PDA

View Full Version : Material to Build an Imperial Compound

Lord Marrak
Apr 2nd, 2000, 11:50:31 AM
Ok heres something that you all might be able ta help me with...

I'm planning to take a few snap shots of my collect when finished.. and I need some ideas as to what to use to create an imperial building/stronghold or what ever you wanna call it.

Any idea's?

Bromine
Apr 3rd, 2000, 01:52:58 PM
If you want a sort of junky, industrial look like the Millennium Falcon or the exterior of a Star Destroyer, try taking apart an old (OLD) VCR, cassette deck, computer, etc. and use the metal chassis as the start for walls. Only problem is it weighs a lot.
Or, you could cover cardboard with foil tape/duct tape for walls. rip apart some elctronic stuff and glue the parts on the walls.
For consoles, computer terminals, etc, I find it easiest to draw them out on computer, print them out, then paste them in place. That way you can have a panel covered with tiny buttons and stuff.

Hope that helps. Sounds like a cool project!

Lord Marrak
Apr 3rd, 2000, 11:48:48 PM
Thanx =O)

What I was thinking of doing was basically some kinda fortress with a landing pad.

Therefore I guess I could do the landing pad and base of the compound with say cardboard.. and have an old PC (or two) for the tower... cut out a few holes in the case with say a pair of tin snips (hopefully they would be strong enuff) and yeah.. after painting the entire project a grey or dark grey, set a few 3 1/4" stormtroopers guards etc around the place... maybe with a shuttle on a landing pad or something =O)

I've got mates that would prolly be able to get some old 486 cases that aren't used, so the pc cases shouldn't be all that hard to get.

Bromine
Apr 5th, 2000, 01:11:35 PM
Good luck with the snips...those PC chassis are really thick!

Lord Marrak
Apr 5th, 2000, 09:07:02 PM
I think I should be right *fingers crossed*

I was also thinking about creating a hanger outta an old filing cabnet... but yeah I guess we'll see how she goes hehe =O)