PDA

View Full Version : Shmi is CANCELLED?!

Albi Wan Yankovi
May 14th, 2000, 01:55:22 PM
From Yankface.com, "This in from our toy source - Hasbro's Shmi Skywalker figure has been CANCELLED! She will not be out this year, and it does not look good that she will be out unless someone can talk Hasbro into an exclusive. How can Hasbro CANCEL Vader's Mother???"

This is not right!

bronto
May 14th, 2000, 01:59:59 PM
And I suppose Hasbro is going to put another
re-sculpt in her place, i.e. Qui-Gon, Obi Wan, Maul....

Bromine
May 14th, 2000, 04:19:20 PM
Heaven forbid Hasbro cranks out a new character...They've got a very weird priority list. They'll do 10+ re-sculpts of main characters, then do some obscure guy with 2 seconds of screen time.
Granted, Shmi doesn't have any cool guns or anything that would make a figure a top seller, but I'd rather see her made than TC-14 or R5-B4.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 14th, 2000, 05:18:49 PM
who's running things at hasbro anyway? still nothing new here, it's been over a year now. :mad:

Bromine
May 14th, 2000, 06:08:42 PM
I think Jar-Jar Binks is in charge.:)

Albi Wan Yankovi
May 14th, 2000, 07:39:38 PM
You're satan, aren't you Bromine? ;)

SebulbaStar
May 14th, 2000, 09:02:06 PM
According to a source who emailed Yakface's Realm (http://www.yakface.com), Hasbro has cancelled Anakin's mom Shmi Skywalker, for unknown reasons, except maybe some retailers found a disliking to the figure. Ummm, What is wrong with the figure?http://www.angelfire.com/sc2/newsebulba2000/track8/shmipetition.jpg The figure looks great. If you'd like to see Hasbro re-consider this matter, and maybe have her an exclusive, or carded in the near future, please go sign the Petition over at Yakface's Realm, you're name will make a differnce, it did for 'Wuher - Cantina Bartender', and not only didHasbro produce the figure carded, but it turned out as an exclusive to the fan club, so hopefully this Petition works the same for Shmi Skywalker.

Albi Wan Yankovi
May 14th, 2000, 10:49:54 PM
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS BOARD?!?!?!?!

bronto
May 14th, 2000, 11:06:57 PM
I'm just posting to test out this freak occurance.

mez7
May 15th, 2000, 12:13:02 AM
maybe haysbro is screwing with this thread to stop any discussion about this figure :p

Jedieb
May 15th, 2000, 05:57:05 PM
I think there are a couple of reasons Hasbro is doing this. One of them being the massive amounts of unsold figures they're currently taking back from major retailers. And this is on top of the $100M or so they had in excess inventory from last year. The second reason being the old toy maxim; "Chicks don't sell."
Is this fair? No. I'd buy a Shmi figure in a heartbeat, but it's not a figure most kids would beg their parents for. And with even Tatooine Mauls gathering dust retailers aren't exactly chomping at the bit to order new cases with 2-4 Shmis and 10-12 old figures which they currently have warming their pegs. Hopefully the Fan Club or some other outlet will bail us out on this one and pick it up. Then we'll have the joy of paying $10 for a figure we should have been able to up for $5-6 at retail. Oh, joy....

Jedi Master Kyle
May 15th, 2000, 06:56:29 PM
y'know hearing things like "tatooine maul gathering dust" really irks me, since i've never seen one in person!!!!