recovered quickly. "Yes."

Lilaena seemed to digest this answer, as though examining it for veracity. Then she put a hand on his arm. "It will be okay."

Pierce smiled at that. "Thanks. We Intelligence agents are supposed to have ice-cold exteriors."

Lilaena put her head next to his ear. "Even ice melts in the sunlight, or-" she paused suggestively. "In the heat."

A small chuckle escaped his mouth and Pierce gave Lily a quick kiss. "Later," he smiled, noticing again how beautiful she was. "We have a marriage to arrange."

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 15th, 2001, 01:52:52 AM
De'Ville leaned into his arms, and put her head on his shoulder. "Did you have anything in mind, Pierce? I was thinking, just something simple we can keep quiet. I inquired on the way here about getting someone to preform the ceremony. We can get one of the lesser priests to do it this evening." She wrapped her arms around him, the slight bulge of her tummy pressing against his waist.

"I was thinking...perhaps tonight, after the naming ceremony at the Falls of Desaria?" Lilaena looked up to get his facial reaction, even though she could already tell he was favorable to the idea.

Pierce looked down and kissed her nose. "That sounds perfect." She smiled, and pulled his head down for a proper kiss.

"Well, then, we have some time..." She wiggled her eyebrows, teasingly, and then pulled away from him. "...I think I'm going to go freshen up. The humidity is really getting to me." She walked away from him, untying the drawstring on her linen pants as she entered the room. She kicked them off, using the Force to place them on the bed, and threw her tunic in the same general direction.

She entered the 'fresher, activating the sonic shower, and letting the ions pummel away at her sweaty body. Lilaena rested her head against the side of the shower ... A ring! Frell, she'd forgotten about that. However, she had something that would do nicely...if it was the right size.

Exiting the shower, she threw a fresh robe on and peeked around the corner of the 'fresher door. Pierce was still out on the balcony, thinking about whoever it was he was here to find. Lilaena crept out of the 'fresher and walked to her bag she'd brought with her off the My Vengance. She pulled out her cloak, sitting on the edge of the bed and spreading it out over her knees. Feeling around the hem of the cloak, she inspected the clasp. Ah, there.

Lilaena tore out some stitches with the Force, and two rings fell into her hand. Both were plain gold, but one had an empty prong where a largish gemstone had once been set. The larger of the two she stuck over her thumb, and the smaller she slipped onto her ring finger. Holding the mans ring between two fingers, she read the inscription in it. May our hearts always beat as One. Lilaena sniffled, fighting with her hormones, and losing. A tear dripped down her cheek, and she quickly wiped it away, sealing the womans ring back into the lining of the cloak.

They were her parent's wedding bands, the only things she had left of them. The gem from her mother's ring was the focusing stone for her lightsaber: an amethyst stone with a thread of jade rippled through it. It had been created especially for her father by one of the top artisians of Coruscant, and he had given it to her mother the day he had proposed.

Lilaena had a use for his ring now. She would give it to Pierce. It was plain, and easy to conceal under a glove. And the inscription was perfect. Except for the fact that another heartbeat is joining us already. She smiled, touching her unborn son in her womb. Only a few months old....

She rummaged through her suitcase, trying to find something to wear, and she heard Tondry re-enter the room from the balcony.

Pierce Tondry
Nov 27th, 2001, 07:29:46 PM
"I had a thought," Pierce called to Lilaena as he sat down on the bed. "What are you going to wear?"

There was a break in movement in the next room. "I hadn't thought of that."

"Do you have anything?"

"Not really," Lilaena came out of the next room pressing a damp towel to her face. "I wasn't expecting to get married when I came here."

A note of humor crept into Pierce's voice. "But you were expecting to find me."

Lilaena's eyes peered mischevously over the towel. "As though I needed clothes for that."

Pierce threw his arms in the air and fell onto the bed laughing. "Touche'," he grinned.

Lilaena giggled, then went into the next room. "Go pick something out before we go," Pierce said. "I'll leave some money on the nightstand. Get whatever you like."

"I can't let you do that," she said.

"Too late," Pierce said, dropping a small wad of bills on the nightstand. "Don't argue. I know you'll want something you can save."

Lilaena returned, now fully dressed but looking disagreeable. "What about you? You'll need the money to buy yourself something."

Pierce laughed. "Don't be silly. I'm always prepared for every occasion." He lifted a finger. "Even weddings."

"But-"

"No buts." Pierce rose and placed his hands on her shoulders. "Listen- just do it. Trust me."

"Okay," Lilaena said in a small voice.

"Great," he gave her a comforting squeeze. "I'll meet you at Cathor Hills later."

"Where are you going?"

"You have to go get dressed, and so do I."

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 29th, 2001, 01:59:00 AM
De'Ville squeezed him tightly against her, and pinched his bottom as he turned to go. He was laughing as the door shut behind him.

