PDA

View Full Version : COMMTech Chips May Be A Thing of the Past...

Jedieb
May 6th, 2000, 09:41:02 AM
Just read that the dreadful COMMTech chips may be disappearing as early as July. That's when the new packaging is due to start showing up. As a result we may actually see prices drop by about $1. And if you've passed on those $10 hologram figs some WalMarts have started reducing them to $5. I made the mistake of snatching them up the first day I saw them but I couldn't help myself because of the drought I'd been in. I'm going to wait until I can pick these up for even less and I may just buy for the stands so I can display the spirit figures of Yoda, Obi-Wan (x2) and Anakin.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 6th, 2000, 01:03:40 PM
i hope i never see another commtech chip again!

Bromine
May 6th, 2000, 06:04:35 PM
May the evil chips never be heard again!:)

Jedi Master Kyle
May 6th, 2000, 07:30:44 PM
let's have a burning of the chips! just like the burning of the books! oh wait, that means we have to open our packages. forget it, let's just despise them in silence.

Jedieb
May 6th, 2000, 11:10:33 PM
You never opened your figures JMK?! With EP1 I had to choose between opening them up or keeping them carded. I couldn't afford to keep buying 2 of each so I decided to open them up. How do you display them? Or do you store them in box?

Jedi Master Kyle
May 7th, 2000, 01:54:03 AM
i've got most of them hanging from my walls in their boxes. i'm not so much into their condition. if they fall and get a little bent, i don't care, i don't think i'll ever part with my collection.

Tonnikan Jinn
May 7th, 2000, 11:19:32 PM
Really.... where did you get your info from? I have been out of the toy collecting scene for a long time.

-T.J.

Jedieb
May 8th, 2000, 07:48:49 PM
I get most of my toy info from Rebelscum.com and Yakface.com. They're great sites and I'd highly recommend them to anyone who's been out of the loop for awhile or just starting out.

Jedieb
May 9th, 2000, 07:34:57 PM
I just read today that the chips will probably hang around until the end of the year and then they'll be gone. At one point, Hasbro had plans for another chip reader that had more built in sounds and better sound. They probably had second thoughts because of the poor sales of the COMMTech reader. I mean these things are still gathering dust everywhere and some stores couldn't move them at $3.

mez7
May 9th, 2000, 11:05:14 PM
the readers are at my local TRU for $3 thats canadian too

i think theyll be gone very soon.
also the local TRU had no figs at all, except the obi vs. breakapart maul all the figs were gone so maybe they were making room for new figs?

Jedieb
May 10th, 2000, 09:48:04 AM
I still haven't seen the Obi-Wan V. Maul 2 pack. Lucky Canadiens. Well, at least you guys finally caught a break. I've heard several Canadian toy collecting horror stories. I feel for you guys.

Bromine
May 10th, 2000, 07:02:30 PM
Newest figures I've seen in stores are the Yoda wave figures. That was ONCE. Haven't seen anything past the first wave since. (sob)

Although, department stores still have a LOT of older stuff. Jabba and Han beast pack, 12" Tusken Raider, electronic 12" Vader and electronic 12" R2-D2 and C-3PO are still abundant, at full retail I might add. Guess some stores have never heard of SALES!!:cool: