PDA

View Full Version : 300th Figure - Boba Fett

Bromine
Jun 25th, 2000, 02:43:47 AM
Nothing in the POTF2 or TPM line has really excited me lately, but this is one figure that's just too cool to pass up! I haven't got a Boba Fett figure yet, either.

Here's the question, though: Do you keep this special figure mint in packaging and preserve its awesome beauty, or open it up and take advantage of all that articulation?
I myself plan on ripping it open and putting Fett on a bar stool next to Han in my diorama.

SPY007
Jun 25th, 2000, 03:34:26 AM
I plan to buy two. One to open. Actually, I've gotten so tired of SW that I sold much of my collection keeping (and opening) only one of each fig, since they've done so many resculps. Granted to new sculpts look great, but why do 10 slightly different Vaders, R2's, Lukes etc. and no new Lando? That muscle bound fig is a joke. New toys will NEVER have the value of the old stuff. Too many people are hording it and speculating on it. Even the old stuff is dropping in price. (see Billy Beer) I think a lot of people have lost their passion for SW like baseball fans did when players demanded such high salaries and the market was over saturated with BB cards. Lucas too has totally sold out.His days of making great films are over. I guess money is what drives him today, not a passion for story telling. Open it and enjoy it.

Bromine
Jun 25th, 2000, 06:43:37 AM
Well, I agree with you on ONE thing: SW merchandise has become like baseball cards and it's not really an investment anymore.

If you think GL has sold out, I sugest you stop purchasing SW stuff because you're just giving him more money to continue doing what he's doing.

Jedieb
Jun 25th, 2000, 04:40:49 PM
I just saw the pics from the Plano show over at Rebelscum and I have to say that the 300th Fett looks simply awesome! This is one I'll probably buy 2 of, one to open and one to keep carded. But he's definitely coming out of the packaging! The articulation and cloth cape look beautiful.
The new card design looks nice too. And the $1 price drop was some of the best news to come out of the show. And did anyone else see the new 12" bounty hunters?! IG-88, 4-LOM, & Bossk look awesome. I think we'll see Dengar and Zuckuss eventually as well. Everything is due out in September so save your pennies this summer.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 25th, 2000, 11:57:15 PM
could you provide me with a link or a pic, it's probably the closest i'll ever get to this apparently great new fig! :(

Bromine
Jun 26th, 2000, 12:36:23 AM
Can't remember the exact link offhand. Go to theforce.net. One of the latest articles is about it and they have a link to the pictures.

Jedieb
Jun 26th, 2000, 08:38:14 AM
Pics and info on the new line, which is now going to be called Power Of The Jedi, can be found at;
www.rebelscum.com

Bromine
Jun 26th, 2000, 09:19:39 AM
Speaking of the new line, what do you think of the packaging? Personally, I would have preferred a picture of young Anakin, to contrast "Old" Anakin(Vader). Looks kinda strange seeing TPM Kenobi and Vader together. That's just nitpicking, though.
Also, I don't like the name for some reason. Would've been cool for a line of all Jedi's, but a "Power of the Jedi" card with Chewbacca on it seems silly.
At least they got rid of the CommTech chips.:)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jun 26th, 2000, 02:25:36 PM
no moer commtech! yahoooooooooo!
oh yeah, i forgot, it doesn't matter for me...but i'm still happy for the rest of you!