PDA

View Full Version : way off topic: tinting car windows

Vamp
Feb 2nd, 2000, 03:47:48 PM
Hi! i have a 94 black Honda civic, and i'd like to tint its window. in quebec, front windows have to be 70% by law, and the rest is up to the driver. (70% = tint lets 70% of the light going through the window) i want to tint my window ------ what color and intensity should i tint them? ------------------------- i am asking this question,cuz i want my car to be 50% all over the car, and i think if it's black, police would spot my car easily, but if i tint my windows dark green (like green wine bottle), it would look more like factory tint, and will be less notice by cops... i could put 70% in front and put 50% on the rest of the car, but i am afraid it won't look very good what's your opinion??

Vamp
Feb 2nd, 2000, 08:03:51 PM
come on, you can answer... i know you can... :)

Bromine
Feb 2nd, 2000, 08:06:36 PM
Without prying about your concern over being noticed by the cops(hehe), I think green would look pretty cool, without looking incredibly conspicuous. I don't think I've actually seen a black car with green tinted windows, but I remember having a toy Hotwheels car like that. Question: Isn't there a limit to the amount of tint on the back window, as well? Maybe it's diferent in Quebec.

Vamp
Feb 2nd, 2000, 09:03:32 PM
someone told me it was 80% in the back window, but at the governement, they send me an email stating there was no limit if you had a right side glass the point of having dark green tinted window is that becuz the window is "naturaly" light green when the car gets out of the usine... so it should be less noticable by the cop than dark grey... i have to think about it...maybe i'll go with a dark grey/back tint... everybody who i asked the question didn't seem to get the point of having the green window...and most of the people advice me to go with dark grey/black... what do you think?