PDA

View Full Version : The drought finally ends!!!!

Jedieb
Mar 20th, 2000, 09:58:21 PM
For the first time in close to 2 months I found some new figures. I picked up soft goods Qui-Gon and the battle Damage Droideka. I also bought the new holograph Maul and Qui-Gon. At $10 a piece I probably should have waited for the clearance bin but I've been so starved for new stuff I couldn't wait. I'm hopeful more and more stuff will hit the shelves as the video release approaches. :)

buffjedi
Mar 21st, 2000, 01:11:06 AM
You know, Its funny you started this thread I found an action figure tonight I didnt have(AND I THOUGHT I HAD ALLLLLLL OF THE SMALL ONES EVEN THE EV)IT was a jawa with a power droid,(in one box)does anyone else have this one and are there any other odd ones I may not have????

Bromine
Mar 21st, 2000, 03:21:10 AM
That one came in the same wave as Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and Greedo with Commtech chips and bendable knees. Han Solo and the Jawa are the two really popular ones, it seems.

Jedieb
Mar 21st, 2000, 12:14:08 PM
The next classic figs to look for are Admiral Motti with his action choking pose, and Hooded Leia. I can't wait to get my hands on the Motti. Nothing beats a tortured Imp. ;)

bronto
Mar 21st, 2000, 04:26:27 PM
That's cool that people are finally finding stuff.

I actully found a figure I didn't have yesturday at Wal-Mart in Santa Fe, NM. It's that female Jedi Council Member Adia Gallia, or how ever you spell it. I know its been out for a while, but that is still the newest figure I have seen.

I haven't even laid my eyes on alot of the figures you guys are talking about.

bronto
Mar 21st, 2000, 04:29:58 PM
Don't forget about one of the other classic figures:

Darth Vader with that little round torture droid.

Jedieb
Mar 21st, 2000, 07:27:43 PM
He came out with the new Stormtrooper a while back. I thought I was struggling but I feel bad for a lot of you guys. Wouldn't things be easier if you could just order from Hasbro directly?
And speaking of ordering, the Fan Club shipped my Wuher out yesterday. He'll be serving drinks in my cantina by the end of the week. :)

Jedi Master Kyle
Mar 21st, 2000, 11:27:21 PM
lucky S.O.B.'s!! no offense!

jedieb, i doubt i'll be able to take you up on your offer. thanks anyway. if i ever get ample cash, i may inquire again if you don't mind. the reason is that if i buy tatooine maul or any one else for that matter from you, at $10 american, it would end up costing me $584.79 canadian per figure.

Bromine
Mar 22nd, 2000, 05:03:18 AM
Stupid exchange rate...

jjwr
Mar 22nd, 2000, 10:50:22 AM
I hit walmart last night, wasn't expecting to find anything but I checked it out anyways, and they had the new POFT2 Figures!!!

I grabbed the Vader with droid and 2 of the Stormtroopers. THose were the only storm troopers they had and only had one other vader left. They had about 5 each of the hooded Leia and Motti being choked. They looked cool but I also had to buy $120 in prescriptions so I limited myself to those three.

I set Vader up with a new stormtrooper on each side of him. I think thats like 10 Troopers I've got now :)

Jedieb
Mar 23rd, 2000, 08:36:38 PM
Congrats jjwr! I love army building as well. The new Stormtroopers are a huge improvement. You can pose them in various 'death poses'. I've picked up 3 so far. I want to wait untill they hit the clearance aisles, in about a year or two :( , then I'll grab some more. And believe me, it'll happen. I picked up at least 4 green carded Stormtroopers last year for an average of $2-$3.

I forgot you were up in the Great White North JMK. Keep the faith. When the video gets released you might have a great shot at picking him up. I just wish I would have nabbed him at the TRU buy 1 get 1 free sale for ya. Sorry. :(

Admiral Vaughn
Mar 24th, 2000, 04:47:39 AM
I found the motti,& the new
chewie w/the chess table at
the wal-mart here in lex, ky. They seem to be the chase figures.. from this shipment anyway.
There were tons of everything else so i go back the next day thinking ill grab a few i dont have
and they were gone.....!?
The Toy Vampires had struck
again. I dont expect to see any new figures after these
untill christmas or something horrible like that (typical of kenner)
But since motti has never been produced it is the best to pick up first....
unless kenner decides to make a bazzillion of them
Oh well what can you do?

jjwr
Mar 24th, 2000, 10:05:35 AM
Chewie with a Chess table? I haven't seen that one yet.

I'm thinking of getting the Motti and Leia but it'll have to wait until next week when I get paid again. I wish we had some bargain bins around here, nothing is cheaper than $6.74, oh well.

Jedieb
Mar 24th, 2000, 06:40:00 PM
The Chewie looks pretty cool. I haven't picked him up yet but I've seen pics of him seated at the Darnyk(sp?) table with his arms folded behind his neck. Time to open up the old Falcon set up a display. :)