PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with Hasbro playsets

Bromine
Sep 14th, 1999, 03:17:20 AM
Hasbro gave us some pretty LAME SW playsets, that's for sure...Detention Block Resue: Yeah, that's pretty darned exciting; I'd rather have a cardboard box! Remember the cardboard dioramas? Those were so cheap. If only they had taken those scenes and made them out of sturdy materials, then thrown in a trap door or something...Anyone else have an opinion on this?

jjwr
Sep 14th, 1999, 08:08:05 AM
I agree most of them suck. The Death Star one from the original series was kinda cool, but I've only seen pictures of it. They're making one of the place where Obi & Qui Gon fought Maul, its not very big though.

wdwdash
Sep 14th, 1999, 03:33:10 PM
i have the old deathstar playset, it is pretty kewl. cell bay has a trap door that goes into the garbage smasher, elevators, tons of kewl stuff. even an exploding anti fighter gun.

jjwr
Sep 14th, 1999, 03:47:51 PM
How big is it? From the pics it looked like it was pretty good size.

Bromine
Sep 14th, 1999, 05:06:38 PM
I believe the new playset jjwr is referring to is inside an R2-D2 figure carry-case and is VERY small, indeed. You can see pics at www.rebelscum.com .

wdwdash
Sep 14th, 1999, 10:41:06 PM
the death satr playset stood about 2 feet off the ground, and if i held my arms in a circle thats about the circumference of the thing...its sooooo awesome...

Bromine
Sep 14th, 1999, 10:49:55 PM
I remember that year the DS playset came out, and the ad in the Sears Catalogue for SW toys...They had a whole scene set up, with a cool space backdrop...They haven't done one of those in YEARS....

jjwr
Sep 15th, 1999, 08:06:30 AM
This is a full size one Bromine, I saw some pics of it, it comes with a battle droid too. It has some walkways like the end of TPM when they fought.

Bromine
Sep 15th, 1999, 04:32:29 PM
Oh, whoops! Guess I was just so upset at the carry-case one.... :) Any idea where I can see some pics?

jjwr
Sep 15th, 1999, 04:37:50 PM
Ummm.....I think it was at sir steeves web page that I saw the pic of it, it wasn't that big, but was cool looking.