PDA

View Full Version : Yoda Figure -- Missing "Episode I" on Box!

Big Boogie E
Aug 27th, 1999, 06:44:40 PM
I just picked up two of the Episode I Yoda figures and I noticed that the words "Episode I" were missing from the front of the packaging. Is this a goof of some sort? Could this figure actually be worth something because of this? I was planning on opening one of the figures, but now I'm not so sure. The things are in damn near mint condition. Any ideas? Info? Speculation?

Mara Jade1
Aug 27th, 1999, 07:33:27 PM
When I was younger I collected comic books and I was always told that if you found an error that was unique it made the comic more valuable. I'm no expert but I think maybe you should keep Yoda in his packaging, just in case.

bloke
Aug 27th, 1999, 10:06:52 PM
Actually, ever yoda to date, ep1 that is- does NOT have the EPISODE ONE banner, this was overlooked, go ahead, open that bugger, i did, its the best yoda yet!! Thanks

obiwan2
Aug 27th, 1999, 11:57:49 PM
If I am not mistaken, none of them have the warning stickers on them either because there aren't any small accessories that come with them. Just thought I'd add that.

Bromine
Aug 28th, 1999, 06:14:46 AM
Actually, if they make one WITH "Episode 1" on it, that will probably be more rare, because they will end up correcting it near the end of the run.

Yoda Lives
Sep 3rd, 1999, 06:18:41 PM
Here's a great example. Last year, in the POTF2 FF collection, the Captain Piett figure had a sticker on the front of its blister that said, "with Blaster Rifle and Pistol" but the figure had a pistol and BATON. It was originally believed to have been produced like this in its entire run last year. But recently, the corrected "with Blaster Rifle and Baton" version has shown up in collections, and has normally been selling/auctioning off for around $80-100. I think it could be a fraud, I mean it's EASY to fake -- like I said, it's just a sticker applied to the front of the blister. You just need the same kind of glossy paper with a sticker back, a printer, and an X-Acto knife to cut it to shape and size. And it's very easy to peel off the old sticker off of the blister, you just have to do it SLOWLY. I guess the only way to tell it from a fake is to look at the date stamp... only the corrected ones were probably made after a certain point. But I digress...

Bromine
Sep 3rd, 1999, 07:26:00 PM
Figs are like junk bonds: a lot of ppl pay serious money for rare ones only with the hope of reselling. No one pays $250 for a Weequay just for themselves.

jjwr
Sep 7th, 1999, 08:18:49 AM
I agree, especially for these new ones. I can see paying htat kind of money for older figures that are rather rare and people are looking to build their collection, but with these new ones no ones gonna pay that kinda money for a figure for themselves. If they just want the figure its easy enough to buy a Weequay thats not the FF rare version and pay a lot less.

Jedi2016
Sep 7th, 1999, 01:05:13 PM
Bear in mind the different releases of the figures. The Yoda missing the Episode I logo is the first release, .0000 . Yoda is a hard-to-find figure anyway, and once they release the .01 figure, they'll probably fix that missing logo problem. If they do release another one, I'll probably open that one, but the first edition Yoda, like all my other figures, is staying right in his little blister box.

jjwr
Sep 7th, 1999, 01:15:31 PM
There are still a lot of the .0000's out there, and the price will go up, but thats only because people will start to think their rare and sell them at a higher price. Very few of the POFT2, TPM figures will remain collectible, the Freeze Frame ones, along with some rare variations from POFT2 will remain collectible. But I can't imagine many TPM figures to attain a high secondary market value. Even the .0000 Maul with the various errors is easy enough to find, and thats a very popular figure.

Bromine
Sep 7th, 1999, 08:01:53 PM
Problem is, collectible are usually worth money because there's some rich guys who can't find it and are willing to pay anything to get their hands on it. That's how baseball cards got so valuable. Now people figure that some things are going to be real valuable, but I doubt that anyone is going to care enough about first editions to pay big $$$$. Don't get me wrong, though: Having your figs be first editions is nice, but I don't think it drives the value up that much, IMO. P.S. - If you want to see INSANE prices, check out www.tncuniverse.com. That's where I saw the Weequay going for $250.00. They also have pics of everything, so it's a good site to see what they all look like.

jjwr
Sep 8th, 1999, 06:14:21 AM
Those Weequay's go for that price on Ebay on a regular basis. You also see some of the rarer variations(short sabers, etc) for multiple hundred dollars on there too.

Bromine
Sep 8th, 1999, 04:04:06 PM
Pretty scary, IMO; but, hey, if you've got that kind of money and it makes you happy...just so long as the cool figs like Yoda and Obi-Wan don't become too hot, because I hate it when ppl snap up a few dozen of a cool figure just to leave it in the package. Think of all the ppl right now, with a Darth Maul figure, who will never know the wonderful, Jedi-kicking articulation he has....

jjwr
Sep 9th, 1999, 06:16:49 AM
That Darth Maul is great, I'm still trying to get my hands on the Tatooine version of him, can't seem to find one, as usual.

Bromine
Sep 9th, 1999, 03:17:47 PM
Got the Sith accessory pack yet? It's awesome! All the accessories probably cover about 5 variations of the figure. The two extra lightsabers included, one ignited, one hilt, are pretty cool, too.

jjwr
Sep 9th, 1999, 03:19:34 PM
Actually I don't have that, haven't seen it yet. though I heard the cloak was really cool.

Bromine
Sep 9th, 1999, 03:45:02 PM
The sleeves hang from his wrists down to the floor, just like in the movie. (Although you see it for all of 5 seconds, I think.) It has this backpack probe droid shooter, which is just to justify the price, but it's fairly powerful for its size. You also get a nifty probe droid stand.

jjwr
Sep 9th, 1999, 04:01:06 PM
That sounds cool, I think I'll have to look for one.

Froghopper
Oct 4th, 1999, 01:11:25 PM
Of those who have yoda, does anyone have one with a blury/smudged backed card?