PDA

View Full Version : Army Building

Bromine
Dec 11th, 1999, 04:15:15 AM
I mean TOY army building, of course. :) I remember way back in May when Episode 1 figures were first coming out, the official word was that there were 4 different paint jobs for the battle droids so that you could build a droid army and have some variety to the ranks. What I've never been able to understand is: who would buy an army's worth of battle droids at current retail prices? Now that prices are being slashed, and even the fan club is trying to unload the older figures, I've been mulling over the following idea: Why doesn't the fan club offer uncarded battle droids for, say, $2-3 each? Maybe give a discount to orders over 10 or something. They could just have them sealed in plastic bags like they do with all the other fan club exclusives. I know this probably won't happen, primarily because Hasbro makes more money by putting the droids in fancy packages and adding commtech chips and hiking up the price, but what do you think? Is this a feasible idea for Hasbro and the fan club to do?

Froghopper
Dec 16th, 1999, 03:26:20 PM
I'd like to see it happen!

jjwr
Dec 16th, 1999, 06:04:40 PM
That would be cool, currently I"ve got 3 Battle droids, and about 10 various Storm Troopers, it would be cool to have that army though!

Lord Marrak
Apr 2nd, 2000, 11:41:47 AM
I never really did care to build my own army of Battle Droids.. it was more the.. imperial stormtroopers etc than anything =OP

AthaPrime
Apr 3rd, 2000, 07:35:13 PM
That would be perfect, but you know they'll never do anything to make figures cheaper

Jedieb
Apr 4th, 2000, 01:19:36 PM
Right now retailers are trying to unload peg warmers. It's been awhile since I've seen any of the original battle droids sitting on pegs. Those sold very well and if you think about it they were short packed. They shipped 4 per case, but it was 1 of each version. So the scarcity and "coolness" of the figure kept it from being a major pegwarmer. By contrast, OOM-9 is pretty easy to find. I've even spotted solid cases of him at TRU. So this might be the battle droid that you'll be able to build your army with.