She pivoted towards the nightstand, and flipped through the native currency Pierce had left her. Not bad. She bent to put on her boots, and quickly ran a brush through her hair in front of the mirror in the 'fresher. I've heard that brides wear white to symbolize their purity... She winced inwardly at memories of her childhood, and frowned at her reflection. I suppose I will wear white as well. As it is a tradition after all. De'Ville added a dab of colour to her lips, grabbed her bag with the concealed lightsaber, and headed out to shop.

The first store she walked into, about twenty minutes later, was almost silent, it was so quiet. It had a Corellian name above the counter, and an Alderaanian sales clerk, who greeted the Sith as she walked in. "Can I assist you in finding something in paticular?"

De'Ville frowned, "I need something in white. Preferably long?" There were racks of dresses of every size and hue. It was making her in a bad mood just to have to think about digging through them.

The woman smiled, ignoring De'Ville's frown. "I have just the thing, follow me please." She threaded her way around a rack, and then down a side aisle. Lilaena pushed her way after her, until they were facing an arm of white dresses. The woman pulled one out, and held it up. She was considerably shorter than De'Ville, and full of smiles. Lilaena found herself smiling as well, passion for Tondry overcoming her mood.

She looked over the dress, a long white sheath with entirely too many sequins and long sleeves. "Not quite what I had in mind. Something a little more simple, perhaps?"

The Alderaanian sales clerk nodded, tucked the dress away, and rummaged through the rack again, nearly disappearing amongst the dresses. When she emerged again, she held a bias cut dress with a deep scoop neck and a plunge in the back. De'Ville shook her head. The woman pursed her lips, and thought for a moment. Impatience filled De'Ville, and she was about to walk out when the woman reached into the rack again, and pulled out another dress.

De'Ville lightened, and nodded, "I want to try that one on."

"Of course, miss, right this way." The clerk led her into a curtained room, and left her with the dress. Lilaena stripped out of her simple jumpsuit and pulled the silky fabric over her head. She pouted her lips at her reflection, and slowly twisted, looking behind her. The fabric clung to her body, and yet draped forgivingly over the slight swelling of her stomach. The dress was sleeveless, and dropped nearly straight to the floor, where it flared out around her feet. She stood on her tiptoes and turned from side to side, letting the dress swish.

She smiled. This is it.

Fifteen minutes later she was walking out with her jumpsuit and boots in a bag, new earrings (blue crystal), and white sandals on her feet. Lilaena was wearing the dress, with a dark blue cloak over it. Pierce would love it. She caught a repusor cab for their meeting point, knowing she would most likely arrive before him.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 9th, 2001, 12:27:56 PM
L-i-l-y. Pierce traced the letters in the fog of his bathroom mirror. He smiled at himself, wondering how exactly he'd gotten to the marrying point in life.

A few quick splashes of cologne and deodorant later, Pierce was staring in his wardrobe pulling out part of his best suit.

The pants were wool, dark with thin blue threading in stripes that weren't visible until viewed at arm's length. They had a dark brown belt with a gold buckle that doubled as a holdout weapon carrying device.

Pierce pulled them on, then resumed fishing through his wardrobe.

The shoes were dark black, and polished to the point of shining. Pierce admired his reflection in their hard surface, then pulled them on and transfered his usual pocket errata into his pants.

From the waist down, he was ready.

'Wouldn't Lily love it if I showed up like this?' Pierce thought as he eyeballed himself in the mirror. He chuckled quietly, then pulled a generic white undershirt on.

The next thing Pierce's hand removed from his ship's wardrobe was a plain white shirt to match his choice of undershirts. He tucked it in, then pulled on the jacket coat of the ensemble. Around his neck went a simple blue and red striped tie. Gold cufflinks were placed and Pierce pulled his silver wrist chrono back on.

Snatching a pair of shaded glasses from atop his dresser, Pierce left to go catch an aircab.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 14th, 2001, 04:44:09 AM
Lilaena paced by a guardrail, her dark blue cloak dragging slightly on the ground behind her. Turning even before the cab pulled up, she knew Pierce was there. He stepped out, leaning back in to tip the driver, and then straightened to his full height.

She caught her breath as he straightened his shaded glasses, looking for her. At least he cleans up well. De'Ville stayed where she was against the railing, her pulse strengthening as he made eye contact with her. Walking towards her, she took in the polished shoes, the tuxedo pants and the tie, and let her eyes rest on his face. He looked, calm, sure of himself, and as handsome as she'd ever seen him.

De'Ville held her breath as he walked, and her mind raced with doubts. Was it really the best thing? Could this be a mistake? And then she looked into his eyes as he neared, and her doubts fled, replaced by one fact.

She wasn't afraid when she was with him.

No other man could make her feel the saftey he offered her. And although she was self sufficient, and strong enough to take care of herself...there was a comfort knowing that this person, this kindred spirit lived. Lived, and loved.

