PDA

View Full Version : web-page hosting

Bromine
Mar 23rd, 2000, 05:35:58 AM
What's a good place to get a free web page? I know of Geocities, AngelFire, Spree... which ones are good and which ones are garbage?

Jedieb
Mar 23rd, 2000, 07:43:21 PM
Well, starwars.com is hosting web pages for fans. They're even having a contest to promote it right now. A lot of people are upset though because there's a clause which states that anything you put up becomes property of Lucasfilm. I don't know exactly how I feel about it one way or another. I mean, what would I do with the contents of my web page anyway? The biggest upside is having your page hosted by the official site. You can't beat the name and the publicity you'll get there.

Bromine
Mar 24th, 2000, 12:18:07 AM
Well, I don't think my page would qualify. It's sort of a Sci-fi/general humour site, not just Star Wars. Plus, I want to put up a lot of original graphics, and all the talk about Starwars.com's strange regulations has me spooked.

Bromine
Mar 26th, 2000, 05:19:18 AM
Oh, c'mon...NO ONE here has ever had a free web-page?

Spadix From HPC
Mar 26th, 2000, 11:35:18 PM
I like Angelfire best... though the long URL kinda sucks... but you can fix that at: come.to (http://come.to )you get a shorter URL for free, dowside is all the windows for IE users, but oh well!! I use it on a Web Page that I have... surf.to/mirkwood (http://surf.to/mirkwood )hope that helps!! & I heard something about redrivel or something like that... or Xoom, but they don let you post pics. outside of Xoom :( hope that helps!! give me the URL when It's done!!

Bromine
Mar 27th, 2000, 05:09:30 AM
Hey, thanks Spadix!

I'm not really concerned about posting pics. The things I'm concenred about is having to have a ton of banners all over your site, reliability (like slow connection rates and crashes), and copyright issues.

Spadix From HPC
Mar 30th, 2000, 10:38:00 PM
I'd hafta Say Angelfire then. Thants the place that I do most of my pages on there... & the 30mb's 'K-dey, you can always get more space by signing up for anoughther page ^_^;;; I've done that b/for...

Bromine
Apr 3rd, 2000, 02:18:18 PM
Great, thanks!:)