PDA

View Full Version : Your Forum Pet Peeves?

Bromine
Jul 25th, 2000, 08:28:17 PM
Not this forum in particular, but Internet forums in general and the people who frequent them. Here are some of mine:

People who make no attempt at punctuation or spelling - like, "doz ne1 hav a video 4 sale need soon plz thx"

Posts that restate another post - Especially when a question is asked and five people answer it exactly the same way. Just say you agree with the previous answer!

Hiding behind freedom of speech - This one really annoys me. Freedom of speech means you're allowed to express your opinion. It doesn't mean that no one is allowed to flame you. In fact, it gives them the right to flame you! I've actually seen people abandon an argument because the other person said their opinion is free speech and can't be put down. Example: "Anyone with a cell phone is an idiot! They're stupid!" - "Hey, lay off. I have one and it serves a useful purpose." - "Well, too bad. I have the right to express my opinon, don't I? That's freedom of speech! I have the right to say people with cell phones are stupid! Don't tell me what I can't say!" -"Sorry, you're right."

Who else? Go ahead and vent, people!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 26th, 2000, 02:25:02 PM
i agree! :lol:

I hate when people threaten to kick each other's arses.
Puh-leese! Argue about beating each other to a pulp all you like, just don't do it in the forums, because you know you're never going to get it on anyway. When it happens though, it is funny to read, I'd just prefer not to see it.

jjwr
Jul 26th, 2000, 02:57:16 PM
I hate you all!!!.....ummm...ahem...where was I....

Oh yes pet peeves, I think one of my biggest is the bad speelign/punctution' very annoying if you ask me.

And another that bugs me is basically meaningless posts and replies, basically someone just saying 'I agree', 'Yes', 'No', '...', 'lol', ':) ' , etc. Why even bother posting if thats all you've got to say.

Bromine
Jul 27th, 2000, 12:21:04 AM
I forgot about the "I'm gonna beat you up!" one...that's definitely one of the worst. It takes absolutely no guts to talk trash like that on an anonymous forum. Oh yeah, and you can also throw in the old "I've been around a lot longer than you so why don't you go back to playing with your toys until you grow up and become a man!"

General Ceel
Aug 30th, 2000, 10:35:20 PM
I've been around a lot longer than you so why don't you go back to playing with your toys until you grow up and become a man!"

!HE HE HE!

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 30th, 2000, 11:17:13 PM
HA! That's a good one! Forum seniority! I'm surprised no one has used the "I've dun posted more times than you so my word is better than yours around these here parts! yuk yuk!"

Bromine
Aug 30th, 2000, 11:18:43 PM
"Yeah, well I served in the military for 15 years and served my country and ordered troops to die and risked my life so shut your mouth and show some respect!";)

Seriously, no offense to military people, but I've heard that line a LOT and it's annoying.:)