PDA

View Full Version : "interactive" Yoda: not out yet, or sold out alrea

Grendel 666
Nov 5th, 1999, 08:13:03 AM
I assume most of you know what what I am referring to-- my understanding was this was to be a sort of "Furby" toy. I saw an empty space on the shelf at a local store marked with a price sticker reading "Interactive Yoda $39.95". I asked one of the friendly and helpful store personnel for "Yoda's" status and received "I dunno, man" for an answer. A few calls to other stores and a web search proved even less useful. I was going to try to get the little guy for my mother for Xmas. Anyone know anything on this? (next day) upon further investigation, I guess they are all sold out. Would have posted this to the previous thread on this topic but the new "page" format hid it from me.

evpi50
Nov 8th, 1999, 06:15:57 AM
Hey grendel 666 I have not seen this Yoda yet.. Do you have any info on it?? Ed

evpi50
Nov 8th, 1999, 06:19:09 AM
I read your post to my post (huh) anyhow I never saw any of these , Yet.. I will have to get ahold of my T/R us contacts and get my greedy paws on some.. Ed

Grendel 666
Nov 8th, 1999, 10:15:34 AM
Okay I just spent an hour trying to figure this out and I am more befuddled than ever... When I asked at the local Shopko if they had already sold out of Yoda I was told they were gone but thought more were probably on the way around the end of the month. (I wasn't offered a raincheck and didn't think to ask-- I was in a post-Packers-loss daze.) But I looked at Tiger's web sites and while they have info on a great many Star Wars games and Furbys, there is *nothing* about Yoda. And on eBay, there is a dutch auction going-- I feel safe mentioning this, Ed, because no-one but you or I seems to be interested and there were no bids yet. There are 50 Interactive Yodas which will supposedly be available for shipment on or after December 5th... If I can't find anyone locally who can tell me with some confidence what the heck is/was/will be available I may put a bid in.

evpi50
Nov 8th, 1999, 10:38:06 AM
Thanks for the info bud.. Take care and keep me posted u can find me lurking around the prop board. Take care. Ed

Grendel 666
Nov 9th, 1999, 10:31:41 AM
Just thought I would post that I have nothing new to post. :/ eBay is looking like the best bet if you can find a trustworthy seller... good luck...

Wampa
Nov 13th, 1999, 08:57:04 PM
Ok my friends. The old and powerfull WAMPA is here to help. I have one on reserve and just called the store yesterday. They said that they had a delay in production and should be out by the end of the month.

evpi50
Nov 14th, 1999, 11:05:52 AM
sorry for the late reply Wampa. Thanks for the info.. Ed

Wampa
Dec 8th, 1999, 10:29:32 PM
I got new word on this today. Latest news is that it won't be coming out until the begining of January. Grrrrrr!

Big Boogie E
Dec 9th, 1999, 05:30:40 PM
Like some of you, I have one on reserve as well. I put the money down back in late September for it, was told it'd be out in late October, but have heard nothing yet. So just today, I called them and asked them what's up. I was told that the Interactive Yoda won't be out until (get this) SPRING 2000. Needless to say, I'm disappointed. Anyways, thought you'd appreciate the heads-up.

Grendel 666
Dec 10th, 1999, 06:21:07 AM
I hadn't heard that but I can't say I'm surprised. I guess the delay is at least partly due to earthquakes in Taiwan, where the electronics are assembled? That was the rumor anyway.

Jedieb
Dec 11th, 1999, 01:26:07 AM
I placed my order with K-Bee Toys months ago. I expect it to be out sometime in the spring. There's no way it will be out by the end of the year. I'd try to stay away from ebay if I were you guys. Just be patient, these WILL be available in the spring.

Lord Sith
Mar 25th, 2000, 07:34:44 AM
OK here's what I know. The interative Yoda wouldn't be on the shelves so soon, as expected. The factory in China hasn't started manufacturing them. There are still some problems with its production. I was supposed to be out in Feb/Mar but judging from what I heard it wouldn't be out until May, earliest. So for those are planning to reserve one, please hang on until more info surface.

Jedieb
Mar 25th, 2000, 06:20:11 PM
AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! This is just ridiculous. I've heard about the production delay too. I've also heard some rumors that Yoda's voice is pretty bad. I'm hoping this is just collector frustation talking. I'll pass judgement when KB finally calls me and I open the little green guy up. As soon as I get mine I'll let everybody know. We can compare notes and see if the wait was worth it.
MTFBWY

Lord Sith
Mar 25th, 2000, 11:35:37 PM
Not to worry, I will keep you all up-dated on its progress. I will inform you guys once it is being shipped out to USA. I have a informer working in Tiger Electronics in Hong Kong which is in-charged of its worldwide distribution.

Jedi3167one
Apr 1st, 2000, 03:47:45 PM
You still trying to think Jediplebe?

Stop it.

Pass by my place. Flame-U-Like and check out the top ten Star Wars Fandom Fairys. Your name may just be in that list. Ask some of your faggy girlfriends, like Dutchy for the URL. The bint will know where to look.