PDA

View Full Version : SURVIVOR ???

buff jedi 2
Sep 27th, 2000, 10:38:25 PM
WHile I was on vacation there was this tv show called survivor about 15 or 16 people on an island and they were there to try and win a million dollars.It was obviously staged ,So I only watched a couple of minutes of it ,but people were making a big deal about it ,so I was wondering who won the money?

thanx buff jedi

Bromine
Sep 27th, 2000, 11:59:34 PM
Richard (The fat naked gay guy).

All I heard about this show came from David Letterman's monologues. I watched half of the 3-hour final episode. Interesting, but I'm in no hurry to see the reruns.

DvdJervs
Sep 28th, 2000, 04:13:05 AM
Oh buff, you should have posted this in SW Boxoffice, and it would have received 10 times more replies than it currently has. Oh well. :)

Yeah I watchwed it a fair bit after another show in Australia called Shipwrecked finished (similar to Survivor, but there was no competitons, tribal counils and reward money offered - just a bunch of people on an island for 3 months seeing if they could hack it out. Great show). I was barracking for Rudy (the old guy) myself, but I was kind of glad Rich won it. He intends to use it for some sort of teenager help scheme (or whatever) so it's nice to know he's putting it to good use.

On another note, the person who came runner up (I've forgotten her name) apparently has a thing online that was setup by the company she works for that is trying to raise money for her so she can get $1 million as well (she only got $100,000 in the end) which I think is ludicrous. With over a billion people on this planet starving to death alone I would think there would be better causes for people to donate their money to.

buff jedi 2
Sep 28th, 2000, 04:09:08 PM
YUCK!!!! Fat , ugly gay guy??!!!!

Ok so the runner up got 100,000 and someone is trying to raise the rest for her?!?!!!??

Thats stupid its like you saidDVD there are millions of kids who have nothing!!!! how about trying to raise money for them!!!!! sigh(ONLY IN AMERICA)

Thanx guys for feeling me in ,Yeah I guess i should have posted in sw boxoffice live and learn.Anyway thanx agian,

buffjedi

Bromine
Sep 28th, 2000, 06:15:31 PM
I heard about that "fundraiser" too. Didn't Yvonna Trump do the same thing with a telethon or something? Pretty pathetic when you've got $100,000 and have the gaul to ask people to give you money.

Actually, after catching some more of the show in reruns (nothing else on, really:) ), I think Rich deserved to win, although I too was rooting for Rudy. Richard won a lot of the challenges, and he caught fish, and he organised alliances. Other people just sort of sat around waiting to be voted off, but he really played the game the way it was meant to be played.

buff jedi 2
Sep 28th, 2000, 10:44:41 PM
Where could I catch the reruns?

sounds like it might be somewhat worth a look

Thanx buffjedi

DarthHERA
Sep 28th, 2000, 11:30:55 PM
i think they are currently making a
'survivor 2' in the Australian Outback
(not the same you mentioned DvdJervs).
It will be interesting if it gets the same
hype as the first one did here in North America.

Bromine
Sep 29th, 2000, 12:44:10 AM
I think it will be a lot harder. Tropical Islands can be a joy to stay on, but the Australian Outback is harsh and requires some real survival skills. One main problem will be the scarcity of food.

I can't remember what channel the reruns are on, but it was 9:00pm P.S.T.

buff jedi 2
Sep 29th, 2000, 09:08:38 PM
Is it worth watching???

thanx buffjedi

DvdJervs
Sep 30th, 2000, 11:11:56 PM
Yep. Survior 2 is supposed to be held near Cairns in Queensland (that's in North Eastern Australia), but no one is 100% certain yet.

And Bromine, it's not just the food that will be the problem. The heat is the killer. It can reach temperatures in excess of 50 degrees Celcius (whatever that is in Faranheit - very hot regardless :) ) in the sun. Ouch! And no lovely big palm trees like on the tropical island to shade them - only shrubs and the odd bigger tree too! Already Entertainment Tonight has made a big deal about how the 16 new contestants have to be extremely fit to survive it out. Not to mention the lovely asortment of wildlife that will be living with them (crocodiles, snakes (including the taipan - world's most poisonous) and it's cousins, spiders and everything else).

Sounds pretty cool to watch doesn't it? :)

PS. I am Australian for anyone here who doesn't know. I know what I'm talking about. :)

Jedieb
Sep 30th, 2000, 11:55:30 PM
The only Survivor show worth watching is mine. You can find it at:

www.yavin4.com/humor/survivor.htm (http://www.yavin4.com/humor/survivor.htm)

And if you can be patient, the next episode will be up and running by Monday night.
MTFBWY

DarthHERA
Oct 1st, 2000, 12:07:26 AM
:lol: :lol:

had some free tim huh :cool:

thanks-that was a good laugh jedieb

DvdJervs
Oct 1st, 2000, 12:18:41 AM
:lol:

In the Rebel Camp:

Obi: "We were 10,000 strong! No one dared oppose us! We were treated with respect and dignity throughout the galaxy! We ..."
Luke: "We've got to shut him up."
Han: "Let's just stop feeding him."
Mirax: "But he's so cute. He's like a big grumpy kitty."
ANH Leia: "I say we wait 'til he finishes building the shelter and then we kill him ... slowly."

Meanwhile, in the Imperial Camp:

Tarkin: "Without my Imperial Medicare, I wouldn't be able to afford my angina pills!"
Vader: "My children never visit or call. Leia refuses to acccept me and look what Luke did to my hand!"
Stormtrooper: "I can't believe I took orders from those geezers."
Mara: "We should just call them BITCH and MOAN."
Scalper Bob: "NAKED TIME!!!!!!!"

:)

DarthHERA
Oct 1st, 2000, 12:21:23 AM
Back to your comment - DvdJervs...the flies alone omg.

Oz is putting on a good show for the Olympics huh.

DvdJervs
Oct 1st, 2000, 12:27:13 AM
I don't think Sydney has looked better. And to think that for the past 5 years Australia wanted to fire the organising committee due to all the stuffups they were making. Oh well, it worked out in the end. :)

I'm just holding my breath for the expected terrorist attack ...

DarthHERA
Oct 1st, 2000, 12:29:43 AM
lmao........send in ASIO!!!!!

makes me sooooooo homesick