PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro SW toys - Opinions

Bromine
Oct 28th, 1999, 02:43:00 AM
Do you think Hasbro did a good job with the SW toys it produced, specifically, the action figures? I have an opinion, but I don't want to set the tone of the thread in the first post, so I'll let some ppl respond first. :)

jjwr
Oct 28th, 1999, 08:18:18 AM
I think the toys are good, the first line of POFT2 wasn't that great, but they've gotten better with time. Still not the best action figure line ever(G.I.Joe took that one easily). but good toys.

Kyp Durron
Oct 28th, 1999, 11:50:58 AM
Agreed. Better now than before, but still need a few tweaking, especially the humanoid ones. The droids are just fine, especially the Droidekas...I love em!

jjwr
Oct 28th, 1999, 12:52:31 PM
I think the only they're missin is some huge playsets

Rama Sha
Oct 28th, 1999, 01:24:59 PM
I wouldn't mind them redoing the falcon, just like the Royal Starship. The one that I have now barely fits my han figure in the pilots station, let alone both han and chewie. Man that is so stupid why can't I say @#%$

jjwr
Oct 28th, 1999, 02:13:10 PM
I agree, the kokpit is way too small, the old figures fit in it, but no way the new ones do. I haven't seen the Royal starship yet, but I've heard its huge. I think a big palace playset would be cool, like 3 or 4 feet high and have a huge base with all kinds of pathways, and rooms, etc, course it would cose like $250

Bromine
Oct 28th, 1999, 02:57:15 PM
I'd have to agree that I really like how the action figures turned out. Some ppl insist that they're all junk, but when I compare the original SW figures with the new POTF2 ones, there's just no comparison. When you look at the head of a Luke action figure, it LOOKS like Mark Hamill. Sure, it may not have a lot of articulation, but it's still a pretty darn good likeness. :) I agree that we need more playsets and vehicles. I think a good way to bring the price down would be to leave out electronic lights and sounds, which I never cared for, anyway. I think those cardboard dioramas they came out with were an attmempt at low-cost playsets, but they were still too expensive, considering what you got. Only other complaint I have is with the CommTech chips. I think this was simply a lame attempt to explain doubling the price of figures. Well, all it means for me is that I can only buy half as many, now. Add to that the fact that the sound quality is so poor, and the fact that I'd rather do my own voices, and basically all Hasbro's given me for twice the price is a fancy stand.

jjwr
Oct 28th, 1999, 03:21:47 PM
I agree, the comtech chips are lame, and they sound like crap! They added about $1.25 to the prices of figures around here for those.

Bromine
Oct 28th, 1999, 08:40:00 PM
Here they jumped from about $4.99-$5.99 at Wal-Mart to $9.99. Every time I look at one of my CommTech chips I think, "That cost me and extra 4 ******* dollars!?! :)

Atreyu
Oct 28th, 1999, 08:46:25 PM
When I was a little kid I used to make my own voices for my figures, and I ENJOYED it. Who needs commtech chips? :)

jjwr
Oct 29th, 1999, 08:32:34 AM
$9.99 at wal-mart? I thought they all had to keep the same prices, at our walmart they're $6.74, even Kay Bee doesn't sell them for $9.99

Bromine
Oct 30th, 1999, 01:44:32 AM
I'm in Canada, though. Our prices are usually a little higher, but I think this is ridiculous!

Mirax H
Oct 30th, 1999, 01:13:39 PM
I agree, and all i use them for are as stands. I'd much rather pay less, then i could buy more figures. Man, i remember $1.99 for the originals.

Bromine
Oct 30th, 1999, 02:10:44 PM
I was thinking about doing some old-fashioned "army building", then quickly realised that to get even a small squad of ten battle droids, it would cost me over $100 with tax! :)