PDA

View Full Version : What's missing from your collection?

Jedieb
May 30th, 2000, 12:27:30 PM
Is there one special item that's missing from your collection? Are there 2 or 3 figures you haven't been able to find for months? Just what are you saving space for?

mez7
May 30th, 2000, 04:52:49 PM
YODA

i cant find the new TPM yoda anywhere, but my local TRus has taken all their old figs off the shelf for new ones to go up soon, so he should be there.

Jedi Master Kyle
May 30th, 2000, 05:05:13 PM
i have no room for anything anymore. but i would love to cram some more figures from TPM (after 1st wave) and some POTF 2 figures i never got. i'd like some more cool 12" figures as well.

Jedieb
May 30th, 2000, 08:16:29 PM
I'm about 1/3 of the way through the vintage figures, SW to POTF. I may pick up a couple of figures from the Droids line, namely R2 and 3PO because I like the cartoon look the figures have. I'm also hoping to expand my vintage ship collection to include a B-Wing, X-Wing, and Imperial Shuttle. If I quit collecting EP1 & POTF2 stuff for a year I could probably afford to do it. I could then jump back into the hobby and pick up stuff at the ridiculous clearance prices that we're seeing today. There's no gaurantee I'd find everything that gets released though so I'll probably just keep hitting the stores. :(

I'm pretty much caught up on EP1 & and POTF2 right now. I've been very lucky. :) I'm waiting on the Trade Federation Tank and the Obi-Wan V. Break Apart Maul, that's about it.

I also don't know what I'm going to do about space. I like to display everything but I just don't know how I'm going to cram 2 more movie's worth of merchandise into my SW room. It's already packed. I may have to knock out a wall or something. I hate to box up the stuff I like.

I just wish I could enjoy the stuff I do have more. There's always something to buy and scaplers and hoarders to compete against. Everyonce in awhile I need to take a breath and take a look at what I have managed to collect and appreciate it. It's way more than I was ever able to buy when the first trilogy came around so I'm very grateful for that. :)
MTFBWY

Jedi Master Kyle
May 30th, 2000, 11:05:04 PM
no matter how much star wars stuff you amass, you still want more???

Bromine
May 31st, 2000, 12:31:20 AM
One thing I really wanted but never got was the EU figures. Thrawn in particular. Cantina Band Member would have been nice, too. There were other figures I wanted and had the chance to get, but just decided they weren't really worth it. I'm trying my best to keep my collection small. (TRYING, not succeeding.:) )

Jedieb
May 31st, 2000, 12:06:00 PM
I LOVE the EU figures!! They're some of the best Hasbro made. The card/backdrops are the best Hasbro has done, IMO. I'd take them over COMMTech chips any day!

bronto
Jun 2nd, 2000, 08:27:14 PM
From the original Kenner line I'm missing the A-Wing Pilot, Yak Face, and one of the Ewoks (I think it's Warok). From the new line there's all kinds of stuff because I've never even seen them in the stores. Senate Guard, the new Stormtrooper, Vader w/ interrigation driod, Holo Sidious, Yoda with real hair and cooking pot, Leia w/ hood, R2 w/ hologram, swimming Jar Jar, a couple of the EU figures, Han and Tauntaun.........

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 2nd, 2000, 10:14:28 PM
i think unless you work for hasbro, you'll never eeeeeeever get the entire line. they'll always pump out a few figures every season just so that when you think you're done, you're not.

Jedieb
Jun 3rd, 2000, 11:19:38 AM
JMK
no matter how much star wars stuff you amass, you still want more???

Sorry to have skipped over this thought JMK. Yes, no matter how much stuff I get, there always seems to be something else to buy. When I eventually finish my vintage figures I'll probably look at the figures from the Droids line and say, "Maybe paying $1,000 for a Vlix isn't such a bad idea..." I need help. ;)

Albi Wan Yankovi
Jun 4th, 2000, 09:27:39 PM
We all do Jedieb, we all do.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 5th, 2000, 10:21:18 AM
it's an addiction. and i'm in withdrawl right now. no new toys in over a year...

Albi Wan Yankovi
Jun 6th, 2000, 01:54:42 AM
DAY-UM Kyle! Over a year! Christ... I feel so sorry for you!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 6th, 2000, 11:10:25 AM
yep, over a year, can you believe that? the local walmart has many 3p0's, and a couple ric olie's. a couple models, and that's it. but there is still no reason to believe that anything is coming because it's been this way for months now...i'm so not pleased with hasbro...there is no way i'll ever catch up now...