PDA

View Full Version : Stupid action figures you KNOW they're gonna make...

Bromine
Sep 26th, 1999, 10:42:45 PM
I was looking at an old "Top Ten List" I made up of lame action figures that were coming out. It was supposed to be a silly, fictitious list, but I realise that some of my supposedly dumb and silly ideas, like drooling Jabba and Shot-Up Greedo, actually became figures! Truth IS stranger than fiction! What other LAME figures do you think Hasbro will come up with? Right now my money's on Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon and Hologram Maul.

revginslinger
Sep 27th, 1999, 12:48:27 AM
maul in two parts. anakin with jedi hair braid. obi wan with hyperdrive parts. handmaidens. the aunt beru/uncle owen dinner set

Bromine
Sep 27th, 1999, 12:58:01 AM
UPDATE: I just checked out www.fandommenace.com and this is where it starts getting spooky: One of your predictions has partially come true, Revginslinger! check the photo repository for an accessory set called "Hyperdrive Repair Kit". Now I'm starting to worry about the dinner set... :)

revginslinger
Sep 27th, 1999, 08:20:49 PM
the only sites i check are this one and theforce.net, and that's only for pre- quel news...toy news i never check on because the thrill of finding a new one at the stores still brings out the kid in me. the dinner set wouldn't be complete without the blender and the tupperware utensils....and when are they going to make an uncle owen/anakin skywalker hovel?????

Atreyu
Sep 27th, 1999, 08:27:06 PM
How about a playset of the remains of Luke's home after the stormtroppers attacked it - complete with Owen and beru's smoldering corpses ...

Jedi2016
Sep 28th, 1999, 10:44:32 AM
Gonk.. oh, damn. They already made that one. A big collection of all those droid parts from the Jawa Sandcrawler. Obi-Wan with soft goods. Anakin and Shmi with slave transmitter (you can blow them up when they try to escape). Kitster and Wald 2-pack.

jjwr
Sep 28th, 1999, 10:52:02 AM
Hey, theres nothing wrong with the Gonk(power) droid, that was always one of my favorites.

Bromine
Sep 28th, 1999, 04:16:03 PM
Gonk rocks, man! :) I can see the Anakin and Shni with transmitter, too, only forget the blow-up part; they'd be exactly the same as the other figures, because the transmitter is underneath the skin and not visible on the figure. This would encourage ppl to keep them in their original packaging so they could tell them apart from the "regular" figures. :)

Bromine
Sep 30th, 1999, 04:13:21 PM
Maybe in Ep. 3, we will see spirits of a whole ton of Jedi, and then we can have 50+ "Spirit of" figures. In fact, Hasbro's whole 2003 figure line will be comprised of "Spirit of" and "Hologram" versions of characters, and they'll save so much money on paint, the price will come down slightly and kids will actually be able to afford them! :)

Wolfe
Sep 30th, 1999, 10:41:12 PM
Woohhoo - imagine having a whole big 'spirit' army. :)

Big Boogie E
Oct 5th, 1999, 03:22:25 PM
Are they seriously making a Wald figure? That's it. Shoot me now. Take good aim. Don't miss.

Bromine
Oct 5th, 1999, 07:22:28 PM
I can see it now, they can call it: "Kitster and Wald with Cheering Action: Pegwarmer Two-Pack #1". :)

revginslinger
Oct 5th, 1999, 10:14:57 PM
went to wal mart yesterday.....the anakin with braid was there...... when will the hasbro madness end?????

Bromine
Oct 5th, 1999, 10:26:50 PM
I hear they're making an Imperial figure that can grip his own neck, so you can pretend Vader's choking him. Quite SAD, when you really think about it... :)

Jedi Rama
Oct 6th, 1999, 12:41:47 AM
Adrimal Motti, I have seen pics of it. The funny thing is he comes with a blaster pistol. What good is that going to do him.

Jedi Rama
Oct 6th, 1999, 12:43:58 AM
Two Words: Jek Porkins You know what is even scarier his is slated for next year.

Bromine
Oct 6th, 1999, 03:02:01 AM
Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. What will his Commtech chip say? "I'm fine, I don't need to pull up," "Yes, that's right, I'm going to fly straight into the Death Star because I'm too darned stubborn to listen to you and pull up!" :) I'm still wating for that old pilot, Red Leader. At least he stayed alive through most of the battle.

Jedi2016
Oct 6th, 1999, 06:30:04 PM
Well, we know what Red Leader's commtech chip will say. "Almost there..." and "Wait for my signal" spoken like a country bumpkin. And I never meant that Gonk was a bad figure or a bad character.. I just can't for the life of me figure out why he's so popular. There's even Gonk worship sites on the internet. That's what I can't figure out.

MuahdDib
Nov 3rd, 1999, 06:46:59 PM
so much to reply to!! to start of, Jek Porkins will say: "oohhhh s*#t...nothing's wroonnng...everything's fine...." "Gaah!! I dropped my sandwich and got mustard on my controls!" and "BUUURRRRPPPP" crappy new figures: (for one, I can't believe "battle damaged destroyer droid...you just know some mold got air bubbles and they didn't want to waste the materials...bastages) 1. the little "clean up droids" seen picking up battle droid parts after the battle with the Gungans. 2. "meeting of the bosses" cinema scene with 5 different gungan bosses...hell they all look the same to me anyhow 3. "Wacky JarJar with new fruit-snatching tounge action (ladies will love the life sized version!)" 4. the "other" astromechs - r3-d9, r7-f6, g8-k4... heck I forgot what else I was gonna say...good enough!

