PDA

View Full Version : Anyone complete a Freeze Frame collection?

Yoda Lives
Sep 3rd, 1999, 06:10:53 PM
I completed my set yesterday. I just got R2-D2 w/ tools, C-3PO pull-apart, and Luke BSH from the Fan Club this week. Last week I was able to get the Weequay on a Canadian card for CHEAP. And I *reluctantly* opened my extra Fan Club Four set (but hey, the FF set isn't "complete" if they're not opened!). I even have the Han Hoth and Luke Hoth FFs (from the mail-in binoculars), and they're all displayed in those attractive mail-away holders. I guess the only other thing I could add to my set is a custom Ponda Baba FF. Anyone know where I could get one made? I could do it myself, but I'm terrified of trying to fake the text on the front of the FF effectively...

jjwr
Sep 7th, 1999, 08:45:52 AM
I never even saw half the FF figures up in VT, they hardly order anything, then never re-order, so unless your there when the case gets open your sol.

Bromine
Sep 7th, 1999, 08:20:13 PM
That's rough, jjwr. Up here in BC we get everything late, but at least we get it.

jjwr
Sep 8th, 1999, 06:13:26 AM
I'm sure we get it, but unless you sleep on the docks when they get that one case, your not gonna get any.

Bromine
Sep 8th, 1999, 04:05:15 PM
Only thing I've completely missed seeing was the EU figures, but half the continent missed those, I think.

jjwr
Sep 9th, 1999, 06:16:12 AM
I never saw any of those, I saw a few of the EU figures, but those were only the shelfwarmer ones, everything else was gone very fast.

Yoda Lives
Sep 16th, 1999, 03:54:10 PM
Yeah, I only saw 2 Thrawns and 2 Lukes last year. My advice is (and I TOTALLY stick by this, until I get a 'bad experience') to check out www.shop.starwars.com (http://www.shop.starwars.com) regularly. I heard they just had many of the EU figs in stock. Sometimes, if you check early enough, you can score big, like with the new 'Gonk' classic Commtech wave, or new TPM figs (I expect them to have in Panaka and Royal Guard any day now). Their prices are very reasonable, too, MUCH better than secondary market, and only about $2 more than FAO Schwarz when you calculate tax and S/H.

Bromine
Sep 16th, 1999, 03:59:24 PM
Yes, shop.starwars.com is geat. They even had Maul for a while. I think it's a great way to fight scalping and inflated secondary-market prices.

jjwr
Sep 16th, 1999, 04:02:36 PM
How much are their prices?

bloke
Sep 16th, 1999, 10:41:29 PM
Hello all, if ya email aias@bellsouth.net , ask him about his FF Ponda, i think he's almost done with his production on em PS tell him joe sent ya

jjwr
Sep 17th, 1999, 08:04:08 AM
Huh?

Bromine
Sep 17th, 1999, 03:20:03 PM
hmmm...I take it he's talking about a bunch of custom figures someone is making. shop.starwars.com is pretty reasonable, actually; I think they're a few bucks extra, but sometimes they have deals with old stock, like Hoth Luke for $3.99.

jjwr
Sep 17th, 1999, 03:34:21 PM
Yeah thats not bad, though does that include shipping? You'd figure at least a couple extra bucks for shipping.

Bromine
Sep 17th, 1999, 03:40:36 PM
Not sure about shipping, haven't ordered any action figs. I know the posters I got were a couple bucks. Just visited their site and they've got a GIANT summer sale! A bunch of figures are half off ($3.99) and there's a whole bunch of other stuff there, too,, like hats for 69% off! Just wanted everyone to know. (See, everybody? It pays to read the Collecting Forum... :) )