PDA

View Full Version : SW toys CHEAP? Why?

flint723
Aug 1st, 2000, 07:49:04 PM
Anyone out there got any insights as to why SW stuff is being cleared out of local Kay-Bee, Toy's R' Us, heck pretty much everywhere? Action Fleet, Micro Machines, POTF, POTF2, Ep1 - it's all going going gone... I've quadrupled my SW collection just in the last 2-3 months. It's a collector's paradise out here...!

Jedieb
Aug 1st, 2000, 08:10:36 PM
Retailers are just trying to clear out excess stock in time for the X-Mas shopping season. For those that are just getting into the collecting game there are great bargins to be found. Good luck.

Bromine
Aug 2nd, 2000, 01:37:38 AM
Yeah, around May of last year stores were stocked with tons of Episode 1 and POTF merchandise and at first it sold like crazy, but the stores just had way too much. Demand was high, but not THAT high. I still get choked when I think of buying figures for $9.99 on opening day, and now I can get the same ones for $4.99 on clearance.:)

jjwr
Aug 2nd, 2000, 09:34:41 AM
Maybe a sharp increase in sales at $5 a figure will send a message to Hasbro and they'll put the figures out at that price all the time.

mez7
Aug 3rd, 2000, 08:01:51 PM
hell i got a bunch from TRus for 2 bucks,

its just because the store was so overstocked and nothing was selling, if the store wanted to get rid of them and make more space they needed to put them at a price which they would sell at,

thats the reason they are cheap all over, they need more space for stuff that will sell easily,