PDA

View Full Version : 12" Scout Trooper out now? Ton on Ebay......

Duke Chad
Jul 12th, 2000, 08:33:03 PM
I posted the below on the Replica Prop Forum and figured this was a better place for this.....

I was checking Ebay under keyword "Scout Trooper" and found a ton of the 12" Scout Trooper figures on Ebay. Does that mean they are out there at Target? Or are there folks just "pre-selling" these and will not deliver till August? (The estimated delivery time) It makes me think it is a pre-sell due to every seller is using the same promo pictures.

Anyone have any info on this? I have heard some folks were able to sweet talk the managers at Target in taking a few from the back warehouse before the official distro date.

Looking at the Rebel Scum site it was mentioned that places in Southern California have recieved the Trooper at Target and are selling them.

I will tell you one thing, I hate this exclusive crap. Ever since it started a few years back, it has driven me crazy. I guess from my standpoint, I just collect these 12" figures and will keep them till I die so the value increasing due to the exclusive aspect of it is not an issue for me. It is only an issue when they are so hard to find.

Also, I wonder if these are sold to Toy Vendors in bulk prior to going to the general public?
It seems that they always get first dibs and mark them up to ridiculous prices!

Case in point, at the last Plano Con, there was a Toy Vendor that had at least 50 of the Target Exclusive Y-Wing. He was selling them for $100.00 each!

That is just crazy!

Chad

Bromine
Jul 12th, 2000, 08:45:42 PM
Yeah, exclusives are a pain. The flipside, however, is that *apparently* some of these toys would not be released if they couldn't be exclusives. This is because, for example, a lot of the big vendors may not have liked the Tatooine Skiff, but Target says, "Okay, we'll take this toy that no one else will sell, but only if we get it as an exlcusive." At least that's the story I've heard on exclusives.

I think you're right, though: Target takes their "exclusive" and sells it in bulk to scalpers. I've heard stories with the Tatooine Skiff similar to the dealer with the $100 Y-Wings.

vadork
Jul 20th, 2000, 04:21:17 PM
yeah i hate the exclusive items, mostly because i have no targets and no walmarts anywhere near where i live. so i get stuck looking elsewhere (i.e ebay). real pain in the ass. i just wish they would offer these exclusives online so i could get them for a decent price.

Jedieb
Jul 21st, 2000, 09:10:53 AM
I think you might be in luck with the Y-Wing or the Speeder. one of these may be offered by Target on-line. And they may eventually have the Skiff. Check there site and good luck.

vadork
Jul 26th, 2000, 09:07:01 AM
Thanks for the fyi jedieb!

well as i said i have no target store in my area (connecticut). if anyone can get an extra speederbike i am willing to trade for one of the fao schwarz exclusive Fambaa's (which retail for $75). a one for one straight up trade. also a trade for the y-wing would be good also. i have a 61 feedback from ebay with no negatives. just email if interseted:

vadork1@earthlink.net

Jedieb
Jul 27th, 2000, 08:35:26 AM
Here's a perfect example of why scalpers are the dregs of the universe. This is from an ebay auction:

"If you have tried to find these at Target you probably found out they are not available anywhere but here on Ebay. This item was discontinued before Target even got a chance to stock it on their shelves. You won't find this one anywhere but on Ebay. This one (I have 3) is in an excellent box!"

WHAT A FILTHY LIAR!!!!!!!!! These have NOT been "discontinued" and he knows it! Stupid scalping scumbags! >(

BE patient!!! The Y-Wing and the Biker Scout will see shelves!

Bromine
Jul 27th, 2000, 09:00:37 AM
As much as I beleve in caveat emptor philosophy, I think this is well over the line. I mean, pulling the head off a Luke Skywalker and calling it a "rare variation! Must buy!" may be lying, but anyone who's stupid enough to fall for it doesn't get my sympathy. With all the rumour and concern surrounding the speederbike release, this could easily fool even a normally savvy novice collector.

I'd like to stick that lying scalper's head in a toilet and flush him for a few hours...

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 27th, 2000, 03:57:07 PM
I'd just like to smash the toilet over his head. Do any scalpers have any idea of right and wrong? do they even care? it seems these bloodsuckers are all the same!

Jedieb
Jul 27th, 2000, 10:02:04 PM
The dark side they are...

Jedieb
Aug 1st, 2000, 09:52:19 AM
I just went by my local Target this morning and a stock person told me they are honoring the 8/6 street date. He was very polite so I didn't play the "Can you get me the manager?" game. I just hope they don't let ANY of them out early. I'll be there bright and early Sunday morning and I'm sure I won't be alone. Some of the local vanheads and dealers will are sure to be there as well. I'm sure as hell not running down any toy aisle, although I could easily smoke the fat bastards! If I see a mad stampede I'm headed straight for a manager and making sure they won't let some damn scalper load up on 6 of everything. I may even go by on Saturday and check to see if the store will be imposing a limit. Letting collectors buy 2 of an item is reasonable, but letting some fat 20-something loser who's still living in his parents' basement grab everything in site is down right un-American!

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 1st, 2000, 11:18:50 AM
Just so I'm clear on this, what is coming out on the 6th? The Power of the Jedi figs?

Jedieb
Aug 1st, 2000, 11:57:42 AM
On Sunday, August 6, the Target exclusive Y-Wing and 12" Speeder Bike are suppose to be coming out. Some people think that some Target stores may already have some cases of POTJ figures ready to go out as well. I'm not expecting my store here in Virginia to have any POTJ figures yet, but you never know. I originally thought we wouldn't see these until sometime in September but it's starting to look like some places may be getting them sooner than that. I think Target may be getting the jump on other retailers simply because they had the Y-Wing & Speeder Bike on order and decided to order POTJ figs early as well.

To recap, you should definitely see the Y-Wing & Speeder Bike (If your store hasn't been cleaned out by scalpers) and there's a SMALL chance you may see some POTJ figures. Good luck guys.
MTFBWY

Bromine
Aug 1st, 2000, 06:05:17 PM
Jedieb - Just remember that scalpers only have two hands, so the way I see it they can only hold on to 2 Biker Scouts at a time!;)