PDA

View Full Version : Tatooine Skiff & Y Wing

jjwr
Feb 23rd, 2000, 10:50:47 AM
Anyone know when these are coming out and what their retail prices will be? I saw some pictures of them on sirsteevesguide.com and they look awesome, I definetly wanna get one of each.

Jedieb
Feb 23rd, 2000, 12:34:41 PM
I think we're looking at a July release for these. I'd guess that the skiff would retail for $25-$30 and the Y-Wing could be anywhere from $40-$70. From what I've seen, neither one of these is a new mold. Hasbro is just using the original molds and adding new paint jobs like they did with the Falcon and the A-Wing. They're still nice toys and I'll be buying both, but Hasbro could make these cheaper if they wanted. Or they could do us all a favor and create new and improved molds but I doubt we'll be that lucky. :(

jjwr
Feb 23rd, 2000, 01:12:14 PM
I knew they'd be using the old molds but both of those toys are very cool anyways, and considering the price tags for the vintage ones theres no way I'd buy those. I honestly can't see how they could charge any more than $40 for the Y-Wing, heck its not that big and its not like they had to make a whole new mold for it. I definetly wanna get both though.

Jedieb
Feb 23rd, 2000, 04:25:54 PM
I picked up a vintage Y-Wing a couple of years ago and it's very nice. I've got a vintage R5-D4 behind the cockpit and it looks great. The electronic sounds and cannon still work also. I paid $85 bucks for it and that's not too bad. It came with the box and the bomb, which is sometimes hard to find. I'm pretty sure the new R5 will fit behind the cockpit but I'll have to check after work. If it doesn't fit I'll let you know. So, they'll do fine with the original mold and a new paint job. But I've heard some people complain about the skiff and its durability. I'll reserve judgement until I open it and set up my diorama, but I'd like to to be sturdy enough to hold all the figures necessary.

jjwr
Feb 23rd, 2000, 04:51:01 PM
Just from looking at it it doesn't seem too durable, but it doesn't look bad and its not like I'd be really rough with it.

I've seen a few Y-Wings but never wanted to pay that much for one, though I did pay $100 for a B-Wing in perfect shape with its box in Perfect shape, definetly my favorite of all the ships :)

Jedieb
Feb 23rd, 2000, 10:23:21 PM
That's the next vintage ship on my wish list! But I may wait to see if Hasbro will redo the B-Wing as well. I'm going to go on a small vintage shopping spree this summer and I haven't decided whether to spend my money on vintage figures or 1 ship. I may just go all out and try to buy a shuttle. What do ya think?

jjwr
Feb 24th, 2000, 10:11:50 AM
The Shuttle is awesome, I don't have one but I've seen a couple of them and they're really cool. Big too. I Love the B-Wing, when I bought it the POFT2 stuff wasn't really coming out so I didn't even considering waiting for them to make a new one. Its also a pretty big ship so I'm sure it would still be expensive if they remade it, but cheaper than a vintage one. Its definelty my fave ship though, I love that thing.

Marrak
Feb 27th, 2000, 01:04:41 AM
Yeah go the shuttle.. I'm getting one weather its from someone off here or what heh =OP

I've seen a few around on the net, but because I'm in Australia, everythings a little more expencive.. with all the converting to U.S dollars and all.

I'm going after two vintage TIE Interceptors at $70 U.S each.. I think along with a couple of A-Wings, X-wings and TIE Fighters they'd look rather good hanging from my bedroom ceiling in a battle scenario, don't you? =OP

But yeah.. go the Shuttle =OP

Later

Jedieb
Feb 27th, 2000, 04:28:14 PM
I've got a vintage tie and it's awesome! The wing is a bit beat up but I still love it, I'd never sell it. You should put a pic of your ceiling in your sig once you set it up.
MTFBWY

Lord Marrak
Apr 2nd, 2000, 11:47:42 AM
Oh don't worry..... I plan to =OP~~

Along with all these other pics I plan to have taken heheh

Jedieb
Apr 6th, 2000, 09:17:42 AM
I found my skiff at Targer yesterday for $19.99. This is a Target exclusive if you don't remember. The boxes were all nicked up, but I'm an opener so it didn't bug me too much. I expect the Y-Wing, another Target exclusive, to show up late this summer.
I was hoping my Target would have put a new SW display to coincide with the video release but no such luck. I have read some reports of stores redoing their SW section this weekend so keep an eye out.
Good Luck
MTFBWY

vadork
Apr 9th, 2000, 10:00:37 PM
supposedly target is having a nationwide sale next weekend (16th) and th skiff will be like $14.99. if they don't have any or they run out they gotta give you a rain check and you can get it when they have them back in stock at the 14.99 price. i got this info of of rebelscum.com or yakface.com. can't remeber which one!

Jedieb
Apr 10th, 2000, 01:15:23 PM
If you've already bought one and still have your receipt they should give you a price fix. I'm going to try and get my $5 this weekend.

DarthSnikelfritz
Apr 22nd, 2000, 02:57:02 AM
darni kepted my receipt

vadork
Apr 30th, 2000, 06:33:46 PM
shoot looks like these babies are gonna be discontinued. glad i bid on one from ebay a week ago (there are no targets near me). look at how much they are going for now on ebay ($40-$50) as opposed to a week ago ($20-$25)

i hate store exclusives when they dont allow everyone to get them or let pepoe walk out with loads of them just to turn around and make money off of the mark up

Jedieb
Apr 30th, 2000, 08:40:47 PM
I didn't trust the early reports that said these were being discontinued but more and more have started coming in so it looks like it's true. I guess the combination of EP1 pegwarmers and the poor sales of the last 12" exclusives caused somone at Target to cutback on the number of Skiffs being ordered. It's a shame really because the Skiff has been one of the hottest selling SW toys in months. And what makes it worse is that many stores never set limits and allowed scalpers to come in and buy several Skiffs at a time. Stupid scalpers. >(

Hopefully, the brisk sales of the Skiff will bode well for the Y-Wing this summer. I'd hate to see this happen again.

Jedieb
May 8th, 2000, 07:52:43 PM
I've just read that the Y-Wing will be limited to 30,000. The Skiff was around 25,000. The extra 5,000 and the higher price point should make this easier to find for collectors and kids but I'd still snatch one up the second you spot one. And in other Target exclusive news, the 12" Biker Scout may be hitting stores in the next 2-3 weeks. I'm pretty sure it comes with the bike which should make it one of the neater 12" figures.