PDA

View Full Version : Jawa and Gonk(power) droid

jjwr
Sep 7th, 1999, 08:17:31 AM
Went up to Wal-Mart this weekend and found a few of the new figs, not the TPM ones though, they had a newly sculpted Greedo, Han, and luke with a little model of the T-16, they also had the Jawa and Gonk Droid two pack. I bought that one, its cool, the Jawa is cute, and I've always loved the power Droid, had one when I was a kid and it was one of my favs.

Bromine
Sep 7th, 1999, 08:22:39 PM
I had the original Gonk too! :) I'm glad the Jawas are back, too. It's been a while since they've been available in any form. Does the new one still have that "glowing eyes" feature?

jjwr
Sep 8th, 1999, 06:12:23 AM
Yup they've still got the glowing eyes, I always loved that feature. When the other POFT2 ones came out I bought two sets, so I've got 5 of these little buggers now :)

jjwr
Sep 8th, 1999, 06:12:54 AM
Almost forgot, and the Gonk(powr) droid has a little button on his side, if you press it his legs go back and forth like he's walking, its cute :)

Bromine
Sep 8th, 1999, 04:06:54 PM
Have to pick that up for my mom; she's got all the "cute" figs: Anakin, Yoda, Jawas...Looks like the "Short people of SW Convention".

jjwr
Sep 9th, 1999, 06:15:38 AM
The new Gonk droid is thinner and sleeker than the original, though still box like. Doesn't make that clicking sound when you move his legs anymore though.

Bromine
Sep 9th, 1999, 03:15:13 PM
Do the Jawa's legs move at all? I like the fact that he actually HAS legs this time around, at least.

jjwr
Sep 9th, 1999, 03:20:21 PM
Yup, he's articulated at the waist(circular) and his robes open at the sides(plastic molded) and you can see his two little legs under there, and they both move. Its cool :)

Jedi Rama
Oct 4th, 1999, 09:26:21 PM
That cute action feature makes the figure unable to stand.

Bromine
Oct 5th, 1999, 03:58:08 AM
Well, Jawas never seem to stand in one spot, anyway. They're always scurrying away. :)

jjwr
Oct 5th, 1999, 08:48:44 AM
Both figures can stand just fine.

Jedi Rama
Oct 5th, 1999, 03:13:27 PM
Not mine one leg is stuck way out and when I try to stand it he falls flat on his face. ( if he has a face)

jjwr
Oct 5th, 1999, 03:17:22 PM
Yeah his legs are spread out, but if you just try and stand him up the way he's standing them he'll do fine, don't try and get him to stand upright, I think I put him on this front leg, then his back leg touching hte ground holds him up.