PDA

View Full Version : Queen Amidala portrait editions

Kyp Durron
Oct 22nd, 1999, 04:44:23 PM
I bought two of them...the Senate gown and the black travel dress. On the box, it says 2 of 3 and 3 of 3. I have never seen the first one. Which one is it? I can only assume it's either her first costume ("I will not condone a course of action that will lead us to war") or the parade dress. Has anyone seen it?

jjwr
Oct 22nd, 1999, 04:52:48 PM
I'm not sure offhand which ones I've seen but I've only seen two of them too.

Diamond7
Oct 23rd, 1999, 06:58:49 PM
So have I. In fact, I very rarely see the Senate gown; it sells pretty quick 'round here. But I've only ever seen the two. I hope that the first one is the throne room gown. That's my favorite.

Leia Solo
Oct 28th, 1999, 03:11:06 AM
i as well have only seen two. i have a feeling that the third one, (or the first one,) will be the ceremonial dress at the end simply because there are several other dolls out there that have the palace dress. just my openion.

Mirax H
Oct 30th, 1999, 01:10:47 PM
The first one in the series is Leia in her formal gown from the end of SW. If you look on the back of that box, it says 1of 3. It is the first in that series.

KvanB
Nov 27th, 1999, 10:52:31 PM
GREAT NEWS! Queen Amidala portrait edition 12" dolls are on sale now. The best price I've seen is $29.95 at Toys-R-Us. It seems kind of strange to me that a 'Princess Leia' doll would be included as number one in a series of 'Queen Amidala' dolls though..... As far as I have been able to determine, there are only two dolls available in the 1999 Portrait Edition Queen Amidala dolls. The Senate Gown(red) and the Travel from Naboo Gown(black). There is supposed to be a 2000 portrait edition doll available in Japan now. I found a picture of this doll in http://sirstevesguide.com/ (http://sirstevesguide.com/) Look in the 'News' section. It is the Travel back to Naboo Gown(purple) doll. I would like her for my collection. Has anyone seen this available here in the States yet?

KvanB
Dec 17th, 1999, 07:23:31 PM
<FONT COLOR=FF0000>Queen Amidala 12" doll update: <FONT COLOR=FFFF00>etoys has the Purple Travel gown doll for sale, $69.99 (YIKES!) amazon.com has both the Black Travel Gown and the Senate Gown dolls on sale for $27.99.</FONT>