Diamond7
Nov 3rd, 1999, 09:02:30 PM
Hey, we could always get the pilot and co-pilot from the beginning of TPM. That way, you can recreate their deaths, too!

Froghopper
Nov 3rd, 1999, 10:22:44 PM
Hey, I want an r3-d9! hmm the imperial with the hand choking- yes that is SAD : They should have vader with the squezing hand and the imperial w/ a sunk'n neck (each figure will have tiny magnets inside and when you bring them together vader's hand squeezes and the neck collapses and a voice chip will say aacccccckk ckkkk k k k) oh, wait this was supposed to be the dumb toys thread. BTW good to see you here Muahd'Dib

bronto
Dec 23rd, 1999, 04:41:21 PM
Yo know they're going to make more Han and Luke's. I thought the Luke w/ blast shield helmet and the Luke with the T-16 Skyhopper model were pushing it. Enough is enough. What's next, Luke with "stuck on Tatooine for another season" disappointed look on his face? The lame commtech chip could say "But I wanted to go to Toshi's Station!", "It looks like I'm going nowhere." and "I'm never getting off this rock!"

Froghopper
Dec 23rd, 1999, 07:29:23 PM
Well I don't know if it would be lame but , how about the little critter outside Jabba's palace that has like 5 seconds of film time? I agree with the Han and Luke. They did a Leia with the medal, why not have Han and Luke in ceremony suits wearing the medals too?

Bromine
Dec 23rd, 1999, 09:22:27 PM
Actually, they did Luke in ceremonnial suit with medal, and if you ount the Leia Collections, they've got Han as well. :)

Fox609
Dec 25th, 1999, 11:10:49 PM
A 2 pack of the ET & Wookie senitors. (ET comes with bag of reese's peices)

bronto
Dec 27th, 1999, 04:22:17 PM
Well, Froghopper I think it is possible that Hasbro would make that critter from outside Jabba's palace. He had more screen time than some of the figures that have been made. Such as Prune Face and Bomarr Monk. I can't even find Prune Face in that slide he came with. And remember Amanaman and Snaggletooth from the original Star Wars line of action figures?

Bromine
Dec 27th, 1999, 07:57:00 PM
The way I figure it, we've got the podracing pilots and crowd, the Jedi Council, the Senate, and all the different Gungans for new figures. Don't forget all those Gungan bosses! Oh, and while I'm at it, let's not forget about all of the Queen's and handmaiden's outfits.

Froghopper
Jan 3rd, 2000, 12:01:26 AM
Absolutlely right! -they reeaaallly need to have a handmaiden accessory pack for all the figures that coulda been one. :)

Darth Contagious
Jan 16th, 2000, 07:41:05 PM
Hi guys, I'm new here. I'm usually in the prop boards, but how about these for figures... Caring look Padmé with JuniPar snipet. Balf playing Kister with metal pan thingy. R2-D2 name reveal-- oh wait...

mez7
Feb 5th, 2000, 09:37:30 PM
haysbro is making an aut beru figure, she comes with a container of blue milk and a small droid. im not joking about this

Bromine
Feb 5th, 2000, 09:57:37 PM
Actually, the Aunt Beru figure came out a while back. She was one of the "Flashback" figures.

Jedi Master Kyle
Feb 7th, 2000, 09:22:56 PM
i just read this on hasbro's site, wait till you see what's coming now! "Chewbacca recovering C-3PO's dismembered body parts from the Ugnaughts scene----complete with chess-pass action ugnaughts!" and "dumb imperials don't shoot on escape pod on Tantive IV with droids aboard scene--complete with imperial star destroyer laser battery and C-3PO and R2-D2 molded right into the escape pod!" and "Gardulla the Hutt watches the podrace from an impossible angle in Jabba's private box---with commtech chip (guess the lines for that one!) and "Rebel heroes trapped in Ewok net on Endor--with dead animal and painted background!" and "Rebel Heroes dry off from Trash Compactor Incident---complete with wet stormtrooper suits and background!" and "Chewbacca whimpers upon hearing that Han will spend the night outside in the frigid Hoth cold---complete with ladder and background!" and "Royal Imperial Guards stand at attention next to the Emperor's personal elevator---complete with elevator with an opening door!" and "the complete star wars cast and crew action figures collection! including: George Lucas circa 1975 during the writing of A New Hope George Lucas during interviews with movie executives George Lucas during casting of characters George Lucas on set of A New Hope George Lucas at A New Hope Premier George Lucas on the telephone to his friend Mark Hamill pre- A New Hope audition Carpenter Harrison Ford and <font color="red"> THOUSANDS </font> of your favorite star wars cast and crew members in their daily routines, all coming to you this year!! i hope by now that you realize that i am lying and i've never even been to the hasbro site!