PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

jjwr
Dec 16th, 1999, 10:30:43 AM
My local Wal-Mart finally got in all the figs, yesterday I was able to get my R2-D2, Destroyer Droid, Adi Galia, Yoda, Naboo Obi, and Naboo Qui Gon. it took them forever to restock, and I"m glad I was around when they did!

Mirax H
Dec 17th, 1999, 06:49:30 PM
Way to go!

Jedieb
Dec 17th, 1999, 09:26:54 PM
Congrats, now you just have to find Holo Darth Sidious and Naboo Soldier. D'OH!!! I still haven't found these but I did see the new Lego sets at WalMart today so the week hasn't been a total bust. I bought the B-Wing and I might pick up Slave I if it's still around tomorrow morning. Hopefully, this will hold me over 'till X-Mas. MTFBWY

Bromine
Dec 18th, 1999, 05:29:01 AM
I finally found the Yoda and Destroyer Droid wave at...I can't believe this...SEARS! Not ToysR'Us, not Wal-Mart; Sears was the first place to get them. A friend of mine that works at ToysR'Us couldn't believe it. They're several waves behind that.

Tonnikan Jinn
Feb 13th, 2000, 09:06:05 AM
I remember when the origonal toys came out way back in '77, Sears was where I got most of my figures. I couldn't wait each year for the new Sears Wishbook to come out so I could see all the SW toys I wanted. I even got a big sign from Sears back then that says "Star Wars Toy Center." Oh... memories. -T.J.

Bromine
Feb 13th, 2000, 10:45:06 AM
Wow, I remember the big layouts they used to do in the wishbook! They'd have a big starfield background, and tons of figures all fighting and whatnot. I remember the year the Death Star playset was released. They had an awesome full-page spread showing a king's ransom in toys! Okay gotta stop reminiscing before I start drooling, hehe. :)

Jedieb
Feb 13th, 2000, 12:46:07 PM
Those old wishbooks would make great pieces to a collection. Have you guys ever seen any on sale anywhere?

JediTricks
Feb 13th, 2000, 09:05:05 PM
Congrats, I found Darth Maul Sith Lord the other day at my local TRU.

Bromine
Feb 13th, 2000, 09:28:06 PM
I found a Jar-Jar Binks and a Watto! They must be really popular because there were about a hundred each on the shelves. I guess Darth Maul isn't very popular, because the stores rarely seem to bring him in. My Watto figure also has some errors. The card is bent in half (I haven't seen another one like that) and for some reason, the Commtech chip has Steven Hawking's voice instead of Watto's. How much do you think it's worth? I'm putting it on Ebay for $500.00. My apologies for the pointless rambling. I must be bored. :) JediTricks - Is Darth Maul Sith Lord is the Tatooine one with the cloak and single-blade sabre, or yet another variation the toy stores up here still haven't got?

SebulbaStar
Feb 15th, 2000, 09:12:56 PM
Today I went to my local TOYS R US, and hoping to find some new stuff of POTF2 and Episode 1, but to shock, the shelves was flooded with POTF2 figures and Deluxe Figures, the Expanded Universe Speeder Bike for $4.97, and a bunch of old stuff from 1997. Where in the World did they get this stuff from. I did read a few weeks ago, Employees from TOYS R US's were finding Old Stock hidden in the back-room, that has been there for years, and now finally, it seems, the stores are finding this stuff, and stocking it, and marking it down on Clearance. Also, I picked up some old Micro Machines Head Playsets, Boba Fett, and Yoda for a mere $4.97. They had a few POTF2 8D8's, and a few old Flashback figures, but not the ones I was looking for... Then at my K-MART, I found those new 9'Inch Episode 1 Figures of R2-A6, Pit Droids, and Anakin for $8.00 each, so I bought a second of those. I'm Looking for real bad is: R2-D2 /w Hologram Princess Leia (like everybody else) and C-3PO /w Net (Freeze Frame, or is it Flashback Photo) Luke Skywalker /w Blast Shield Helmet I really would appreciate it if anybody has these to Sell....Thanks. Visit my site..I'll be updating it later today.

Bromine
Feb 16th, 2000, 05:10:02 AM
This is a general question for everyone, but it was sort of sparked by Sebulba's post: Do you want only U.S. carded figs., or would you collect Canadian Tri-Lingual figures, too? I know the packaging isn't as pretty, but I was just curious what ppl think.

Jedieb
Feb 16th, 2000, 08:00:53 PM
Foreign cards aren't that big of a deal to most U.S. collectors. I've never gone out of my way to collect tri-logos. They just don't seem that interesting to me.

SebulbaStar
Feb 17th, 2000, 01:18:54 AM
I prefer U.S. Cards, I have seen a few Tri-Logo Cards, but they look like they came from a Amateur Card designer. Does anybody have those figures?

Bromine
Feb 17th, 2000, 05:26:23 AM
Just to clarify, I didn't mean do you guys collect the tri-logos as a cool variation or something, I was wondering whether you like, hated them and wouldn't add them to your collection, or you don't really care if your figure has a US or tri. card?

Jedieb
Feb 17th, 2000, 10:36:31 AM
I wouldn't mind having a few tri-logos. The ones I've seen look neat. I just wouldn't go out of my way to get one. Since I open the figs I buy I wouldn't mind buying a tri-logo if it was the only way I could get a certain figure.

Spadix From HPC
Feb 27th, 2000, 02:02:13 PM
thats the only thing I CAN get, living in Canada & all... hey, has anyone gotten the Chewbacca comic?? it's not that long, but it's pretty good... but I still prefur Manga & Anime(lol) there doesn't seem to be anymore SWcans for sale in my area... oh well, at least I got Jar Jar!!(did anyone ifnd Qui Gon?? I couldn't find him anywhere, but there where always lots of Sidus & Battle Droids...)

Jedieb
Feb 27th, 2000, 04:22:37 PM
The fan club is selling a complete set in a special metal container for $100. It even includes 2 Storm cans. They also had the Destiny can a couple of days ago but it sold out in a matter of hours. :(