PDA

View Full Version : Me need troopers!

Jeeves
Aug 13th, 2000, 03:25:47 PM
Hi there!

I've really hit the wall searching for the new commtech stormtroopers. I would like to get my hands on one, or preferably two of them. Anyone out there willing to sell or trade?

I'd be willing to give you three loose potf2 troopers for each commtech trooper (carded or loose). Cash, of course, is a viable option...

Speaking of stormtroopers, I also have a burning desire for one more MARMIT trooper, and one sandtrooper. Again, I am willing to pay cash, or I have many thingaroos for trade, including a nice, folded ANH movie poster (teaser), model kits, figs, and more.

Please help!
Thanks, jeeves

(rajiva@intelos.net)

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 13th, 2000, 11:49:24 PM
I'll probably kick myslef for asking, but what the hell is a "MARMIT" trooper?

Bromine
Aug 13th, 2000, 11:55:41 PM
It's a really big (12-14") and REALLY, REALLY articulated stormtrooper toy from Japan. You have to put it together yourself; the body and then all the little armour peices. It costs around $100-$80, I believe. Very cool, if you can afford it.

Jedieb
Aug 14th, 2000, 09:38:40 AM
All I've ever from people who've bought Marmit figures is how much they LOVE them. In addition to the Stormtrooper there's a sand trooper (with different colored shoulder pads), a tie fighter pilot, and a Boba Fett as well. They're very nice but a little too rich for my blood.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 14th, 2000, 11:17:09 AM
Ok, so I didn't kick myself, I've never heard of those, but they are waaaay out of my price range!

Jeeves
Aug 14th, 2000, 02:48:29 PM
Check out this site for a cool Marmit conversion. They are 4 times as expensive as the 12" SW figs, but IMHO, they are a whole lot more accurate. More like a poseable model kit than a toy.

Any help on those commtech troopers, guys?

home.flash.net/~jimbob1/index.htm (http://home.flash.net/~jimbob1/index.htm)

Bromine
Aug 14th, 2000, 05:09:11 PM
I don't think that wave has even made it to Canada yet, but if I manage to find one, I'll definitely trade you! When were they released in the US? I'm assuming I didn't miss them completely up here...

Jedieb
Aug 14th, 2000, 05:51:10 PM
Sorry I can't help you there Jeeves old boy. Those stormtroopers have sold very well here in my area. You just don't see them on pegs. But I still spot the occasional green carded Stormie at TRU and KB, so I'd check those places. They might even have some back in their stock rooms.

Jeeves
Aug 14th, 2000, 05:55:28 PM
Thanks Bromine!

If you find the Commtech "battle damage" troopers, I'll trade you 3 loose POTF2's for each commtech. I think I can sustain about 2-3 trades -- although one or two of the troopers you get may be sandtroopers or luke stormtroopers.

I don't know when the wave hit the US, although I'm pretty sure it's out-- the scalpers have them for sure. Keep in touch, Bro! My email is rajiva@intelos.net.

Thanks!
--Raj