PDA

View Full Version : Just opened up my 12" Han and Tauntaun...

Bromine
Aug 13th, 2000, 09:08:33 PM
THIS THING IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!
I won't lie, though: I originally bought it because I thought it was going to be worth a lot of money. It's been hidden in a box all this time. I finally decided to just open and enjoy it. Well, I haven't bought any of the other 12" figures, but if they're half as good as this one, I'm going to start collecting them!
In retrospect, I wouldn't spend the $65 on it again, but it's too late to change that, so overall, nice figure with a lot of articulation and accessories. Real quality. The tauntaun is just plain cool. That is all.

Jedieb
Aug 13th, 2000, 10:20:08 PM
Another 12" Han/Taun Taun released from its packaging, VICTORY!!! One of the things I learned when I freed mine was that the sucker has a hard time standing up on his own. Oh, he'll be standing when you leave the room, but the next day you'll find he's fallen over and squashed the much smaller toys around him. I solved my problem by displaying him on the backdrop that comes inside the box. I actually tied him to the back drop through some of the small holes that were occupied by the twisties that originally held the figure in place. Hopefully you won't have to resort to this and the good old boy will stand up on his own. Congrats on your newly opened toy!

But sadly, most of the other 12" figures are nowhere near as cool. So just buy what you like. MTFBWY

Bromine
Aug 13th, 2000, 10:57:55 PM
As I read your post, I looked over to the shelf where I left him standing, and sure enough, he's not there. Further investigation reveals he's lying in a heap on the floor.(sigh).
Are all the 12" figs at least articulated as well as Han? Articulated knees, feet, hips, amrs, wrists...I was so surprised that he could go from straddling the tauntaun to standing up straight!

Jedieb
Aug 13th, 2000, 11:27:42 PM
Yes, 12" figures are very articulated. They put the 3 3/4" figures to shame. I'm not an expert on the subject, but you're basically getting a G.I. Joe with SW clothing and accesories. I open most of the 12" figures that I buy and I find that you can usually work with them and pose them just about anyway you want.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 13th, 2000, 11:48:18 PM
The tauntaun is big enough to rival some family pooches!
I've got the 12" Anakin, and I sometimes wish I were 12" tall so I could swipe his cloak from him and beat up all the other 12" figures without being called a bully!