PDA

View Full Version : X-Men action figures

Bromine
Jul 16th, 2000, 07:25:07 AM
Believe it or not, I never noticed them until Friday. I always just make a B-line for the Star Wars stuff. Must have walked by them a million times without realising it.
Anyway, does anyone else think they're a tad over-priced and over-packaged? Instead of a normal blister they've got a giant clear plastic box. This is made to look neccessary by the addition of gigantic accessories. Then there's that big plastic X symbol at the top. Was that really neccessary?
They are cool figures, though. Nice articulation. If I do get any, though, I'm leaning heavily toward Sabretooth solely for the fact that you get TWO figures for the price of one!(He comes with a security guard) That beats some silly wreckage like Wolvie has.

jjwr
Jul 16th, 2000, 09:47:30 AM
I don't see how you can say they're over priced, at Toys R Us they're $5.99 which is less than the TPM figures(I think).

I think the packaging looks great, definetly distinctive. When I get a little more money I'm gonna buy 3 or 4 more figures(have Cyclops). I'll probably get Magneto, Wolverine, Storm and Professor X.

Very cool figures, definetly well done.

Jedieb
Jul 16th, 2000, 11:05:42 AM
Maybe Bro was looking at KB prices. ;)

Yes, the X-Men figures are very nice. The packaging isw pretty impressive, but I think toy companies today design packaging with collectors in mind. They try to design a package that can be displayed. The X-Men figures do have an attractive price point. It's hard to believe that they can be that much bigger than the POTF2/EP1 4" line and still be $2 cheaper!! But, Marvel doesn't have the merchandising muscle that Lucas does.

jjwr
Jul 16th, 2000, 02:47:33 PM
I think the packages on those look great, would definetly look good on display. The two packs are nice too, great packaging, great price, and the figures are cool too!

IndianaJones
Jul 16th, 2000, 07:26:30 PM
I think they look bad, personally. I'd love a Wolverine or Logan, but they look dumb. The only ones I've seen that look good are Cyc and Storm.

Bromine
Jul 16th, 2000, 10:49:02 PM
Okay, I guess there's an international misunderstanding occuring: X-Men figures are $8.99 at Wal-Mart up here, and that's the cheapest price around. Star Wars figs WERE $9.99, but now they're all marked down a few dollars, depending on where you go.
$5.99 IS definitely reasonable for a nicely articulated liscensed figure.

Albi Wan Yankovi
Jul 17th, 2000, 12:10:46 AM
Geez, bro... where are you?

Bromine
Jul 17th, 2000, 01:20:58 AM
B.C., Canada. Even with the exchange rate, it's almost cheaper to go to the U.S. to buy toys.

jjwr
Jul 17th, 2000, 08:19:00 AM
The TPM figures here are still full price but the other POFT2 stuff is down to $3 or $4 a pop(which is about what they should cost for what you get BTW). For the size of the figure, articulation and the accessories $5.99 is a great price now a days.