PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro is letting you vote!!!!!!

Jedieb
May 26th, 2000, 12:28:44 PM
this is straight from the Hasbro website:

"Here it is, the first ever Fans' Choice Figure Poll!!! Whichever character gets the most votes will join our 2001 action figure line!
What character would you most like to see as an action figure?

Answers:
A. Amanin (Amanaman) (Click name to see the figure)
B. Duros (Click name to see the figure)
C. Eeth Koth (Click name to see the figure)
D. Teemto Pagalies (Click name to see the figure)
E. Bom Vimdim "

As you can see, you can click on the name and see an image to refresh your memory. For me it was a toss up between the old vintage classic Amanaman and the E1 Jedi Council member Eeth Koth, but my vintage sentimentalities prevailed and I went with Amanaman. And good ol' Amanaman is currently leading the pole but there have been less than 100 hundred replies so cast your vote now! And feel free to share your vote in this thread.
MTFBWY

mez7
May 26th, 2000, 02:06:50 PM
i voted for amanin,

there were 600 something votes when i checkd and amanin was winning with 46% of the votes

Jedieb
May 26th, 2000, 03:15:54 PM
He was at 53% when I voted, but I doubt if anyone will be able to catch him. One of the things that makes him so neat is his size. He's friggin' huuuuuggge (bad scottish accent)! It will be interesting to see if Hasbro does more of this in the future. I hope they do.

jjwr
May 26th, 2000, 03:35:45 PM
As a casual Star Wars fan I think one thing that may help him is people might actually remember the old figure and vote for the new one. Just from seeing the names on the others I don't recognize any of them so I probably wouldn't care about any of them getting made.

Jedieb
May 26th, 2000, 04:27:54 PM
Well, the votes have passed 2,400 and Amanaman has fallen behind the Cantina alien Duros. I was pretty surprised. I don't believe there's ever been a Duros figure, vintage or POTF2, so at least we're getting something new.

mez7
May 26th, 2000, 04:33:38 PM
from what i remember there was a duros,
it came in a cantina 4 pack with snaggle tooth and a few others,
i wouldnt mind a new sculpt though

Jedieb
May 27th, 2000, 07:17:05 PM
The vintage Sears Cantina set came with Greedo, Walrusman, Hammerhead, and the infamous Blue Snaggletooth. I jsut went through my trusty ol' SW: The Action Figure Guide and couldn't find Duros in the old line. This book is great and a great tool if you're trying to complete your vintage collection.

Bromine
May 28th, 2000, 04:45:17 AM
Hope Duros wins, just because I'd like to see something new. He also has a unique look, unlike, say, Eeth Koth who's just another humanoid Jedi.

mez7
May 28th, 2000, 03:01:34 PM
yeah i wasnt totally sure when i put that duros thing.
oh well i dont have the book and i was very young when it came out.

bronto
May 28th, 2000, 04:12:27 PM
That's why I voted for Duros, because he's never been made. I already have an Amanaman. I also thought Duros looked cooler then that Jedi Council member.

jjwr
May 30th, 2000, 08:34:49 AM
Ok which ones Duros? Can someone refresh my memory?

Jedieb
May 30th, 2000, 09:00:46 AM
He's one of those Cantina aliens that shows up for a second or two. I think he's had some EU stuff written about him as well. I don't have my books in front of me, but I think he had a story in the Jabba anthology edited by Kevin Anderson.

Bromine
May 30th, 2000, 04:26:29 PM
He's blue with a bulbous head. www.rebelscum.com has links to pics of all of them.