PDA

View Full Version : Episode 1 Posters?

Bromine
Jul 16th, 2000, 07:41:40 AM
Way back when the TPM hype was in full swing, I bought some of the "Teaser" posters from the fan club. It's the one with Anakin casting Darth Vader's shadow. A much crappier, smaller version was available at Wal-Mart. Does anyone know what the going rate for these are? I checked E-Bay, and there aren't any there. I hope this wasn't one of those items everyone bought 12 of hoping to sell later?

In related news, a local ToysR'Us is trying to auction off a bunch of posters and stuff, but they aren't getting a lot of bids. They've got a poster for just about every major character(Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, BattleDroid, etc) with a nice head shot, a scene in the background, and "Star Wars" written down the side. Haven't seen them before. They also have a bunch of cardboard cutouts of just the head and shoulders that are something like one foot high by two feet wide(Darth Maul, Jar-Jar, Yoda, Boss Nass, others). I'm guessing they are used as shelf toppers.
If anyone's interested, I can post details. Minimum bid is $10CDN, and the way bidding is going chances are $10 will win it. I'm probably going to bid on a bunch of them anyway, so I'll be glad to get one for someone. I know a lot of people like me desperately want some store displays but haven't been able to get them yet.

Jedieb
Jul 16th, 2000, 11:01:26 AM
I would think that the "teaser" posters would be worth maybe $5 more than what you paid for it. Maybe even less considering there were so many made. The Fan Club may still have some more. They'll probably be worth more a few years from now but right now there's not too much demand for them.

Those displays sound great. I've got enough stuff as it is, but I'd love to see whatever you end up buying. Post some pics when you get them.

IndianaJones
Jul 16th, 2000, 07:20:54 PM
5 months ago I bought the big 27" by 40" theater poster from TPM for $1.88 US. Beat that!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 16th, 2000, 08:17:56 PM
That can't be beat!

IndianaJones
Jul 16th, 2000, 11:51:41 PM
The frame I bought was $25! Nice black metal trim and plexi glass "window". I got ripped on the frame! But The Poster was worth it!

Bromine
Jul 16th, 2000, 11:57:55 PM
That's not too bad for a frame, really. It cost over $50 to frame my Episode 1 poster.

Albi Wan Yankovi
Jul 17th, 2000, 12:14:33 AM
I can beat him. I got a Pepsi/Frito Lay Watto and Yoda for just $3.65 for the two. Boyah!

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 17th, 2000, 10:04:50 AM
I got the 4 taco bell posters fo free!

Albi Wan Yankovi
Jul 17th, 2000, 03:22:10 PM
Owah... Kyle! I do believe you win this round! ;)

Jedi Master Kyle
Jul 17th, 2000, 06:29:05 PM
Too bad they're just rolled up under my bed! I haven't even seen what they look like together yet!

robmart
Aug 9th, 2000, 04:42:59 PM
I think a 27" by 40" is a reprint. An original is 27" by 41". Still a good price though. If you plan on selling 1 of those teasers let me know what your going to want for it? I have a collection of 1 sheets and would like another.