PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Case Assortments

Jedieb
Apr 11th, 2000, 09:58:24 AM
Well I picked up a Swimming Jar Jar this morning. And why? Because I was able to open the case myself. 1 out of 16, brilliant Hasbro. They should have just waited until they had enough to ship 3 or 4 per case. I could probably get $15-$20 on ebay for this right now. And that's exactly what scalpers are doing with this figure right now. STUPID HASBRO!!!!!

vadork
Apr 11th, 2000, 10:59:32 AM
it's a crazy hobby! just about evryone hates jar jar, but pack him one per case and then everyone wants him. if he were 3-4 per case you bet he would be in the $2 bins by summer. what a world!

jjwr
Apr 11th, 2000, 11:28:17 AM
What else was in the case? Hasbro really needs to figure something out to do about the bad distribution. You'd figure they'd put more of the newer figures in the case and less of the stuff thats been out for a while.

Bromine
Apr 11th, 2000, 05:12:33 PM
Well, I think of it this way: If Hasbro packs more of Jar-Jar per case, he becomes a pegwarmer and everyone complains about Hasbro shipping lame pegwarmers. They ship too few, and he becomes rare and sought after, and people complain Hasbro didn't ship enough. Hasbro's kinda screwed either way, methinks.
At least they didn't short-pack Maul and cause mass riots.:)

Jedieb
Apr 11th, 2000, 06:58:15 PM
Bro:
"At least they didn't short-pack Maul and cause mass riots."
Like they did with the 12" Maul back in May. >(

The case also contained the Battle Damaged Droideka and the Battle Damaged (soft goods) Qui Gon. But these new figs were evenly packed!! There were at least 2 or 3 of each. They should just have left Jar Jar out. The rest of the case was made up of Tatooine and soft goods Mauls. That's why you see Mauls on the pegs now, it seems just about every assortment has some version of him.

I don't have the exact breakdowns of cases but they're out there. If you need to know then check rebelscum.com or yakface.com . They've got the info on there site somewhere.

On a positive note, they did have a case of the Motti/Leia wave. They had about 3 of each and some more Stormtroopers and Vaders. The case contained 12 figures so hopefully some kids and collectors will finally get the Vader or Stormtrooper they missed during the winter.
MTFBWY

jjwr
Apr 12th, 2000, 08:34:35 AM
"Soft Goods"? Exactly what does that mean?

I love that new Stormtrooper! I bought the last two my Wal-Mart had and they probably won't get any more, though they still have some Leia's and Motti's hanging around, I'll probably pick those two up eventually just to get them. The only thing that sucked about that Vader is the way his arms are kinda posed in that position and that he didn't have a lightsaber. Other than that I think he's the best Vader to come out yet.

Jedieb
Apr 12th, 2000, 10:47:05 AM
Soft goods
It's just the name that was given to the rehash figures that featured those little cloth flaps. Why they came up with that name is beyond me too.
And yes, the Vader is very nice. If the saber would have been detachable then I'd say it was the best Vader yet, but I'm partial to the Removable Helmet Vader. I'm looking forward to the Dagobah Vader/Luke. That should be a great fig!

jjwr
Apr 12th, 2000, 03:00:57 PM
Thanks for the definition :)

I noticed that sabre on his belt when I got it and I was excited till I tried to take it off. The removable helmet Vader is cool, but I've only seen my brothers, never was able to find that one on my own.

Speaking of things that almost got me excited, when I got the new storm troopers I was suprised they didn't come with blasters and I noticed the little holsters they had, for a second I though the blaster was gonna be in the holster and be removalbe, but again was dissapointed. That would have definetly been awesome if they had done that.

Jedieb
Apr 12th, 2000, 08:27:56 PM
I just got back from the mall and KB is having a big sale on some "dead inventory". They had some older figs I haven't seen in years. Bespin Luke, Mon Mothma, an R2 freeze frame, slave leia, etc. You might be able to pick up a Removable Helmet Vader at one of these sales. Good luck.

Oh, if you ever get desperate for one let me know. We can work out an even trade. Something like a new Stormtrooper for an extra RH Vader I have.
MTFBWY

jjwr
Apr 13th, 2000, 08:34:44 AM
I actually saw all those at KB over the weekend, thought it was awesome! And all the figs were $3.99 too. I picked up a Bespin Luke cause I had missed that one and looked but didn't find a RH Vader. But they do have a ample number of older Storm Troopers and Snow Troopers, and for $3.99 each thats some good Army fodder :)