Lilaena held out her hand to Pierce.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 25th, 2002, 06:54:30 PM
Pierce took the hand, drew it to his lips, and kissed it lightly. "My lady," he said. "You do look lovely this evening."

"Thank you, sir," Lily replied in the same light formality. "And you are as dashing as always."

"You flatter me," Pierce chuckled. He indicated the entrance to ceremonial groves. "Shall we?"

"Let's."

The two of them walked, hand in hand, into the grove. They were greeted by an Ithorian who handed them some paperwork. Pierce filled his in quickly, then turned to the pictureman while Lilaena was working on hers, greeting him with a wink Lily did not see. "Please make it a good one," he said knowingly."

The human grinned. "Sure thing, boss."

Pierce then returned to Lilaena. "You ready?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 26th, 2002, 02:12:45 AM
Lilaena gripped Pierce's hand tightly as they entered the grove, and then released him to pick up a pen and sign the paperwork. She signed the paper Ruth Marx, and straightened up, reclaiming Tondry's hand. "I'm ready." The human with the holo camera gave them translation buttons for their ears, as the priest would not speak Basic.

They faced the Ithorian priest, and he instructed them to release hands. Lilaena's hand dropped to her side, and her fingers lightly pinched the silky fabric of her dress. The Ithorian began speaking, his voice unintelligable to her until the translation button kicked in.

"You come to me, like as two trees, separate in your lives. The syntax was strange, but she understood the gist of what he was saying. "Like two trees, you two beings are different in body. Yet with this ceremony you shall become as one tree. Face the storms of life together, and the periods of slow growth as well. Take the good with the bad, and you will grow together as two plants grafted to each other."

He paused, and reached his long brown fingers into a small vial of water. The priest reached toward them, and lightly touched them both on the forehead, leaving a small drop of liquid on their skin. "As water revives and sustains the forest, sustain and support each other. Do you so pledge?"

Pierce nodded, his eyes drinking her in. "I pledge."

The corner of her mouth turned up in a half smile. "I also pledge."

They turned back to the priest, who was speaking again. The translation button caught up. "Now, as two young shoots bound together, grow up as one tree. Bear fruit and happiness. Be one for as long as you both live." The tall Ithorian priest in his earthy robes took their hands, and intertwined their fingers together. "Even if separated in body, be forever together in spirit."

Lilaena pulled one hand back, and fumbled with a small pocket in her dress. She withdrew the ring, and slipped it on his finger. "With this ring I promise to stay by your side. To guide you when you cannot see, and to support you when you can no longer walk. I join my life to yours." She squeezed his hand slightly.

He placed a plain gold band on her ring finger, and took a deep breath. "A very wise man once said that no one can guard his own back. Another wise man once said that if you find someone who is as capable as you are, hold onto them. If I let you go, I'd be a fool twice over. Please accept this ring as a token of the esteem I hold you in."

The Ithorian intoned a blessing over them, and they kissed as the holo camera flashed.

Pierce Tondry
Jan 27th, 2002, 04:09:55 AM
And suddenly, Pierce Tondry was married. Had he been anymore surprised, he might have commented on it. 'But this is how I always figured it'd go down, anyway,' he thought. 'I'd have to be surprised with it or it wouldn't take.'

The notion of a lack of traditional wedding bothered him in the back of his mind. He hadn't even been able to put his real name on the marriage liscense, and who Ruth Marx was, was between Lilaena and the Force. At least I had a best man, even if he was there just to take holos.

But nonetheless, Pierce was now joined to this woman like he hadn't let anyone else be.

It crossed his mind, briefly, to wonder what the future held in store for them.

He and Lilaena broke the kiss. "Come on," he said, jerking his head at the exit. "I hear the sunset over the Falls of Desaria is spectacular."

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 4th, 2002, 03:39:03 AM
Lilaena allowed her new husband to tug her in the direction of an airspeeder, and she blinked, her mind full of thoughts.

I am married. It was amazing to think about, and she touched her forehead where the priest had put the water. Sustain and support each other. They had been doing that since they had met, although there had always been an underlying antagonistic attitude.

To a point she hoped that there was always a give and take aspect to their relationship. Married or not, she wasn't expecting life to suddenly become peaches and cream. Although it would have been nice... ...to a point.

Pierce helped her into the airspeeder, and she snuggled against his strong shoulder as he took them out towards the nearby Falls. Lilaena watched the sun plummet to the green horizon as the herdships faded in the distance behind them.

Life was never easy, and chosing who you will wed is one of life's most difficult decisions. Yet, with that choice made...life seemed different. The thought of being away from Pierce caused her to frown. And yet, after tonight they would go their separate ways. She had to return to the Black Hand, and he was off on Imperial business, as always.

This was not a marriage of convenience, and yet she was not quite sure it was. She cared for him, still... Lilaena blinked, and sighed contentedly. There is time enough for philosophical questions later. For now she wanted to drink in the moment and enjoy her time with her husband.