PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea...

IndianaJones
Jul 19th, 2000, 10:54:30 PM
While goofing around today and waiting for posts and such I was fooling with a pocket knife, you know one of those big bulky McGyver style..., anyway...There was a tool on it (I don't know whit it is) that closely resembled one of Wolverines claws. I was thinking about making some casts and casting some metal claws to start customizing a cool looking Wolverine/Logan figure. I think I'll convert a 12 inch GI JOE. Is someone capable of sculpting a head? Or is there an easy way to sculpt a head and cast it in resin?

I then was thinking of converting a GI JOE leather jacket into Logans and improvising the rest of the outfit.

Any thoughts?

Bromine
Jul 19th, 2000, 11:16:39 PM
Can you post a pic or drawing of the tool? I've got a few Swiss Army-style knives myself but I don't think I have that tool on any of them.
For the head, you could try just looking around for a G.I. Joe size doll with a head that looks similar or close and then modify it. There's a ton to choose from.

Sounds like a cool project. I've been thinking of doing some 12 inch customs myself, but finding a good subject is tough.

IndianaJones
Jul 20th, 2000, 11:36:35 AM
Really, here are some I've thought of...

Matrix-Neo
Indiana Jones (the 12 inch is way to expensive)
Wolverine/Logan
Rambo-Thats way easy

IndianaJones
Jul 20th, 2000, 11:37:35 AM
I'll get a pick by the end of today, but can you tell me how to post it. I'm quite dumb at that. I can never get it to work.

Bromine
Jul 20th, 2000, 04:34:17 PM
After you upload it to your webspace, do this:

whateveryourURLis

If you're talking about that Indiana Jones from Toys McCoy, DAMN! That's so cool even if it is worth its weight in gold!

IndianaJones
Jul 20th, 2000, 04:45:27 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask, but where can I get the costume and weapon set for turing a 12 inch GI Loe into an Aliens' Marine? And are there any more costume sets from other movies like this one?

IndianaJones
Jul 20th, 2000, 09:44:24 PM
testing out my new GIGANTIC sig, dont worry, its only temporary.

Jedieb
Jul 21st, 2000, 09:12:14 AM
Nice sig Indy. Hey, what program did you use to put it together?

IndianaJones
Jul 21st, 2000, 11:21:42 AM
I put it together in a program called Micrographix Picture Publisher. It came with my scanner and is a few years old. Glad you like it. Unfortunately, Geocities is on the frits and I cannot view any of my stuff, pics included.