PDA

View Full Version : New SW LEGOs hitting stores

Jedieb
Jun 10th, 2000, 10:21:50 AM
I picked up the Falcon LEGO at TRU yesterday. $104.49 with tax, OUCH!!!! I also spotted the Collector's Series Interceptor($99) and X-Wing($150!!!!!!). They both looked AWESOME, but the price tag is just WAY too steep so I passed for now! I'll wait until some sale pops up. I can be patient, at this big a price point these will eventually stay on the shelves.
I'm really looking forward to working on the Falcon. Finally a LEGO Chewie!!!!!!!!!!
MTFBWY

mez7
Jun 16th, 2000, 03:48:59 AM
ive got to get the falcon lego,
im working on the 3d puzzel right now,

i think my collection will mainly focus on the falcon for non props from now on, keeps my collection in a sensable level,

but im going to wait till the price goes down a bit,
wait till next summer when the stores are trying to get rid of them for new stock

Bromine
Jun 16th, 2000, 09:40:37 PM
Big expensive sets like those usually go down a bit after a while. A little too steep right now for my liking.

Banestone
Jul 21st, 2000, 01:34:34 PM
I picked up the Millenium Falcon LEGO set last week at a TRU... it's really a great set, except for the odd usage of blue and red bricks that I suppose are meant to emphasize the "hunk of junk" aspect of the Falcon. My favorite things about the set is of course the Chewbacca and Han minifigures - the Chewbacca minifig is made up of brown legs, shirt, and hands (my terms for the parts of a minifig, dunno what else to call them), and a head piece that comes down to cover the shirt piece in the front and back (like the Boba Fett helmet, only it's the head as well). There are tons of storage places on the Falcon itself, including the smuggling space where Han & Co. hid themselves when the Death Star caught them, and it has a set of tools and pretty nice detail work on the top hull. My main complaint with the set is the c ockpit... it only holds two minifigs! And what's worse, those two can't even sit in there properly... the floor they sit on (no chairs) is 4 nubs wide, so if you have two in there, their arms get in each other's ways... kinda irritating, I'm going to have to remodel that soon. Oh yeah, there's a gameboard piece as well (the holographic one Chewie and R2 played), that's a nice touch... overall, this set is worth it for the ship and minifigs. The new Han looks great, the Leia minifig is decent (the hair looks odd though, even for her, lol), and the C-3PO minifig looks - as may be expected - gay. But it's all pretty good... if only they'd included the helmet Luke uses to lightsaber train in, that would have been nice... and a bowcaster for Chewie would have been better.

Sorry for the long paragraph. :)

Anyways, then yesterday I got the droid carrier and droid tank sets (forgot what they're called, if they are called something different), from Ep. 1. I made the carrier first, and I was greatly pleased with how it was constructed, and of course the 7 battle droids it came with! And then I made the tank... something naggingly seemed wrong about it, but it looked good and the only problem with it was that it's weight was mostly in the back, leaving it prone to tipping over backwards easily, but the main gun turret balanced it out ok. And then... I put the two sets together. And then I screamed... the tank is nearly as big as the troop carrier! Seriously! Dang... oh well, that was dissapointed, but what's LEGO going to do? Make a battle droid troop carrier that holds 100 droids, instead of 7? The tank was to scale, but I guess there's just no solution to the smallness of the carrier. :(

On the brighter side, I got my LEGO catalogue a while ago, and it is selling sets of three LEGO minifigs, with at least one minifig per set (one exception to this rule, though) being a completely catalogue-exclusive deal (you won't find them ANYWHERE else, in other words)! Of those sets, four of them are Star Wars sets:

-Emperor Palpatine, Darth Maul, and Darth Vader
-Luke (in black Jedi outfit and hood), Han Solo (Mill. Falcon version), and Boba Fett
-Two Scout Troopers and Chewbacca (Chewbacca has a bowcaster, which is a black crossbow)
-Two Battle Droids (with the backpack bricks) and Battle Droid Commander (has the yellow mark on it's head)

Woo hoo! I'm definitely getting the Emperor and Battle Droid set, they look great... all the sets include grey-colored stands and what looks like a card with some SW scene on it that stands up from the back of the stands (They are a bit expensive for minifigs, though... $3.50 US I think for each 3-fig set). Anyways, just thought I'd let you all know about that stuff! Most of my SW collecting is LEGO or posters... not really into the action figures.

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 21st, 2000, 01:46:31 PM
nice, I'll have to pull some strings at the local TRU, because there's no way in hell i'm paying that much!

Banestone
Jul 21st, 2000, 02:38:10 PM
lol, I can understand that!

Albi Wan Yankovi
Jul 22nd, 2000, 02:20:11 AM
I'm sorry, what'd you say? Something about TRU... I was paying attention to that picture on your post... is that Jessica Simpson? I can't stand her music... but she ain't half bad...

Jedieb
Jul 22nd, 2000, 09:25:57 PM
Hi Banestorm, I don't think I've ever seen you post here before, welcome. Glad you liked the LEGO Falcon. I have to agree with your review of it. LEGO did an excellent job. I haven't picked up the ATT yet. I'm waiting for a sale or X-Mas on that one. And I have to agree with you on the new Minifigs, they are simply amazing. And the price is pretty decent. I'll probably pick them up before the year is out. I'm saving up now for September and POTJ so I have to be patient. :(

Banestone
Jul 24th, 2000, 01:44:31 AM
Thanks Jedieb! :) I've been around, mostly I just post on the role-playing forum though. Yeah, I should have waited for a LEGO sale before getting so much too... d'oh! Anyways, I can't wait until LEGO starts making some Stormptrooper minifigs... the Scouts just can't cut it well enough! Oh well, hopefully in 2001 they'll come out with those...