PDA

View Full Version : EP1 Monopoly

Diamond7
Oct 23rd, 1999, 07:09:16 PM
Have any of you seen this? I saw some on Ebay, so I checked my local Wal-Mart and found one. Of course, being a college student, I'm broke so I can't get one right now. Does anyone have one? What's it like? Is it the $40? I would probably buy one anyway, but I'd really like to know more about it first.

jjwr
Oct 25th, 1999, 08:23:31 AM
I've seen a ad for one, but thats about it, I have the Star Wars monopoly, that cost baout $35, I'm not sure if I'd buy the Ep1 one too, it does look cool though.

Diamond7
Oct 25th, 1999, 11:59:10 AM
Yeah, I bought the SW monopoly for my boyfriend for Christmas about 2 years ago, and it's lots of fun to play. I'm not sure if I want to buy another monopoly board if it just covers one movie; I'd like to see a Prequels monopoly board in another couple of years. Oh,well, I'll put it on my Christmas list, and maybe I can get someone else to buy it for me! :)

jjwr
Oct 26th, 1999, 08:25:05 AM
I'd like to get the Ep1 one, but its kinda expensive just to get another copy of Monopoly that I won't play that much, though if I ever get around to playin it with kids most kids will know TPM more than they would the original trilogy.

Diamond7
Oct 26th, 1999, 12:01:54 PM
I love playing monopoly, but I can't find anyone to play. I played with my younger sibs over the summer (regular monopoly), but it's more fun to play with people who understand the concept of monopoly. Now, the classic trilogy monopoly is fun to play, especially with people who have seen the movies and know what happened where. That way, if you're losing, you can just distract them by talking about the movie, and they won't notice if you land on their property!

Kyp Durron
Oct 26th, 1999, 12:14:59 PM
I bought it last weekend actually, for $45 at Sharper Image. It's the Episode 1 version. I haven't opened it yet coz I have the original Trilogy version opened already for playing. But it has kool pewter figures in em. You all should check it out!

jjwr
Oct 26th, 1999, 01:02:12 PM
What figures does it come with Kyp?

Diamond7
Oct 26th, 1999, 05:12:40 PM
When I looked at the box, I saw some of them, but I don't remember very many. I do remember seeing Amidala in her throne room gown and a destroyer droid. What else is there?

jjwr
Oct 26th, 1999, 05:16:41 PM
Hey a Mox Diamond. I bet it probably has R2, Maul, maybe Obi and Ani

Diamond7
Oct 26th, 1999, 07:17:01 PM
I LOVE my Mox Diamond, so I finally got my BF to scan it for me so that I could use it. Yeah, I'm sure they're there. I think I remember seeing a Sebulba, but I'm not too sure on that one.

jjwr
Oct 27th, 1999, 08:06:50 AM
I never had a mox diamond, just the other 5, then I quit playing the game. Sebulba would make sense too, maybe Watto or Jar Jar

Diamond7
Oct 27th, 1999, 10:09:59 AM
I've always wanted to see the other five. A friend of my brother had a pearl. It was beautiful. Me, I couldn't afford them, so I got myself a Diamond. I'm pretty sure that there was probably a Jar Jar. It's been awhile since I was at Walmart and could look them over.

jjwr
Oct 27th, 1999, 10:26:58 AM
I started playing Magic in '95 I think, so all the big cards hadn't gotten really expensive, I used to play a lot of type 1 and at the peak of my collection I had a set of Arabian Nights, about 13 power 9(a full set plus some extra moxes and big blue) 4 Juzam Djinns, and a ridicoulus amount of other cards, it was fun, but I live in the middle of nowhere in VT so it was hard to find people to play against so I lost interest and sold them all for a ton of money :)

Diamond7
Oct 27th, 1999, 12:11:00 PM
I came into Magic between Stronghold and Exodus, so all the good cards were not only expensive, but also banned in most play. I haven't play much lately, though. All my brother's friends turned to D&D, and my boyfriend and I got tired of playing each other, so we just kinda stopped. In fact, I have a deck that I've never even played! Oh, well, maybe eventually.

jjwr
Oct 27th, 1999, 12:16:23 PM
Its easy to lose interest in it when you can't find anyone to play against, thatw why I stopped, I do most of my gaming on my N64 or the computer now.

Diamond7
Oct 27th, 1999, 03:15:15 PM
Yeah, it's really difficult to play Magic by yourself. There's no challenge to it 'cuz you know what you're going to play. Back to monopoly, I used to play that by myself when I was younger. I decided ahead of time which token was going to win (usually the puppy dog), but it wasn't much fun.

jjwr
Oct 27th, 1999, 03:39:35 PM
lol, I can imagine that it wouldn't be much fun that way.

Diamond7
Oct 27th, 1999, 10:33:08 PM
Actually, it was a lot harder than you might imagine. See, I had a preset idea of which properties I wanted which tokens to get, so I was always forced to figure out trading deals with myself. :)

Kyp Durron
Oct 28th, 1999, 11:48:18 AM
Oops, sorry for the late reply. I don't check in here that much :( I haven't opened the EP1 Monopoly box yet, but there are 8 figures inside. The five shown in the box are Maul, Qui Gonn, Anakin, Jar Jar, and Amidala. You can bet there's an Obi Wan in there, maybe a Sidious, and probably Nute Gunray.

jjwr
Oct 28th, 1999, 11:50:01 AM
I didn't even think of Nute Gunray, but I guess he would make more sense than Sebulba or Watto.

bronto
Oct 29th, 1999, 03:07:33 PM
Diamond7, I too would play one player Monopoly as a kid. It wasn't much fun, but when you're an only child you have to come up with stupid little games to play by yourself. Now a days I can play against my PC.

Diamond7
Oct 29th, 1999, 03:44:44 PM
Yeah, I play the computer sometimes, but it's no where near as much fun!

Diamond7
Oct 29th, 1999, 08:07:23 PM
Well, I went to Walmart and looked at the back of the box. Seems that there isn't an Obi-Wan. There's a Sebulba, a destroyer, a battle droid, Amidala, Qui-Gon, Maul, Sidious, and Anakin.